• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

TrickyJaguar6 #41 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4555 battles
  • [AMUCK]

View PostNavyman8390, on 09 October 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

LoL. He has a really good bottom tier battle against tier X top tiers and complains that RNG scraped the icing from his cake so to speak.

You can go somewhere with that, buddy.  Until you've bounced three consecutive 90mm rounds off the SIDE of a Hellcat while running an SP you aint seen bad RNG.

Or bounce 3 shots in a row off the back of a tiger 1....i turned the game off after that one

AngelsDavid #42 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6157 battles

Block Quote

Or bounce 3 shots in a row off the back of a tiger 1....i turned the game off after that one

See?  This is all i am saying.  I have turned it off many times cuz of stupid crap like that, but this time I got mad enough to just delete it and wash my hands of it. 

For the record, I am AngelasHavoc. I am AngelsDavid's wife.  We share an xbox account so I am unable to log into the forums as myself.  So in order to ask some of my questions here, I have to sign into forums using his account.

FFG S35VN #43 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5448 battles

This is a common theme I see all the time. A seed is planted that the folks at WG are secretly pulling the strings behind the scenes to affect the outcome of games. That and there are bots, hackers, cheats, code-breakers and a whole list of tin-foil hat conspiracies.

I head these two red necks talking on an open mic after a death star or waffle blew them to bits in one of the urban maps. They were discussion how WG is actively changing the dynamics of the game on a weekly basis, so that you can't get above a certain win rate. The new win rate ceiling according to Cletus and Ricky was set at 48% for the last week. And after this week the rate will change again. They claim that WG does this to keep the noobs chasing the new premium tanks they put out with their wallet. But these hardcore tankers are getting F'ed by the system they say. Can't pen this, was one-shotted by that they say. 

In all seriousness, it was quite amusing to hear them focus on all these things that might be affecting their game-play. Except they didn't look at the one facet of their game-play that is the single biggest contributor to their poor performance and/or stats... Even a baked-potato like myself knows that answer.

SpartanFire71 #44 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19371 battles

View PostAngelsDavid, on 20 March 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

In all honesty, Angel didn't quit. She just isn't an avid game player, she said she probably would still play once in awhile, I was the hot head who deleted it.  The T29 was shooting peas, boiled soft peas at that, and even when hulled down, nothing mattered, it just gets shattered out there against tier 9s.  I sold that danged thing to work on other lines.  But when the KV3 went out with the big gun and was also shooting peas, and when it was also getting one shotted or two shotted by tier 9s, over and over again, I just said enough is enough.  It would be different if I could have played inside of my own tier or even +1 more than once in a blue moon, but match after match of tier 9s, where a tier 7 really doesn't belong (in my opinion because some on here will pick that statement apart) ... I just deleted it, to which Angel replied with a soft pout and told me there was a nice fresh pot of coffee made in kitchen  :)

I still get very frustrated with RNG.  I am pretty effective with the Scorpion, but had a stint where RNG wouldn't let me hit early game.  I ended up doing pretty good by end.  One of the shots did no damage to the broad side of a T29.  If you come back, try different play styles.  I ended up liking the scout and glass cannon style.  I never felt effective in a heavy.

I spam scout tanks with the desire of balancing the bully tanks.

Purple on the horizon, then.....the world is mine with Stewie packing his ray gun.  

AngelsDavid #45 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:11 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6157 battles

Block Quote

In all seriousness, it was quite amusing to hear them focus on all these things that might be affecting their game-play

I completely agree.  I did always take a hard look at my game play. I tried to work at improving, albeit it was quite hard to improve when i was always against +2 tiers, how does one improve or learn tactics when you step out onto the battlefield and get blown to smithereens immediately?  What you learn from that is how to hide somewhere in a remote area and you don't get seen.  No, my anger stemmed from having to fight against two tiers higher all the time.  Anyone has enough sense to know that a featherweight boxer doesn't get in the ring with a heavyweight. 

For the record, I am AngelasHavoc. I am AngelsDavid's wife.  We share an xbox account so I am unable to log into the forums as myself.  So in order to ask some of my questions here, I have to sign into forums using his account.

Sovietdeath #46 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:15 PM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13774 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostAngelsDavid, on 20 March 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

In all honesty, Angel didn't quit. She just isn't an avid game player, she said she probably would still play once in awhile, I was the hot head who deleted it.  The T29 was shooting peas, boiled soft peas at that, and even when hulled down, nothing mattered, it just gets shattered out there against tier 9s.  I sold that danged thing to work on other lines.  But when the KV3 went out with the big gun and was also shooting peas, and when it was also getting one shotted or two shotted by tier 9s, over and over again, I just said enough is enough.  It would be different if I could have played inside of my own tier or even +1 more than once in a blue moon, but match after match of tier 9s, where a tier 7 really doesn't belong (in my opinion because some on here will pick that statement apart) ... I just deleted it, to which Angel replied with a soft pout and told me there was a nice fresh pot of coffee made in kitchen  :)

Honestly the T-29 has a Turret that is competitive vs most 7's and 8's without trying, but with Tier 9's you have to learn to wiggle between shots since most will pen your commander's hatch regularly, and hull always.

You have basically the Same Turret on the T34 at tier 8 (thought that's a premium) and the T30 at tier 9.

Its all about the subtleties at these tiers, you really need to know the mechanics by this point, if you don't it will get quite frustrating, even worse with the Weekend Warrior teams.

Take your time and forgive your teams, if you let it get to you, you will do worse.

royster1889 #47 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19203 battles
What I'm trying to understand here is, people that hate the game so much they delete it to never play again but still feel the need to come here and complain about a problem that doesn't exist

BoereJack #48 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17160 battles
  • [DUTCH]

View Postroyster1889, on 20 March 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

What I'm trying to understand here is, people that hate the game so much they delete it to never play again but still feel the need to come here and complain about a problem that doesn't exist

hehe indeed..also he is sharing his gt with his wife, or so it seems, so that would mean if you both played 50% you don't even played 2k games......

My Youtube Channel Filled With WOT PS4 Gameplay: https://www.youtube....FnoS605ne-GYwiA --->Twitchchannel Search for: Boerejack15 

My current projects for first Moe's:

Premiums --->Patton Kr,  Ripper, Ram II, Hydrostat, Pz V/IV, Champion, Mutz, Hidden, Skorpian, M4A1 Rev, Sentinel AC IV, British Bulldog, Chi-Nu Kai, Kaiju

Tier X's ---> T110E4, Grille15, T-62A, IS-4, AMX 30B

AngelsDavid #49 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6157 battles

Block Quote

I don't hate the game at all.  I have truly enjoyed WoT.  It became what i did on my off time and I have looked forward to it.  What has my feathers ruffled is being thrown in the ring with a heavyweight when I am only a featherweight.  I fought and struggled my way up to tier 7 tanks, only to find that they are no different than a tier 4 when you have to go against 6s.  I got tired of bouncing rounds that should have penetrated, and I got tired of getting one or two shotted out there as soon as I stepped out into the match.  I wasn't complaining, I merely replied and expressed my opinion to the one who originally posted this thread.

Block Quote

also he is sharing his gt with his wife

Yes this is true.  Angel actually started her own account and has her own tanks, but she was always on my account playing mine because she likes my tanks more than the ones she chose.

royster1889 #50 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19203 battles
Ok here's my tip for a really enjoyable experience if your not one of the best players out there. I stick by this myself except when I toon up.
I dont play anything higher than tier 7. And if I'm in a tier 9 game I dont go anywhere near the front unless its scouting. You can check my numbers out if you wish but I rarely play over tier 7 and find it to be a most enjoyable experience.

pingwrx #51 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:00 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15913 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostAngelsDavid, on 20 March 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

I don't hate the game at all.  I have truly enjoyed WoT.  It became what i did on my off time and I have looked forward to it.  What has my feathers ruffled is being thrown in the ring with a heavyweight when I am only a featherweight.  I fought and struggled my way up to tier 7 tanks, only to find that they are no different than a tier 4 when you have to go against 6s.  I got tired of bouncing rounds that should have penetrated, and I got tired of getting one or two shotted out there as soon as I stepped out into the match.  I wasn't complaining, I merely replied and expressed my opinion to the one who originally posted this thread.

Yes this is true.  Angel actually started her own account and has her own tanks, but she was always on my account playing mine because she likes my tanks more than the ones she chose.

Hey why don't you platoon up with someone from the forums here maybe they could help you out with some tips or game mechanics.

AngelsDavid #52 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:01 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6157 battles

Block Quote

And if I'm in a tier 9 game I dont go anywhere near the front unless its scouting

I have never stayed away from the action. I always go along with the rest to the action because ... well, because WG filled up one of the heavy slots with my little tier 7 and I account for one of the heavies on the team, so I always just assumed that I was expected to get out there and at least take a pop shot here and there if I manged to get one.   I would always just turn on the mic and tell the team, well, WG put a featherweight in here with you guys so, I will try to spot or hell, just use my smoldering tank as cover if you need it. 

royster1889 #53 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19203 battles
Always tracking shots and such dude. Whilst you might not think your doing much you can achieve a great deal. As long as your doing something you don't/shouldn't be frontline if your bottom tier whatever your in. I've almost exclusively played tier 7 for the Last few days and had much fun.

PvtSnowballX #54 Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9902 battles
  • [NVDRS]
After this weekend I can see your point.  I pulled your stats and you had a WN7 pretty much like I did all weekend, all bad.  Friday and Saturday was the worst WN7 I have ever seen in game.   The doom platoons were one after the other both days were 600-650 WN7 mostly T7-9 for me which pretty much means your teams were cannon fodder.  When I was grinding T5-7 I'd play a bit on Europe which is more slow and campy gameplay but teaches good mechanics and situational awareness.  Looks like your skillset is better with M6 and KV1 but you tend to drive mediums and heavies.  You had decent stats at low tier arty and lights.  Maybe get a few of those to break up the monotony, may improve your enjoyment in game.

UTU2TM #55 Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 38111 battles
  • [BEARD]

View PostAngelsDavid, on 20 March 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

I am out, finally!  WarGaming should learn that they are only pissing people off.  My wife Angel, discovered about 2 weeks before I did that it's a money grab and a waste of time. My deciding factor was when I worked my way up to a T29, supposedly a coveted tank, only to find out it was another tin can piece of junk. 

Right.there.with.you.

When I began grinding a couple years ago, I thought the T1 Heavy would be the answer to all my problems in the game. Then I started seeing T29's in battle, there was nothing I could do to kill them. So then I thought, the T29 would be the answer to all my problems in the game. Then I started getting thrashed by M103's and couldn't scratch T28 Proto's...

I was grinding other lines, and I got the M103 and I got the T28 Proto, and I would get my a$$ handed to me, when I used them. There is no ultimate tank for me.

But there in lies the rub. You learn those other tanks, make snap decisions, "can my stock gun hurt that opfor tank?" If it can't, you find a better target, or you find a way to crack that nut.

For a game to be entertaining, you have to enjoy it. It shouldn't provide more frustration than joy. You have made a decision that the game is more frustrating than not, so you are walking away. Solid decision. The game is not for you.

Hope you find a hundred more games that provide you more entertainment than frustration.

one last note, it was that moment with the T29, when I discovered, that it too can be killed, that I realized that maybe I should research ways to improve, look at weakspots, see what others were doing, and I followed a few streamers. << it's the last part right here that is the lynchpin.

It was watching the streamers that showed me what made the game fun for them. I followed Soviet Death on twitch and he and his platoon were about having fun. Get killed, let out a yell of "mistakes were made!" And they would move on with a laugh. Or The Beard Guys, again you had guys playing the game, but always wanting the game to be fun. That was my problem, I thought there was only one way to have fun, and that was killing without being killed, but that was wrong of me. I get killed, I send my killer a "GG!" and move on to the next match..

What's fun for me? I am currently grinding 9-11 lines. Tired of grinding tank lines, I'll grind silver. Tired of grabbing silver, maybe I'll do a few arty missions.

There are ways to enjoy this game, maybe you can return one day and discover the way to have fun with it.

It is difficult to swim in hydrochloric acid with your legs chopped off.
-Russian General Alexander Lebed

AngelsDavid #56 Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:53 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6157 battles

ok, UTU2 gets it, he gets exactly what I have been saying from one of my first posts here on the forums.  I found WoT on the xbox for free, and thought it looked pretty fun.  Fun being the key word for me.  Because I am actually pretty laid back and a laughy type person, I have a lot of fun with friends and we laugh and have fun with everything, sort of like the practical jokers, always having fun, and this is why I started playing WoT.   I do not play for stats or notoriety, it has been purely for enjoyment.  So yes, when you have to go out there playing 2 tiers above your league and you step out there a few feet onto the battlefield and you just get pummeled, and not only once, but consistently, time after time, except for an occasional fair match, it is truly vexing and more frustrating than fun, yes UTU, you get it.

As for PvtSnowball - You seem to also get it.  I have never even seeeen my stats.  Under my icon it says 3109 battles, that is between me, my wife, neighbors and friends and so forth, but in all of those battles, I have never once looked at my "stats".  I don't know what they are and probably wouldn't even know what I was looking at if I were to see some graph or table of them.

And what many who have been reading this thread want to hear me say, is that, it is not all WG that some of it, if not a lot of it, is me.  Ok, yes, a lot of it is probably me.  I am still a noob.  I still don't know the maps well, I don't know the sweet spots, and probably don't know some of the intricate things that would help me to improve.  But I am a very aggressive player.  I will run out there with a medium to spot ahead for the heavies if the lights have been killed.  I will charge up to a mountain top and take a downward look over a battlefield to see what the enemy is doing and then race around behind them, yes i get myself killed but I take some of them with me.  A few days ago I circled around one of those heavy O-l thinggies just like the lights do, in my T14, and I took him out.  The point is, I am very aggressive and that probably makes my stats look bad, even if I am really not doing that bad, but again, I play for fun and fun only. When it becomes a burden and causes me negative feelings like anger, well, I don't mix well with anger, so, I finally just said enough is enough.

If WG would ease up some, I could even live with playing 1 tier higher, but what I have been experiencing the last several days has been ridiculous.  Some want to chastise me for saying so, but I have seen many gamers right here on this forum and even more on the pc forums, with the very same complaints.  People don't like that B.S.

pingwrx #57 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15913 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostAngelsDavid, on 20 March 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

ok, UTU2 gets it, he gets exactly what I have been saying from one of my first posts here on the forums.  I found WoT on the xbox for free, and thought it looked pretty fun.  Fun being the key word for me.  Because I am actually pretty laid back and a laughy type person, I have a lot of fun with friends and we laugh and have fun with everything, sort of like the practical jokers, always having fun, and this is why I started playing WoT.   I do not play for stats or notoriety, it has been purely for enjoyment.  So yes, when you have to go out there playing 2 tiers above your league and you step out there a few feet onto the battlefield and you just get pummeled, and not only once, but consistently, time after time, except for an occasional fair match, it is truly vexing and more frustrating than fun, yes UTU, you get it.

As for PvtSnowball - You seem to also get it.  I have never even seeeen my stats.  Under my icon it says 3109 battles, that is between me, my wife, neighbors and friends and so forth, but in all of those battles, I have never once looked at my "stats".  I don't know what they are and probably wouldn't even know what I was looking at if I were to see some graph or table of them.

And what many who have been reading this thread want to hear me say, is that, it is not all WG that some of it, if not a lot of it, is me.  Ok, yes, a lot of it is probably me.  I am still a noob.  I still don't know the maps well, I don't know the sweet spots, and probably don't know some of the intricate things that would help me to improve.  But I am a very aggressive player.  I will run out there with a medium to spot ahead for the heavies if the lights have been killed.  I will charge up to a mountain top and take a downward look over a battlefield to see what the enemy is doing and then race around behind them, yes i get myself killed but I take some of them with me.  A few days ago I circled around one of those heavy O-l thinggies just like the lights do, in my T14, and I took him out.  The point is, I am very aggressive and that probably makes my stats look bad, even if I am really not doing that bad, but again, I play for fun and fun only. When it becomes a burden and causes me negative feelings like anger, well, I don't mix well with anger, so, I finally just said enough is enough.

If WG would ease up some, I could even live with playing 1 tier higher, but what I have been experiencing the last several days has been ridiculous.  Some want to chastise me for saying so, but I have seen many gamers right here on this forum and even more on the pc forums, with the very same complaints.  People don't like that B.S.

Well said when the game stops being fun time to step away.

Rarefication #58 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14789 battles
One doesn't delete a game they truly like or enjoy. That doesn't make sense. Regardless, at the end of the day this is just a silly arcade game. As a result, people need not to take this game so seriously and allow their emotions to get the best of them.

AngelsDavid #59 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6157 battles

View PostRarefication, on 20 March 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

One doesn't delete a game they truly like or enjoy. That doesn't make sense. Regardless, at the end of the day this is just a silly arcade game. As a result, people need not to take this game so seriously and allow their emotions to get the best of them.

I deleted it when it became not fun.  Tiers 1 through 5 were pretty fun, yeah, I got killed as much as anyone else but I also had enough survives and wins that it remained fun.  Then when I got into tiers 6 and then 7, I noticed a real difference.  It seemed like the better i was performing, the more I was getting my %$$ handed to me.  Some days were better, but too many were ridiculous.

But you are right, perhaps I took it a bit too seriously by buying a premium account and some gold.  Maybe in the back of my mind I somehow thought, well, if i am a paying customer of WG, then maybe I will get better match making, or less programming interference, as a gratuity to a paying customer.  Maybe it was at that point that things started to go sour for me. 

XERXEZS #60 Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:20 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17256 battles

Think of it like this RNG helped you one shot a tank that other day, rng let you set them on fire, rng got shots from the enemy to bounce off weird places off your tank, rng has saved your tin can from being destroyed several times now.

RNG goes both ways, you're just looking at all the negatives but you don't want to point out the opposite reactions that go in your favor.Dl :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users