Yes yes. ANOTHER, Arty change suggestion post.

Arty Change

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Firehawk894 #1 Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7195 battles
  • [BNKR]

Okay so listen, this isn't someone who wants all Arty to do only 1 damage with a splash radius of a nano-meter. This isn't about someone who thinks that all Arty should always be blue so they can be TK'd without penalty. I am someone who plays Arty but does have a few ideas from time to time about a couple of changes that could be made.

I've had the idea for a while that you load in to a battle in your chosen Arty as a "spotter/range-finder" for an off map Artillery battery of X guns. Each gun does low damage but all of them fire at where your shell lands, explained below.

Basically, here is how the firing sequence would go;

1) You fire a single shell from your selected Arty which lands in K5

2) Grid square K5 turns red on the map, indicating that the area is being targeted by artillery (friendly OR enemy)

3) You fire a second shot from your Arty, landing in K5 again.

4) A 15m diameter red circle appears on the map and physically (but faintly) on the ground where your shell landed, with your shell crater being the center of the square.

5) You fire your THIRD shell into the K5 area. When this shell hits, the red circle will shift to it's position and start blinking, indicating that an off-map Artillery battery is about to fire on THAT position, this would be accompanied by a verbal warning from the Tank Commander

6) After 5 seconds of the circle blinking, an off screen Artillery battery will fire X amount of shots into that circle, with a very small splash radius, but differing damage based of the Arty that you are driving.

This is only a suggestion, but I have put in place 3 different warning systems that will blatantly show where Artillery is aiming. Obviously there are no damage values for the off screen batteries, but I don't want to go too in depth with that. Who knows, maybe someone from WG staff will see this and tell me what they think? ...Probably not.

Asvpgxldie #2 Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:51 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7590 battles
Arties are balanced

SGT Rock 1963 #3 Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:00 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 12844 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostAsvpgxldie, on 03 December 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

Arties are balanced

​LoL.:arta: +1 for the chuckle.

SGT_Rock_1963   On mixer, Leave a follow. 

Maximos92 #4 Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:06 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14955 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostFirehawk894, on 03 December 2016 - 11:25 PM, said:

Okay so listen, this isn't someone who wants all Arty to do only 1 damage with a splash radius of a nano-meter. This isn't about someone who thinks that all Arty should always be blue so they can be TK'd without penalty. I am someone who plays Arty but does have a few ideas from time to time about a couple of changes that could be made.

I've had the idea for a while that you load in to a battle in your chosen Arty as a "spotter/range-finder" for an off map Artillery battery of X guns. Each gun does low damage but all of them fire at where your shell lands, explained below.

2) Grid square K5 turns red on the map, indicating that the area is being targeted by artillery (friendly OR enemy)

4) A 15m diameter red circle appears on the map and physically (but faintly) on the ground where your shell landed, with your shell crater being the center of the square.

5) You fire your THIRD shell into the K5 area. When this shell hits, the red circle will shift to it's position and start blinking, indicating that an off-map Artillery battery is about to fire on THAT position, this would be accompanied by a verbal warning from the Tank Commander

6) After 5 seconds of the circle blinking, an off screen Artillery battery will fire X amount of shots into that circle, with a very small splash radius, but differing damage based of the Arty that you are driving.

This is only a suggestion, but I have put in place 3 different warning systems that will blatantly show where Artillery is aiming. Obviously there are no damage values for the off screen batteries, but I don't want to go too in depth with that. Who knows, maybe someone from WG staff will see this and tell me what they think? ...Probably not.

This is all based under the assumption that people actually look at their mini map. Would also be a bit broken, if there is a bottle neck, you just kind of spam 3 shots into that area, and wait for the off map arty to do the work.

WhealeMadder #5 Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:57 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5939 battles

At least  this would have some basis in reality regarding how arty would have been used during the time periods these tanks were in existence.  There were no anti tank missles until the cold war.  Maybe in tier ten you could have tow missiles, but not in the rest of the tiers. What I mean is that arty now acts likean anti tank missle in all tiers and it's just ridiculous.  There is absolutely no realistic precedent for the way that arty is currently implemented.  Arty has never been an anti tank weapon.   

I am so sick of arty it really makes the game uunenjoyable.Why is it still in the game??

JustinOfTheUSA #6 Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16537 battles
  • [A7CAV]

View PostFirehawk894, on 03 December 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

this part right here

Regular Tanks Tanks: T49 • T20 · T54E1 • Conqueror • Tortoise • Indian-Pz. • Panther II · VK 100.01 P AMX 12 t · AMX M4 45 • T-54 • IS · ST-I  T-10 • T34-2 • O-HO • Ivk 65 II · 40TP

Premium Tanks: Blitzen • Freedom • T14 • Pz V/IV • Hammer  • Champion M4 • T-34-88 • Fatherland • Dragon King Dragon

Tier Tens: T110E5 • T110E3 • E-100 • IS-7

Updated March 28, 2019

PENETRATION

Firehawk894 #7 Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7195 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostJustinOfTheUSA, on 04 December 2016 - 03:22 AM, said:

this part right here

What about it?

Firehawk894 #8 Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7195 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMaximos92, on 04 December 2016 - 12:06 AM, said:

This is all based under the assumption that people actually look at their mini map. Would also be a bit broken, if there is a bottle neck, you just kind of spam 3 shots into that area, and wait for the off map arty to do the work.

You forget to take into account the reload times of certain Arties. But like I said, I'm not really qualified to say what the reload times and damage should be, that's open for suggestions in this thread

Alone Leaf Hag #9 Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:49 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 1019 battles

The longer I play WoT the more I hate arty and the more I prefer playing mediums. That trend is very common among the best players in the game. For every good player that likes arty there's a 100 who hate arty. I started out playing arty almost exclusively and ~18k combined games later I only own an SPG on two accounts neither of which I play often.

Arty is a noobs preferred tool, an incompetent's preferred tool. You sit in the back clicking with almost zero effort required. And for that reason arty is going nowhere, they won't change or remove a class that is a crutch for thousands of paying scrubs. I don't bother wasting time anymore trying to talk sense into them. Arty is here to stay unfortunately. 

The only thing the player base could do is make playing arty frustrating as hell. 

Uncivilized Unhinged Unchecked

Also tagged with Arty, Change

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users