handbrake support control schemes

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

MrSprayAndPrey #161 Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:05 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44934 battles
  • [GNSQD]

yes bring back the left stick , i hate posting. if i feel strongly enough to do this.you my friend's have a problem. 

mhogee #162 Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 39407 battles

D-Pad Cruise Control Scheme needs a handbrake option

what is this lazy fix of removing it all together!

I am totally fine with it remaining as L click 

Edited by mhogee, 10 February 2017 - 10:19 PM.

CLoKeSTa #163 Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14364 battles
  • [LIBR8]

View PostKOKing27, on 08 February 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

​how about you do your job and fix the d-pad controls and give us a handbrake for the controls we like to use wargaming surely had no problem taking our money to pay for your super bowl ads but now your paying customers are asks for a handbrake on the controls they like to use and nothing all bc a few people cried like a bunch of babies. this is bullsh*t put the handbrake back on the left analog L. and tell the people who had a problem with it to use the default controls this is f**king nonsense

First off, RAIBOT01's job is customer relations, which can easily be understood by reading her title listed right below her name, not writing code. She does it well, but needs an assistant due to the shear volume of threads.

Your individual opinion of a controller configuration really doesn't matter, just as mine doesn't. If a large portion of players can't control their tanks properly, over time it will quickly lead to new and experienced player attrition, therefore it had to be fixed immediately. This is why I PM'ed Max about this issue right away. It was killing me, quite litterally (in WoT) and many others.

I agree that WG should have just created another controller configuration with the default L3 handbrake turned off or relocated.

Childish comments are quite unnecessary.

-Clokesta

RNG Tank Operations, NEVER AGAIN!

Panzerwerfer42 #164 Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:40 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11593 battles
PMing someone because your speacial needs is childish.  You said no one persons opinion with change anything yet take credit.  They will lose Far more players by denying features advertised.  You could have easily picked a different layout.  You accidentally is clicking is [edited]. How many kills do miss cuz you accidentally zoom in or out with right stick click, zero? Maybe the fix is putting the zoom on left stick and handbrake on right stick.....or not.

MrSprayAndPrey #165 Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:07 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44934 battles
  • [GNSQD]

View PostCLoKeSTa, on 11 February 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

First off, RAIBOT01's job is customer relations, which can easily be understood by reading her title listed right below her name, not writing code. She does it well, but needs an assistant due to the shear volume of threads.

Your individual opinion of a controller configuration really doesn't matter, just as mine doesn't. If a large portion of players can't control their tanks properly, over time it will quickly lead to new and experienced player attrition, therefore it had to be fixed immediately. This is why I PM'ed Max about this issue right away. It was killing me, quite litterally (in WoT) and many others.

I agree that WG should have just created another controller configuration with the default L3 handbrake turned off or relocated.

Childish comments are quite unnecessary.

just got killed after the other team shot me .who should i pm to resolve this. heaven forbid learning to adapt to a changing battlefield or game mechanics. let alone logical placement of a function. what data do you possess that lead you to the conclusion that the left stick break would cause player attrition. srry im only capable of childish comment littered with "grammer nazi" bait.

mhogee #166 Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:57 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 39407 battles

I just taught myself not to push so hard on the thumb stick EASY

it was a awesome setup having the handbrake directly under my driving thumb!!

Sovietdeath #167 Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:16 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15356 battles

View Postmhogee, on 11 February 2017 - 11:57 PM, said:

I just taught myself not to push so hard on the thumb stick EASY

it was a awesome setup having the handbrake directly under my driving thumb!!

Hopefully they will be adding it back in as an alternative control after next update, here were my suggestions

View PostSovietdeath, on 07 February 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

some suggestions Raibot

Bring Back the L3 handbrake as

D-Pad Cruise Control (Alternate)

(note: for those of us that liked it on the left stick)

Spoiler

A-Button Handbrake

(note:a fun new take on the handbrake setups Ammo change is moved to D-pad Left, Hull lock is moved to L3 as its not always needed and is cancelled if you move anyways)

Spoiler

and

X-Button Handbrake "Passive"

(note: This Setup Recommends people to use a Passive Consumable on the L3 Button to avoid issues)

Spoiler

mhogee #168 Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:10 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 39407 battles

View PostSovietdeath, on 13 February 2017 - 12:16 AM, said:

Hopefully they will be adding it back in as an alternative control after next update, here were my suggestions

thanks for compiling this Sovietdeath 

I hope there will be a quick patch and we wont have another kill feed situation 

Sovietdeath #169 Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:22 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15356 battles

View Postmhogee, on 13 February 2017 - 01:10 AM, said:

thanks for compiling this Sovietdeath 

I hope there will be a quick patch and we wont have another kill feed situation 

I doubt it will be in a patch im pretty sure its a 3.6 update deal

Trust me i want it back to, but i can be patient its not that important.

ViolentFever #170 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26884 battles
  • [-KWE-]

After using the "Handbrake" controller configuration with manually swapping LS Click and D-pad Up, I would like this as an alternate controller configuration.  For the most part, I've become used to A for radial message menu and D-Pad Down for Swap Ammo Type.  Having handbrake on LB is very convenient for me. 

In short, starting with the "Handbrake" layout, move Cruise Control from LS Click to D-Pad Up.

This puts things in new but still convenient locations and removes unfortunate accidental consequences from LS.

​My answer to any question about Wargaming and their products?  Everything's great!

MrSprayAndPrey #171 Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:06 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44934 battles
  • [GNSQD]

tried left bumper config . didnt like it. taking your finger off left stick to switch ammo type got me killed . oh wait thats there excuse for having the left stick track lock removed. srry my bad.

jahfjoe #172 Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:55 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10710 battles
Im sorry wg, but theres wayyyyy better combos, liiikke switch consumable use to d-pad, this give countless possibilities, handbrake as circle, handbrake as L1 but keep ammo switch, whatever, personaly ive been using handbrake scheme from day 1 and love it

SprungNickel427 #173 Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33892 battles
  • [UMFF5]
Elite controller can take the standard "default" config and you reprogram the cruise control  and handbrake to what ever you want. I don't like the Left Stick down click because I activate it way to frequently in high stress situations. You know, the harder you push a button, the better it works! My config is default with left stick unmapped, Cruise control is up DPAD, and Handbrake is left upper paddle, and zoom is both right stick click and right upper paddle.

Also tagged with handbrake, support, control, schemes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users