XP & Crew XP Boosts for time periods instead of per battle.

XP Crew XP Bonuses Boosts

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: XP Boosts for time periods instead of per battle (17 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you rather have XP Boosts (regular and Crew) for time increments instead of per battle?

1. Yes (15 votes [88.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.24%

2. No (2 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Vote Hide poll

Sadriel Fett #1 Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:23 AM

Captain

• Supertester
  • 15566 battles

A few of us were talking about how the current XP boosts (any type of boosts) are kind of a craps-shoot.  They're pretty expensive for what you get and if you have a bad game, it's pretty much wasted.  What I would suggest is maybe charging a little more for the boosts, but making them enabled for a specific time increment instead of making them "per battle.".  Making it so we could turn them  on or off in the Operations tab would be even more awesome, too, with some kind of timer showing how much is left on the boost.  Something very similar to how many MMO's currently do their XP boosts in-game.  

Even if we couldn't turn them on or off, if they charged a little more for them, but had it where they were for a 1-day, 3-day, or 7-day period, instead of per battle, I bet they'd fly off the shelves.  Heck, even making some that are only 1-hr, 3-hrs, or 6-hrs increments would be great for those that can only get online for a little bit at a time.  I know some like to use the excuse, "well, it'll have an impact on the economy, so we won't do it."  I would certainly hope something like this would definitely have an impact on the economy.  I think it'd give a pretty big boost (no pun intended) to the sales of the different types of XP boosts offered and it should be a big hit with the player base.  You wouldn't always be worried you just wasted an XP boost by having a bad game because of bad teammates or RNG.  Sounds like a win-win for everyone.

--Faster Crew Training w/ Mentor Skill--Spreadsheet (created by JacKTh4RiPPa)

--Tank XP and Crew XP Calculator & Sortable Premium Tanks Bonus Values--Spreadsheet (created by MaxChaos24)

--Equipment, Consumables, & Skills/Perks Effectiveness Stats Calculators: Tanks.GG or WoTinfo

--Sortable In-depth Player Tank Stats: TankStats.net

rick007cmx1 #2 Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 42960 battles
I think Xp should take time into consideration, but must move at least 1.5 km

Darkgift #3 Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11006 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postrick007cmx1, on 14 March 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

I think Xp should take time into consideration, but must move at least 1.5 km

How does distance equate to time?

What if you are in an ELC, what if you are in a tortoise?

Dark

Thanks go to Violet Viper X for the sig!

Sadriel Fett #4 Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:26 AM

Captain

• Supertester
  • 15566 battles
Bumping this again.  After getting all these XP boosts as rewards for Ops this week, I swear this sounds better more than ever.  I don't know why I even bother using these one-time XP boosts.  It's like the game knows when your'e using it or something and decides to screw you over.  Every time I enable one, I get the absolute crappiest teams and we lose spectacularly.  EVERY. DAMN. TIME!  I'd rather just have the ability to sell them back for silver or something, because honestly, I'd make more damn money doing it that way.  I make more silver and XP just doing regular matches than when I do using an XP boost.  This is exactly why I will never pay real money to purchase gold to get these things.  They're a waste.  If they were like XP boosts other games have, where it'd enable for 1 hr, 3 hrs, and 6 hrs, I would gladly pay a little bit of extra money for something like that.  

--Tank XP and Crew XP Calculator & Sortable Premium Tanks Bonus Values--Spreadsheet (created by MaxChaos24)

--Equipment, Consumables, & Skills/Perks Effectiveness Stats Calculators: Tanks.GG or WoTinfo

MaxChaos24 #5 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:24 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10382 battles
  • [WGW]
Hello, there are no plans to change how the boost work. :honoring:

BM9875 #6 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 2517 battles
Timed boosts are way better and enjoy them more on PC, than the per battle versions we have here. I would consider buying them on PC, if I really needed to train up a crew.  I will never buy them on console as they are too random being good for only 1 battle.  Any I have here are the ones that were gifted or came with some bundle. 
Garage Tanks

GameWinner_001 #7 Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

Staff sergeant

• Supertester
  • 21299 battles
  • [D_F]
Boost OPs work fine imo. - Use them on a fully equipped tier 9 tank to shorten the tier 10 grind. Econimically the best way to use them, imo (in case of a loss: You mostly get more xp in a lost tier 9 battlle than in a lost tier 4 battle) . - You'll reach tier 10 in a heartbeat ;).

KilledByPing #8 Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5376 battles
  • [RUHUB]
Agreed. Specialy with my luck. As soon as i activate xp or silver boost OP i start loosing games :-D

Redzari #9 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10131 battles

They need to be time based just like on PC. How many times can you end up on a team that gets steam rolled in a row?  Timed would give a player the chance to win a game. One half hour Boosts.  Two 15 min. games maybe. A 6x crew boost cost ....did I do the math wrong.... a boost costs $0.80...($107÷25000gold = $.00428 per gold X 187gold =  $0.80).  Im sorry but  for 80 cents..Wargaming owes the community 1hr. Boosts for that price. I always thought how can ppl buy theses single battle use items when you can get into a battle and get wiped out in the first 3 minutes. Arty was on point and you got One Shotted.  That was just $.80. 

These Boosts are a huge waste of money IMO. 

EatingCheese571 #10 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:18 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32705 battles
  • [JERKS]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 12 May 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

hi, is it possible you can add a assign the boost to a tank ? ..say i want to use a particular boost on a tank i want to level up, we all know that the boost is activated  but will carry over to other tanks that are used  ( while the boost is activated ). meaning i could leave the boost on the tank and not worry that i have to turn it off before i get in my next tank and use a boost on a tank that i don't want to boost , i think i make sense :unsure:

Tricky Rik 36 #11 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12818 battles
I'd like to be able to apply the boost after a good game.  It's too unpredictable as it stands. I'll happily use free Op reward boosts but will never pay for them while the system continues to work as it does currently.

Sparrowhawk1970 #12 Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• Supertester
  • 10492 battles
  • [CAT-1]
I agree.  Thank you WG for the earnable boosts; however, I cannot justify and will not purchase any boost.  At my skill level the payoff potential for one game is really a crap shoot.  However, I would purchase a timed boost (eg 1-hr, 2-hr) believing there to be a better chance over 4 or 5 games to really get the benefit.

Sadriel Fett #13 Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:26 AM

Captain

• Supertester
  • 15566 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 12 May 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

Seems to be enough interest to bump the suggestion up the chain, though.  I can't see how this wouldn't make more money than the one time XP Boosts you guys use now.  Something to think about.

Muttz v2 #14 Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:23 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23726 battles

im ok with how they are. i dont buy 1 and use it, i save them up from op's and bundles then run them till there gone or i get bored. 

having them go by time will encourage afk and yoloing, and before you say it wont the day they become time not per game im gonna yolo like a mo fo and get my moneys worth. not that i pay for them but you get my point.

View PostTricky Rik 36, on 12 May 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

I'd like to be able to apply the boost after a good game.  It's too unpredictable as it stands. I'll happily use free Op reward boosts but will never pay for them while the system continues to work as it does currently.

id like this but then you'll have the situation where they never get used as allways waiting for a slighty better game so sales would drop and wg know this. 

Also tagged with XP, Crew XP, Bonuses, Boosts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users