144 replies to this topic

SteampunkPagan #81 Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 80853 battles
  • [HDC]

(XB1 R.B. Test)

Hello,

Wanted to as much as possible fully test this game mode. I used all 17 of my tier V tanks for this. I played to test not to advance or win I feel this is an important mode that MUST be done well and right.

I took tanks out and yolloed, captured, killed, did damage, defended the base and everything else I could think of to take the mode to the limits. My findings are mixed at best. This go around was a big improvement over the last this can not be understated. I am still not comfortable with the point system or the fact that it does NOT effect your stats and I feel that these two things promote bad play.  The point system should reflect as best as possible all around skill/teamwork/team play to that end Spotting/Assisted Damage/Base capture/Base Defense should all weigh heavy in the point system to a degree higher than it at this time appears to do. These games should effect your Efficiency/ Wn7/Wn8, tank stats and overall numbers. Both of these would promote in my opinion better team play/work and encourage a better test of true WoT skill. I am still greatly concerned that this mode will negatively impact the live game by starving the picked tier of players thus effecting in a negative way +/- 2 matchmaking.

The Silver Earnings/XP/Crew XP earnings seemed fair and solid. Matchmaking and Map Rotation seemed good (better than the live game in-fact) Again overall a great improvement over the last go around but in my opinion this mode still has some things to workout and I look forward to the next test of this mode. I hope this was of help.

Thanks,

SteampunkPagan.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Zathustra #82 Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23188 battles
There needs to be some kind of penalty for what happened to me in one battle. One of my team pushed me over a cliff to destroy me then he self destructed himself. This ruined are having complement of tanks and definitely lead to our defeat and loss of points for me. Is it possible if a tanker team kills that he is automatically banned from playing further ranked battles?

JaggedSine6 #83 Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15192 battles

View PostSGT Hawkens117, on 08 December 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

Really though the premium ammo needs to be removed from ranked play that is literally the only thing people fire

I used a few rounds last night. Even at the same tier you can occasionally get in to a pickle where it's shoot premo and win or don't and lose. Even then I feel a little guilty doing it. I've had a few games where I forgot to switch back so I guess in those cases I'm a premium spammer until I run out of the few premiums I carry.
Current garage: T22 Proto, T2 Light Tank, T7 Combat Car, M22 Locust, T37, T21, Lycan, Walker Bulldog, M2 Medium Tank, M4A2E4 Sherman, M4A3E8, T26E4 SuperPershing, M18 Hellcat, Jackson, Pz IV H, Pz.Kpfw V/IV, T-25, VK 30.01 (H), VK 36.01, Tiger I, Hammer, Tiger II, E-75, Jagdpanther, Boilermaker, Cromwell, Excelsior, Challanger, AMX CDC, Liberte, Valentine II, T-34-88, Motherland, KV-1, Churchill III, T-150, IS-3, T-10, SU-76I, STA-2, Type 61. (Green are favorites)

moosehaT o #84 Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24162 battles

View PostHeavyKaragh, on 09 December 2016 - 08:52 PM, said:

We are playing against players ranked in each league and division. These test don't restrict which teammates and enemies in the match.

I'm guessing this is just for the beta yeah, cos if that's the case it's just 10v10 random battles lol

As you get placed in a higher league, you should get placed with similar ranked players not the other way around.

"For a pessimist, i'm pretty optimistic"

moosehaT o #85 Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24162 battles
Need to see what league/rank team mates are too, like in every other rank mode in other games.

"For a pessimist, i'm pretty optimistic"

TheDelta007 #86 Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:26 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5261 battles

Disclamer: I am a relatively new player and have yet to break into tier 8 but I am trying to improve.  

Biggest complaint (valid for normal play also):  If it is possible for PS4 please create an indication of who is talking on the map loading screen.  Lacking any way to determine who is talking gives the trolls complete freedom for as long as that screen lasts.  If this is impossible pleas give us a setting that would not enter us into voice chat until the map loads and we gain access to the mute feature.  Honestly the mute feature needs to be included in the tutorial.

Overall everything with ranked battles has gone as well as can be expected.  The major problem is from the small team size relative to many of the maps.  I am sure the logs will show a decent number of matches where the majority of both teams were almost at the enemy base before the first contact.  This may be fixed by having more players on each team which should be possible if the number of players was adjusted by ranked player population.  10 v. 10 is good considering some of the 3 min wait times I had in the beginning but if possible can you have them move it to 15 v. 15 or even 12 v. 12 when the server population reaches a certain level.  

If there are plans to try another test please raise the rewards high enough to increase participation.  I expected that no one would play tier 5 during the battles but I was wrong.  I took a break from the 10 v. 10 and noticed that there were many players in the tier 5 battles on normal mode.    

Prior to the start of the season could you have someone go through and give each tank a competition tier (maybe use letters like A, B, C instead of 1, 2, 3 to prevent confusion) that is separate from the normal matchmaking.  Considering that all tanks are balanced in consideration of the tier battles they will see there are probably many tanks that really should not see only tanks at their tech tree tiers.  

Thank you for listening to my suggestions.  

Not that proud #87 Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17494 battles
I liked it, but I may have been extremely lucky during this test. I wound up with a 70% win rate, despite playing very badly in some games. I was 73 points from the Master League, but I had to quit for the day. I am confident I could have gotten there. It would be interesting to see how it went after that. When it gets implemented, the rewards have to be significant, either gold or premium tanks.  I would again reiterate the request that balance be looked into an some tanks excluded.

psmobius1 #88 Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24352 battles
  • [USA1]

View PostTheDelta007, on 10 December 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

Disclamer: I am a relatively new player and have yet to break into tier 8 but I am trying to improve.

Biggest complaint (valid for normal play also):  If it is possible for PS4 please create an indication of who is talking on the map loading screen.  Lacking any way to determine who is talking gives the trolls complete freedom for as long as that screen lasts.  If this is impossible pleas give us a setting that would not enter us into voice chat until the map loads and we gain access to the mute feature.  Honestly the mute feature needs to be included in the tutorial.

Overall everything with ranked battles has gone as well as can be expected.  The major problem is from the small team size relative to many of the maps.  I am sure the logs will show a decent number of matches where the majority of both teams were almost at the enemy base before the first contact.  This may be fixed by having more players on each team which should be possible if the number of players was adjusted by ranked player population.  10 v. 10 is good considering some of the 3 min wait times I had in the beginning but if possible can you have them move it to 15 v. 15 or even 12 v. 12 when the server population reaches a certain level.

If there are plans to try another test please raise the rewards high enough to increase participation.  I expected that no one would play tier 5 during the battles but I was wrong.  I took a break from the 10 v. 10 and noticed that there were many players in the tier 5 battles on normal mode.   

Prior to the start of the season could you have someone go through and give each tank a competition tier (maybe use letters like A, B, C instead of 1, 2, 3 to prevent confusion) that is separate from the normal matchmaking.  Considering that all tanks are balanced in consideration of the tier battles they will see there are probably many tanks that really should not see only tanks at their tech tree tiers.

Thank you for listening to my suggestions.

unfortunately, they have not listened to the player base and muted all communication during the map/game loading screen. This should just be a silent time while you get ready to enter battle, if you are going to make me listen to them then give me the option to mute them right then and there. Some players use this time to blast you with their music choice (usually chosen for its ear piercing ridiculous noise), burp and fart repeatedly like a 2 year old, or even allow you the pleasure of taking a bathroom break with them. And then they unplug once the match starts which proves they are just doing this to be an annoying little ^&*(&()&*()&*(&.

I know you can start a party and change it to private but sometimes (rare but occasional) there is some good communications going between other team members that I'd like to be part of.

allhavoc #89 Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41493 battles
  • [10SR]

Ranked battles have been a blast for me.  It's great to have a mode where winning is the primary goal.  

Having the smaller teams is a good change, it means my individual contribution has a larger impact on the outcome of the game. So, once this mode is fully implemented, that will help separate out the leagues better.

Point system is good.  With top performers getting a boost, that should help stabilize the rankings.  If a good player gets a string of bad teammates they now shouldn't lose too many points, and ought to be able to eventually keep moving up the ranks.

Restricting ranked battles to tier V is a negative for me.  It's actually one of my favorite tiers, but is probably the tier most affected by overpowered rare premium tanks.  It's not a fair competition if not all players have access to the same tanks.

Gamechat was very active, I could tell that many of my teammates were stoked and really getting into the game.  That spark is often missing in standard battles, were you mostly hear just rage & hate.

I have read this entire thread, and I realize many don't see it my way.  So long as we continue to have standard battles alongside ranked battles, then everybody ought to be happy.  

[10SR]  

KaiserVonKrieg #90 Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13950 battles
  • [-NS-]

When the actual version of Ranked Battles goes live it would be cool if we got at least a little bit of nook and cranny rewards for ranking up.

First thing that comes to mind is maybe your league icon as an emblem.

HeavyKaragh #91 Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 47626 battles

View PostGUGS GUNNY, on 10 December 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

Make the divisions/leagues based on stats you already have, yes? DMG ratios and K/D ratios and XP earned. WinRate is great for bragging, but it suffers from potato drag and RNG. 

No. K/D and damage ratio are tank dependant and can be easily padded seal clubbing. That's not the solution.

The presented league and division system is good but WarGaming must force matchmaker to make teams from the same league. In case you don't know, platinum league players are playing against silver league players, because matchmaker doesn't account for player league or division. WarGaming says it's because server population, but I don't know if they are getting useful feedback with this method of testing.

Red Witch Queen #92 Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 59868 battles
Ranked battles I feel should be tiers 7/8/9.Keep the win element but also take into account scouting and damage.I don't think kills should count.The minimum tankers should be 13 and no arty on maps such as Ensk and Widepark.When it comes to MM then it becomes tricky.Perhaps weight should be given to a players previous 3 months performance when first assigning an individual to a league.No platoons either.

JaggedSine6 #93 Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15192 battles
My advice is to drop the whole idea. I gave it another chance but I just can't play it any more. Too many absolute horrible players to try and play a mode that depends on a few of your players having a brain. Been losing to cap left and right today so the last game I thought I would hang back and defend. Well 2 heavies a medium and arty stayed back so I moved up and took out a few dumb reds that flew down the middle of the map. But then a Chaffee and a T1 got around the other side killing our left flank and then killed both of our camping heavies, medium and arty without them even firing back. It's amazing to watch two enemy reds blast through half a dozen idiot greens and cap for the win. Sick of losing 1 to 10 points every game due to horrible team mates.
Current garage: T22 Proto, T2 Light Tank, T7 Combat Car, M22 Locust, T37, T21, Lycan, Walker Bulldog, M2 Medium Tank, M4A2E4 Sherman, M4A3E8, T26E4 SuperPershing, M18 Hellcat, Jackson, Pz IV H, Pz.Kpfw V/IV, T-25, VK 30.01 (H), VK 36.01, Tiger I, Hammer, Tiger II, E-75, Jagdpanther, Boilermaker, Cromwell, Excelsior, Challanger, AMX CDC, Liberte, Valentine II, T-34-88, Motherland, KV-1, Churchill III, T-150, IS-3, T-10, SU-76I, STA-2, Type 61. (Green are favorites)

Sadriel Fett #94 Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:49 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 21703 battles

I agree with a lot of the posters that the "League" ranking system should be changed to something else besides win/ loss of your team.  I've seen people do exceptionally well, only to lose the game because someone else was AFK or your other team mates weren't quite up to par.  This would work if it was only Clan or Platoons playing against other Clans or Platoons.  In fact, I'm surprised they don't have somethings specifically for them in the Ranked Games.  That's where it'd make sense to base it off of whether you win or lose as a team.  However, trying to get really effective team work with PUGs is kind of stretching it a little.  Better to base your personal "League" scoring off of your personal stats or something to that effect.  I do like that we actually get XP and Silver earnings doing it, though.  I've just been playing the Ranked Battles like normal battles, except without any Operation bonuses.  I've still been able to come out fairly well for most of the games.  So, no complaints there.  In the future, though, having some Operations specifically associated with Ranked Battles would be a very welcome feature.  I know a lot of people probably don't like it, but I actually like the smaller numbers in the team.  Makes for dynamic and quicker battles.  Also, I know it's only for Tier V right now for testing, but I actually like having all players at the same Tier level.  It levels to the field a lot more.  I haven't played any Light Tanks in it, yet, but I know they're a lot more effective in the Tier locked battles.  Been seeing a lot of those little Leopard light tanks running amuck a few times in matches, griefing the enemy pretty good.  I love running my Tigers, so I'd be curious how it'd go with an all Tier VII Ranked Battle.

Edit:  One other thing.  The queue's seem to be excessively long.  I'm currently in a queue that's been waiting over 5 minutes now, then it stuck me back in the garage.  Message says "The max time in queue for battle has expired."  Surprised with that on a weekend, you know?

Edited by Sadriel Fett, 10 December 2016 - 11:35 PM.

Sadriel Fett #95 Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:28 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 21703 battles
Another thing for the feedback.  The constant "League placement Update" window that pops up after each battle is kind of annoying.  Since we have the "Ladder" tab to check our League placement status, the update window isn't really necessary.  

soyboricua21 #96 Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:39 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16794 battles
  • [-NL-]

I liked the ranked battles but there are few things to be taken to account. 

• First off, the points system is good but it takes a while to move up due to the fact the matchmaking is slow and amount of points is a bit unbalanced.
  • sometimes teammates tend to not be good and if you do good you lose a well amount of points.
  • it is also filled with a bit of unbalanced matchmaking but nothing too serious.

I believe you should tweak the points system where it would not be much of a grind to rank up. Maybe set up a system where if a teamates kills themselves their points go to the other team and or if they are afk. 

Overall I like the idea of ranked battles and I am looking forward to it without having too much of a grind to rank up leagues.

zeffar #97 Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:07 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16530 battles
0 players on the EU server (at tea time) makes it difficult to leave feedback . how big (or should i say small) is the player base anyway....

Edited by zeffar, 11 December 2016 - 04:08 AM.

Smeagoljp #98 Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:19 AM

Private

• Players
  • 15133 battles
I've been playing online games for a long time.  This I know for certain: instant gratification is the bane of all you might hope to accomplish.  Never listen to a player base that asks you to make it go faster, or to lessen a grind.  Ever.  Whether or not I reach platinum or master matters not.  From the point I started, a few matches with decent teammates and I had leagued up.  There is NO grind.  It's way too easy currently.  Way too fast.  You should know all the players in your league well before you come to surpass them.  A small test and half of your feedback is platinum or master.  Too easy, too fast for release.  I digress.  Never speed it up for those who have no patience.  It ABSOLUTELY kills games.

HeavyKaragh #99 Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:26 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 47626 battles

View PostSmeagoljp, on 11 December 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

I've been playing online games for a long time. This I know for certain: instant gratification is the bane of all you might hope to accomplish. Never listen to a player base that asks you to make it go faster, or to lessen a grind. Ever. Whether or not I reach platinum or master matters not. From the point I started, a few matches with decent teammates and I had leagued up. There is NO grind. It's way too easy currently. Way too fast. You should know all the players in your league well before you come to surpass them. A small test and half of your feedback is platinum or master. Too easy, too fast for release. I digress. Never speed it up for those who have no patience. It ABSOLUTELY kills games.

This is very true.

Nicholas Sapien #100 Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33268 battles
  • [ACES]
Not too interested in it, got bored after getting placed and went back to normal matchmaking.

​Member of the Senior Technical Engineer Club [ACES] Armoured Aces "Louder than God's revolver and twice as shiny"

1: A leap of faith. An unproveable belief in a reality beyond this world. 2: suicide. Escaping a pointless existence. 3: acceptance of an Absurd existence, and the freedom that comes with creating your own meaning.

"He who snipes snipers, runs the risk of becoming the sniper himself. If you gaze into the scope, the scope gazes back"

Also tagged with developer, feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users