why do some players think its ok to swear in game ? its not ! ...

noobz trolls idiots bigmouth

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Radicalspeeder #41 Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:03 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14598 battles
  • [KMD]
I don't mind swearing. I find raging people hilarious. I also go on a fit from time to time but I mute my mic. I even turn voice and text comms to friends only when I am in a state where I might rage. But... It is the real world, get used to it. This is World of Tanks, not happy bunny tank crew adventures.

Learns the Jedi arts from Count Dooku.

Major Englush #42 Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16546 battles

[edited]that [edited]. :P

Honestly. English is incredibly limiting as it is, and I have no intention of removing an entire collection of words due to outdated mores.

Granted, one probably shouldn't be dropping eff bombs in church. But in a game? Oh [edited]yes. Which is why I stay out of game chat. :D

SILVERFISHX #43 Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37330 battles
  • [FEN1X]
It's mah right to be offensive so therefore ah shall exerciseitize it, you flocking loosers!!  

...and this is the Internet, where we are all generally unaccountable.  

Hells Cracker #44 Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:52 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22942 battles
Must be [edited]

mhogee #45 Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 39125 battles

View PostLORD S1DOG, on 21 November 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

Plz can someone tell me why this gets on my ******* nerves so much !!!  i play a lot of the time day or night .. { my job has me work nights } .. and no matter what time your on there are always kids in the game .. its not big to swear  .. i am Against swearing and i hope am not alone in this .. now let me point out somethink here at this point alot of ppl say on the forum its not big to swear .. but some of us do it anyway . now some ppl forget , some ppl do get angry and some ppl do not care . why would these ppl , just let someone talk to there child like that .  i dont want ppl talking to my 13yr old like that when hes playing . the problem is he does have to hear that and we all know this goes on yes we can mute them but you never know when its going to happen untill its happend . and that my point it shud not go on .. now i asked a player who was an ok player not to swear as my son was in the game with me . he was grate about  it  but in the same game a player lost it and goes into one about it ?? lol .. yes it hurts to die but it happens to us all its a game .. some times it is funny but its them times were ppl go way to far calling team players bad names and so on and so on ect ect .. are or could gamers do more to help that the Gaming industries ( yes we know the code of conduct ) but could we do more than we are ??

if u on xbox just start a party and no more game chat will come up

HighSpyker #46 Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35771 battles
  • [IRN]

View PostKING FROG, on 21 November 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

2 choices. get over it or mute. not great choices but, you are not gonna change human nature by ranting

You can always use a third choice, and report people using offensive language, like Mobius does when you send him hate mail.  :trollface:  First coms ban.  True story.

(Personally, I never report anyone for in-game conversation, unless they're using a lot of slurs towards an ethnic group, a religion, sex, or sexual preference.  You're going to be VERY busy if you report every time someone uses vulgarity.)

LEAVE THE SPAWN #47 Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:47 PM

Private

• Players
  • 18550 battles
  • [-CHF-]

View PostLORD S1DOG, on 22 November 2016 - 01:22 AM, said:

Plz can someone tell me why this gets on my ******* nerves so much !!!  i play a lot of the time day or night .. { my job has me work nights } .. and no matter what time your on there are always kids in the game .. its not big to swear  .. i am Against swearing and i hope am not alone in this .. now let me point out somethink here at this point alot of ppl say on the forum its not big to swear .. but some of us do it anyway . now some ppl forget , some ppl do get angry and some ppl do not care . why would these ppl , just let someone talk to there child like that .  i dont want ppl talking to my 13yr old like that when hes playing . the problem is he does have to hear that and we all know this goes on yes we can mute them but you never know when its going to happen untill its happend . and that my point it shud not go on .. now i asked a player who was an ok player not to swear as my son was in the game with me . he was grate about  it  but in the same game a player lost it and goes into one about it ?? lol .. yes it hurts to die but it happens to us all its a game .. some times it is funny but its them times were ppl go way to far calling team players bad names and so on and so on ect ect .. are or could gamers do more to help that the Gaming industries ( yes we know the code of conduct ) but could we do more than we are ??

I cant believe you actually thought  people would agree with you, you are so hypocritical, blurring your curse words suggesting that you do it yourself, its called the first ammendment get over it. Quit trying to make yourself popular buy posting nonesense topics. PS: im looking up your stats.

HighSpyker #48 Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:54 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35771 battles
  • [IRN]

View PostLEAVE THE SPAWN, on 22 November 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

I cant believe you actually thought  people would agree with you, you are so hypocritical, blurring your curse words suggesting that you do it yourself, its called the first ammendment get over it. Quit trying to make yourself popular buy posting nonesense topics. PS: im looking up your stats.

The First Amendment only applies to actions taken by the Federal and state governments.  There is no "First Amendment right" on any private property, such as in a store or on a server.

SILVERFISHX #49 Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37330 battles
  • [FEN1X]

View PostHighSpyker, on 22 November 2016 - 09:54 AM, said:

The First Amendment only applies to actions taken by the Federal and state governments.  There is no "First Amendment right" on any private property, such as in a store or on a server.

The "no state action" point is meaningless to most of us dummies.  

Lil Banana Boat #50 Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:16 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32877 battles

Swearing and using other colorful language (yellow belly-crawling mangy dog, etc.--ah, the good old days) is a normal part of life. Uttering an epithet when arty anti-battery's you in your arty 60 seconds into the game should be expected :(, but the annoying speech is the 'every other word is the f word' constant droning by those who haven't accumulated a vocabulary or gained emotional maturity. And I was in the military for 20--I know a little something about colorful language.

HighSpyker #51 Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35771 battles
  • [IRN]

Word.

R35T NO MORE #52 Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:18 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16023 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostHighSpyker, on 22 November 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

OP is English so that's all pointless anyway. Never understood why people always just assume people are American. That isn't aimed at you Spyker, just meant in general. 

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 

SwiftKitten6121 #53 Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:19 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 38661 battles
I have a potty mouth. I stay in party chat because of it.

Saerbhreathach #54 Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:22 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22078 battles
Sorry op. Not gonna change my ways for your convenience. Can't handle the language, play a single player game or mute the person that's using the profanity.....

Alone Leaf Hag #55 Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 1020 battles
I swear, get over it or choke on it your choice...
Uncivilized Unhinged Unchecked

Twiztid Bowels #56 Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39519 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostLil Banana Boat, on 22 November 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

Swearing and using other colorful language (yellow belly-crawling mangy dog, etc.--ah, the good old days) is a normal part of life. Uttering an epithet when arty anti-battery's you in your arty 60 seconds into the game should be expected :(, but the annoying speech is the 'every other word is the f word' constant droning by those who haven't accumulated a vocabulary or gained emotional maturity. And I was in the military for 20--I know a little something about colorful language.

The use of red is for mods. Reported.:trollface::P

HighSpyker #57 Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35771 battles
  • [IRN]

View PostR35T 1N PEACE, on 22 November 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

OP is English so that's all pointless anyway. Never understood why people always just assume people are American. That isn't aimed at you Spyker, just meant in general. 

No problem, brother.  I believe the majority here are from the US, but I was just addessing the "First Amendment" misapplication, anyway.

SILVERFISHX #58 Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37330 battles
  • [FEN1X]

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 22 November 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

Sorry op. Not gonna change my ways for your convenience. Can't handle the language, play a single player game or mute the person that's using the profanity.....

He could never hear you curse, anyway.  Gotcha.

Putinondafoil #59 Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:36 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 73333 battles
  • [SNAFU]
So, we have to "think of the children" ? I, along with most tankers must have missed something in the details that says baby sitting is part of playing tanks. I am not responsible for teaching or influencing other peoples offspring. When a parent believes that I am, they are "doing it wrong" and should endeavor to "get gud " at their most important job.
You can wish in one hand and crap in the other. See which fills up first. :playing:

LacqueredBacon #60 Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34907 battles

View PostLORD S1DOG, on 21 November 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

1.  Stay in party chat and you don't have to worry about it.  My son is 14.  He stays in party chat unless he is platooning.

2.  The game is rated "T" for Teen and foul language is expected.  If he/you cannot do the above, then find a different game.

Also tagged with noobz, trolls, idiots, bigmouth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users