Buffing Churchill one updated

Heavy/British/Churchill one

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Buffing the Churchill one (47 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should the Churchill 1 be buffed?

1. yes (29 votes [61.70%])

Percentage of vote: 61.70%

2. no (18 votes [38.30%])

Percentage of vote: 38.30%

Vote Hide poll

JOSEFF50 #21 Posted 14 July 2019 - 03:27 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4779 battles
a possible way to buff this tank is to give the Churchill 7 turret and this would be why : http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_churchill_IX.html or Churchill 3 turret with appliqué armour as shown here https://www.thechurchilltrust.co.uk/churchill-mark-iii

TransparentBlue #22 Posted 14 July 2019 - 10:21 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 13414 battles
This tank is good enough already, so much so that I already use Churchill as a verb.

As in "Hold my beer! I'm gonna go Churchill the hell outta the red team right now."

Churchill I, III, and VII are plenty fine without a buff. They're great at being anvil tanks.  

But the Black Prince is the only tech tree tank I've experienced that I thought should get preferential matchmaking.  I hated that one, used so many XP multipliers to get past it, so happy to be done with it...

iNsaneMilesy #23 Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:14 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16401 battles
  • [XXXCP]
Churchills need to turn on the spit MUCH faster. They have the ability to have independent tracks in reality, making turning easy, yet in the game only one track moves and takes forever to face your target. Case in point, the Gun Carriage has this ability. In reality, they were the first tank to get them. They should also be able to climb better than any of the WW2 era tanks due to their insane torque, which would give them a better advantage as hill snipers, this makes up for the slow speed.
THIRTY CORPS (XXXCP)

Albapfalzd3 #24 Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22963 battles

View PostiNsaneMilesy, on 19 September 2019 - 01:14 AM, said:

Churchills need to turn on the spit MUCH faster. They have the ability to have independent tracks in reality, making turning easy, yet in the game only one track moves and takes forever to face your target. Case in point, the Gun Carriage has this ability. In reality, they were the first tank to get them. They should also be able to climb better than any of the WW2 era tanks due to their insane torque, which would give them a better advantage as hill snipers, this makes up for the slow speed.

I agree with everything you have said except the Hill Sniper part. No gun depression keeps this from happening. In reality the Churchill was an extremely efficient hill climber and could maintain speed while climbing even very steep slopes, some thing that is not reflected very well in the game at all. 

Roy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users