Why i might quit playing.

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Rarefication #61 Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:55 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14817 battles

View PostAngelsDavid, on 20 March 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

I deleted it when it became not fun.  Tiers 1 through 5 were pretty fun, yeah, I got killed as much as anyone else but I also had enough survives and wins that it remained fun.  Then when I got into tiers 6 and then 7, I noticed a real difference.  It seemed like the better i was performing, the more I was getting my %$$ handed to me.  Some days were better, but too many were ridiculous.

But you are right, perhaps I took it a bit too seriously by buying a premium account and some gold.  Maybe in the back of my mind I somehow thought, well, if i am a paying customer of WG, then maybe I will get better match making, or less programming interference, as a gratuity to a paying customer.  Maybe it was at that point that things started to go sour for me. 

Great thing is, you can download the game again at your leisure and all your stuff will be just as you left it in your garage. 

Panzerwerfer42 #62 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:19 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11356 battles

View PostAngelsDavid, on 20 March 2017 - 10:15 PM, said:

I deleted it when it became not fun.  Tiers 1 through 5 were pretty fun, yeah, I got killed as much as anyone else but I also had enough survives and wins that it remained fun.  Then when I got into tiers 6 and then 7, I noticed a real difference.  It seemed like the better i was performing, the more I was getting my %$$ handed to me.  Some days were better, but too many were ridiculous.

But you are right, perhaps I took it a bit too seriously by buying a premium account and some gold.  Maybe in the back of my mind I somehow thought, well, if i am a paying customer of WG, then maybe I will get better match making, or less programming interference, as a gratuity to a paying customer.  Maybe it was at that point that things started to go sour for me. 

I didn't start getting noticeably better until 3-4K battles.  I still have lots of bad battles.  I'm grinding the T29 now, I bought the first upgrade not long ago.  The 76mm on it was aweful, and I like hunting them in my tiger 1. 

In the end there is so much in this game, you shouldn't get mad.  Play just a few battles in your grinds, get the x2 daily and go back to lower tiers.  Hone your skills and build up your crews there. 

Lastly, the MM does the best it can with a small player pool.  It is built to get you into battles faster.  The best MM during busy times.  During off times, my tier 3s often saw tier 5s.  Until WG has a much bigger player pool, MM will always suck.

Oh, and get premium if you are willing to put in any money, the bonus will get you to the top packages faster.

pr0fit0fcanabis #63 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 31058 battles

View PostAngelsDavid, on 20 March 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

I am out, finally!  WarGaming should learn that they are only pissing people off.  My wife Angel, discovered about 2 weeks before I did that it's a money grab and a waste of time. My deciding factor was when I worked my way up to a T29, supposedly a coveted tank, only to find out it was another tin can piece of junk.  What? It is not some will say.  Well, in my eyes it is.  It only saw tier 9 battles, got tracked every hit, set on fire, circled and destroyed, was the focal point of the other team, the main goal of arty, easily obliterated in a couple of shots, slow, cumbersome and a pea shooter.  When I continued to go out with the T29, and the KV3 and continuously get one and two shotted except for the rare times when the game software saw fit to give me a fair chance in a tier 8 game.  I never did see a game in their own tiers where they stood a chance.  This morning after getting inhialated time after time within the first couple of minutes in these supposed stronger tanks, I sat down and had a coffee, away from the screen, and I woke up enough to shrug a should and uninstall this ridiculous format for business posing as a "game", and feeling much better already.  

I did some research to see how many others smartly walked away and what they had to say about their experiences.  There are a whole bunch out there who agree with you nolifeF1, you are far from alone.  Here is just one of hundreds of articles you can find out there...

http://www.deathrace...world-of-tanks/

Once in a while I may look up WoT on the net to see if they have straightened up their act any, but to be honest they would have to offer a fair platform before I would return, and that would mean no more software manipulation trying to compel people to feel like they need to buy premium tanks or premium accounts, or gold or equipment or all of their other little micromanaging ways to make money.  It would mean offering a fair fight with tanks in their own tiers.  It would mean allowing the tanks to just be what they are, with the player's skills being what they are, without manipulation.  If i ever happen to hear about such a change, then I will be back to have some fun  :)   But for now, I will turn my attention to the latest Ghost Recon, Mass Effect and Tomb Raider, which won't get me mad in the least  :)

First time i have ever seen a new I quit thread piggyback/highjack a necro quit thread.  

Spexinator25 #64 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:05 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 60471 battles
  • [KRZ8]
RNG= Renowned Noob Gathering..

huricanechuck #65 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:43 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23322 battles

View PostAngelsDavid, on 20 March 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

I am out, finally!  WarGaming should learn that they are only pissing people off.  My wife Angel, discovered about 2 weeks before I did that it's a money grab and a waste of time. My deciding factor was when I worked my way up to a T29, supposedly a coveted tank, only to find out it was another tin can piece of junk.  What? It is not some will say.  Well, in my eyes it is.  It only saw tier 9 battles, got tracked every hit, set on fire, circled and destroyed, was the focal point of the other team, the main goal of arty, easily obliterated in a couple of shots, slow, cumbersome and a pea shooter.  When I continued to go out with the T29, and the KV3 and continuously get one and two shotted except for the rare times when the game software saw fit to give me a fair chance in a tier 8 game.  I never did see a game in their own tiers where they stood a chance.  This morning after getting inhialated time after time within the first couple of minutes in these supposed stronger tanks, I sat down and had a coffee, away from the screen, and I woke up enough to shrug a should and uninstall this ridiculous format for business posing as a "game", and feeling much better already.

I did some research to see how many others smartly walked away and what they had to say about their experiences.  There are a whole bunch out there who agree with you nolifeF1, you are far from alone.  Here is just one of hundreds of articles you can find out there...

http://www.deathrace...world-of-tanks/

Once in a while I may look up WoT on the net to see if they have straightened up their act any, but to be honest they would have to offer a fair platform before I would return, and that would mean no more software manipulation trying to compel people to feel like they need to buy premium tanks or premium accounts, or gold or equipment or all of their other little micromanaging ways to make money.  It would mean offering a fair fight with tanks in their own tiers.  It would mean allowing the tanks to just be what they are, with the player's skills being what they are, without manipulation.  If i ever happen to hear about such a change, then I will be back to have some fun  :)   But for now, I will turn my attention to the latest Ghost Recon, Mass Effect and Tomb Raider, which won't get me mad in the least  :)

cheers!!!! same reason I left and am now playing battlefield 1 ,I do check in from time to time also just to see if there have been any meaningful changes,so far none ,and occasionally i'll play around on proving grounds,can't enjoy lower tiers because constant higher tier matches ,can't enjoy tier 10s because of ridiculous overpowered arties and TDs. at least on battlefield1 if I run into a higher rank I know my bullets won't "bounce off".if he beats it's simply because he is better ,more experienced,or outsmarted me but any given game I can do the same to him/her.

MoldyDolfin #66 Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6019 battles
  • [TOOL]

I never shoot tanks that are lower tier than me. That would really suck for them and it could make them never play this game again. :trollface:

Seriously though, why can't people find tanks "they" like playing and not just the ones "everyone else" does just because they've heard about them. Find a tank, grind out the top package, get some skills and perks and play more than a couple dozen battles in it.

You might learn the strengths and weaknesses of the tank.

You might get top tier as much as bottom tier.

You might start having a few good games.

You might just start having fun and looking forward to the next battle.

Everyone can't win every battle, just roll on and get 'em next time.:playing:

Zulu Calm #67 Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17454 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postroyster1889, on 20 March 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

Ok here's my tip for a really enjoyable experience if your not one of the best players out there. I stick by this myself except when I toon up.
I dont play anything higher than tier 7. And if I'm in a tier 9 game I dont go anywhere near the front unless its scouting. You can check my numbers out if you wish but I rarely play over tier 7 and find it to be a most enjoyable experience.

I certainly find that playing tiers 5 to 8 are the most enjoyable when playing solo which is mostly what I do. The problem with the very top tiers is that they are awash with the very worst and the very best of players which is not a good combination if you're playing solo and turns the game into more of a lottery. 

With the the mid tiers, in a decent tank, the opportunities to carry or have a bigger impact when playing solo are greater making the game much more fun.

Sig image created by the remarkably talented xRoni7x

I'm also a subscriber to another great WOT forum The Bunker http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

and a proud member of The Bunker clan (BNKR)

Zulu Calm #68 Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17454 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMoldyDolfin, on 21 March 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

I never shoot tanks that are lower tier than me. That would really suck for them and it could make them never play this game again. :trollface:

Seriously though, why can't people find tanks "they" like playing and not just the ones "everyone else" does just because they've heard about them. Find a tank, grind out the top package, get some skills and perks and play more than a couple dozen battles in it.

You might learn the strengths and weaknesses of the tank.

You might get top tier as much as bottom tier.

You might start having a few good games.

You might just start having fun and looking forward to the next battle.

Everyone can't win every battle, just roll on and get 'em next time.:playing:

So true. I have a small group of tanks I love playing and enjoy whether winning or losing. Of course winning is better than losing but tearing apart multiple other tanks while driving a tank you enjoy is fun whatever the result. 

Sig image created by the remarkably talented xRoni7x

I'm also a subscriber to another great WOT forum The Bunker http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

and a proud member of The Bunker clan (BNKR)

royster1889 #69 Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:08 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 19213 battles

View PostZulu Calm, on 21 March 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

I certainly find that playing tiers 5 to 8 are the most enjoyable when playing solo which is mostly what I do. The problem with the very top tiers is that they are awash with the very worst and the very best of players which is not a good combination if you're playing solo and turns the game into more of a lottery.

With the the mid tiers, in a decent tank, the opportunities to carry or have a bigger impact when playing solo are greater making the game much more fun.

​this^^^

​And those few games like 1 I had last night. I was in my t20(t7) in a tier 9 game in which I noticed a toon of well known unicum (probably superuni) appropriately on the purple team. My thoughts are well this isn't gonna end well for me. Turns out it did turn out well. Green team actually won and I although didn't manage lots of damage got the killshots on 2 of those guys and still managed close to top of the board. That felt to me like a really fun game, well worth being bottom tier.

MMCorreia #70 Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 9335 battles
  • [KLT]

View PostAngelsDavid, on 20 March 2017 - 10:15 PM, said:

I already said it, but you must have missed it. The game started to be less fun because, at your total of games played, you're barely scratching the surface in terms of game mechanics/tanks/maps knowledge. The further up the tiers you go, the more this lack of knowledge shows and the more you're punished by it. The problem isn't the game, it's that you have to pace yourself and invest some time in learning a lot of stuff, if you want to do good and do a lot of damage in this game.

You really should have kept playing in tiers 4 and 5, at least until you could at least do your tanks health-pool of damage consistently. That way you would have kept your frustration low and enjoy your time playing tanks.

DadD567 #71 Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12546 battles

View PostAngelsDavid, on 20 March 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

In all honesty, Angel didn't quit. She just isn't an avid game player, she said she probably would still play once in awhile, I was the hot head who deleted it.  The T29 was shooting peas, boiled soft peas at that, and even when hulled down, nothing mattered, it just gets shattered out there against tier 9s.  I sold that danged thing to work on other lines.  But when the KV3 went out with the big gun and was also shooting peas, and when it was also getting one shotted or two shotted by tier 9s, over and over again, I just said enough is enough.  It would be different if I could have played inside of my own tier or even +1 more than once in a blue moon, but match after match of tier 9s, where a tier 7 really doesn't belong (in my opinion because some on here will pick that statement apart) ... I just deleted it, to which Angel replied with a soft pout and told me there was a nice fresh pot of coffee made in kitchen  :)

This is your expert opinion after 48 games in the T29? Your 46% win rate and 24% survival rate also indicate that you need to git gud.

JatemKaa #72 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 48684 battles
Should have just done what the rest of us are doing in this situation: Equip binos, camo net, and snipe. Don't try to be a heavy, especially when you are two tiers down. If your tier 9s do their job, then you can emerge from hiding late in the game to help them clean up the battlefield. If your tier 9s don't do their jobs, you being two tiers down are not going to turn the tide. Two Tiers down is kind of the breaking point - one tier down you can still be an effective force on the field, but two down you are there to be cannon-fodder.

Twiztid Bowels #73 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 35108 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostJatemKaa, on 21 March 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

Should have just done what the rest of us are doing in this situation: Equip binos, camo net, and snipe. Don't try to be a heavy, especially when you are two tiers down. If your tier 9s do their job, then you can emerge from hiding late in the game to help them clean up the battlefield. If your tier 9s don't do their jobs, you being two tiers down are not going to turn the tide. Two Tiers down is kind of the breaking point - one tier down you can still be an effective force on the field, but two down you are there to be cannon-fodder.

CthulhuSleeping #74 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4633 battles
OP = Look at me!!! :boobs:

JatemKaa #75 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 48684 battles

View PostUnkeptCanine96, on 20 March 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

Oh no, a for profit company is trying to make money.  What will we ever do??  Alert the media and the police.  There must be something we can do to make them give us everything for free.  I'm entitled to it.:izmena:

I know it, "A  for Profit company is trying to make money", by running off all the long time players and trying to appeal to the short term freebirds. Smart bundle everything together marketing combined with trouble-free lag-free play as well. It is so great that everyone looks forward to the fast problem free downloads as well. Sure its a 'free' game that the only real cost is frustration and rage when you play.

UnkeptCanine96 #76 Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11969 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostJatemKaa, on 21 March 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

I know it, "A  for Profit company is trying to make money", by running off all the long time players and trying to appeal to the short term freebirds. Smart bundle everything together marketing combined with trouble-free lag-free play as well. It is so great that everyone looks forward to the fast problem free downloads as well. Sure its a 'free' game that the only real cost is frustration and rage when you play.

Long time players are going to go on their own no matter what happens.  People get tired of a game eventually.  The fact that you are still here almost three years later says a lot about the game.  Also, these megabundles they have are great for long time players, because they can get a lot of tanks they don't have on the cheap.  Yes, you have to buy the gold, but most of us that have been around this long do that anyway.  I've gotten some tremendous discounts on new tanks because of these mega-bundles.  Plus, rage and frustration have been a part of this game since day one.  That much hasn't changed.:trollface:

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Xbox One and Xbox 360

Expose' List

6JY6LjA.png

nolifeF1 #77 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:17 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9353 battles

Im not quittin, too addicted. Mass Effect Andromeda should be playable in 26 hours or so, stupis region locks. That should keep me occupied. probably be back tankin at summer or fall. Its really refreshing to try other games.

Might do some weekend platooning here and there.

AngelsDavid #78 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6157 battles

View PostAngryD567, on 21 March 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

This is your expert opinion after 48 games in the T29? Your 46% win rate and 24% survival rate also indicate that you need to git gud.

and...

View PostMMCorreia, on 21 March 2017 - 05:55 AM, said:

I already said it, but you must have missed it. The game started to be less fun because, at your total of games played, you're barely scratching the surface in terms of game mechanics/tanks/maps knowledge. The further up the tiers you go, the more this lack of knowledge shows and the more you're punished by it. The problem isn't the game, it's that you have to pace yourself and invest some time in learning a lot of stuff, if you want to do good and do a lot of damage in this game.

You really should have kept playing in tiers 4 and 5, at least until you could at least do your tanks health-pool of damage consistently. That way you would have kept your frustration low and enjoy your time playing tanks.

Yes, yes, I realize this, I have not denied that.  The original poster here in this thread was more about reasons why he was thinking of leaving the game, and I merely commented giving him my reasons why I deleted it.

Have you seen my post http://forum-console...__fromsearch__1 Getting good against +2 tiers higher ?

I KNOW i am a newb, and Angel also, even moreso than me!  We both want to learn the game.  I have been highly interested in tactics and some of the more intricate details of the game.  Identifying us as noobs is missing my point. We know this, it has been established.

The problem is, when someone who is mainly in the game for fun and just trying to improve, not for stats but to just be overall better, to look at maps, to look at tactics, to learn some tactics, like side scraping for instance.  I learned how to side scrape, and I was like... oh maaan, this is cool, i have learned one of the big boy tactics, i can know side scrape effectively!  Then go out onto the battlefield, get that opportunity to side scrape, do everything right and still get one shotted by a higher tier, or worse, something that should NOT be able to one shot you to begin with, but did, because of the software manipulation, what you all call "RNG"... is a real downer.  It makes one ask, why am i practicing? Whey am i learning tactics when it doesn't even matter.   When you play badly the software gives you some good games and some lucky breaks after a time.  When you play good for several matches, it stacks odds against you in one way or another.  Never do we get to see the fruits of our study or our learned tactics come to fruition because there is always this manipulation factor involved. 

That day, the software had been giving me a really hard time for a couple of days.  Every match 2 tiers higher, no place did i belong in any of those matches.  One shotted, two shotted, bouncing gold off of soft spots, I may as well just go back to the garage and leave my tanks sitting there at the line, only when I do that i get hate messages.  Well the frustration for has just been a bit more than i am comfortable with.  LIke i say, i am a pretty happy, laughy. fun type of personality.  So i reached my limit i guess.

BUT.... i also did re-download the freekin game again last night... sigh.  I had too, because reading what you all here have said to me, it is something that everyone just takes with a grain of salt and don't pay any mind to and just go to the next battle and I think now after this discussion i can learn to do the same.

For the record, I am AngelasHavoc. I am AngelsDavid's wife.  We share an xbox account so I am unable to log into the forums as myself.  So in order to ask some of my questions here, I have to sign into forums using his account.

pingwrx #79 Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16027 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostAngelsDavid, on 21 March 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

and...

Yes, yes, I realize this, I have not denied that.  The original poster here in this thread was more about reasons why he was thinking of leaving the game, and I merely commented giving him my reasons why I deleted it.

Have you seen my post http://forum-console...__fromsearch__1 Getting good against +2 tiers higher ?

I KNOW i am a newb, and Angel also, even moreso than me!  We both want to learn the game.  I have been highly interested in tactics and some of the more intricate details of the game.  Identifying us as noobs is missing my point. We know this, it has been established.

The problem is, when someone who is mainly in the game for fun and just trying to improve, not for stats but to just be overall better, to look at maps, to look at tactics, to learn some tactics, like side scraping for instance.  I learned how to side scrape, and I was like... oh maaan, this is cool, i have learned one of the big boy tactics, i can know side scrape effectively!  Then go out onto the battlefield, get that opportunity to side scrape, do everything right and still get one shotted by a higher tier, or worse, something that should NOT be able to one shot you to begin with, but did, because of the software manipulation, what you all call "RNG"... is a real downer.  It makes one ask, why am i practicing? Whey am i learning tactics when it doesn't even matter.   When you play badly the software gives you some good games and some lucky breaks after a time.  When you play good for several matches, it stacks odds against you in one way or another.  Never do we get to see the fruits of our study or our learned tactics come to fruition because there is always this manipulation factor involved.

That day, the software had been giving me a really hard time for a couple of days.  Every match 2 tiers higher, no place did i belong in any of those matches.  One shotted, two shotted, bouncing gold off of soft spots, I may as well just go back to the garage and leave my tanks sitting there at the line, only when I do that i get hate messages.  Well the frustration for has just been a bit more than i am comfortable with.  LIke i say, i am a pretty happy, laughy. fun type of personality.  So i reached my limit i guess.

BUT.... i also did re-download the freekin game again last night... sigh.  I had too, because reading what you all here have said to me, it is something that everyone just takes with a grain of salt and don't pay any mind to and just go to the next battle and I think now after this discussion i can learn to do the same.

I said it earlier and will say it again try to get in a platoon with somebody experienced that can help you out with tank knowledge or tactics, map knowledge positioning  makes a world of difference in tanking enjoyment.

gigagram #80 Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 6612 battles

View PostZulu Calm, on 21 March 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

My problem is that MM puts all of the very best players on the red team, and all the worst players on the green team.  

Except me, of course.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users