Switching from pc to here

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Reddeath191 #1 Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:51 PM

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

Hey folk, I would like to know the differences between the 2 versions i have play the pc version for 5 years now.and i heard that the console version was a bit better than the pc version is this true ?

i know the console must take longer to keep up to date with the content

Bliziu #2 Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9138 battles
  • [303]
Console versions are really close to PC in matter of updates and tech trees. This game is way better here due to lack of mods, and cheats/hacks. Pure skill matters here :)

Kaystonian #3 Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:17 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6445 battles

View PostReddeath191, on 24 February 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

Hey folk, I would like to know the differences between the 2 versions i have play the pc version for 5 years now.and i heard that the console version was a bit better than the pc version is this true ?

i know the console must take longer to keep up to date with the content

View PostBliziu, on 24 February 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

Console versions are really close to PC in matter of updates and tech trees. This game is way better here due to lack of mods, and cheats/hacks. Pure skill matters here :)

What he said tho the down fall is the amount of fail  teams an lack of team work is absolutely terrible. This once you learn to switch from the mouse to controller(took me a minute to adjust was a pc player since 2011) this game is better tho the best game I've play from wg was wows. An tbh if it ever comes to console I'll drop wot in a heartbeat for wows

CpG_SH4RK-B1TE #4 Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6319 battles
  • [-V-]
The only thing we don't have is clan battles and strongholds, apart from that pretty much the same.
There were talks of Xbox and PlayStation merging together to play on same servers, maybe then they will introduce clan battles.

Gigantic Owl #5 Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20694 battles
  • [7F]

View PostBliziu, on 24 February 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

There are no cheats or hacks on PC either. Mods are things like changing reticle or tank skins, not anything that will give you a significant advantage in the game.

Certified elitist stat shamer

Check out my guides on the bunker.  http://thebunker.fre...ide-compilation

BM9875 #6 Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 2491 battles

I find them both about the same.  Though I get more consistent games on PC than console, but Raibot is light years better than WoT PC NA CS. 

Yea, I'm still very salty over that E 25 [edited]and their unwillingness to help or even work with me given a special situation.

Garage Tanks

Aussie Pride 4L #7 Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:18 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1485 battles

View PostGigantic Owl, on 24 February 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

There are no cheats or hacks on PC either. Mods are things like changing reticle or tank skins, not anything that will give you a significant advantage in the game.

actually look up warpack and you'll see, especially the south east Asian server with aussies and Asians on it

Herk11 #8 Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:49 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8838 battles
  • [ACE]
Mods where significant advantage. Extra zoom out its really helpful. Last place enemy tank was spotted is huge advantage. Skins that's show weak spots on enemy tanks in game lol. Some people would have these ans some wouldn't so there is advantage.
Console everybody is on same level besides Internet connection so definitely more on skill

KanonFyodor #9 Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3865 battles
Another difference that doesn't get mentioned a lot are the upgrade packages. On PC you can pretty much pick and choose from all the items in the vehicles tree to mix and match, but you cannot do that on console. All of the upgrades are pre-selected packages and can't be modified. You want that gun? Then you also have to get this turret and this engine. Many times it's just an annoyance if anything but there are a few tanks where it's really a pain in the tuchas!

HeavyKaragh #10 Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 35736 battles
  • [BAC]
On console, players advance faster. Both crew development and tank upgrade are very simple and straightforward.

You can use a crew coming from a light tank on a heavy without problem, because all crew is represented by the commander. No need to care about compatibility of your premium tank crews with your tech tree tanks. You can move a crew coming from the T95 into a T29 Light premium.

You don't train each crew member on a skill, instead you train the commander on any skill available in the game. Once you learn that skill, you select another.

Tank development is based on packages, wich represent some production version of the tank. For example, a package may upgrade the gun and engine, were another may include only a new turret. If you developed an engine or gun, it's developed for each tank on that tree, and its XP value discounted from other packages regardless of tank. The system is simple, and player doesn't have to check maximum load for the suspension or anything like that. The drawback is that you may not be able to mount some guns with top engine or suspension, for example VK Leopard 5cm gun with top engine and radio, but there aren't many of these problems, and sometimes WG adds these packages to the tank.

pingwrx #11 Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11846 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostGigantic Owl, on 24 February 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

Not true I have seen videos where the guys gun wasn't even pointed in the direction he was firing and penning someone.

luds38 #12 Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:00 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9659 battles
  • [ACE]

Consoles is much difficult to play.

Keyboard and mouse is literally, point and click,

Working those analogs with your thumbs though, that takes some skills.

Sovietdeath #13 Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:20 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13159 battles
  • [-RE-]

View Postpingwrx, on 05 March 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

Not true I have seen videos where the guys gun wasn't even pointed in the direction he was firing and penning someone.

That can easily be explained by lag and the horrible rendering of shells in the game as shots are generated from the base of the gun, not the muzzle, a KV-2 firing on the move can come out almost 60° from center of the barrel in cases.Even more if the person watching it has lag or connection issues.

Shells can even change direction mid flight if there is enough server lag between the client and server

Sovietdeath #14 Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:24 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13159 battles
  • [-RE-]

View Postluds38, on 07 March 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

Consoles is much difficult to play.

Keyboard and mouse is literally, point and click,

Working those analogs with your thumbs though, that takes some skills.

PS4 has keyboard and mouse but you need to set it up yourself and have a compatable set

as WG doesn't have any k/m support in the game itself

MegaB0B0 #15 Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8784 battles

The big plus :

No mods of any kind

no bots of any kind 

no cheating

every one is fair game as long as server ping holds up lol

the difference : 

you can't use your all trusted mouse to pin point that hatch, that gun port, the small armour that is weaker etc, so no hope of pulling off that miracle hit when you are facing that dreaded tier 10 td with hairline amount of health ready to eat you with its high alpha gun head on... 

You have to rely on the RNG auto aim when you circle around your victim in a medium or light, good luck hitting all of your clip.. 

That one bounced... WTF..not at 100m and not twice in a roll and not on the side of a Walfe-100 with a BL-10!!!

olemanbyers #16 Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 8225 battles

View PostHeavyKaragh, on 05 March 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

You can use a crew coming from a light tank on a heavy without problem, because all crew is represented by the commander. No need to care about compatibility of your premium tank crews with your tech tree tanks. You can move a crew coming from the T95 into a T29 Light premium.

You don't train each crew member on a skill, instead you train the commander on any skill available in the game. Once you learn that skill, you select another.

that's one thing i always found tedious about the PC version, it's way more complicated than it has to be.

you don't have to have a premium medium to train mediums or have the right amount of crew members in a premium.

pingwrx #17 Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11846 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostSovietdeath, on 06 March 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

That can easily be explained by lag and the horrible rendering of shells in the game as shots are generated from the base of the gun, not the muzzle, a KV-2 firing on the move can come out almost 60° from center of the barrel in cases.Even more if the person watching it has lag or connection issues.

Shells can even change direction mid flight if there is enough server lag between the client and server

l was talking about the pc version.

Gigantic Owl #18 Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20694 battles
  • [7F]

View Postpingwrx, on 07 March 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

l was talking about the pc version.

So was he

Certified elitist stat shamer

Check out my guides on the bunker.  http://thebunker.fre...ide-compilation

Kaystonian #19 Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6445 battles
I like the reticle an time 30 zoom mod but it better here without the mods because everyone is on equal grounds. However I would like to see an xvm type of deal so I could hunt down the good players like on pc

HeavyKaragh #20 Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 35736 battles
  • [BAC]

View PostKaystonian, on 11 March 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

However I would like to see an xvm type of deal so I could hunt down the good players like on pc

That could be used by other players to hunt down the bad players. I'd have no problem showing some ranking AFTER game.

Extensive zoom and user interface options can be implemented internally, and that is what Wargaming should look at.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users