Message from Lead Game Designer Jeff Gregg - Any further use for other in game economies?

feedback developers stream chuji

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
155 replies to this topic

wamjr1971 #141 Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:01 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7490 battles
  • [-OFF-]

Ok, I know this may sound a little lame but how about with some of these weak [edited]tanks you were able to buy just one upgrade with gold be it the armor, or gun

maybe tiers 3 thru 7 and no premiums. When you have to grind thru some of the worst tanks in the game and all you would need to make bearable is one upgrade. Just think about I am not talking making the tanks overpowered but just enough to make it fun. 

Chimonakimi #142 Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22509 battles
  • [_MLG_]

View PostSymbiot911, on 26 January 2017 - 02:49 AM, said:

Idiot 

That is the overwhelming opinion.

OSIRIS v2 #143 Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9505 battles
  • [BOSS]

Financially I'd like to see it tougher on veterans and more forgiving to newcomers. I've a friend and brother new to WoT and they'd like to support the game and purchase tanks. However with some tanks being notoriously terrible and others being borderline OP, they struggle to commit without asking me tonnes of questions! A simple 'this tank is for grinding silver' this tank is for better xp' and 'this tanks is premium in performance' would be really helpful to them.

I fortunately take full advantage of this forum so know what to buy and what not to buy whilst also researching multipliers. Often when asked in game about black edition tanks when I explain why I purchased it, the majority of players, some very good at the game, have no idea about multipliers and the likes.

Just my opinion/input. Hope it contributes in some way to improving WoT.

View PostReaperJonUSMC, on 25 January 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

Instead of having to submit a ticket to re-purchase the tech tree tanks you sold. Why don't you just make it so that the instant you sell the tech tree tank it will list the reduced re-purchase (a.k.a the price you sold the vehicle for.) price on the tech tree itself. Of course i'm talking about only non premiums.   

This ^^^ is a very good suggestion imo.

View PostRaiBOT01, on 06 December 2016 - 03:53 PM, said:

This game is all about keeping the community big and happy and filled with exciting cool stuff and listening to them to make great content and improvements.

Prove that statement true by creating a poll to let us vote on OUR happiness with OUR gameplay expert? Also put yourself on the poll if you think I'm being personal. I believe you'd be fine and the expert would be replaced for the better of the game and forum users represented.

EDIT: Feel I should mention the poll has zero value to myself and imo the community unless the votes are public ;)

Edited by OSIRIS v2, 26 January 2017 - 11:38 AM.

vipersig.jpg

TripleFFFG #144 Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34133 battles
I would also like to see the XP earned on tanks being able to purchase free XP with silver. Make it by nation if you want.... Also when bundles are offered like the Germany bundle currently, I would like the purchase reduced in Gold not refunded in Silver , for example If I purchase the Germany bundle , already own the hammer , just charge me for the other two tanks.

upstart18 #145 Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11798 battles
  • [12PZR]
Love the ideas from Darth Tetris and SPCCN. Let me swap out my permanent camos.  Let me do SOMETHING with all that XP I have sitting on elite tanks without having to necessarily use gold.  Most of all, I'd love to be able to personalize my tanks- with silver or xp would be great.   I have no problem pulling out my wallet to help support this game, especially if I see you guys working to truly give me some "free" ways to personalize the experience.

KrZy KamiKaze #146 Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:11 AM

Private

• Players
  • 16282 battles
  • [D_O_W]

View Postplayer524, on 07 December 2016 - 05:17 AM, said:

If your not on stop taking away 

Premium time. It should only be taken when used. 

That or give us the choice when we go into the game if we want to use our premium time. Some of us have families and jobs. Others have school. We can't be on 24/7 365. It's bad after working a 60 hr week because of shortness of staff and you just want to sit back, relax, and play the game and find out that the week of premium time you had is gone and you can't really play your X tier tanks because you'll loose to much. 

Come on, can't you give the little guy a break?

SCREAMOsaviour #147 Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:41 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10641 battles

View Postookpik13, on 07 December 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

Would it be possible to adjust the “rng” for players after say 10,000 games or at tier nine or ten?  The game seems to be slipping into high roll matches or low roll matches.  It doesn’t have the feel it had during the original x-box release.  Any plans to at least give more of a level dice roll anytime in the future?    

Not to sound rude but this is a terrible idea and is unrelated to the topic.

'preferential rng' would punish new players and completely ruin tank balancing (imagine artillery being 15% more accurate)

It would also make the game more boring as you lose all of the highs Aswell as the lows think about those awesome high rolls or lucky pens or those shots that magically follow your target even though you aimed poorly.

Sorry to disagree but I truly think this would be a bad idea for the game as a whole 

SCREAMOsaviour #148 Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10641 battles

View PostMuttzNutts, on 06 December 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

i feel that so people know where i stand i should say that i have over 10million convertable xp and all the tier 10s i was hungery for so this is of great interest to me.
also RaiBOT01 if you check my account you'll see i'm not shy when it comes to spending money on the game. but this is a choice i make to increase my enjoyment and help support the game i love. if it becomes pay to win i will have issues with that.

i like on pc that on elite tanks xp earned can be used for extra crew training. thats any elite tanks not just prems and its free so no pay to win. also has the side effect of limiting free xp build up that people use to free xp through lines to noob it up at tier10 which is a hated thing of seasoned players. this i expect would stack with the crew/xp boosts and up your sales of them due to there new usefullness.
converting old xp into crew xp is getting into the pay to win area but it would be another income stream so i guess its going to happen. please set the exchange rate so that its not worth it to 99% of players to "buy" skills after the first 4. that would mean those that value 6th can get it quicker and the whales can pay for... well whatever really.
as converting tank xp to free xp is 1 to 25 and 1st skill is 100,800xp that works out at just over 1 large gold pack per skill but still cheap enough for somebody with a prem tank with extra crew training (as above) and maybe a few x6 crew boosts to splash a bit of gold to get 1st skill a lot quicker.
i feel that is the best most realistic ballance for both income for the game, benefit to players, avoiding the majorty of pay to win claims and accusations of milking players as they get something for free.

ps good luck, hope all this works out for you.

As probably the ultimate wallet warrior owning 97 premium tanks (not including my premiums on ps4) I agree with everything you've said.

Not sure on directly paying gold to train crews but I have no opposition to people taking advantage of boost ops in order to obtain more elite tank xp to convert into crew xp.

I'll add some further thoughts on silver.

I don't think any of the suggestions regarding silver should be implemented.

Whilst there are some in theory good suggestions such as selling ammo or raising premium ammo costs there will be issues that you wouldn't have thought about.

For example say you can sell unwanted ammo , what's to stop me fully loading premium ammo when discounted and selling unwanted ammo at full price? I have 138 tanks on xbox imagine how much profit I could make which would be unfair on those that cannot afford so many tanks.

On a positive note I think premium consumables should be available for purchase more than one at a time and should be discounted occasionally 

For example if I wanted to take advantage of a premium consumable sale I have to buy food on a tank by tank basis which again I have 138 tanks so can better take advantage of the discount than most.

Having the ability to stockpile consumables would promote either premium tank grinding sessions or encourage the purchase of silver should someone be so inclined to do so.

I think this is the best balance between running a successful business and keeping consumers happy 

Regards 

SCREAMOSAVIOUR

for those sad enough to check how many premiums I have on ps4 my psn is sweeney666999 (I can't even remember how many I think I have all the founders tanks and T34 88)  

DragonSlayer SE #149 Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 35637 battles
  • [STRV]
Use silver för permanent emblems and cammo

DragonSlayer SE #150 Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:11 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 35637 battles
  • [STRV]
I have too many manual fireextinflichers 2000+
I vanna sell some or gift to clan

DevilCry4u #151 Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:06 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4878 battles
There should be an option to convert elite exp gained from tier 10 tanks from silver instead of having to spend real money. The reason I  say tier 10 is because currently unless you are willing to spend £100 to convert 200,000 exp it's just accumulating higher and higher for nothing. It just looks stupid. another option would be the same conversion rate you see with gold > silver. 

Gadoguz94 #152 Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:16 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 14978 battles

1. Make xp convertable with silver or at least usable on the next tank in the line for the first package

2.Retraining skills for silver (1 million silver per skill or so)

3. Garage slots for silver (5-10 million silver each so that you really need to work your [edited]off to get them without paying)

4. Make an option to sell ammo or consumables for 70% of the price (silver only of course)

At least add certain "events" during which these things will be available for silver but announce them in a timely manner so that people can prepare 

Thingaa #153 Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:12 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8411 battles
  • [PCP]

I'd love to see crew/xp boosts made cheaper, or available through ops more often and in larger quantity so we can stack them a bit. It doesn't have to be ridiculous but being able to stack 3-5 crew xp ops a day through ops would make crew grinding more bearable. Making them cheaper would make me more inclined to buy, as there is to much risk of having a string of bad games and blowing all that gold for nothing.

BlueDemon102 #154 Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:50 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8425 battles
  • [SNO]

1. I, like many tankers have tons on unused xp. 

So I'm with you guys on spending silver to convert to free xp.

2. I like the idea of customizing my garage so it has a more "this is my garage" kind of feel. Putting it on my favorite map would be even better because of the view. And maybe being able to line up my favorite tanks to view in the garage background. Hanging banners and being able to place different objects around the garage would be cool too. Being able to move the camera around the garage for different angles and to see the outside background view is something I'd like to see in game.

3. Let us customize our tanks more. Give us more then 1 location that we can put emblems and inscriptions. And also make more inscriptions for USA tanks. On British tanks I can put "Junior" on the side or where ever and wish I could put that same inscription on my USA tanks. I'm a Junior by the way.

4.I like the idea of buying a permanent camo slot and being able to change between the different color styles for that slot. It would also be cool to be able to buy an all weather camo. 

Can't think of anything else at the moment. 

MechanicKarma97 #155 Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:42 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 15196 battles

1:New Universal Currency

I was wondering if for the 3.6 update we could have an added currency or economic reform. As many of the experienced or veteran players may know most of us have loads of unused convertible XP just laying around, I myself have around 7 million. I was wondering if we could have an additional currency added that could be used as an in game universal payment system that would allow the player to increase EXP on crew allowing for an increased speed in accumulating perks or mastering a tank, it would also be able to be converted to silver and free XP. Now I know this sound overpowered but the currency would only be converted with a major trade off of convertible XP. I'd say something like 30k XP for 3k of the new currency which would be worth 25% of a full tank mastery, 270k in silver or 30k free XP. I'm not sure what the new currency would be called but "Titanium" might work.(However players must have at least 150 games played in order to unlock this currency which would stop complete noobs from getting high tiers even faster).

End result: 10k converted XP-1k of titanium

850 or $5 of gold-3k of titanium

1k of titanium- 90k in silver

3k of titanium-30k free xp

3k of titanium-25% of full tank mastery

Note:Titanium could only be unlocked after 150 battles and is only accumulated by converting XP or gold, that stops total noobs from getting high tier tanks.

Just a few other ideas

2:Silver for free XP

It would be nice to be able to covert silver for free XP. Say something like 5k silver for 500 free XP.

3:Free XP or Elite tank XP for crew XP

It would be awesome to be able to convert free XP or elite tank XP for crew XP which would allow for a much faster progression in accumulating perks and tank mastery.

SGT Hawkens117 #156 Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16777 battles
  • [L3GN]

View PostcoIgatemaxfresh, on 07 December 2016 - 08:49 PM, said:

Being able to gift people gold, silver, and premium tanks!!!!

Yes

Also tagged with feedback, developers, stream, chuji

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users