damage standing premium rounds

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

JediAL78 #1 Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19305 battles

Hi peeps,

Quick question. I see on here that a lot of people have 3 marked the Tiger 131.

I've managed to 1 mark it, simply by playing it.

However for the first time ever I'm actually actively chasing a 2nd MoE.

I'm currently fluctuating between 79.5% - 80.5% damage standing.

Now... from what I've read most people seem to agree that you need to get between 15 - 20 penetrating shots per match in order to uplift your dmg standing (in the great MoE hunt), but I'm wondering how people see to manage this?

A great deal of the matches I'm in tend to be total blowouts at the moment, even if I have a great match I'll land on average between 13 - 15 shots, I've had the odd 4k plus dmg game but they seem rare.

Does using premium ammo increase your dmg standing more than using normal AP??

Have people who have 3 marks used more premium ammo than normal?

I'm not a big fan of premo spam but I am just curious as to what is the best way to increase my damage standing.

I'm not a bad player in my 131 (judging from WOTINFO, WN8 - 3449) but would really like to know how to tune it up a little bit more.

Thanks.

List of tanks I have in Garage

Spoiler

Willen #2 Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:01 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 27468 battles

I just bought the 131 myself, and I decided to run it with Gustav von Vaerst and his starting Deadeye skill. Very first game ended up 2nd in XP in a top tier game. Basically bullied low tanks with that DPM. Second game, 2nd in XP again, this time against tier 8s so I used some APCR. Third game, tier 8, 1st in damage and XP. Traded shots with a full health Tiger 2 and survived (someone else got the kill shot) and I only used regular AP. This thing is nuts.

The thing about prammo is that you are able to penetrate more targets on the first shot which means more damage you are doing. Plus, the higher shell velocity means that you can possibly hit that guy before he ducks behind cover. Yeah, you still have to aim at certain tank’s weakspots, but I can auto lock and pen a target most of the time.

did 1 kill you #3 Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 30846 battles

Strangely for me I didn't really use prem ammo much. Given the rof it gives you option to select the ammo required. In slow loading tanks  I have a tendency of loading prem first, just in case.

The pen and accuracy is good enough with standard ammo against the majority of tanks it will face.

At the stage your now at, assisted damage is as important as actual damage. Start tracking enemies when you can. The rof will allow you to Perma track a lot of people.

Keep your gun in the game. Don't trade early game. You will maximise your damage potential for mid to end game. On the flip side Don't be a puss and hide. Get to map position  and assess enemies, friendlies and ability to engage with least chance of taking damage (don't fight 2 or more tanks at the same time - they will likely focus on you).

I had a 17 skill crew in mine with rammer/vents/bins. I found bins more effective as in late game you can out spot enemies better. Early game bins are useful if you take up a map control position before enemies can get to theirs.

I had small repair/ medkit / choco and 70/29/1% ammo.

Early spotting is good if your team cooperates :)

When all else fails use the report button.

Sadriel Fett #4 Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:19 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28289 battles
  • [DARMY]

If you look on the load out screen, Premium Ammo "usually" has the same damage as the next highest ammo.  It just has a much higher percentage to guarantee you'll penetrate your target, is all.  If I'm chasing a MOE, that's worth it to me because it reduces the amount of wasted shots.  

I usually run equipment for heavies with a gun rammer, Vents, and either V-stabs or a Gun Laying Drive for the third.  I was reading someone else's thread, who had already three-marked their 131, and on their third they were using Optics instead.  I plugged in the equipment stats on that tanks.gg website and there was only a 0.3 seconds loss on aiming time for me, but a huge increase on my visibility range (my crew has Situatinal Awareness and Recon).  So, I swapped out my GLD for the Optics and started getting significantly noticeable more points from spotting assist damage, as well.  I guess that makes sense, though, since everyone jokingly calls the Tiger the best Tier 8 Medium tank in the game.  It really does play like one.  If you don't move around as much as I do in my Tiger, then you might try Binocs instead.  But you're in a Tiger, so you really should be moving around more and be the "second" line of defense, supporting your main front line heavies with that powerful gun.

Since my crew also has Preventive Maintenance (recommend this for all fire prone tanks) I replaced my normal Auto Fire Extinguisher with Chocolate, Large Repair Kit for passive buff (and just in case), and Small Repair Kit for quick use and have been steadily climbing up to 85% a lot easier now.  For crews that don't have Pain Tolerance, instead of using a Small Repair Kit, I'd use a Large First-Aid Kit for the passive buff (and just in case).

When combined with the chocolate, the Vents and Optics really made a huge difference in overall tank performance.  It just gets pretty pricey, so keep that in mind.  You're not doing this to earn a lot of silver, you're doing it for the damage count.  Also, don't forget to track enemies often.  You get points from damage done by other team mates on vehicles you disable.  Hope this helps out.  Good hunting.

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

JediAL78 #5 Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19305 battles

Thanks for the advice, especially regarding assisted damage, will have to try that.

I have also found that to have any chance of getting a good score these days you must play aggressively, if chasing MoE I can't sit still and wait for the battle to come to me, I've got to get in the sh!t as quick as possible to rack up the damage.

And the rof on this thing is insane, I took out a full health T32 the other day on Abbey while only receiving 2 hits in reply (granted the T32 driver obviously wasn't that experienced, but still).

I run rammer, binos and Camo net. I tend to get to an overwatch position early in the game and then keep that gun banging away till the 3rd quarter and then go hunting.

If I'm top tier then I'll just go straight in and bully everyone to death.

Just find it difficult to get the damage required as at the moment the matches tend to be over very quickly.

Didn't think you could have vert stabs on a Tiger?

Spoiler

Willen #6 Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 27468 battles
I was surprised to see V.Stabs in the equipment list for the 131 myself. The other Tigers don't get to equip that.

JediAL78 #7 Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19305 battles

View PostWillen, on 06 February 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

I was surprised to see V.Stabs in the equipment list for the 131 myself. The other Tigers don't get to equip that.

Well, if I can equip that, then I'll drop the camo net for the vert stabs and see if that helps.

Spoiler

Sadriel Fett #8 Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28289 battles
  • [DARMY]

View PostWillen, on 06 February 2017 - 05:26 AM, said:

The 131 doesn't have V-Stabs in the Equipment list, just a GLD.  Most German tanks don't get their V-Stabs until Tier 8.

View PostJediAL78, on 06 February 2017 - 05:51 AM, said:

Well, if I can equip that, then I'll drop the camo net for the vert stabs and see if that helps.

I would already drop the camo net.  It only works if your sitting still for one, but mainly because it's basically wasted on a heavy tank.  The Tigers (and most heavy tanks in general) have really bad Concealment ratings to start with.  The Camo Net doesn't boost it up to where it's really all that useful.  If you're going to run with Binocs, I'd swap with Vents, so your visual range is increased.

Check out these two sites and you can plug in different Equipment, Supplies, and Crew Skills to see which setup works best for your tank.  Probably will have to use the Tiger I as the basis for your stats.

http://www.wotinfo.n...camo-calculator

http://tanks.gg/wot/techtree

Hope that helps, and good luck.

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

SGT Hawkens117 #9 Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:09 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17194 battles
  • [L3GN]
You need to put a good crew in it and use gun rammer vents and coated optics and play support for the first quarter of the match and try and get to choke points and ambush possition sand during the 2 to 3rd half of the match play aggressive as needed it helps to know the maps and if you need further advice message me on Xbox

Willen #10 Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:12 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 27468 battles

View PostSadriel Fett, on 06 February 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

The 131 doesn't have V-Stabs in the Equipment list, just a GLD.  Most German tanks don't get their V-Stabs until Tier 8.

I would already drop the camo net.  It only works if your sitting still for one, but mainly because it's basically wasted on a heavy tank.  The Tigers (and most heavy tanks in general) have really bad Concealment ratings to start with.  The Camo Net doesn't boost it up to where it's really all that useful.  If you're going to run with Binocs, I'd swap with Vents, so your visual range is increased.

Check out these two sites and you can plug in different Equipment, Supplies, and Crew Skills to see which setup works best for your tank.  Probably will have to use the Tiger I as the basis for your stats.

http://www.wotinfo.n...camo-calculator

http://tanks.gg/wot/techtree

Hope that helps, and good luck.

You're right, no v.stabs for the 131. Got it confused with the Fury.

I'm running vents, rammer, and toolbox, atm. Probably switch the box for binos later. Or optics.

JediAL78 #11 Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:35 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19305 battles

Thanks for the advice guys and the offer of additional help, really appreciate that.

Will drop the camo net for Vents and see what difference that makes.

My 131 actually has my most skilled crew in it (which I swap between the 131, Hammer and Tiger 1, oddly enough it's my tiger crew lol), can't remember how many skills they have, it's got to be at least 8 or 9...

That's a point, it would be nice if we had the ability to check out our crews on the website as well as our tanks.

Spoiler

Sadriel Fett #12 Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:49 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28289 battles
  • [DARMY]
Haha.  My main Tiger crew is my most trained crew also, and I run them through the same way for the daily doubles.  It's just easier, since you don't have to change up your play style when running them through.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users