AMX 50 Foch(155) Is Borderline UNPLAYABLE. BUFF NEEDED.

Tier 10 Foch 155 Tank Destroyer Buff Nerf Unplayable

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

TheyCallMeBiIIy #1 Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:58 PM

Private

• Players
  • 19153 battles

I have played this tank 600+ times now, and after a year of not playing, I came back... And I'm devastatingly disappointed with this tank. I was told Wargaming nerfed it to hell, but I didn't believe it.

I get HEAT through my frontal by tier 9's.

I get sniped by fellow tier 10 heavy tanks that shoot my T bar from 400+ meters away NO PROBLEM.

I get one-hit by arty a majority of the time I'm shot, and the gun seems inaccurate as all hell. Not to mention how slow this thing is. It has little to no armor, AND it's slow? What the hell?

It can't side-scrape.

I need to take damage to get shots off. The list goes on and on.

I don't care about the alpha damage being nerfed, but the T-bar weakness got BIGGER from the last time I played? Why War-Gaming? Why do you hate all other nationality of tanks besides Russian? Give the upper plate the tiniest bit more armor, the roof 100mm+ make the left and ride sides of the T-bar "no damage" zones(Like they were BEFORE NERF), and make the aim time faster(2.50?). The sides can still be butter, and every other Tier 10 TD can aim, shoot, and pen it reliably, but that means the other types of tanks need to actually TRY to pen it instead of auto-locking and what seems like auto-penning.   

Deadshot Strike #2 Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:23 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 52506 battles
  • [DG]
I feel your pain - it was my fav tier 10 before the nerfs :(

Join Death or Glory Clan: https://console.worl.../clans/xbox/DG/

ApicalBag43892 #3 Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:05 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

It's like the AT line tanks except it's not the Tortoise, it has a nerfed Waffle 15cm gun, and it has the same damage potential as the BATCHAT, a far superior vehicle... which has always bewildered me intensely!  Wargaming get :medal:​ for maximum effort... in cr@pping on french tanks!  I would rather play the Tortoise as a tier ten than the Foch 155, as long as the Waffle is in the game, it's cr@p!  Also, it should Really get a 120mm autoloader with a six shell clip, above-average to good accuracy, a 2 second inter-shell reload, and the same reload as the T57 Heavy. I'd play it then...:hiding:

signature.png

Edited by ApicalBag43892, 22 February 2017 - 03:07 AM.

Thee Turtle God #4 Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30150 battles

I know the foch is probably the worst X td next to the 263 but that is what is so good about it. Being able to outplay/ outperform and amaze everyone who you're playing with/against.

When you do well it is that much better than if you just walked to the club with an e3 or sitting in the back with a 183. This tank for me is both hilariously fun and frustrating at the same time.

But yeah they did nerf it to the ground. (I like to think of it as increased the difficulty)

I like turtles.

RAD FROOD 25 #5 Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14981 battles
  • [PF201]
I've got the AMX AC 48 and it's really good so I hope it gets better as I get the Foch but by the sound of it I should just stop where I am 

moonwhistle #6 Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34491 battles

View PostRAD FROOD 25, on 02 March 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

I've got the AMX AC 48 and it's really good so I hope it gets better as I get the Foch but by the sound of it I should just stop where I am 

if you think the 48 is good you might actually enjoy the rest of this horrific line. i did not!

Thee Turtle God #7 Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:10 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30150 battles

View PostRAD FROOD 25, on 02 March 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

The IX is great and the X is difficult to do well in but it can be fun. But be aware that the "armour" you have is only good when people are not firing premiums and if you stay mobile. But if you wanna just sit in the second line, they are great tanks.

I like turtles.

RMDavis #8 Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:56 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8013 battles

I'm really enjoying this tank, although it can be very frustrating to play at times (like any tank I suppose!) 

Just clocked over 100 games, and managed to get my first mark. It's fast becoming my favorite tier 10

any advice or tips I can put to good use?

Stormofcod #9 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4891 battles
  • [-HR-]

View PostRMDavis, on 08 May 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

I'm really enjoying this tank, although it can be very frustrating to play at times (like any tank I suppose!) 

Just clocked over 100 games, and managed to get my first mark. It's fast becoming my favorite tier 10

any advice or tips I can put to good use?

In the same boat. Just got mine a few days ago and its been a lot of fun but also rage inducing at times.

My recommendations would be to stick to sniping and save any thoughts of brawling till late game. The tank is awesome at cleaning up 900hp or less reds or clipping out that enemy Jageroo, Deathstar, E5, E3 that's full health and decimating your team. Also, always think about using your mobility to relocate rather than try and trade with an opposing tank after you've been spotted. Peak-a-boom in this tank, especially on hills, is tough since you have such a narrow gun arc, crap gun depression, and such a mind-numbingly long reload so rushing shots isn't recommended. Also, if you don't think you can reliably hit the target you should generally not take the shot. You preferably want every shot you take to land since the difference between 2 or 3 or even 1 versus 2 rounds can literally determine whether you survive or die. In terms of managing reloads, I make it a rule that if I can't get rid of my last round within 20-30 seconds to just go for the reload. When your relocating is another really good time for reloads, as well. 

Other tips would be not putting yourself into positions where your likely to take fire from multiple angles given your paper thin sides. Despite the frontal weakspots, I find the front plate is very bouncy and 2k-3k blocked damage games are fairly common if you can keep the enemy directly in front of you. Also, this is definitely a tank to platoon with friends in as you're really dependent on your team to finish off enemies you low roll on and leave with a sliver of health and deter enemies from advancing when your on your reloads. Tbh, I've found bad teams to generally be what kills this tank a majority of the time. Carrying is only really possible when the enemy team is crap, doesn't coordinate, the map is large and you can 1v1 enemies then sneak away for a reload. 

Lastly, be wary of the gun handling, and always try and aim center mass as the gun has the tendency to produce track shots/critical hits. Never, ever rush your shots. Fully aim in, make sure that reticle's dark red and the enemy's not moving or anticipate and adjust accordingly. Anyhow, that's my two cents. Good Luck. 

Edited by Stormofcod, 09 May 2017 - 12:13 AM.

RMDavis #10 Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:58 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8013 battles

View PostStormofcod, on 09 May 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

In the same boat. Just got mine a few days ago and its been a lot of fun but also rage inducing at times.

My recommendations would be to stick to sniping and save any thoughts of brawling till late game. The tank is awesome at cleaning up 900hp or less reds or clipping out that enemy Jageroo, Deathstar, E5, E3 that's full health and decimating your team. Also, always think about using your mobility to relocate rather than try and trade with an opposing tank after you've been spotted. Peak-a-boom in this tank, especially on hills, is tough since you have such a narrow gun arc, crap gun depression, and such a mind-numbingly long reload so rushing shots isn't recommended. Also, if you don't think you can reliably hit the target you should generally not take the shot. You preferably want every shot you take to land since the difference between 2 or 3 or even 1 versus 2 rounds can literally determine whether you survive or die. In terms of managing reloads, I make it a rule that if I can't get rid of my last round within 20-30 seconds to just go for the reload. When your relocating is another really good time for reloads, as well. 

Other tips would be not putting yourself into positions where your likely to take fire from multiple angles given your paper thin sides. Despite the frontal weakspots, I find the front plate is very bouncy and 2k-3k blocked damage games are fairly common if you can keep the enemy directly in front of you. Also, this is definitely a tank to platoon with friends in as you're really dependent on your team to finish off enemies you low roll on and leave with a sliver of health and deter enemies from advancing when your on your reloads. Tbh, I've found bad teams to generally be what kills this tank a majority of the time. Carrying is only really possible when the enemy team is crap, doesn't coordinate, the map is large and you can 1v1 enemies then sneak away for a reload. 

Lastly, be wary of the gun handling, and always try and aim center mass as the gun has the tendency to produce track shots/critical hits. Never, ever rush your shots. Fully aim in, make sure that reticle's dark red and the enemy's not moving or anticipate and adjust accordingly. Anyhow, that's my two cents. Good Luck. 

I know what you mean bud! The gun's accuracy can be a little lackluster at times... 

Equipment wise I'm currently using: GLD, Vents, and Coated Optics. Due to the crappy gun arc, and the constant need to move I have ignored both the Camo Net, and Bino's

Current crew skill: Sixth Sense, Brothers In Arms, Clutch Braking, Snap Shot, Camouflage, and training Repair

Thanks for your advice, and it seems your experience is very similar to mine especially when it comes to ammo management, and knowing when to shoot. 

When you're in a strong/confident position this tank is a monster! I clipped a T57 Heavy over the weekend, and the player sent me rather pleasant message, which I though was quite ironic given what tank he was playing! :teethhappy:

Stormofcod #11 Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:57 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4891 battles
  • [-HR-]

View PostRMDavis, on 09 May 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

I know what you mean bud! The gun's accuracy can be a little lackluster at times... 

Equipment wise I'm currently using: GLD, Vents, and Coated Optics. Due to the crappy gun arc, and the constant need to move I have ignored both the Camo Net, and Bino's

Current crew skill: Sixth Sense, Brothers In Arms, Clutch Braking, Snap Shot, Camouflage, and training Repair

Thanks for your advice, and it seems your experience is very similar to mine especially when it comes to ammo management, and knowing when to shoot. 

When you're in a strong/confident position this tank is a monster! I clipped a T57 Heavy over the weekend, and the player sent me rather pleasant message, which I though was quite ironic given what tank he was playing! :teethhappy:

Yeah, optics over binos is definitely the right move just considering the gun arc issue alone. For future crew skills I'd recommend the view ranger buffers: Situational Awareness and Recon. Also, track mechanic, off-road driving, and controlled impact (nothing better than following up that unlucky low roll with the ram for the kill). 

Glad to help a fellow Foch driver out. And ah, glad to hear you dished it back at a T57. I've personally found that tank to be the biggest threat generally, besides maybe the Waffle. I always seem to get controlled by the turret with at least one of my shots, but I think its because a shot winds up veering towards the gun mantlet and auto-bouncing -- courtesy of French gun-handling :trollface:

poibugpinball #12 Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 41793 battles
Had mine before the last two or three nerfs it had - sad really - this is why you see so few of them now - WG must know it as they will have stats of vehicles played - % wise of the people who own them

BladesForBelial #13 Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14479 battles

poor shell velocity, "please shoot me here" weakspots, long reload for a 3 clip.

tbh, this thing would be 10x better if they just made the 155 a single shot with a 13-14 second reload and made the rounds ~1000 m/s 

i am no fan of tier x td's, in fact i recently sold all mine in quiet defiance of the current meta, but the fact that this tank got hammered into obscurity is no bueno. 

JudgedApollo93 #14 Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:21 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14755 battles
  • [BT42]

View PostApicalBag43892, on 21 February 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

It's like the AT line tanks except it's not the Tortoise, it has a nerfed Waffle 15cm gun, and it has the same damage potential as the BATCHAT, a far superior vehicle... which has always bewildered me intensely!  Wargaming get :medal:​ for maximum effort... in cr@pping on french tanks!  I would rather play the Tortoise as a tier ten than the Foch 155, as long as the Waffle is in the game, it's cr@p!  Also, it should Really get a 120mm autoloader with a six shell clip, above-average to good accuracy, a 2 second inter-shell reload, and the same reload as the T57 Heavy. I'd play it then...:hiding:

signature.png

6 shell drum with good accuracy.....I want to break the game as well

JudgedApollo93 #15 Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:24 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14755 battles
  • [BT42]
Really though WG, Foch 155 does need some love.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users