why do some players think its ok to swear in game ? its not ! ...

noobz trolls idiots bigmouth

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

dcr66 #61 Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:39 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 25504 battles
  • [ONE]

Mute them. 

If someone else is swearing in a language that you don't understand, will that be fine other the noise pollution part?

I never allow me son to use voice chat and his chat volume for his (my old) 360 is set to very low so he never has to listen to the crap either. If he is allow to go voice chat, he will get comm ban in no time. Kids of his age like to imitate adult way of talking, i mean swearing by over doing it.

Senior .NET Developer / Team Lead by day. Computer/Console gamer with 30+ yrs of experience by night. WW2 guru for 35+ years. 

[ONE]dcr66 in World of Warships. Same clan name and user name as I have in Xbox.

Unkempt #62 Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18970 battles
  • [SRT]
Welcome to online gaming, please enjoy your stay...

YouTube

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your BOOK!"

giaka #63 Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:43 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44421 battles
  • [WTAF]

View PostR35T 1N PEACE, on 22 November 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

OP is English so that's all pointless anyway. Never understood why people always just assume people are American. That isn't aimed at you Spyker, just meant in general. 

Because inside of every human there is an American trying to get out.

WG Balance 101, If a tank has a high survival rate, nerf its gun.

ubermik #64 Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23491 battles
I bet they don't have this problem on the Elite Dangerous forums because...

Wait for it.....

A little more.....

"In space nobody can hear you swear" haha :D

Carry on

I used to think that it would be better to ONLY play against opponents that were at the same or a similar level of skill to me too

Then when I thought about it I realised that being in a match with 6 2 year olds, 12 corpses, 4 blind people, 3 people with no arms, and 4 people in comas might not be as much fun as I had initially imagined

That's why I wuv my waffle soooooooo much

ubermik #65 Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23491 battles

View PostHighSpyker, on 22 November 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

The First Amendment only applies to actions taken by the Federal and state governments.  There is no "First Amendment right" on any private property, such as in a store or on a server.

That's not strictly true, the state is often called on to defend "first amendment" issues between private individuals too mainly through the courts but when it gets violent through the police as well

And in more recent years the state has also played the other side of the fence by actively squashing views and protests that "should" be protected under the first amendment but which were either anti government or were anti the people who have bought and paid for the government such as the occupy movement and whistle blowers about government and corporate corruption also,,,,patriot act anyone? Homeland anyone?

So the line is far more grey and blurry than the ideological "black and white" many try to claim the constitution "guarantees"

I used to think that it would be better to ONLY play against opponents that were at the same or a similar level of skill to me too

Then when I thought about it I realised that being in a match with 6 2 year olds, 12 corpses, 4 blind people, 3 people with no arms, and 4 people in comas might not be as much fun as I had initially imagined

That's why I wuv my waffle soooooooo much

Saerbhreathach #66 Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:05 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22710 battles

View PostSILVERFISHX, on 22 November 2016 - 02:04 PM, said:

He could never hear you curse, anyway.  Gotcha.

What? 

SILVERFISHX #67 Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39230 battles
  • [FEN1X]
Gotta plug in to be heard, right?

Saerbhreathach #68 Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22710 battles

View PostSILVERFISHX, on 22 November 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

Gotta plug in to be heard, right?

Ahhhh, I had a feeling that's where you where going but wasn't sure. I used to use my mic from time to time and when I did I talked normally, which just so happens to include nasty words. Especially when it's during a frustrating match. It's just natural to curse like a sailor when something is painful. It's been scientifically proven to lessen the pain. So I says let the profanities fly, it's good for ya ;) 

Cobravert #69 Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27576 battles
  • [WPLAC]

View PostLORD S1DOG, on 21 November 2016 - 08:22 PM, said:

i am Against swearing

And yet 2 of the 4 words in your signature contain elements of swearing....

Yeah.

I don't like hearing little kids swear, trying to act all tough, but sounding like idiots either. But not hearing other people in game is as easy as using the mute feature.

If you are on Xbox and report them for their form of communications, they'll get a mute ban if enough others send the same report. No idea on PSN.

vampyrii #70 Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:02 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9716 battles

Checks Op's post.

Checks Op's forum signature.

Confused.

MASKEDJOKERRR #71 Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:41 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22078 battles
  • [47R]

lol I saw that too. Watch out. Kids are on the forums too. LolView PostMustardScroll7, on 21 November 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

Ooooh, I see. Next time, I'll be sure to say "This gets on my star star star star star star star nerves", and people won't know what I mean.

DIE ChAoTiC519 #72 Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:59 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17865 battles

View PostHighSpyker, on 22 November 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

The First Amendment only applies to actions taken by the Federal and state governments.  There is no "First Amendment right" on any private property, such as in a store or on a server.

Yes you are right its called T.O.S. Terms of service

LeftTurnus #73 Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22910 battles

View PostLORD S1DOG, on 22 November 2016 - 01:22 AM, said:

Plz can someone tell me why this gets on my ******* nerves so much !!!  i play a lot of the time day or night .. { my job has me work nights } .. and no matter what time your on there are always kids in the game .. its not big to swear  .. i am Against swearing and i hope am not alone in this .. now let me point out somethink here at this point alot of ppl say on the forum its not big to swear .. but some of us do it anyway . now some ppl forget , some ppl do get angry and some ppl do not care . why would these ppl , just let someone talk to there child like that .  i dont want ppl talking to my 13yr old like that when hes playing . the problem is he does have to hear that and we all know this goes on yes we can mute them but you never know when its going to happen untill its happend . and that my point it shud not go on .. now i asked a player who was an ok player not to swear as my son was in the game with me . he was grate about  it  but in the same game a player lost it and goes into one about it ?? lol .. yes it hurts to die but it happens to us all its a game .. some times it is funny but its them times were ppl go way to far calling team players bad names and so on and so on ect ect .. are or could gamers do more to help that the Gaming industries ( yes we know the code of conduct ) but could we do more than we are ??

This is the internet and an online game. Your only real option is to mute everybody to not have your son exposed to it.

It is the way it is. People are people, people will swear, some moreso than others, and it will always be there.

You just have to plan accordingly.

Also keep in mind most of the players never even come to the forums so they won't see your post.

PHOBIA bAe2OO5k #74 Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:29 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15716 battles

View PostDaC00kieM0nstar, on 22 November 2016 - 02:06 AM, said:

Welcome to the Internet/online gaming. Change your settings or mute, otherwise deal with it as it won't change.

QFT.

GG OP,  NO RE

View PostMobius Y, on 15 January 2017 - 06:47 AM, said:

Give it a few licks and find out.

If you play as arty, you're showing off your single digit IQ level

SlavicHammer187 #75 Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11673 battles
People play "shooter" type games ...with lots of shooting and stuff blowing up..simulating the intensity of combat and killing people, but don't want to hear the F bomb (smack head).. where the player base is 20something year old stoners, 30something year old OIF-OEF vets,older bored guys in their 50's who play when the wife goes to bed because they have mind numbingly dull livrs and no real hobbies, random mentally Ill people who have nothing else in life but this game and ANYone can access and play this game.....yesterday some French guy was calling people retarded products of a rape and we should go kill ourselves....pretty much offending anyone who knows someone who's mentally challenged, been raped, or committed suicide in one foul swoop .... I just told him to shut up...of course my emotions died years ago so none of this stuff affects me anyway 

Zulu Calm #76 Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19654 battles
  • [BNKR]

My kids always bollock me if I start effing and blinding. They literally tell me off. Same if I get a little drunk or start being an ar se. :D

This doesn't happen often, mind.

Edited by Zulu Calm, 23 November 2016 - 08:13 AM.

Sig image created by the remarkably talented xRoni7x

I'm also a subscriber to another great WOT forum The Bunker http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

and a proud member of The Bunker clan (BNKR)

TO1 HYPER VENOM #77 Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:02 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18261 battles
  • [PURP]
What'r all ya nancy [edited]suckin [edited]bastards [edited][edited][edited][edited][edited][edited]mother[edited]ing [edited][edited][edited]talkin about. 

Disco__Stu1 #78 Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15239 battles
  • [FILTH]
I've heard far worse than just swearing (especially on the US server), to the point that it just makes me laugh. People who play music or have the volume so loud you can hear their game are far worse than people who just swear. Mute is your friend on all occasions.

skinner2020 #79 Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:02 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15061 battles
It's the people who decide to clear thier sinuses while miked that drive me nuts.

caglassc #80 Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49551 battles
  • [-TCB-]

View PostLORD S1DOG, on 22 November 2016 - 01:22 AM, said:

Plz can someone tell me why this gets on my ******* nerves so much !!!  i play a lot of the time day or night .. { my job has me work nights } .. and no matter what time your on there are always kids in the game .. its not big to swear  .. i am Against swearing and i hope am not alone in this .. now let me point out somethink here at this point alot of ppl say on the forum its not big to swear .. but some of us do it anyway . now some ppl forget , some ppl do get angry and some ppl do not care . why would these ppl , just let someone talk to there child like that .  i dont want ppl talking to my 13yr old like that when hes playing . the problem is he does have to hear that and we all know this goes on yes we can mute them but you never know when its going to happen untill its happend . and that my point it shud not go on .. now i asked a player who was an ok player not to swear as my son was in the game with me . he was grate about  it  but in the same game a player lost it and goes into one about it ?? lol .. yes it hurts to die but it happens to us all its a game .. some times it is funny but its them times were ppl go way to far calling team players bad names and so on and so on ect ect .. are or could gamers do more to help that the Gaming industries ( yes we know the code of conduct ) but could we do more than we are ??

I take the opposite approach.  I think the policies that Microshaft has about swearing is ridiculous.  There is a difference between language and behavior.  If someone curses during a game I don't have a problem with it.  When a person starts cursing at another player(s) then I think that probably crosses a line.  However, it isn't any of my business per se - people can act like idiots and it really doesn't affect me.  Policies that allow for banning players for language only supports the notion that we "should shield" our children from the world. These are the "snowflakes" who have gotten a participation trophy their entire lives and expect the world to cater to them - the same childish individuals who are out protesting now because their candidate lost - they won't accept losing because they have never had to face it.  On those same lines are the folks who are offended by what you say and want you persecuted for it.  

So, to me it is a bit situational - cursing in front of your child is different than cursing at your child.  

De opresso liber

Also tagged with noobz, trolls, idiots, bigmouth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users