WarGaming Chicago please hear my cry

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

xBRx xTACTICSx #1 Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35560 battles

I'm going to start by saying I'm not going to argue about balance. I'm simply stating my opinion from someone with 30k Xbox battles. As soon as I post this I know I'm going to have some forum trolls around to put their opinions in. That being said I'm here to talk about what I think this game needs moving forward in 2017.

Clan competition. WG you promised to focus mostly on clan competition in 2016. Although we are grateful for spectator mode and everything else you have giving us, we are still missing many things.

1. Game modes
This biggest thing we are missing and goes without being said is double flag assault. We have successful tournaments being hosted by much of the WoT community and they are doing they best they can with what they have.

Without double flag assault we have to compromise with standard mode and have match replays for draws. I know you are very busy with new maps and such but please if you do one thing for the clan community please double flag assault should be at the top of the list. Even if you can only manage to put 4-5 maps in the game it be greatly appreciated.

2. Updates to spectator mode.

- We need to remove the names over dead tanks, it becomes very hard to spectate when so many tanks are dead in one area.

- We very much need an auto detection system for spectator so the viewer can see who is spotted.
- HP values are needed instead of percents. We can't tell if someone can kill someone with one shot with percent of HP remaining.

3. Finally changes to training room costs.

These are suppose to be training rooms for clans to practice. All I see in these training rooms are players running around doing races or ramming only rooms. These players are not paying silver for repairs but the clans that practice have to pay. Fair? Is this what WG intended this to be? If so then disregard. If not then this is how you fix it. Cut ammo cost by 50% in training rooms and add repair costs so it's even for both racers and clans trying to practice.

4. Balance
I'm not going to touch too much on this topic as there is much hate towards the balance of this game.
- The numbers are not accurate for this reason. All the good players play mediums, heavies and lights. These are the hardest classes in the game to play and therefore the numbers even out as all the good players are playing them. Lights and mediums mainly require much teamwork to become "good" whereas TD's and arty are solo tanks and just used to counter heavies and mediums with ease. 

Now that I have taking the time to explain all this please hear our cries!

Edited by xBRx xTACTICSx, 16 August 2016 - 06:40 PM.

TSFxSHINARUI 00 #2 Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24274 battles
Can u fix the 1s delay open on the mini-map via the back button tenk you.

TIER Xs HIGHEST DAMAGE GAMES + MARKS OF EXCELLENCE> *

***Fv215B-183: 13.3K      ***T62-A: 11.9K      ***Leopard 1: 11.4K      **Jag.Pz.E-100: 11.4K      ***T110E4: 11.3K     ***T110E3: 11.2K      ***AMX 50B: 11.2K        ***WT auf E-100: 11.1K      ***T110E5: 10.9K      ***T57 Heavy: 10.6K      ***IS-7: 10.5K            ***Fv215b: 10.1K       ***Fv4202: 9.9K        ***STB-1: 9.8K                 ***E-50M: 9.5K                ***E-100: 9.3K           ***Obj.140: 9.3K            ***IS-4: 9.2K           ***BatChat.25t: 9.2K     ***AMX 30B: 9K       ***113: 9K             **GwE-100: 7.5K

Asmodeus tK #3 Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36726 battles
  • [-NS-]
I like.  

Gigantic Owl #4 Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22093 battles
  • [RDDT]

View PostTSFxSHINARUI 00, on 16 August 2016 - 01:39 PM, said:

Can u fix the 1s delay open on the mini-map via the back button tenk you.

This has become very annoying

An actual gameplay expert

Check out my guides on the bunker.  http://thebunker.fre...ide-compilation

Deadweight Jon #5 Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:45 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10770 battles
  • [TXG]
WG please read!
Check out my designs and logos for gamers @ Damaged Designs
Follow all the latest Clan Wars News Here
And don't forget to go and watch all the action on Twitch!

JoeDaFrogman #6 Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17911 battles

View PostxBRx xTACTICSx, on 16 August 2016 - 01:18 PM, said:

1. Game modes

This biggest thing we are missing and goes without being said is double flag assault. We have successful tournaments being hosted by much of the WoT community and they are doing they best they can with what they have.

Without double flag assault we have to compromise with standard mode and have match replays for draws. I know you are very busy with new maps and such but please if you do one thing for the clan community please double flag assault should be at the top of the list. Even if you can only manage to put 4-5 maps in the game it be greatly appreciated.

Ditto.  I asked for this about a year ago along with some other suggestions for Team Training(7 minute timer we have tanks to Pain putting it in the next release after I asked for it since it was an easy fix item).   

IIRC, the PC only has what 6 double flag assault maps?    Granted, I would love to have that also, but i would hope if they did add the 6 from PC, they would try to slowly add more over time because 6 maps is really boring after a while.       

- We need to remove the names over dead tanks, it becomes very hard to spectate when so many tanks are dead in one area.

God yes...   12 tanks in a 100 meter square while trying to drive around and in between is made harder by the names covering the actual tanks.

- We very much need an auto detection system for spectator so the viewer can see who is spotted. 

Good idea, I have never thought about this, but yea...

HP values are needed instead of percents. We can't tell if someone can kill someone with one shot with percent of HP remaining.

I am ok with how this is, but would not complain if they added it.

These are suppose to be training rooms for clans to practice. All I see in these training rooms are players running around doing races or ramming only rooms. These players are not paying silver for repairs but the clans that practice have to pay. Fair? Is this what WG intended this to be? If so then disregard. If not then this is how you fix it. Cut ammo cost by 50% in training rooms and add repair costs so it's even for both racers and clans trying to practice.

Oh GOD yes, this.    Well.. partially this.   IMHO, they should just remove the ammo cost entirely from Training Rooms or at least cut it down drastically.  I personally would be ok with consumables still costing if we had to have some type of limitations, but preferably it would be nice if that could go as well.

Other items I have suggested and would want:

• Give rid of the damned communication spam problem or AT LEAST make it a host option.   I should be able to say "Requesting fire" 20 times in 60 seconds if I want without entirely locking myself out of communications entirely because some random people don't like map ping and can't learn to ignore it. 
  • Team side swap.  Just build it in as it's a PITA to do so manually.
  • match start timer: instead of the 15 or whatever seconds, let it be a host configurable option, perhaps 15,30, 45, and 60 seconds.  This is AFTER you load in and are waiting to actually move
  • FIX THE DAMNED CHAT!    Lobby chat does not work most of the time with more than 10 or so people(later arrivals typically can't hear anything) and sometimes people who could talk previously just get muted for an entire match.  This sucks if that person is one of the callers for the match.   Mainly this affects cross platform groups of players or those limited to 360's 8 in a party limit, but it's still frustrating when it happens to you
  • Pre match start countdown timer.     Just create some default values the host can select for the room, have him start the timer, and show it to ALL players. 
  • FoW:  players can only see the tier of the tanks selected on the other team and the player names.   Specific tank and class excluded from visibility, again, this should be a host setting.   If someone violates a league rule(for example, no more than 3 autoloaders), then cry foul after the match starts(which should be done anyway).  

I am sure I have missed some others.

YouTube

Twitch.tv

Frogman's Guide to Silver in World of Tanks

Want to win more?  Learn to count!™

Shadow puppets are illogical, inflexible, and totalitarian.   Most people don't know this because the shadow puppets live in the shadows meddling in others lives usually without reason.   Even worse, they are hypocrites who allow no dissension to their tactics.

Hm8k420 #7 Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:06 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37306 battles
  • [WLNP]

This seems like an appropriate time for the dead horse .gif.

All of these suggestions are not only logical, but seem like some of them would take very little effort to install.

The full team swap button and fog of wa are needed desperatly by the people running the competative aspect of Wot.

WCT3 Top 16

WCL SEASON 1 MODERATOR

xDuFF #8 Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

Private

• Players
  • 10593 battles
Well said!

Ragged T #9 Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:28 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24582 battles
  • [LAG]
100% support to all things BR mentions above. Come on WGA!

Aschenblume #10 Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:34 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25414 battles
  • [DP]
I will send this thread along with mine directly to WG mods in some PMs Tactics good write up.

-Dreadnought-

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy

Super-Unicum - WN8 - 3200 -- Check out my tank guides for the: ConquerorLeopard 1STB-1Chieftain,

TigerCenturion Mk. 7/1Jagdtiger, and T26E4 Super Pershing

warhero988 #11 Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:43 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13856 battles
As someone who is part of the competitive community, i am in full agreement. We cant continue to break ties on Karelia Assault.(as fun as it is :trollface:) I am very much looking forward to what is in store for this side of the game. (as well as the non competitive side too)

Grimace151 #12 Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48334 battles
  • [CRPT]

Please War Gaming follow up with something like a timeline or a # on the priority list. Something more then your normal reply  i'm sure we the community would even pitch in something it to make this happen let us know  Thank you BR and JoeDaFrohman maybe coming from such respected player will carry some weight

Edited by Grimace151, 16 August 2016 - 08:46 PM.

Magna6411 #13 Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:56 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 60147 battles
Well said

SL1CKK1LLER105 #14 Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:07 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20457 battles
Very true, all of this I am tired of being bankrupt in game and grinding silver constantly

It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be  imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.

Sun Tzu (c. 544-496 BC)

llKingKurdll #15 Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:41 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 43413 battles
  • [AISH]
Agree

oGxRaaRaa #16 Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:47 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18485 battles
  • [-UNL-]

View PostHm8k420, on 16 August 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

This seems like an appropriate time for the dead horse .gif.

All of these suggestions are not only logical, but seem like some of them would take very little effort to install.

The full team swap button and fog of wa are needed desperatly by the people running the competative aspect of Wot.

a lot of people don't like the fog or war idea, because it makes things "harder" but I think it would be interesting to see a few times. Try to anticipate what's going to happen based on previous matches, like in football, you watch the other teams old games to see how they play. Same thing can be done in a fog of war.

Check me out on twitch! https://twitch/tv/RaaRaa_xD  [MAHOU] on PC (Best Team NA), 5k Recents on Xbox when i decide to play :D

3rd Marks 

Spoiler

Kellen NA #17 Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31598 battles
  • [FAME-]
How about add clan wars and screw training rooms all together?

Retired Competitive Player for [FAME-] inFamous Animals

and [TNG-] Top Notch Gaming

Twitch || 50+ Three Marks || YouTube

Joe Ukscene #18 Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:30 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22688 battles
  • [CRPT]
The costs for training rooms for Clan scrims and practice are far too high!

josh3982 #19 Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:51 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24930 battles
  • [-L7-]
Please for the love of god the cost for ammo in TRAINING rooms is absolutely rediculous you wouldn't have to reimburse us after a tournament if it didn't cost anything in the first place 

PGI Xx HunterxX #20 Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11707 battles

I'm going to start by saying I'm not going to argue about balance. I'm simply stating my opinion from someone with 30k Xbox battles. As soon as I post this I know I'm going to have some forum trolls around to put their opinions in. That being said I'm here to talk about what I think this game needs moving forward in 2017.

Clan competition. WG you promised to focus mostly on clan competition in 2016. Although we are grateful for spectator mode and everything else you have giving us, we are still missing many things.

1. Game modes

- We need to remove the names over dead tanks, it becomes very hard to spectate when so many tanks are dead in one area.

- We very much need an auto detection system for spectator so the viewer can see who is spotted.
- HP values are needed instead of percents. We can't tell if someone can kill someone with one shot with percent of HP remaining.

These are suppose to be training rooms for clans to practice. All I see in these training rooms are players running around doing races or ramming only rooms. These players are not paying silver for repairs but the clans that practice have to pay. Fair? Is this what WG intended this to be? If so then disregard. If not then this is how you fix it. Cut ammo cost by 50% in training rooms and add repair costs so it's even for both racers and clans trying to practice.

4. Balance
I'm not going to touch too much on this topic as there is much hate towards the balance of this game.
- The numbers are not accurate for this reason. All the good players play mediums, heavies and lights. These are the hardest classes in the game to play and therefore the numbers even out as all the good players are playing them. Lights and mediums mainly require much teamwork to become "good" whereas TD's and arty are solo tanks and just used to counter heavies and mediums with ease. 

Now that I have taking the time to explain all this please hear our cries!

I agree with every aspect of this except paying for repairs, if there's people racing and what not let them not like they would be useful in matchmaking xd

The Autoloader Hero

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users