Ranked Battles still needs serious changes..
My main gripe is that the entire point system is based on wins, you cant gain any in a loss..
This point system needs to be done away with, as does the ridiculous ranks such as grand master and the likes..
If ranked battles is based solely on wins, which it should be, then a proper rank system needs to be put in place.
This ranked system would be as such:
- Everyone starts out at rank 25
- The goal is to reach rank 1
- In order to reach the next rank you must obtain a certain amount of stars
- Stars are obtained and lost by either winning or losing
- The amount of stars required starts out at 2 and increases by 1 every 5 ranks
- It is possible to lose your ranks by losing consecutive games
- However, certain ranks are permanent
- Ranks 25-20 are all permanent, meaning once you obtain it you cannot go back
- Ranks 15, 10, 5, and 1, are also permanent and you will be unable to lose them once you reach them
- Your rank determines who you play against in ranked battles
- Ranks 25-20 will play each other, Ranks 19-15 play each other, Ranks 14-10, Ranks 9-5, and Ranks 4-1
- The above can be changed to balance out low queue numbers
- At the end of the season, your rank determines prizes that you are eligible for
- These such prizes could vary between silver, boosts, gold, garage slots, tanks, or medals
- If medals were made prizes, one could also make it so if you obtain a certain amount of rank 1 medals, you can exchange them for prizes
I am hoping for feedback on this, especially feedback from jeff, max, pain, or other WG devs.
This is personally something that I believe we need to push for if we want ranked battles to even be worth playing.
Let alone for it to not be broken as they are now.