• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Imhidingshh #21 Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:15 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16369 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostDutchCupid62, on 01 October 2016 - 05:35 AM, said:

Can you imagine a platoon of 3 of these tanks.if they are driven by at least semi cometetive players and no arty that is almost an auto win.

I'm not even going to start about a 5 man platoon of these

See I was undecided until you mentioned that. 

#BUNKER!! 

The only team in WoT is the yellow team

#BRING BACK LADY O

ubermik #22 Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23491 battles
With "premium" tanks they should be given either the top gun or the same ability to "unlock" all the modules so that you are just paying for the boosts

Otherwise, by effecitvely crippling the premium tanks compared to the standard tech tree variant they WILL perform worse in games, earn less XP and less silver so that when the multoplier is added chances are you wont do much better than you would have in the standard tank anyway and with some that have extremely paltry boosts and are much worse than the tech tree variant when fully upgraded your average is likely to be worse than it would if you had kept your money and played the standard version and your crew training would have been quicker too

Getting a 30% boost if your average XP or silver is 30% lower actually works out as less because its only 30% of "70%" not 30% of what you would have got in the fully upgraded standard one

So by crippling tanks what exactly are we giving over real world money for? Pretty much nothing at all with a lot of them that are given guns one or two tiers lower than the tank with no preferential match making and in some cases have been nerfed in several other areas too compared to the tech tree variants

So its almost pay to lose, not pay to win. WG should just be more honest about this and change the name to "sucker tanks" lol :D

Actually rereading that it was a tad unfair, I wasnt implying "all" premium tanks totally sucked. Theres some which at their tier are excellent and thoroughly worth having such as the T127, Cromwell Knight and even the Freedom amongst others

But far too many have underperforming guns which after all is pretty much the main facet of earning XP and silver so even with huge "boosts" will still struggle to even compete with the standard variants and their equivalents

So even if they were just premium versions of the standard fully upgraded tank it wouldnt give someone an "in game" advantage over people in the normal variant, but at least then the boosts would have some real value to justify handing over real world money to get them. Whereas at the moment many tanks are likely to be worse money earners and crew trainers than the standard fully upgraded versions because of how crippled wargaming have made them even with the boosts

Edited by ubermik, 01 October 2016 - 09:37 PM.

I used to think that it would be better to ONLY play against opponents that were at the same or a similar level of skill to me too

Then when I thought about it I realised that being in a match with 6 2 year olds, 12 corpses, 4 blind people, 3 people with no arms, and 4 people in comas might not be as much fun as I had initially imagined

That's why I wuv my waffle soooooooo much

Photocyte #23 Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:34 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7200 battles

View Postubermik, on 01 October 2016 - 04:19 PM, said:

With "premium" tanks they should be given either the top gun or the same ability to "unlock" all the modules so that you are just paying for the boosts

Otherwise, by effecitvely crippling the premium tanks compared to the standard tech tree variant they WILL perform worse in games, earn less XP and less silver so that when the multoplier is added chances are you wont do much better than you would have in the standard tank anyway and with some that have extremely paltry boosts and are much worse than the tech tree variant when fully upgraded your average is likely to be worse than it would if you had kept your money and played the standard version and your crew training would have been quicker too

Getting a 30% boost if your average XP or silver is 30% lower actually works out as less because its only 30% of "70%" not 30% of what you would have got in the fully upgraded standard one

So by crippling tanks what exactly are we giving over real world money for? Pretty much nothing at all with a lot of them that are given guns one or two tiers lower than the tank with no preferential match making and in some cases have been nerfed in several other areas too compared to the tech tree variants

So its almost pay to lose, not pay to win. WG should just be more honest about this and change the name to "sucker tanks" lol :D

The formula seems to work out okay for many players  running their Hammer... 

Xbox One

ubermik #24 Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23491 battles

View Postimperito, on 01 October 2016 - 09:03 PM, said:

Hmm, not the 15cm? Text description is a bit bait and switch. Still probably get it for Japanese trainer.

The blurb should probably be more along the lines of

"get this new SUPER TANK" and with the mediocre gun combined with the paltry XP and crew training boosts it comes with you too could ALMOST train your crews and ALMOST earn silver at the same rate as the standard version does and all this for only £40"

Damn, I have just realised why advertisers are rarely honest :D:D:D

I used to think that it would be better to ONLY play against opponents that were at the same or a similar level of skill to me too

Then when I thought about it I realised that being in a match with 6 2 year olds, 12 corpses, 4 blind people, 3 people with no arms, and 4 people in comas might not be as much fun as I had initially imagined

ubermik #25 Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23491 battles

View PostPhotocyte, on 01 October 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

The formula seems to work out okay for many players  running their Hammer...

Yeah I realised that the wording made it sound like I meant "all" premium tanks which I didnt, so I updated the text to make that clear

But even so, having a gun with 20% less DPM, 20% less armour, 20% acuracy or more will on average be likely to have a 20% or more detrimental impact on a game. So if you then only get a 20% boost you dont even break even

That doesnt mean you wont get the occassional "awesome" game where the bonus will "seem" to give you a huge return, but you get those in standard vehicles too, and with better armour, acuracy, penetration or DPM thats going to be more consistently likely. But I was referring to the "on average" where a tank is severely crippled compared to the standard version when fully upgraded

Marcio80 #26 Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16095 battles

No derp gun, no money.

I will try to get the Panther for free and was considering to buy the Kajiu but without the howitzer I will pass.

DutchCupid62 #27 Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11733 battles
  • [NLPZR]

View PostMarcio80, on 01 October 2016 - 10:49 PM, said:

No derp gun, no money.

I will try to get the Panther for free and was considering to buy the Kajiu but without the howitzer I will pass.

Hopefully the release version of the tech tree O-I will be the nerfed version from PC

NLPZR Dutch clan recruitment thread:

http://forum-console...-clan-xbox-one/

pingwrx #28 Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23066 battles
  • [REDIT]

View Postubermik, on 01 October 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

Actually rereading that it was a tad unfair, I wasnt implying "all" premium tanks totally sucked. Theres some which at their tier are excellent and thoroughly worth having such as the T127, Cromwell Knight and even the Freedom amongst others

But far too many have underperforming guns which after all is pretty much the main facet of earning XP and silver so even with huge "boosts" will still struggle to even compete with the standard variants and their equivalents

So even if they were just premium versions of the standard fully upgraded tank it wouldnt give someone an "in game" advantage over people in the normal variant, but at least then the boosts would have some real value to justify handing over real world money to get them. Whereas at the moment many tanks are likely to be worse money earners and crew trainers than the standard fully upgraded versions because of how crippled wargaming have made them even with the boosts

Most premium tanks are not equal to their tech tree equivalents where have you been?

ubermik #29 Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23491 battles

View Postpingwrx, on 01 October 2016 - 10:28 PM, said:

Most premium tanks are not equal to their tech tree equivalents where have you been?

Which is kind of why I said they "should" be, which post have you been reading?

If they "were" the same I would have said that they "are" the same, not that they "should" be. But to be totally honest I did kind of think that frequently stating they are nerfed, crippled and inferior to the tech tree variants couldnt have made it crystal clear as to what I was saying

Except to you obviously it seems

Edited by ubermik, 02 October 2016 - 12:07 AM.

MAvulture #30 Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:21 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15550 battles
I've been waiting for the Japanese heavies for a year now. So excited for this after sooo long without a single proper heavy tank being added

Redpilled Cynic #31 Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:34 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22093 battles
It's like a tier 6 Maus. I think those that get it are going to love it.

Destinations #32 Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:40 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 20406 battles
​The O-I says jap heavys on 6th secret stream yay

MegaB0B0 #33 Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9991 battles

the whole Japanese Heavy series' balance point is to give a reason for Arty to be useful on the field. 2nd slowest tank, worst camo rating, bad mobility etc etc are best target for arty

U will wish ur arty is good when these things are rolling on the field on the reds side

That one bounced... WTF..not at 100m and not twice in a roll and not on the side of a Walfe-100 with a BL-10!!!

Lord Skratulia #34 Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:41 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24996 battles

Block Quote

It won't be as unpennable as you think. I'm pretty sure the guns on something like a 30.01H, Chi-Nu-Kai, T67, etc will pen it, at least with apcr. A lot of tier 6s will manage too.  

This O-I is a tier VI tank..

ubermik #35 Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23491 battles

View PostLord Skratulia, on 02 October 2016 - 02:41 AM, said:

This O-I is a tier VI tank..

I've got to be honest considering the ridiculous price of the bundle I had actually assumed they would all be tier 8s lol

But even so, it will still be facing tier 8 tanks as I doubt it has preferential matchmaking as WG are trying to remove all the tanks that have that from the game (except I guess for when they can use it to bump up the price of rare premium bundles it seems lol)

So not only can "some" t6 tanks be able to pen it but so too will probably half the tier 7s and most of the tier 8s but with an underwhelming gun at tier 7 and even more so at tier 8 it will be having more of its own shots bounced than it bounces in return I suspect

Even so, for me at least its still the better choice in preparation for the expansion of the japanese tank line up that we have been waiting for seemingly for ages lol

izgoy99 #36 Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 2521 battles

View Postubermik, on 02 October 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

The intended purpose of a premium tank, from my understanding, is you benefit from increased xp and silver earning. They are also there for crew training as they are the only tanks that can move crews around from tank to tank at no penalty. With console having the benefit over PC in not having tank class restrictions too, or trying to match tanks with crew members. 

As for premium tanks being lower than tech tree counterparts this is to be expected and typically known. Despite this I find most premium tanks work fine in game, with currently the exception of the Brazilian Bulldog that I have not managed to get the gun to cooperate. But still working on it. 

Garage Tanks

ubermik #37 Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23491 battles
thats an "ok" trade off if you are paying £5 for a premium vehicle, but when its 30, 50 or 100 its a different matter entirely to find that the gun barely penetrates anything meaning you do little damage, earn little silver and little crew XP as a result. Because unless the multipliers were like 500% the crews would train more quickly in their existing tanks that had the ability to penetrate or had good enough armour to not be penetrated

I understand the "concept" of the premium tanks, but my point is that with noticeably worse guns, in several cases 2 tiers lower than the tank which then doesnt even have preferential matchmaking meaning you have a gun 4 tiers lower than the tanks you are fighting the boosts become almost worthless especially when many are only in the range of 10 or 15% anyway

Even a minimum of a 50% silver boost and 25% xp/crew xp boost would be more reasonable and a good start, so too would be buffing premiums so they keep pace with the introduction of new tanks and the buffing of standard tech tree tanks, in fact as they are paid for with real money premiums should be being buffed before the free tech tree tanks if anything

Also tagged with 105mm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users