TVP VTU honestly not that bad.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Albapfalzd3 #21 Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22488 battles

I started this grind this weekend and I must say that this tank is painful. It's most serious shortcoming is it's total lack of armor. It does remind me in a way of the French AMX CDC except with a worse gun and much slower. I have to keep reminding myself to stay in the back and take shots of opportunity. Play it like a TD almost but that is totally against my play style in a Medium tank. I just want to get it over with and move up. I am still only on the second upgrade but close to unlocking the third which is the bigger engine and better 8.8cm. I should unlock that early this evening (probably after 1st match). The tank looks and reminds me of the Tier VI T40 only with more hit points.

Roy

Albapfalzd3 #22 Posted 18 April 2019 - 11:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22488 battles

Well I finished the grind last night and I managed to Ace it and Mark it so I am done with it. Sold it. Now I just have to run my crew through some premiums for a bit until it finishes the skill it's working on and gets over trained then I'll buy the Skoda T 50. I hear it's initial grind is taxing on ones soul until you unlock the final package. I have a bunch of free XP (almost 500K) but one of the reasons why I have a ton of Free XP is that I just bear with the grinds and don't XP out although I have in the past. Just not recently.

Roy

spuddud987654321 #23 Posted 28 April 2019 - 02:29 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15416 battles
After all the naysaying and gnashing of teeth about this tank I'm surprised it's not that bad.  I finally bought the tank after quitting this line ages ago.  Free experienced to the 105 and with a no skill crew it's very much like a better armed cdc.   I prefer a bigger gun in the fight and while it's not as good as the mcdragon in anyway it's reload is similar.  Was platooning with my son's mcdragon and we made it work.  I only bought this thing as another tank to run the machine contract on and while it does have its shortcomings it's not unusable.  Best part is it backs up quickly after a shot.  No gun depression no armor and subpar view range.  But nice alpha and decent accuracy at longish range.

Albapfalzd3 #24 Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22488 battles

View Postspuddud987654321, on 28 April 2019 - 02:29 AM, said:

After all the naysaying and gnashing of teeth about this tank I'm surprised it's not that bad.  I finally bought the tank after quitting this line ages ago.  Free experienced to the 105 and with a no skill crew it's very much like a better armed cdc.   I prefer a bigger gun in the fight and while it's not as good as the mcdragon in anyway it's reload is similar.  Was platooning with my son's mcdragon and we made it work.  I only bought this thing as another tank to run the machine contract on and while it does have its shortcomings it's not unusable.  Best part is it backs up quickly after a shot.  No gun depression no armor and subpar view range.  But nice alpha and decent accuracy at longish range.

I stuck with the 88 during my grind. Never tried the 105. The tank can work but it is really tough, very much like the CDC IMHO just without the speed.

Roy

spuddud987654321 #25 Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15416 battles
The reason I like a bigger boom involves less exposure so less risk.  I'd rather shoot every 10-15 seconds because I get greedy then get canooed.  Plus a bigger alpha hit discourages the reds.

ALF EXTREME #26 Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 49325 battles
we must not be playing the same tvp vtu cause every tier 8 beats this thing in basically every way

I AM KING

and i declare death to all artillery, who will follow me on this righteous quest for freedom

Wroclaw #27 Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 56317 battles

View PostAlbapfalzd3, on 18 April 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

then I'll buy the Skoda T 50. I hear it's initial grind is taxing on ones soul until you unlock the final package. I have a bunch of free XP (almost 500K) but one of the reasons why I have a ton of Free XP is that I just bear with the grinds and don't XP out although I have in the past. 

i dont spend free xp either. i grind every single package.

even when you get the final package your still a large easy pen target. not as easy as the TVP was, but the gun having only 3 rounds was another nail in its coffin for me. like the TVP it does drive nice with the final engine & tracks.

normally i end up loving the tier 9's & keep them. but the only czech's i kept were the tier 6 & 10

Funktastic Ed #28 Posted 25 May 2019 - 03:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18996 battles

Worst tank in the game, a lot of tier VII are more powerfull and more efficient against tier IX or X than this tier VIII.

Thin armor without any good slopes to rely on, poor gun penetration, bad speed, bad traverse, weak view range, bad gun depression… no asset at all.

This thing should be tier VII, even there it would be kind of meh. 

"Idiots dare everything, that's how you really know they are."

Koncorde #29 Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:51 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24745 battles

I am surprised of all the tanks to get buffs, this one gets nothing.

At 7 it would at least have enough derp to take down 6's and function like a mobile tank destroyer. At the moment for that 300 alpha gun you are trading off an awful lot of effective armour and below par accuracy, poor dpm etc for some mobility and average gun depression. Any other medium in the game has you all ends up. It's 4th from bottom all time on both effiency rating, and damage ratio, and the worst in the last 30 days across the board in all categories.

Albapfalzd3 #30 Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22488 battles

View PostKoncorde, on 25 May 2019 - 10:51 PM, said:

I am surprised of all the tanks to get buffs, this one gets nothing.

At 7 it would at least have enough derp to take down 6's and function like a mobile tank destroyer. At the moment for that 300 alpha gun you are trading off an awful lot of effective armour and below par accuracy, poor dpm etc for some mobility and average gun depression. Any other medium in the game has you all ends up. It's 4th from bottom all time on both effiency rating, and damage ratio, and the worst in the last 30 days across the board in all categories.

Yeah it's a dog but like all dogs it's has it days. I managed to Ace it and 1 mark it so I sold it as soon as I unlocked the Skoda. You know it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the size of a house and all with a better camo rating but it is what it is. Grind it and move on. The Skoda T50 isn't much better until you unlock the final package and then it is a pretty solid tank.

Roy 

Orbtastic1 #31 Posted 30 July 2019 - 08:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 41873 battles
  • [UK]
I aced it with a 6k combined game but this is hands-down, the worst tank (tier for  tier) in the game. Zero redeeming features.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users