Jump to content


Why am I not getting crew XP in these matches?


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

KLLDZR #21 Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:01 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14806 battles
  • 814
  • Member since:
    02-19-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 09 December 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

 

Left click on the image you want which opens up just that image.

Left click on the image again which makes it pop up.

Right click on the image and select, "Copy Image address"

 

On the forum above where you type, click on the Image tool above where you type (next to the YouTube button) and past the URL in the URL box. 

Thank you very much!

 


Edited by KLLDZR, 09 December 2016 - 05:02 PM.


KLLDZR #22 Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14806 battles
  • 814
  • Member since:
    02-19-2014


KLLDZR #23 Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:06 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14806 battles
  • 814
  • Member since:
    02-19-2014


leova #24 Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:46 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11351 battles
  • 12,908
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-11-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 09 December 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

 

We put out information for how Crew Training works on our game guide which Soviet has posted. Crew training is also linear on console. 

 

 

 

I'll be honest, I would LOVE to believe this is true, but I have had WAY too many situations of being at 99% skill training, earning enough to get the extra 1% (even accounting for skill-cost increases), and still not gotten it. Talking about things like 98% Crews, earning 3k XP in one game, and NOT gaining any crew-percentage.

 

So somehow I doubt its completely 100% linear :(



MaxChaos24 #25 Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:49 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13293 battles
  • 21,039
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View Postleova, on 09 December 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

 

I'll be honest, I would LOVE to believe this is true, but I have had WAY too many situations of being at 99% skill training, earning enough to get the extra 1% (even accounting for skill-cost increases), and still not gotten it. Talking about things like 98% Crews, earning 3k XP in one game, and NOT gaining any crew-percentage.

 

So somehow I doubt its completely 100% linear :(

 

You are most likely running into where you are seeing your rounded %. I.E. if you are at 98.5, the game says you are at 99%. So you are still 1.5% away from 100%. Because of that it may feel like it's taking more XP but it's actually not.

GameWinner_001 #26 Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:00 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 43354 battles
  • 1,926
  • [TOP-N]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View PostMaxChaos24, on 09 December 2016 - 07:49 PM, said:

 

You are most likely running into where you are seeing your rounded %. I.E. if you are at 98.5, the game says you are at 99%. So you are still 1.5% away from 100%. Because of that it may feel like it's taking more XP but it's actually not.

And what if I am at 99.7? The game won't round it to 100%, will it? Because then it would allow me to train the next skill a bit too early... - or will it be rounded up to 100% in this scenario?



leova #27 Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:16 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11351 battles
  • 12,908
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-11-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 09 December 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

 

You are most likely running into where you are seeing your rounded %. I.E. if you are at 98.5, the game says you are at 99%. So you are still 1.5% away from 100%. Because of that it may feel like it's taking more XP but it's actually not.

Thanks.....Interesting....so more not-entirely-accurate numbers....

 

All of these issues could be easily solved if WG would just display Crew XP as a real number!

 

I'm sure you guys have said that this is "in the works", but if its simply a Display/UI issue then it shouldnt be all that difficult to do. The only reason to delay it would be "we dont want you to know" worries, which is not OK


Edited by leova, 09 December 2016 - 07:17 PM.


real FUGAR #28 Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:11 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 24255 battles
  • 1,724
  • [OTO]
  • Member since:
    09-09-2013

View Postleova, on 09 December 2016 - 03:11 AM, said:

Disclaimer - I've been wrong on "Mechanics" stuff before, but thats only because it is incredibly confusing and non-sensical, and isn't even programmed in logical and reasonable ways.

 

(If there is better or more accurate Console information out there, please let me/us know!)

 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Crew

That said, here's what the PC Crew XP chart looks like:

 

 

You can see how some completely unnecessary Algebra/Calculus is stuffed in there to screw the whole thing up, instead of a simple X=Y system

Skill or Perk by 1% from 48% to 49% requires  912 XP, but to increase it the 1% from 98% to 99% will require  9,120 XP.

 

so silly :sceptic:

 

Whoooah DUDE i guess thats why we never will get the 120/ 966666666666666666666666666666CRAP66666666666666666666666666 Exp Points gained bar...       

search Your EXP prog. here : 


My eternity is longer than Yours _ Make boosters selectable consumables after battle, rather than a RNG MM wager _ The tallest ones confirm: MM is not broken, its ADVANCED

WoT WoT   oTo (put nuts and bolt logo in here) 

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/37825507


KLLDZR #29 Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:02 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14806 battles
  • 814
  • Member since:
    02-19-2014

View Postleova, on 09 December 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

Thanks.....Interesting....so more not-entirely-accurate numbers....

 

All of these issues could be easily solved if WG would just display Crew XP as a real number!

 

I'm sure you guys have said that this is "in the works", but if its simply a Display/UI issue then it shouldnt be all that difficult to do. The only reason to delay it would be "we dont want you to know" worries, which is not OK

 

So no real answer on why I got shafted in all those matches??

MaxChaos24 #30 Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:07 AM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13293 battles
  • 21,039
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostKLLDZR, on 09 December 2016 - 08:02 PM, said:

 

So no real answer on why I got shafted in all those matches??

 

All of those matches earned crew XP. If you are referring to not seeing the Crew XP pop-up on the screen, that is because that only pops up when your % increases. It is not there to say if you earned Crew XP  in that match. All tank XP earned = Crew XP and if you have any crews Bonuses than you will have earned more crew XP than tank XP. I'm on my phone atm so if you're still confused I can try to explain it better once I'm on a computer. :honoring:

KLLDZR #31 Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:10 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14806 battles
  • 814
  • Member since:
    02-19-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 10 December 2016 - 02:07 AM, said:

 

All of those matches earned crew XP. If you are referring to not seeing the Crew XP pop-up on the screen, that is because that only pops up when your % increases. It is not there to say if you earned Crew XP  in that match. All tank XP earned = Crew XP and if you have any crews Bonuses than you will have earned more crew XP than tank XP. I'm on my phone atm so if you're still confused I can try to explain it better once I'm on a computer. :honoring:

 

Ok thanx, if you think you can clear it up more please do, no hurry,

 

From what I'm reading it's purposely really vague and confusing just the way WG likes things.


Edited by KLLDZR, 10 December 2016 - 04:01 AM.


Muttz v2 #32 Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:11 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 25087 battles
  • 1,394
  • Member since:
    10-05-2014

View PostKLLDZR, on 10 December 2016 - 02:10 AM, said:

 

Ok thanx, if you think you can clear it up more please do, no hurry,

 

From what I'm reading it's purposely really vague and confusing just the way WG likes things.

two most important things to remember are

1, all xp is good xp but its 20% better in a elite tank.

2, training crews is approximately 4.27564 times easyer on console than pc **given avg crew count of 4 once you factor in scaling xp, square root of pi, the time of the month UTC after taking away 1st number you thought of.

2a (amendment) it really is so much easer than training on pc.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users