Advice on how to play the Pz V/IV....

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Undead Gaming 6 #21 Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:07 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19394 battles
Play like a heavy tank and push everyone who cannot pen you out the way, kill everything else and then proceed to ram everything out of existence ;)

TDECK1 #22 Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40756 battles
I recently bought six premium tanks and the Ram Panzer was one of the tanks in the bundle. I bought it for this tank and it is my least favorite. Shooting on the move is a joke and it turns like a boat. The gun depression also blows. They way over did the nerf on this tank. It is also a big experience magnet even in lower tier games. I cant believe I spent 50.00 because of the paywall to get this terrible tank. I actually like the Kraft panther much better which was part of the bundle. The same goes for the Hydro as in I like it much better as well. WOTs please buff the Ram Panzer. In its current form it is the biggest letdown I have ever purchased.

The Raider777 #23 Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20115 battles

View PostxXlAmbitionzlXx, on 22 January 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

Make as much use of the Gun depression on the sides as much as you can and bob and weave enemies as much as you can taking note of when they've fired etc. If you see light tanks in terms of weight ram them if you want to have alot of fun and dont be afraid to spam premium here and there considering the guns pen is 110. When top tier go ape [edited]by be weary of tier 5 heavies as they will have no problem penetrating you in the hull armor as well as matilda's. Other than that theres not much else I can tell you to be honest. 

On my rampaner, I dont run Spall liner, I run Gun rammer, Vents and Optics. not a popular choice but I run vents for the boost to the accuracy since its pretty meh. 

the optics are definitely not going to be a popular choice.

WarOnTour #24 Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 56825 battles
  • [LATUM]
I'm no superstar in mine but I run it with vents, optics and bins because it's as blind as a bat and terrible at firing on the move.

izgoy99 #25 Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 2521 battles

View PostTDECK1, on 23 January 2017 - 12:49 AM, said:

I recently bought six premium tanks and the Ram Panzer was one of the tanks in the bundle. I bought it for this tank and it is my least favorite. Shooting on the move is a joke and it turns like a boat. The gun depression also blows. They way over did the nerf on this tank. It is also a big experience magnet even in lower tier games. I cant believe I spent 50.00 because of the paywall to get this terrible tank. I actually like the Kraft panther much better which was part of the bundle. The same goes for the Hydro as in I like it much better as well. WOTs please buff the Ram Panzer. In its current form it is the biggest letdown I have ever purchased.

I have been running it on the Proving Grounds so far to get a feel for it, and not much of a problem so far.  As for the gun depression I am already used to this from playing the Ru 251, Panther 88, and the Aufkl Panther.  I'm happy I can get 10 off the sides, as some tanks don't even give you this. As for the turning again sort of used to this from the T-50-2 (Pre buff), Pz T 25, and almost all heavy tanks I have played.  I did change muffled shot out for clutch braking which helped a little and dropped the spall liner for vents. Be taking it in game soon though since Lunar New Year started for me here and have a nice vacation of free time. 

Garage Tanks

Rubbelito #26 Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 23168 battles
  • [KOALA]

View PostTDECK1, on 22 January 2017 - 06:49 PM, said:

It's your only unicum tank so I wouldn't be so fast to discard it if I were you. :rolleyes:

xXlAmbitionzlXx #27 Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23937 battles

View PostThe Raider777, on 22 January 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

the optics are definitely not going to be a popular choice.

meh it works for me, Its been helping with my MoE and umm.. this.. :teethhappy:

Major Englush #28 Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16524 battles

Ramming tips: Ram all tier III tanks. Only ram tier IV lights and a few mediums not a Matilda or German. Never ram any heavy tanks unless for sheer lulz when the game is in hand.

Spam premium when bottom tier, as standard pen is hot garbage. Think I have like 40 rounds on mine because it has lol ammo capacity.

Do NOT go hull down, as your turret is also hot garbage. It can, however, side scrape pretty well if top or middle tier.

I run rammer, vents, and spall liner with a crew that has 12 skills, including Controlled Impact, Clutch Breaking, and Off Road Driving. You also might consider Safe Stowage, as it does get ammo racked kinda easily from the sides.

Enjoy boosting your WN8. Honestly. Uni damage is like 7 pens. It really needs adjusting for the console version.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users