• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

XTG72 #21 Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2784 battles

View PostJPollocksNo5, on 29 December 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

The game is supposed to be fun.

As much as it's advertised that way, the reality is that at most times, it's not.

It's typically only "Fun" for those who, in my opinion, dump hundreds of US $'s into the game to buy every premium vehicle, to buy YEARS worth of Gold time, to buy thousands of supply kits, to buy millions of silver. It's fun for those who sit here on this game day in and day out, play every game and never die, there teams ALWAYS dominate the opposing team effortlessly and can magically pen there target from any angle because all they do all day every day, is fire gold.

That's the end of my rant. I can go on really, but now I'm just going to sit here for backlash from the forum community. #Bait

Edited by XTG72, 04 January 2017 - 01:27 PM.

JPollocksNo5 #22 Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:23 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34495 battles
  • [UK]

I don't agree.

I have a premium account. I have most premium tanks. Premium account helps me earn silver and xp quicker. I don't use gold for anything else, other than to unlock modules when selling, so I don't waste 500k silver each time.

I'm grinding ALL lines and have about 8-9 Tier X tanks. CAX, 215b, Death Star, JE100, AMX50B, E5, Patton, Waffle, Obj 268

The rest are all at tier 9 or 8 (less for arty). I generally only play my premium once I've done all my dailies, unless I am grinding silver XP ops, then I'll use tier 8 prem.

Most, if not all premium tanks are gimped or handicapped in some way. This is much more apparent above tier 6. I agree some premium tanks around the lower tiers are 'better' but this is circumstantial as most people are either grinding or children at tiers 2-4.

If you look at most after action reports in the higher tiers, the better players aren't necessarily premium tanks but they generally are in the lower tiers  - my take on this is they are all unlocked and ready to play, so players are better, having played the tank fullly unlocked with no grind.

There are no tier 9/10 premiums.

I just don't believe people are spamming gold rounds, unless you mean silver? Surely it's up to anyone how they do that? They'd be a bit mental to do so, as it costs a fortune. 

(faced another captured KV1 in a tier 5 lobby game with 8 kills in the end, I switched to prem ammo to pen, presumably he was running pure prem as he penned me with each shot, i bounced a couple)  - I got 5 or so kills, fired a bit of 'gold' ammo and lost 40k silver with a prem account. I only have a few M silver spare, so am not going to waste it on running prem in all tanks.

Even the jagger 88 would lose money if you shot all prem.

poopysticky #23 Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:47 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 54 battles

View PostXTG72, on 04 January 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

As much as it's advertised that way, the reality is that at most times, it's not.

It's typically only "Fun" for those who, in my opinion, dump hundreds of US $'s into the game to buy every premium vehicle, to buy YEARS worth of Gold time, to buy thousands of supply kits, to buy millions of silver. It's fun for those who sit here on this game day in and day out, play every game and never die, there teams ALWAYS dominate the opposing team effortlessly and can magically pen there target from any angle because all they do all day every day, is fire gold.

That's the end of my rant. I can go on really, but now I'm just going to sit here for backlash from the forum community. #Bait

Can see you 1-marked your su152 & Stur Emil...how is the Stur Elm going for you, as most hate it?  I loved the Stur, just sucks when you get those terrible players that don't spot or die instantly leaving you all alone.

Crazy if anyone buys silver with gold... i just earn alot of silver easily playing, nice to have/get premium time 50% off, worth it as it makes the grinds not feel like grinds.   Premium rounds which only need silver(u could call gold), just part of the game.  Sometimes there needed when your 2-tiers lower facing a well armor tank you cant pin from the front with standard rounds.  You have to learn to take cover, move etc, as I learned from watching some of the best PG gifted tankers 3 marking every tank, it feels like your watching a demo as there that gud.  They also use premium rounds depending on the tank etc.

The non-fun part of the game is when you get stuck with top tier tank players that camp or die in 2 seconds, & when checking stats they own many tier X with a Wn8 of 400-500. :facepalm:

"Gliding o'er all, through all, Through Nature, Time, and Space, As a ship on the waters advancing, The voyage of the soul—not life alone, Death, many deaths I'll sing." W.W.

DANCING FLAMES #24 Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:39 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41879 battles

View Postpsmobius1, on 30 August 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

Always always always play your current tank to unlock all upgrades as those upgrades often roll into the next tank and sometimes it rolls into a tank on another grind. By playing the current tank to its max, you get the most silver and crew XP along the way. It is much easier to grind a lower tier tank for the upgrade than it is to move into the next tier up and then have to grind for the gun you could have already had. You can always tell which ones you should stick with and grind out on the lower tier just by comparing its packages to the packages in the next tank along the line, if you see match then stay in the lower tier a bit longer.

This is a very good point. I always grind out all packages. It makes it easier. Dont rush up the tiers you will be punished. Sounds like part of your problem is silver. Roll out your fav tank.. the one you do best in...grind the silver. Use a premium tank if you have one.

You should never use a free crew. A 50% untrained crew will make the tank horrible in almost all areas. You want at min a 100% crew then the tank will perform like it should untill then it sucks. So allways start with 75% and get it to 100% as soon as possible untill then just realize your at a big disadvantage. Big part of the game is grinding crew skills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users