why do some players think its ok to swear in game ? its not ! ...

noobz trolls idiots bigmouth

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

SlagInGristle #81 Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34418 battles
  • [6SIC6]
I can answer your question. Hollywood - just filthy language. Rap music - filthy filthy language. That and the inability to really express ones self and the total inability to focus - so always blathering. The future is what's scary.
:bush:

SlavicHammer187 #82 Posted 24 November 2016 - 12:10 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11656 battles

I love the double standard of gaming, with all of it....parents let 6 year old kids play CoD and BF , some of which entails killing civilians, but nonetheless, the game is just mindlessly killing enemy team members in a loud, violent bloody fashion ..... but one F bomb and they turn into Super Parent......sure I just blew a guys legs off with a shotgun but someone said $hit and let's all lose our minds...

It's all a virtual world.....if you don't like it, don't enter it..I there are plenty of online sports games that are G rated.

I'm an active duty Infantry combat veteran, and a Corrections Officer, I think at this point in my life I'm more distrustful of people who don't use foul language. Some of the finest Americans I have met had the filthiest most vulgar mouths in the world and they have boots that have done more for this country than 99% of people who play these games.

Chimonakimi #83 Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33556 battles
  • [VADER]

View PostLetMeEatCake666, on 23 November 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

I can answer your question. Hollywood - just filthy language. Rap music - filthy filthy language. That and the inability to really express ones self and the total inability to focus - so always blathering. The future is what's scary.

You forgot the lack of it being back in your day when this was all orange fields.

mockney_piers #84 Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10232 battles
  • [FILTH]

http://www.bbc.com/f...its-of-swearing

tldr

swearing is good for your health, makes communication more effective, helps bond team spirit and is generally big and clever :)

The Carni #85 Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18894 battles
  • [REJCT]

View Postgiaka, on 21 November 2016 - 09:55 PM, said:

Against swearing but has "What The Fuc&" in Sig.

Exactly what I was thinking!! Hypocrites never see it in themselves...

JediAL78 #86 Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19669 battles

Gotta be a bait post as OP hasn't commented since the first page.

I love swearing and do it all the time. To huge extreme amounts.

This is because I drive the M25 every day to work and back.

You don't learn to swear until you learn to drive.

:izmena:

List of tanks I have in Garage

Spoiler

fat vs thin #87 Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:04 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 18756 battles

There is swearing in every game. There is nothing you can really do about it. If you want your child to play the game without the hearing the sudden outburst of disrespectful language, then the best thing you can do is just turn the volume off on the TV and don't let them use the mic. Just my thought but it will work.

Edited by fat vs thin, 24 November 2016 - 03:06 PM.

WidowMaker1711 #88 Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11835 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postgiaka, on 22 November 2016 - 06:43 PM, said:

Because inside of every Amerucan there is a thin person trying to get out.

FTFY :trollface:

For Russ and the Allfather

WidowMaker1711 #89 Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11835 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostLetMeEatCake666, on 23 November 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/people-who-are-really-good-at-swearing-have-an-important-advantage-a6770486.html

Kuchiki29 #90 Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:29 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19503 battles
  • [SLBM]
If its excessive rage swearing i just mute

Fear... It is something vital to us puny creatures. The instant man stops fearing is the instant the species reaches a dead end, only to sink to pitable lows, only to sit and wait apathetically for extinction. Humans who lose the ability to think become creatures whose existance has no value. Wake up! Don't be afraid of knowledge! Think, you humans who are split into two worlds, unless you want the gulf between humans to expand into oblivian, you must think! Signed, Schwarzwald.

MoistNugget9130 #91 Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6870 battles

Funny how any game with online multiplayer gives you the direct disclaimer "Game experience may change during online play", i.e. be prepared for mature content that the game's rating does not account for.

Also, if your son is 13, it's not necessarily a bad thing for him to be exposed to the language of everyday adult life. There are more important things to worry about than subjectively mean words. If it's that much of an issue to you, you have more than enough means to minimize exposure through family settings and the mute feature. But if you expect the rest of the adult world to change their behavior accordingly to your feelings, you're wrong.

ubermik #92 Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23491 battles
I have to agree with the majority of sentiment on this, I have two children who are now in their 20s and one thing I absolutely saw as a major part of parenting was to prepare them for adult life in the REAL world, not in some SJW governed unicorn and rainbow envisioned delusional ideological fantasy of what the world "should" be like, but how the world ACTUALLY is

Even when my kids were young I could see the way things were going with the participation medals, increasing illnesses because parents overly protected their kids from dirt, weak, fragile snowflake kids who were sheltered from every harsh reality of life and the social Marxist fantasy that "all people are equal" leading to the expectation that "all outcomes should reflect that"

So even over two decades ago I was predicting future generations of entitlement mentalities and adults who couldn't cope with normal every day occurences without an avalanche of antidepressants and anti psychotic drugs and unfortunately not only was I correct in my predictions but worse, I think I underestimated the extent to which its happened

As a parent we are supposed to "protect" our children yes, but that is done by "inoculating" them to the realities of life through social vaccines, letting them experience things in bite sized chunks and guiding how they choose to react to them. Not sheltering them from them entirely so that they have no idea how to deal with them as an adult

And how arrogant is it to think the entire world should tilt on its pivot to suit you or your offsprings sensibilities and inabilities to cope with reality?

As a society we are churning out weaker and weaker children with each generation, malleable, easily influenced, naïve, gullible, entitlement minded, morally defunct children who will lack critical thinking skills, objectivity and reasoned outlooks on life and who will be fair game for the predators whether they be other members of society or our own governments

That is NOT "good parenting" for our children, but its excellent parenting from a governments perspective which is why its systemically indoctrinated through our RE-education systems so that they churn out compliant worker drones who do as theyre told and don't upset the status quo

Pavlov would have been so proud to see his ideas used on such a huge scale :D

Edited by ubermik, 24 November 2016 - 04:38 PM.

I used to think that it would be better to ONLY play against opponents that were at the same or a similar level of skill to me too

Then when I thought about it I realised that being in a match with 6 2 year olds, 12 corpses, 4 blind people, 3 people with no arms, and 4 people in comas might not be as much fun as I had initially imagined

That's why I wuv my waffle soooooooo much

DustyHooves #93 Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23660 battles

View PostChimonakimi, on 24 November 2016 - 05:29 AM, said:

You forgot the lack of it being back in your day when this was all orange fields.

Don't be all jelly, kiddo. Even though you might not believe it now, when you get older and look back, you too will reminisce about the "good 'ol days".  :mellow:

Pit Friend #94 Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33892 battles
  • [PTATO]
Being offended by profanity while playing a teen rated video game simulating war. Reminds me of the scene in "Apocalypse Now" when Colonel Kurtz is saying that commanders order men to drop napalm on women and children but won't let them paint "f***" on their planes because its obscene. 

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

D1G1TAL GUNF1RE #95 Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 33881 battles
  • [MAYHM]
OP is obviously trolling and did a good job by the fact that there are so many serious responses. 8/10 OP. Well done.

MechanicKarma97 #96 Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 27104 battles
  • [TRA2]

View PostLORD S1DOG, on 22 November 2016 - 01:22 AM, said:

Plz can someone tell me why this gets on my ******* nerves so much !!!  i play a lot of the time day or night .. { my job has me work nights } .. and no matter what time your on there are always kids in the game .. its not big to swear  .. i am Against swearing and i hope am not alone in this .. now let me point out somethink here at this point alot of ppl say on the forum its not big to swear .. but some of us do it anyway . now some ppl forget , some ppl do get angry and some ppl do not care . why would these ppl , just let someone talk to there child like that .  i dont want ppl talking to my 13yr old like that when hes playing . the problem is he does have to hear that and we all know this goes on yes we can mute them but you never know when its going to happen untill its happend . and that my point it shud not go on .. now i asked a player who was an ok player not to swear as my son was in the game with me . he was grate about  it  but in the same game a player lost it and goes into one about it ?? lol .. yes it hurts to die but it happens to us all its a game .. some times it is funny but its them times were ppl go way to far calling team players bad names and so on and so on ect ect .. are or could gamers do more to help that the Gaming industries ( yes we know the code of conduct ) but could we do more than we are ??

Swearing is swearing your letting your child play a rated T shooter tank game so its reasonable to expect swearing. This is the real world and expecting everyone else to change for you or your child is unreasonable and also hypocritical because you swear yourself in your statement. You have 3 choices 1:turn of chat or enable family settings so he can only hear his friends 2:make him only be able to be in a party so he can't hear anyone else 3:go play a different game I hear mickey mouse clubhouse has no swearing lol. You could also just get over it I mean your kids 13yr old so its not like he's 10 or below I mean I've been swearing since i was 12 and its never been a problem. Its your choice

ITZxGORE #97 Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:20 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27045 battles
  • [DECOY]
Everyone has the right to say what they want in game chat and uf ya don't like mute them and don't complain when you have a solution

R2D2smokes #98 Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:43 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15152 battles
You cannot legislate decency. That being said, one is not afforded first amendment rights while using privately owned services. Even the FCC can control what is said on radio and television, and Microsoft can choose to suspend accounts.

UPGRA1D #99 Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:00 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11819 battles
  • [EDP]
Worst potty mouths ARE the 13 yr. olds

SlagInGristle #100 Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34418 battles
  • [6SIC6]

View PostChimonakimi, on 24 November 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

I am not a swear free individual I was in the USMC and have worked all over the world in several industries. In the 80s things really changed the movies changed then too. I remember Eddie Murphy being the most profane public person ever and before him Richard prior but you know they weren't at all like now. Movies back then are not like now - at all. Is it bad? At that time most people treated each other with respect ( I think mostly because a fist fight wasn't assault unless you really went to town after the other guy was down ) and people with poor language skills did refrain from being offensive. Not today. Most people won't even bat an eye if asked what the f@(! Do you want, at that time it was may I help you? It is probably a bad indicator. For grown men to get so animated to cuss and become down right enraged over a game - and at people they have never met?!? Is amazing to me.

i remember when I was about 11 I was put shooting on our property and a stranger had decided to just wander onto the land. My father calmly handed me his rifle which I put away and kept my rifle cradled, he said calmly, I will go kick this guys [edited]off our land if he starts to win you shoot him because it is just you and I He may be armed and I don't want anything to happen to you if I am unable to protect you. I calmly waited for the altercation to take place around 25 feet away. There was no yelling the man realized he had made a mistake trespassing and ended up running away never saw him again. There was no swearing.  Today I think there would be yelling and swearing and really it would most likely aggravate the situation. There are languages that are extremely vague and can have many dual meaning that can be misconstrued. English spoken properly is not one. However you add profanity with its many contexts and possible connotation and you see it become one. In Houston not long ago I found that parts of town seemed to be speaking a devolved version of English that was startling  - all of the best men I have know could be made to cuss in certain circumstances but were generally quiet. It is interesting, reading this thread, that people today would actually seem to hold profanity in high regard. 

:bush:

Also tagged with noobz, trolls, idiots, bigmouth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users