developer feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic

TheL3tt3rT #61 Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14048 battles

View PostUnbudgingHarp79, on 08 December 2016 - 07:21 PM, said:

Same problem with the points / XP as the normal game. Do nothing in a win and get points. Do great in a loss and you are penalized.

Points should be based on your performance with a small percentage bonus for a win.

Far too win focussed.

I agree. Played my intro matches and 3 of them ended with cap losses.
-Ubique-

Z0MB13A55A51N #62 Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:11 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 57919 battles
  • [C-GUL]
These games should not be based on wins.  It should be based on your how well you do not the rest of your team.  It is so very hard to try to climb up in the ranking no matter how good you are doing when you keep getting put on losing teams.  I have got 26 points in a winning match where I did 188 damage and only killed one tank.  And on the other hand I have done 2600 damage and killed 6 tanks in a lose and got -3 points.  In what way is that fair? 

Sadriel Fett #63 Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:32 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 22999 battles

View PostXTINCT ONE NL, on 09 December 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

Played over 50 matches in gold rank division but got no medal ??

Yeah, haven't gotten any medals for playing, either.  Do we not get them until after it's over?

"Prepare for battle, reach for glory, and plan for blood." ~~ The Sovereign

HeavyKaragh #64 Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 49015 battles

View PostSadriel Fett, on 09 December 2016 - 10:32 PM, said:

Yeah, haven't gotten any medals for playing, either.  Do we not get them until after it's over?

They haven't announced any medal.

Phobosfactor4 #65 Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:59 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 25864 battles
  • [207HP]
10v10 is fun for light tanks......it allows for more maneuver. The scarcity of arty is another nice bonus.

You can have your VC tanks, I'll take the Yamato II because balance.

Not that proud #66 Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17494 battles

Is there problem with crew training? I played a few games in ranked battles and then decided to move a different crew into my M4. I set them at 75% and played one game. That got them to 76%. Then I went back to multiplayer in order to use my other premiums to train them up. Despite winning multiple games, they are still at 76%. 

Edit. Nvm. It worked itself out. Must have been displaying incorrectly. 

Sadriel Fett #67 Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:47 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 22999 battles

View PostHeavyKaragh, on 09 December 2016 - 04:40 PM, said:

They haven't announced any medal.

These are the honorary rank medals on our Stats page.  You get one for playing 20 ranked games and one for 50 ranked games.  My 20 games hadn't popped, yet, so I was wondering if it didn't show up until after the event was over.

"Prepare for battle, reach for glory, and plan for blood." ~~ The Sovereign

anglosaxon_33 #68 Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:17 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11880 battles
  • [CPTSG]

View PostSadriel Fett, on 09 December 2016 - 11:47 PM, said:

These are the honorary rank medals on our Stats page.  You get one for playing 20 ranked games and one for 50 ranked games.  My 20 games hadn't popped, yet, so I was wondering if it didn't show up until after the event was over.

That medal(s) are/were awarded from the previous beta of ranked battles. This beta will only gain you silver rewards.

Tanks with 3 MOE's: T37, M6, T67.

Not that proud #69 Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17494 battles
At this point, my main feedback is that you have to change the balance. People play either tier 5 lights, which are perceived as strong, or heavy tanks, or broken Premiums like the KV-220 and the Pz. 5/4.  If you do this at tier 5 for a season, you need to block tier 5 lights, some premiums, and disallow the derp packages on various tanks, including the O-I Exp., the M4, and the KV tanks. They're not really fun or fair to fight against.

Way2ez4u2 #70 Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:18 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 40052 battles
  • [NFTG]
At minimum, the top 3 players on the losing team shouldn't lose points for the loss. Should just be zero.

ricke813 #71 Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:55 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37215 battles
First I read was about bugs and I remember a stone bug. On Fishermans bay at the area on the field with one house or whatever it is on south/west side I think. You can not shot at the side of the stone. (The stone is invisible for 2-3 meters where you cant shoot thru it).

And honestly I would see that you implement Clan Wars instead of Ranked Battles. Ranked Battles are bad all over :/

Smeagoljp #72 Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:57 AM

Private

• Players
  • 15275 battles
Well, the problems with ranked are the same problems we have with vanilla.  That's joining a match and having a majority of your shots bounce off near perfect 90° broadsides while you can't deflect a single shot with your front armor.  That's having people on your team not interested in playing as a team - ever.  That's not being able to decide and clearly dictate whether you reward or penalize a player based on his or her personal performance or that of the team as a whole.  See point about players who have no wish to play as a team.  If you really want this to be about team play, quit rewarding silver and XP!  Let those of us who give a **** about teamwork play without those ******* farmers.  Give rewards at the end of the session or season.  Find a way to group players into teams on a league and division.  As in, I get ranked, I get randomly placed onto team gold, and I always get matched with players of my league and division that are also on team gold against players on team red or green or blue, so that we all work as a team and advance to some degree as a team.  OR. Quit penalizing a player after matching him with useless ****alls that say, "you play your game, I'll play mine." What does that even mean?  How are we not playing the same game?!  So really guys, figure your game out.  No rolling a 1 and missing a perfect shot.  A gun is a gun.  It points the way it's facing.  A shot with X penetration will penetrate X amount of armor on a perpendicular shot.  Quit putting holes in my tank from shallow angles where the point of the round could never possibly make contact first.  Bullets don't penetrate sideways.  Quit putting holes in the top of my turret when the enemy tank shot UP from a lower level plane than the surface they supposedly hit.  Really, it should be easy.  I'd have to draw pictures to make it more clear.  Then, when you've got that crap figured out, decide whether "RANKED" means you are ranking ME on MY skills and performance, or MY TEAM on OUR skills and performance.  If the former, reward points based on my contribution, activity, and performance.  If the latter, put me in a team pool so that I'm working with a larger overall team and working to advance US up the ladder.  Make them all team death match, and do NOT reward anything for inactive players and campers, and do NOT provide incentives such as silver and XP for those who are interested only in getting free or easy rewards and fixed tier matching.

II Lieut Dan #73 Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:06 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 16083 battles

My take on Ranked Battles

Enjoy :bush:

"Never, never, never give up."-Winston Churchill

My YouTube channel

Aelgyn #74 Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:30 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 13801 battles

I played the introductory 5 games to qualify for Gold League (2 wins, 3 losses), then I played 4 more games (1 win, 3 losses).

Each loss led to a loss of points as well - my performance could only minimize the loss, not eliminate it. A win could cover for several controlled losses, but progress seemed tedious. I think -7 was my best loss. I also remember another -24 loss and a 51 win.

Good parts:

• it's different from the multiplayer game
  • you can finally use lights to do serious damage
  • not as much artillery as in regular games

Parts that need improvement:

1. there just isn't much incentive for playing this mode. I lost silver in several losses and wins were paltry too. I can make more silver and XP playing multiplayer at higher tiers. There need to be some interesting Ops and better rewards for those that beta test this mode (because that's what we're really doing now).

2. progress is slow and is dependent on team performance more than on individual skills. Sure, your performance will minimize the loss, but you can't really win points on a loss through a good performance - you need wins to progress. And yes, playing consistently will advance you, but slowly. Combined with the lack of incentive, this mode just doesn't pay off.

3. we really need a clearer explanation in the PBR or somewhere about what led to the score. This game always seems to have trouble explaining to players how things work. Without an explanation, the scoring just feels whimsical. Why did I get 51 points on a win? Was the other team rated as lame, did I not do enough damage in the game - what exactly is the logic?

Add all these issues together and there really is not much reason to spend time in this mode. So I'm back to multiplayer.

WOLFEMAN666 #75 Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:20 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20507 battles
  • [DARK]
I think ranked battles was a good idea distroyed but the fack an old person from any league can be on your team and there is no way to know if they are iron or grand master in my first 5 game i won 3/5 and only lost cos of team mates who think is a good i dea to all goo 100% one way into an open field and stop. Its ok people are not the best at the game but when your personal rateing is impacted by them its huge. Alson rewards are not good end of season needs to be at leas double silver and if you go up a division or leuge you sould be rewarded.and got really bored quick let us 2 or 3 man up with 15 vs 15 and jave the match maker not mach by battle weigh and match by skill ie 5 gold 5 silver and 5 bronze players by team and just put an icon next to peoples names also i would limit light tanks to 2 and arty too 2 as well.

YosemiteAnemone #76 Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27035 battles

This seems much as it was at the end of the last test.

My concern, and I'm sure many will disagree, is that it's TOO EASY to advance to higher leagues.

An 8 game win streak will advance you to the next league, pretty consistently.

I know that doesn't sound "easy", but given enough attempts, even an AFK can pull it off.

So even if you lose 100 in a row, if you win the next 8, you advance.    This doesn't really differentiate players based on their skill level, just their persistence.

KADE TXS #77 Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11632 battles

Tell pain to get off his [edited]and do what he says for once and answer this thread:

http://forum-console...nt/page__st__80

Arty, Td's, Servers, all working as intended.  

Everything else, soon™.

GUGS GUNNY #78 Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15937 battles

View PostSymbiot911, on 09 December 2016 - 01:15 AM, said:

I don't think it's too bad so far and yes, I found out pretty quick that firing premium ammo is very beneficial although quite foreign to me as i very rarely use it, hence I used my Pz v/iv in most of the first 5 matches. One thing I wanted to ask is, are the tanks running with all the perks, skills and equipment active? I just felt that the performance of my pz 5/4 felt quite sluggish. That could be purely because i haven't played it in quite a while and thought it was better than it is. (It's still a good tank). I ended up doing well in it after adjusting my play style, but one of the guys i platoon with said he thinks that WG have made it so that every tank plays without the perks and equipment active to make it a more even contest. Any truth in this? Or are we all just imagining it? Because I'm not the only one out of my friends that have noticed a perceived performance drop. We just can't work out if it is real or imagined. 

WARNING: comment/rant follows.

So WG, Looks like there was a good bit of constructive feedback here. Good players still hate being in matches with those who rather cruise around the map and chat about tanks in their garage and their sister's allergy (while other teammates are being blown to smithereens) than focus on winning at all cost. Check their stats? .79 DMG and .60 K/D.  (Broke my headset. Prob won't get another...I'd only get another ban from MS.)

So why torture us with this? Make the divisions/leagues based on stats you already have, yes? DMG ratios and K/D ratios and XP earned. WinRate is great for bragging, but it suffers from potato drag and RNG. You can't get a RADLEY every game.You can't carry every game. You can't always be "GUD." WinRate is a secondary stat. If you can get off to a good careerstart, and then lay back and snipe and play "clean-up" for most of your games, you may be able to influence a lot of outcomes and thereby get more wins, because full health usually beats 2 limping Spartans. You'll have high WN8 too. Also, those who get their WinRate up early enough in their careers don't suffer the swings from bad streaks as much because the overall percentages of wins and losses to move in either direction increase with the number of games.( 1% of 20,000 means winning or losing 200 games to move up or down a percent in your winrate vs. 30 games up or down at 3000 games.)   Along the way, those terrible days with players who do nothing but YOLO or BRICK (Barge Right In Clown Killed) (Why is there no "MORON" button on the radial dial/) will keep average players like myself, with about 6000 games or so, from moving up on merit. Please...just throw me in with the UNICUMS. I won't mind getting my butt beat by good players...maybe I'll "get gud" too. Preferable to playing with scrubs who mostly die in 3 minutes and do 0 damage. Really hard to win in 8 against 2 with half health.

As for this test...it's over. Seeing too many OP tanks like the above poster who pull out their OP Panzer V/IV tanks that were getting rusty just to up their performance. So what happens when they play in a regular or underpowered tank at Platinum Level AND THEY'RE ON YOUR TEAM? (Not that this V/IV driver is a bad player at all) Just saying that Chaffees, T67s, and a bunch of premium tanks hit the play field for this test. I got murdered in my KV-1 by 2 Chaffees and an arty while still within a stones throw of leaving the spawn. On the other hand, I beat a bunch of V/IVs in the nose with the same KV-1 because they think they're superman and rush off leaving their team behind only to find that they too bleed. Do people who drive OP tanks ever drive regular ones? But I digress....

Yes, I drive slightly OP tanks to pad my stats...Hetzer, KV-1, Matilda in regular matches...but they get thrown into higher tier games...frequently! This test is unrealistic for the real playing experience where the true test of a player's ability is being able to overcome disadvantages and still contribute meaningfully to the team's performance, WIN OR LOSE. Just make a couple of Divisions...base it on average experience earned. Period. 50% players with decent average performance/placement will have higher average experience than a 47% player with the same average performance/placement. That way, you still get to incorporate your much favored WinRate, but use metrics that favor performance a bit more over how how lucky a player is getting matched in teams.The potatoes and tomatoes will fall to the bottom of the sack, add water and a little salt and make soup.

Edited by GUGS GUNNY, 10 December 2016 - 02:02 PM.

SeVereStrik3 #79 Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26210 battles

I don't think your performance should be determined by a Win/Loss. It's hard to put an impact if half your team do nothing productive whatsoever.

GUGS GUNNY #80 Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:20 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15937 battles

View PostSmeagoljp, on 10 December 2016 - 03:57 AM, said:

Well, the problems with ranked are the same problems we have with vanilla. That's joining a match and having a majority of your shots bounce off near perfect 90° broadsides while you can't deflect a single shot with your front armor. That's having people on your team not interested in playing as a team - ever. That's not being able to decide and clearly dictate whether you reward or penalize a player based on his or her personal performance or that of the team as a whole. See point about players who have no wish to play as a team. If you really want this to be about team play, quit rewarding silver and XP! Let those of us who give a **** about teamwork play without those ******* farmers. Give rewards at the end of the session or season. Find a way to group players into teams on a league and division. As in, I get ranked, I get randomly placed onto team gold, and I always get matched with players of my league and division that are also on team gold against players on team red or green or blue, so that we all work as a team and advance to some degree as a team. OR. Quit penalizing a player after matching him with useless ****alls that say, "you play your game, I'll play mine." What does that even mean? How are we not playing the same game?! So really guys, figure your game out. No rolling a 1 and missing a perfect shot. A gun is a gun. It points the way it's facing. A shot with X penetration will penetrate X amount of armor on a perpendicular shot. Quit putting holes in my tank from shallow angles where the point of the round could never possibly make contact first. Bullets don't penetrate sideways. Quit putting holes in the top of my turret when the enemy tank shot UP from a lower level plane than the surface they supposedly hit. Really, it should be easy. I'd have to draw pictures to make it more clear. Then, when you've got that crap figured out, decide whether "RANKED" means you are ranking ME on MY skills and performance, or MY TEAM on OUR skills and performance. If the former, reward points based on my contribution, activity, and performance. If the latter, put me in a team pool so that I'm working with a larger overall team and working to advance US up the ladder. Make them all team death match, and do NOT reward anything for inactive players and campers, and do NOT provide incentives such as silver and XP for those who are interested only in getting free or easy rewards and fixed tier matching.

GREAT summary comment! That says it ALL about this "test."

Also tagged with developer, feedback

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users