handbrake notification control scheme d-pad

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

ASSASSIN XV1 #181 Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:20 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 56285 battles
  • [TRZ]

This entire argument regarding the fact that we must believe the "accidental" pushing down on the stick is a common problem due to the Hand Brake being placed on the left stick is ridiculous. I am 58 years old and also have arthritis issues. In addition, due to heart problems and nerve damage in my neck I occasionally have to deal with numbness in my hands. I have NEVER pushed down on the thumb stick by accident. 

If there is an issue with the placement of this HAND BRAKE, it is limited to a very small group of users. The left thumb stick click is the location of choice by many game developers for placement of an item that is not essential and sometimes used only in a specific situation.  The simple fact is they are using too much force on their thumb stick or are in need of a new controller. That is their problem.

As an example, MADDEN proves this point perfectly. The LEFT STICK is used to aim the direction of a QB's pass- both direction and height. The LEFT STICK CLICK is assigned the action of "THROWING THE BALL AWAY"- as in out of bounds to avoid a sack. Basically the argument of the complainers would have you believe that players are constantly throwing the ball out of bounds accidentally as to make the game unplayable, THIS IS UTTER NONSENSE. Millions of Madden players use basically the same setup as was used by WG on the Cruise Control layout. In addition, there is NO ALTERNATE CONTROL LAYOUT in Madden that lets you change that location. The only way it can be done is custom button mapping.

I present the following- would EA SPORTS place the action that kills the passing game with an intentional out of bounds throw in a location that can frequently be hit by accident? The answer is a resounding NO! NO! NO!. The fact is that WG got it right with its original idea of placing the Hand Brake on the left thumb stick for the Cruise Control setup. 

Please return it ASAP for the overwhelming majority of players that immediately enjoyed and used it for our benefit. Of course, investigate other options for those that need assistance due to THEIR SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES. I say again, WG GOT IT RIGHT the first time- just compare to other video games and the assigned actions to that same Left Stick Click.

swamp_fox_009 #182 Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18889 battles
  • [ODH]

I take it there is a limitation to simply add another controller scheme with the hand brake on the push down left stick?

NUSFERATU #183 Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29870 battles
  • [HOSE]
 i don't understand there's nothing wrong with mini map....i like it .and i'm a player that uses it all the time.better view it's only another 200m all around.

Edgewater76 #184 Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:55 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15608 battles

I see there are two responses from Wargaming on other issues not in the op but nothing on adding a d-pad cruise control w/hand brake in addition to the one without.  Has there been any word from Wargaming on the controler change?  If not could we get a response.  

Thanks

Edge

MrSprayAndPrey #185 Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44984 battles
  • [GNSQD]
To all my fellow old people . You are old not dead. Don't use excuses  for your unwillingness to adapt . i know it hard to change. but tough, suck it up and move on. We are not a special snowflake generation . After 50 your going to have acknowledge it hurt to get out of bed. I do it everyday go to work hanging drywall. Now please return the brake as before. I was unwilling to post but it seem i have too counter the collection of elder who appear to already have one foot in the grave. For the grammar nazi im too old to care to proof read this.

Sahne_himself #186 Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:30 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11296 battles
  • [-YR-]
pls bring back the d-pad handbrake or at least add the original d-pad handrake as chooseable option.

Edited by SahnOrizzl, 07 February 2017 - 09:32 PM.

PS4 Community Schulungen nach DEPAC-Vorbild : http://forum-console...-depac-vorbild/

Spoiler

mhogee #187 Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:06 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 39458 battles

why not just hot fix by adding completely new scheme without the handbrake instead of removing it all together!! LAZY FIX

I enjoyed L thumb stick handbrake

Edited by mhogee, 12 February 2017 - 05:12 AM.

AnguishedAtol80 #188 Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:36 PM

Private

• Players
  • 14835 battles
I hate this new crap. I have been playing artillery for a while and didn't notice. Now I cannot back up while zoomed? Scanning through all of the control layouts, there is nothing else that works for me. I need the left stick to forward and reverse and I need the bottom button set to  cruise forward or reverse cruise. This nonsense of just freezing up there stinks. I have never in 5 years needed a handbrake.

MaxChaos24 #189 Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:40 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13293 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostAnguishedAtol80, on 28 November 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

I hate this new crap. I have been playing artillery for a while and didn't notice. Now I cannot back up while zoomed? Scanning through all of the control layouts, there is nothing else that works for me. I need the left stick to forward and reverse and I need the bottom button set to  cruise forward or reverse cruise. This nonsense of just freezing up there stinks. I have never in 5 years needed a handbrake.

Hello, can you please tell us what Control Scheme you are using and what exactly has changed? It's not very clear in your message. Thanks!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users