XP & Crew XP Boosts for time periods instead of per battle.

XP Crew XP Bonuses Boosts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: XP Boosts for time periods instead of per battle (6 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you rather have XP Boosts (regular and Crew) for time increments instead of per battle?

1. Yes (5 votes [83.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. No (1 vote [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Hide poll

Sadriel Fett #1 Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:23 AM

First lieutenant

• Supertester
  • 13748 battles
  • [VODE]

A few of us were talking about how the current XP boosts (any type of boosts) are kind of a craps-shoot.  They're pretty expensive for what you get and if you have a bad game, it's pretty much wasted.  What I would suggest is maybe charging a little more for the boosts, but making them enabled for a specific time increment instead of making them "per battle.".  Making it so we could turn them  on or off in the Operations tab would be even more awesome, too, with some kind of timer showing how much is left on the boost.  Something very similar to how many MMO's currently do their XP boosts in-game.  

Even if we couldn't turn them on or off, if they charged a little more for them, but had it where they were for a 1-day, 3-day, or 7-day period, instead of per battle, I bet they'd fly off the shelves, so to speak.  Heck, even making some that are only 6 or 12 hour increments would be great for those that can only get online for a little bit at a time.  I know some like to use the excuse, "well, it'll have an impact on the economy, so we won't do it."  I would certainly hope something like this would definitely have an impact on the economy.  I think it'd give a pretty big boost (no pun intended) to the sales of the different types of XP boosts offered and it should be a big hit with the player base.  You wouldn't always be worried you just wasted an XP boost by having a bad game because of bad teammates or RNG.  Sounds like a win-win for everyone.

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."

(0 0)
---ooO-(_)-Ooo---

rick007cmx1 #2 Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:02 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 40183 battles
I think Xp should take time into consideration, but must move at least 1.5 km

Darkgift #3 Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 9498 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postrick007cmx1, on 14 March 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

I think Xp should take time into consideration, but must move at least 1.5 km

How does distance equate to time?

What if you are in an ELC, what if you are in a tortoise?

Dark

Thanks go to Violet Viper X for the sig!

Also tagged with XP, Crew XP, Bonuses, Boosts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users