Why i might quit playing.

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

veetwin2 #81 Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11789 battles

View PostAngelsDavid, on 21 March 2017 - 12:33 AM, said:

I am out, finally!  WarGaming should learn that they are only pissing people off.  My wife Angel, discovered about 2 weeks before I did that it's a money grab and a waste of time. My deciding factor was when I worked my way up to a T29, supposedly a coveted tank, only to find out it was another tin can piece of junk.  What? It is not some will say.  Well, in my eyes it is.  It only saw tier 9 battles, got tracked every hit, set on fire, circled and destroyed, was the focal point of the other team, the main goal of arty, easily obliterated in a couple of shots, slow, cumbersome and a pea shooter.  When I continued to go out with the T29, and the KV3 and continuously get one and two shotted except for the rare times when the game software saw fit to give me a fair chance in a tier 8 game.  I never did see a game in their own tiers where they stood a chance.  This morning after getting inhialated time after time within the first couple of minutes in these supposed stronger tanks, I sat down and had a coffee, away from the screen, and I woke up enough to shrug a should and uninstall this ridiculous format for business posing as a "game", and feeling much better already.  

I did some research to see how many others smartly walked away and what they had to say about their experiences.  There are a whole bunch out there who agree with you nolifeF1, you are far from alone.  Here is just one of hundreds of articles you can find out there...

http://www.deathrace...world-of-tanks/

Once in a while I may look up WoT on the net to see if they have straightened up their act any, but to be honest they would have to offer a fair platform before I would return, and that would mean no more software manipulation trying to compel people to feel like they need to buy premium tanks or premium accounts, or gold or equipment or all of their other little micromanaging ways to make money.  It would mean offering a fair fight with tanks in their own tiers.  It would mean allowing the tanks to just be what they are, with the player's skills being what they are, without manipulation.  If i ever happen to hear about such a change, then I will be back to have some fun  :)   But for now, I will turn my attention to the latest Ghost Recon, Mass Effect and Tomb Raider, which won't get me mad in the least  :)

You are delusional if you think any game is not a business. The game is doing exactly what it is supposed too. Make money for the company, and provide entertainment for the user. I also had a long time away from the game and felt much better for it. If it makes you mad, stay away. I know I will have to leave again soon myself, but that is another story. Ghost recon looks interesting. I used fallout 4 when I had my holiday. Regards 

AngelsDavid #82 Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:01 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3233 battles
  • [7CAV1]
ohhhh i loved fallout 4!  Went all through it several times then just kept playing to kill super mutants!   Am thinking on if I want to get Mass Effect or not though

For the record, I am AngelasHavoc. I am AngelsDavid's wife.  We share an xbox account so I am unable to log into the forums as myself.  So in order to ask some of my questions here, I have to sign into forums using his account.

PanchoVia70 #83 Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:38 AM

First lieutenant

• Supertester
  • 21909 battles
  • [IRN]

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 09 October 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

It is what it is. When it gets bad, I take a break.

this!

veetwin2 #84 Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:19 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11789 battles

The strange thing coming back this time is i do not like being top tier. That makes me feel as though i have to try to lead the way to victory. As i am grinding medium tanks i prefer to be lower tier and flank around etc.

When i am top tier, sometimes you can see the team waiting for some direction. At those times i can sometimes start the push and then they follow. If you are with really good players on your team, it all starts happening and it is really rewarding to be part of it.

Tanks that i thought were crap, sometimes aren't when you go back to them. The T29 was good but i never play it now.

AngryD567 #85 Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:55 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11005 battles
Seriously, these problems only come up if you have rushed up the Tiers too quickly. Go back to Tier 3 and learn the basics.

MMCorreia #86 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7331 battles
  • [KLT]

View PostAngelsDavid, on 21 March 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

First of all, I think you did the right thing in giving the game another chance.

Now that we got that out of the way, what you're experiencing isn't anything new, a lot of players go trough that very stage, because the game does a poor job of explaining the core mechanics to new players. What happened to them is exactly what happened to you, a players rushes up the tiers to get to the GOOD tanks, without really learning the game's rules, and when you get there you're getting your [edited]kicked and think it's a problem with the game, not yourself. Admitting that you're part of the problem is the first step to getting better, it happened to me as well. Also, regarding stats, they are not the objective, most players (at least the intelligent ones) don't play for stats, they use the stats as a tool, to gauge how your playing and see your improvement rate, that is what you should be doing.

If you're playing for fun, and don't want to take the game too seriously, I would suggest lower tiers, like 1,2 or 3, since they are more user friendly with that type of gameplay.

If you want to play higher tiers and have an enjoyable time, I would suggest that you stick to tier 4 and 5 until you win a "fire for effect" ribbon (you have cause more damage to enemies than the hit points of your tank) in most of your games. Train crews to 100% and get 6th sense as the first skill, trained crews start to really become important from tier 6 and up. Learn map locations for your tank class: http://forum-console..._fromsearch__1  . Check good streamers for console, like bearded guys, sinz, swindle, turkey tank, etc, they have a lot of useful tips and you'll learn to to play better by watching better players play. 99% of tanks have a grind before you unlock the best guns and turrets/engines/etc, so don't judge a tank on it's base packages, remember that until you unlock a good gun on a tank, you'll be at an disadvantage. Remember that not all tanks should sidescrape, not all tanks should go hull down and use it's turret, and that not every tank plays by it's class (a tiger 1 is a heavy tank, but it doesn't play like a regular heavy tank, it's more of a support heavy, so it shouldn't go the the front line). Know your opponents, this is very important so you're not one shotted or put yourself in a hopeless spot (you're in your tier 5 heavy and you spot a KV2...you are going to be one shotted if he hits you, so be carefull...). Always travel the map in a group, don't go off attacking a flank alone, you'll be ganged up by the reds.

A great way to improve, if you don't mind critique, is to record your games with the Xbox DVR app. You can check you personal page in this website (example: http://xboxdvr.com/g...MCorreia/videos)  and post the link here, so other players can tell you what you did wrong and where to improve. But you have to be willing to accept critique, not everybody likes to have their errors put in a spotlight.

Regarding the Matchmaker putting you in -2 tiers down, it happens to everybody, but it also implies that your playstyle will have to change to accommodate this. It's far from impossible, it's just normal WOT, it just means you have to start supporting your top tier team-mates, with spotting, tracking, attacking distracted reds from the side, etc. Just look at this topic and see how other people are doing when bottom tier: http://forum-console.../page__st__1740

There is a lot of info in this forum and a lot of players willing to help, but you have to leave the conspiracy theories at the door, RNG exists, but it exists for the 30 guys that are playing the game, not just yourself. The bottom line is that you are the one that will define your win rate, not the game, it just takes some hard work.

nolifeF1 #87 Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6488 battles

View PostAngelsDavid, on 22 March 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

ohhhh i loved fallout 4!  Went all through it several times then just kept playing to kill super mutants!   Am thinking on if I want to get Mass Effect or not though

If you liked the original trilogy and you like the universe, id say get it. The universe and lore is pretty deep if your in to stuff like that. It didnt do that well on review sites. 

There are scores anywhere from 5 to 9. Some people love it some people hate it seems. I always knew it wasnt goin to be critically acclaimed. It has Too big shoes to fill, literally the games biggest problem is its not as good as the original trilogy at the moment. It never could be. And its buggy, animations are wonky here and there it seems. Im sure these get patched to a some degree.

Id say if you are new to the series, maybe wait for sale. If you know you have patience, theres some techical issues, story starts slow. If you really like scifi and can overlook mthose issues maybe get it then. The story seems great and mysterious! I promise you,if the mass effect universe just happens to click for you, youre never lookin back, and you are goin to get the original trilogy aswell :D

AngelsDavid #88 Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3233 battles
  • [7CAV1]

View PostMMCorreia, on 22 March 2017 - 05:03 AM, said:

First of all, I think you did the right thing in giving the game another chance.

All that you have said in your post... I totally agree!  I have said it all along, from the first post I made on this forum, and I do not mean this thread.  In the beginning someone told me here on the forums that they still considered themselves to be a noob with much to learn and they had like 30 thousand battles in.  So, yaaah, I know this.

My problem is this...

WG does not seem to really be too considerate of people trying to learn, by having their software do the things that it does.  As I have said before in this thread.... I learn a new tactic or two, I go out to put it into practice on the battlefield, and I used side scraping as a example.  I actually do it, but that is only if I can even make it to a place where it can be used.  Pass that check... get to that place... actually do it.... but then, spotted once by something i cannot even see, and get blown away in one shot.  So then I ask myself, ok, what did i do wrong there?  Did I even do anything wrong?  Was it the software?  Was it me? If it was me, what went wrong? How can I know? How can i even identify what I may be doing wrong if perhaps I am missing some key, essential bit of knowledge from the foundation, or from the beginning?  If I am seeing something in my minds view as the way it seems right, yet it is wrong, how can I know that it is wrong? Then again, what if it is the RNG and not me?  I understand from the experts and those who have researched it, the better you are playing and the more matches you are doing quite well in, the more this RNG will work against you.  And I have seen some crazy things happen that should not happen. 

Ok, so i have decided to do what most of you are doing about the whole RNG thing, and that is to just yawn and move on to the next match.  But why look at my stats to see if i am improving when I don't know if i had a good game or a bad game because of this RNG stuff?  How can i know if i did something stupid or maybe i didnt but got one shotted by something a tier lower than myself ... was it cuz my tank is crap? or was it because I had a certain part exposed and he hit a soft spot? Or was it because, come hell or high water, RNG said that that guy was gonna get a one shot on me and that is all there is to that?  So how do you evaluate your performance when you have things going on that should not be?

Other than that, yes, I have considered recording some games and putting them up there to see if someone would evaluate them for me.  If a finger could be put on some essential thing i am missing, like someone could say... oh, geezeumm... this is what you are doing wrong dude... then i may be able to have that.... ahhhhh, i see!  moment... whereby my whole game changes because something was pointed out to me that I had essentially been wrong about the whole time but never realize it.   But, again, i do use terrain as cover, I do duck in and out of cover, pop out, take a shot, i do side scrape when i can, and when i had the t29 i always went hull down where i could. I have seen that fire for effect ribbon pop up, along with many others that seemed meaningful, and I think i even saw a top gun one once.  My survival rate is pooer than it could be because I do tend to be quite aggressive.  When the heavy tanks are all sitting there at a corner or a bend and everyone is afraid to pop out cuz the enemy is all over there on the other side of that corner or bend, I will always sigh and go on out there and at least light em up on radar and maybe get a shot in, yes i know i will die, but i broke a stale mate.  Now my other heavies know where the enemy heavies are, and yah, i did considerable damage to one of them and that stalemate was broken. That is just my style, i have many times sacrificed my tank to help someone else out, many times getting in the line of fire to block a team mate who has been tracked because he is more important than me, he is tier 8 or 9 and I was only a 7, so... yah, block fire for him. 

So, i know a wee bit more than people want to give me credit for, and yeah, i still have much to learn, but really do need some help identifying exactly what i may essentially be doing wrong... deep breath.... exhale.. after all of that long windedness  :teethhappy:

View PostnolifeF1, on 22 March 2017 - 05:51 AM, said:

If you liked the original trilogy and you like the universe, id say get it.

I am really leaning toward getting it, it seems awesome all around from the reviews, the trailers, etc...

For the record, I am AngelasHavoc. I am AngelsDavid's wife.  We share an xbox account so I am unable to log into the forums as myself.  So in order to ask some of my questions here, I have to sign into forums using his account.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users