Jump to content


STA-1 is a cursed tank

STA-1 Win Rate Cursed

  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

DutchDragon 99 #21 Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:48 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25052 battles
  • 323
  • [EASY]
  • Member since:
    01-05-2014

Has been a while, but I also have a "cursed tank" again: now it's my T54e1

My stats with it are quite ok I guess: 2540 avg dmg, 2,4 K/D, 1718 Eff. and 2679 WN8 but only a 43% winrate...:(

I quite like the tank... but the teams I get.... it seems over 2/3 of the time atleast halve of them are gone within 2 minutes..:facepalm:



Hex Arcana #22 Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:48 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32140 battles
  • 2,014
  • [RTA]
  • Member since:
    02-19-2015
I've tried, but I just don't care for the STA-1. If I wanted to play something like this, I'd play the CDC which plays similarly but without the weak engine & elevation woes and backwards gun depression handicap. Most matches in the STA-1 are bottom tier and I'd rather be in the CDC in that case, it's far better at dodging tier X's salivating over a bottom tier paper target and is better at relocating. I spend most my matches hiding from XI & X's trying to get undetected 

sulla1111 #23 Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:51 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13482 battles
  • 456
  • Member since:
    02-19-2016

I'm grinding towards the final package and I'm finding this tank really frustrating. It reminds me a lot of the VK45a which I also struggled with. An inaccurate gun with slow shells so not a great sniper mixed with poor camo average mobility and nonexistant armour . I'm really trying to find a niche role for the tank. It's made worse by tge fact I only have a one skill crew and no japanese trainer to level them up in.

 

The wierdest thing is that is it very expensive to run.



f1mitku #24 Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 48068 battles
  • 4,392
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016
You can use the Proofing Grounds to train your crew on its own tank even without Premium. It might be faster (better XP & silver and thus better training rate) than struggling in multiplayer without any skills. 
Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

Unkempt #25 Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:31 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18970 battles
  • 4,098
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    01-20-2016

View Postsulla1111, on 22 July 2017 - 01:51 AM, said:

mixed with poor camo

 

One of the higher concealment (camo) mediums at tier 8. 

 

 

YouTube

 

 "Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your BOOK!"


desouza1971 #26 Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:25 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10524 battles
  • 1,518
  • [ACE]
  • Member since:
    10-09-2016

I'm in no way shape or form a unicum but I just discovered love for my Black STA-2.

It doesn't have the CDC's mobility, taking longer to get to 40kmh, struggles going uphill and has no armor but it's such a fun tank with preferential matchmaking.

Definitely not a noob friendly tank but I'm clicking with it now. 

If the STA-1 is better, you shall have a blast once you get to know it. 



Unkempt #27 Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:10 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18970 battles
  • 4,098
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    01-20-2016

View Postdesouza1971, on 24 July 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

If the STA-1 is better, you shall have a blast once you get to know it. 

 

The STA-1 is mediocre compared to the STA-2 unfortunately. Still a decent tank though.


 

 

YouTube

 

 "Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your BOOK!"


Hex Arcana #28 Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32140 battles
  • 2,014
  • [RTA]
  • Member since:
    02-19-2015
I've come around to liking the STA-1, just took several fails to understand its limitations. Camo skills & Silent Driving makes its good camo rating even better, I don't get spotted as much.

Snorelacks #29 Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27396 battles
  • 6,374
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-24-2014

View PostHex Arcana, on 18 August 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

I've come around to liking the STA-1, just took several fails to understand its limitations. Camo skills & Silent Driving makes its good camo rating even better, I don't get spotted as much.

 

It is a very good tank. I'm currently sitting at 92% with it, but sadly I haven't been playing it at all...no need since the STA-2 Black exists...faster, virtually the same gun, only sees up to T9 and prints credits. Put my good crew back into the STB-1.


 


Unkempt #30 Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18970 battles
  • 4,098
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    01-20-2016

View PostSnorelacks, on 18 August 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

 

It is a very good tank. I'm currently sitting at 92% with it, but sadly I haven't been playing it at all...no need since the STA-2 Black exists...faster, virtually the same gun, only sees up to T9 and prints credits. Put my good crew back into the STB-1.

 

STA-2 is what the STA-1 wishes it could be. Tank is amazeballs.

 

 

YouTube

 

 "Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your BOOK!"


Hex Arcana #31 Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32140 battles
  • 2,014
  • [RTA]
  • Member since:
    02-19-2015
STA-2 is better? And here thought I was done giving WGCB money. 

SaltyMcD #32 Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:47 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 21740 battles
  • 2,815
  • Member since:
    12-21-2016
 STA 1 is a great tank .  Maybe it's just not the right fit for your playstyle ?  Don't be afraid to test the turret armor and use its mobility to get to strong positions before your teammates. 

“ Never trust a forum member that uses an Anime profile pic .”      - SaltyMcD 


Symbiot911 #33 Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36276 battles
  • 1,121
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014
I feel your pain. It's definately cursed with the ghost of Tojo or someone. Reminds me of my Stark, doesn't matter how good I do is almost a guaranteed loss yet when I have a crap game the team wins. The STA-1 looks like it should be able to be played in a similar style to the PTA but alas, I haven't managed anywhere near that. Hopefully it may be a little better when fully upgraded, but atm, it's a pos and although I don't care about stats as such, it's sure not helping my win rate either

Symbiot911 #34 Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:58 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36276 battles
  • 1,121
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View Postdesouza1971, on 25 July 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

I'm in no way shape or form a unicum but I just discovered love for my Black STA-2.

It doesn't have the CDC's mobility, taking longer to get to 40kmh, struggles going uphill and has no armor but it's such a fun tank with preferential matchmaking.

Definitely not a noob friendly tank but I'm clicking with it now. 

If the STA-1 is better, you shall have a blast once you get to know it. 

 

Nice to know you love BB....? (STA-1 of course) 

VoidedTrout950 #35 Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:06 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 43272 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    05-02-2014

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's a slow hard grind for me

 


signature.png

 

 


Symbiot911 #36 Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36276 battles
  • 1,121
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014
Ok, so this is starting to get out of hand. This tank has so little going for it that I just don't know if I should continue to push on with the grind. It's slow, doesn't seem to do too well in the camo or spotting stakes, and gets put in alot of T10 matches where if you aren't one shot, you'll more than likely be out in 2 or max 3 shots. I mean, even the tier 9 gun only does a measly 7mm more pen. I know that only puts it on par with the Obj 430 II, but at least that has a few more things going for it. Look at so many of the other t8 mediums and their performance. This thing is just doing my head in. So should I continue or try to preserve my sanity. And don't anyone tell me to 'git gud', only retarrds use retard writing. 

Symbiot911 #37 Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:43 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36276 battles
  • 1,121
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014
So after dissing out on this tank I go and have a1/2 decent 1800 plus 2 kill game. Admittedly it was a tier 8 game but at least I did better I suppose. Still hate it though

alex0lok #38 Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:56 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19287 battles
  • 961
  • [BUP]
  • Member since:
    02-01-2016

View PostSymbiot911, on 28 October 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

Ok, so this is starting to get out of hand. This tank has so little going for it that I just don't know if I should continue to push on with the grind. It's slow, doesn't seem to do too well in the camo or spotting stakes, and gets put in alot of T10 matches where if you aren't one shot, you'll more than likely be out in 2 or max 3 shots. I mean, even the tier 9 gun only does a measly 7mm more pen. I know that only puts it on par with the Obj 430 II, but at least that has a few more things going for it. Look at so many of the other t8 mediums and their performance. This thing is just doing my head in. So should I continue or try to preserve my sanity. And don't anyone tell me to 'git gud', only retarrds use retard writing. 

With the final package (tier IX gun) you also get the upgraded turret which finally gets you 10 degrees of gun depression. Previously during stock grind you only have 7, while that’s not bad as a tank with no armor the further gun depression helps.

 

STA-1 actually has very good camo for a medium tank at tier VIII. DPM is on the better end for same tier medium as well. Sure it isn’t fast and the gun handling is a bit derpy, but that’s Japanese mediums for you, if you hate the STA then you might as well give up.



Symbiot911 #39 Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:05 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36276 battles
  • 1,121
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014
Oh well, I'll soldier on. It's only a game after all

Snorelacks #40 Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:40 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27396 battles
  • 6,374
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-24-2014

View PostSymbiot911, on 01 November 2017 - 02:05 AM, said:

Oh well, I'll soldier on. It's only a game after all

 

I'd recommend seeing the grind through. The Type 61 is a pretty decent medium and the STB-1 at T10 is very enjoyable.

 

Disclaimer: I have my STA-1 sitting at 92.3% damage standing and haven't played it in months. I've already ground through the STB-1 and have my crew in that tank. Additionally, IMO the STA-2 is better in that it's faster, has the same 275mm HEAT round, only 6mm less standard AP pen, makes excellent silver and it only sees T9 due to it's PMM.


Edited by Snorelacks, 02 November 2017 - 03:40 AM.


 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users