• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

Sovietdeath #21 Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:41 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13948 battles
  • [-RE-]

View Postanglosaxon_33, on 09 December 2016 - 04:35 AM, said:

Ranked battles are (should be) about the individual. If, as you say, it is about "competitive play" and playing to get a win, then it is just a random battle.

A ranked battle system should be judging the player as a single unit within the team irrespective of what the team around him do. If the player does X amount of damage that exceeds the expectations of the chosen tank, but the team harvests potatoes, then that player shouldn't be penalised.

Play any other game that has similar rankings, wins always matter

Also if one has a team of potatoes they would likely have a poor team rank so they would actually lose only a small amount of points on a loss and if individual effort is decent as stated by wg then the player would lose next to nothing

But in all ranked battle games ive ever seen; Cod, Destiny, Overwatch, & WoWS you still need to win.

anglosaxon_33 #22 Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:48 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11871 battles
  • [CPTSG]

View PostSovietdeath, on 09 December 2016 - 09:41 AM, said:

Play any other game that has similar rankings, wins always matter

Also if one has a team of potatoes they would likely have a poor team rank so they would actually lose only a small amount of points on a loss and if individual effort is decent as stated by wg then the player would lose next to nothing

But in all ranked battle games ive ever seen; Cod, Destiny, Overwatch, & WoWS you still need to win.

This isn't COD, Destiny or any other game: this is WoT. This game is set up towards the individual. The ranked battles should reflect this. A streak of 10 individual awesome matches without a win should not see that player lose out on any points whatsoever. None at all.

Tanks with 3 MOE's: T37, M6, T67.

Sovietdeath #23 Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:16 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13948 battles
  • [-RE-]

View Postanglosaxon_33, on 09 December 2016 - 04:48 AM, said:

This isn't COD, Destiny or any other game: this is WoT. This game is set up towards the individual. The ranked battles should reflect this. A streak of 10 individual awesome matches without a win should not see that player lose out on any points whatsoever. None at all.

Hmmmm? Your argument makes no sense. All these games are Team Based, not geared towards the individual. Even wot is clearly team oriented.

anglosaxon_33 #24 Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:26 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11871 battles
  • [CPTSG]

View PostSovietdeath, on 09 December 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

Hmmmm? Your argument makes no sense. All these games are Team Based, not geared towards the individual. Even wot is clearly team oriented.

You clearly haven't understood. I never said the other games weren't team based.

To put the argument as clear and concise as possible; ranked battles should reward the individual contribution irrespective of the "team" result.

A player pulling out unicum results every game and not winning should not be losing any points at all. As it currently is the system is punishing players for having the bad luck of being with players playing badly.

Sovietdeath #25 Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:31 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13948 battles
  • [-RE-]

View Postanglosaxon_33, on 09 December 2016 - 05:26 AM, said:

You clearly haven't understood. I never said the other games weren't team based.

To put the argument as clear and concise as possible; ranked battles should reward the individual contribution irrespective of the "team" result.

A player pulling out unicum results every game and not winning should not be losing any points at all. As it currently is the system is punishing players for having the bad luck of being with players playing badly.

Once you are ranked, if you lose against an unranked player or low ranking team you will lose alot of points even with individual efforts, but only until the system levels out, then individual efforts will both earn more points on a win and less loss of points on a loss all the way to a zero point lost total, but you have to let the ranks populate 1st. 

Which is why once I'm ranked i wont play again till Sat/Sunday many of the teams your gonna face right now will both net you less points on a win and more points lost on a loss.

You have to let the system actually get going before judging it.

anglosaxon_33 #26 Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11871 battles
  • [CPTSG]

View PostSovietdeath, on 09 December 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

Once you are ranked, if you lose against an unranked player or low ranking team you will lose alot of points even with individual efforts, but only until the system levels out, then individual efforts will both earn more points on a win and less loss of points on a loss all the way to a zero point lost total, but you have to let the ranks populate 1st. 

Which is why once I'm ranked i wont play again till Sat/Sunday many of the teams your gonna face right now will both net you less points on a win and more points lost on a loss.

You have to let the system actually get going before judging it.

Clearly it is a broken system. Not surprising really.

Sovietdeath #27 Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:39 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13948 battles
  • [-RE-]

View Postanglosaxon_33, on 09 December 2016 - 05:36 AM, said:

Clearly it is a broken system. Not surprising really.

how is it a broken system, if it hasent been populated yet? It slow to start but its fine once populated

PS: This is still a Beta as its not finalized but it does not mean its a broken system

anglosaxon_33 #28 Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:46 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11871 battles
  • [CPTSG]

View PostSovietdeath, on 09 December 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

how is it a broken system, if it hasent been populated yet? It slow to start but its fine once populated

I clearly pointed out what is broken with the system in the last post I made.

Sovietdeath #29 Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13948 battles
  • [-RE-]

View Postanglosaxon_33, on 09 December 2016 - 05:46 AM, said:

I clearly pointed out what is broken with the system in the last post I made.

and i posted that its only until the system populates and is something to be both expected and completely avoidable.

So its not broken. Also still a team game where winning matters in competitive play which ranked battles is.

anglosaxon_33 #30 Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:51 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11871 battles
  • [CPTSG]

View PostSovietdeath, on 09 December 2016 - 10:47 AM, said:

and i posted that its only until the system populates and is something to be both expected and completely avoidable.

So its not broken. Also still a team game where winning matters in competitive play which ranked battles is.

lol So, when it "settles down" will a unicum performance within a team loss result in a loss of points or a gain of points?

Have a think about your answer to that within the whole scope of the previous discussion between ourselves.

Sovietdeath #31 Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:00 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13948 battles
  • [-RE-]

View Postanglosaxon_33, on 09 December 2016 - 05:51 AM, said:

lol So, when it "settles down" will a unicum performance within a team loss result in a loss of points or a gain of points?

Have a think about your answer to that within the whole scope of the previous discussion between ourselves.

It will lead to no changes in points, or a much smaller loss in points, since it was a loss, the player still needs to secure a win since that is the objective of this mode, if one does not want to win he should stay in the regular game modes.

Sovietdeath #32 Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:02 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13948 battles
  • [-RE-]
No one should get points just because they were the best loser. It would lose the whole point of the mode.

Yo ohso #33 Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:03 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 25487 battles
  • [TNT]

I'm not understanding this ranked business.

So you have an individual rank.. let’s say gold for argument sake, does this mean you are placed with other players of similar rank and the opposing team also of similar rank?

Or can gold or whatever higher or lower divisions be placed on any team? So it's basically just like playing random battles but you get points

Join [TNT] << 

www.tankstats.net 

Sovietdeath #34 Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:06 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13948 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostYo ohso, on 09 December 2016 - 06:03 AM, said:

I'm not understanding this ranked business.

So you have an individual rank.. let’s say gold for argument sake, does this mean you are placed with other players of similar rank and the opposing team also of similar rank?

Or can gold or whatever higher or lower divisions be placed on any team? So it's basically just like playing random battles but you get points

All the information can be found here

https://console.worl...-battles-test2/

anglosaxon_33 #35 Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:08 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11871 battles
  • [CPTSG]

View PostSovietdeath, on 09 December 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

It will lead to no changes in points, or a much smaller loss in points, since it was a loss, the player still needs to secure a win since that is the objective of this mode, if one does not want to win he should stay in the regular game modes.

I have a funny feeling you will see a lot of that.

Sovietdeath #36 Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:10 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13948 battles
  • [-RE-]

View Postanglosaxon_33, on 09 December 2016 - 06:08 AM, said:

I have a funny feeling you will see a lot of that.

Good then maybe they might make changes but for now it is what it is, system is Unfavorable to some people but its not a broken system.

anglosaxon_33 #37 Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:18 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11871 battles
  • [CPTSG]

View PostSovietdeath, on 09 December 2016 - 11:10 AM, said:

Good then maybe they might make changes but for now it is what it is, system is Unfavorable to some people but its not a broken system.

It is broken. There's no argument there. They won't make changes. This beta II is just like beta I, but without the enthusiasm.

RuneViking560 #38 Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:38 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12557 battles
It says in the blurb, battles /test2 that we are rated against the other team. What is it that we are rated with,how is the rating arrived at. It's all tier 5 so shouldn't it be,in general, allmost equal. This is another reason not to have premium ammo.

XxLongSleevesxX #39 Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:10 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11121 battles

PROS

• ​Tier equality - only able to use Tier V tanks.
  • Smaller team size - 10 vs. 15.
  • Improvement over the previous Ranked Battles.

CONS

• Certain tanks seem to dominate the battles and are frequently used - T67, O-I, Chaffee.
  • Tanks (KV-1) didn't perform the same as it did normally, with about 10 skills/perks on a fully trained crew?
  • Found that both my T67 and KV-1 would bounce perpendicular full side shots on medium and light tanks - another player in that match had the same issue on that tank. 
  • If you play "next battle" after a match, the matchmaking often shuffles the last group and you are then playing with people that you may have just destroyed, or playing against people you just worked cooperatively with.
  • There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the scoring - you take 2 steps forward points/ranking wise and then in one battle you take 3 steps back and drop a level?
  • Because of the lower Tier, you had a large range of experience levels in one battle - this isn't a fair match. 
  • Often heard frustrated players complaining in game chat because of inexperienced players or over experienced players.
  • Have better distribution of tank types in a match - in one match the teams had 4 Artillery, another had 6 Tank Destroyers?
  • Teams will race to the flag and capture it for a win and are guaranteed points?

SUGGESTIONS

• Keep Tier equality and allow players to choose what Tier they wish to battle in - but keep a span of ranges that allows the widest player availability (Tier 5-8 maybe).
  • Match make according to players stats (experience/ability) - this further levels the playing field instead of having very skilled players using a Tier V tank with a crew that has 15 Skills/Perks playing against a new player that has almost no experience.
  • Skill level match making keeps people competitive and avoids turning people away because they get frustrated.
  • Adjust the scoring system so that players are awarded points based on their participation in the battle (Kills, Capture Points, Spots, Critical hits, Penetrations).
  • Adjust points system in a way so that players don't "take 1 step forward & 2 steps back".
  • Keep improving and keep up the good work!

I have tried to be objective and provide solutions to the things I thought were issues.  I also realize with such a wide array of players, its almost  impossible to "make everyone happy all the time".

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."   - John 15:13 KJV

HeavyKaragh #40 Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:52 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 41686 battles
  • [BAC]

View Postanglosaxon_33, on 09 December 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

I, I, I, me, me, me, 

Yes, very constructive.

Also tagged with developer, feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users