Crew transfer penalties controversy

Crew crew transfer crew training crew xp transfer penalties conversion costs

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Crew Transfer and Crew XP controversy (49 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should you be penalized for transfering crews to several tanks

1. No, it should be free! (8 votes [16.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.33%

2. Only if it's a new tank but not if going back to an already mastered tank (33 votes [67.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 67.35%

3. Yes, WG has to keep the servers running after all! (8 votes [16.33%] - View)

Is it sensible to charge gold for crew transfer?

1. Hell no! I'm already investing time into crew training. (9 votes [18.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.37%

2. Only silver as you can earn this just as you earn XP playing. (12 votes [24.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.49%

3. Gold with the option of silver as with premium consumables! (24 votes [48.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.98%

4. Why not, I have the gold to spend. (4 votes [8.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.16%

Would you like to be able to convert tank XP to Crew XP?

1. Oh yeah! I could get skills and perks much faster. (34 votes [69.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.39%

2. No way! If you want skills invest the time and play! (15 votes [30.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.61%

Should crew XP conversion charge gold?

1. No! just silver. (12 votes [24.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.49%

2. Gold with the option of silver. (23 votes [46.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.94%

3. Only if it's a fixed charge per 100% skill/perk (say 250 gold) (6 votes [12.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.24%

4. Ok, if rate is same as conversion to Free XP (8 votes [16.33%] - View)

Vote Hide poll

NetoAH5 #1 Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9550 battles
  • [D-CKS]

After the 3.6 update rolled out last night there was one significant bug detected: crews stuck in premium tanks could no longer  go back to their "home tank" without paying a penalty.  Since this is one of the advantages of premium tanks it sparked frustration, criticism and controversy around the subject of paying this transfer penalty at all and the importance of trained crews to tank performance.

I want to know how you feel about the current penalties/fees for crew transfer and if the gold/silver charged is considered fair or just ridiculously high.  I also wanted your opinion on using elite and premium tank XP you accumulate to use for crew XP to get skills/perks instead of using it for Free XP.

Rarefication #2 Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14349 battles
It's a problem that WG is in the process of fixing...hopefully.

NetoAH5 #3 Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9550 battles
  • [D-CKS]

The current issue yes.  Hopefully quickly.  However the controversy has been going on about crew transfer penalties and getting skills much faster even before this update bug.

Rarefication #4 Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14349 battles

View PostNetoAH5, on 15 March 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

The current issue yes.  Hopefully quickly.  However the controversy has been going on about crew transfer penalties and getting skills much faster even before this update bug.

To answer your initial question: Yes I love the idea, but it seems only advantageous to the player base. Therefore, I doubt WG ever implements this idea, sadly.

Muttz v2 #5 Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:30 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23726 battles

not counting this 3.6 f up crews and the way they are set up is fine.

its much better than how pc have it and its the one ongoing grind that gives long turm players something to grind for. even if you did grind out a 25 skill crew, you'd need 2 of them, well i need 16 of them so got something to keep me goin.

aswell as  being a fps this is also a grinding game, if you do not wish to grind go play cod.

your vote and your thread is bogus. please learn what this game is about.

NetoAH5 #6 Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9550 battles
  • [D-CKS]

Why is the poll and threat bogus, because you disagree with it?  Polls are there to see how the groups feel about a certain topic. That's it.

The grind will always be there for different reasons and everyone has their own goals in this game.  But the game is NOT and could not be only about grinding.  It's about gaining experience in the strategic and tactical aspects of tanking in WoT while having fun doing it.  A grind alone sounds tortuous and tiresome in the long run.  That's what jobs are for. Ha ha ha!

I respect your opinion but that's just one in many.  Learn to respect others opinions and listen to other points of views as well.

Muttz v2 #7 Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:44 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23726 battles

View PostNetoAH5, on 16 March 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

Why is the poll and threat bogus, because you disagree with it? 

1. due to 3.6 peoples views will differ from what it would normally be.

2. this subject comes up so often most people cant be bothered voting anymore.

3. due to all the waffle you put in the choices even tho i have strong views on this matter i was unable to vote in most of the questions as none of the choices reflected my opinions.

bloodspitter101 #8 Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:00 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13447 battles

1.  The 3.6 bug with crews stuck in premium tanks.  War gaming was very fast in fixing my problem.  My son and I were angry about the bug, but they took care of our issue very fast and i can't say enough good things about the service.

2  paying gold to move crews between tanks.  I understand the logic to move up and accept the cost.  I think war gaming could look into changing the rules about costing to move a crew back to a tank the crew has already mastered. Since many of the tanks are progressions of the proceeding tier it would stand to reason they would retain the  mastery of the lower tier tank.  It would also be nice to track tank mastery of crews or the history of my crews.

Bloodspitter101

NetoAH5 #9 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9550 battles
  • [D-CKS]

View Postbloodspitter101, on 19 March 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

1.  The 3.6 bug with crews stuck in premium tanks.  War gaming was very fast in fixing my problem.  My son and I were angry about the bug, but they took care of our issue very fast and i can't say enough good things about the service.

2  paying gold to move crews between tanks.  I understand the logic to move up and accept the cost.  I think war gaming could look into changing the rules about costing to move a crew back to a tank the crew has already mastered. Since many of the tanks are progressions of the proceeding tier it would stand to reason they would retain the  mastery of the lower tier tank.  It would also be nice to track tank mastery of crews or the history of my crews.

Bloodspitter101

1. The bug was just a pretext to get this topic in the forefront regarding crew training, transfers, cost associated and perhaps another use for tank XP.  Wargaming did an amazing job keeping all players informed of the steps they were taking to solve the issue and in the end came up with a very generous solution granting everyone affected the gold to get their crews back to their "home" tanks.

2.  Totally agree that there should be some cost associated with gaining tank mastery and if they had a history of previous tanks mastered then it wouldn't be necessary to re-train the same crew to go back to a previously mastered tank.  Nice idea Bloodspitter101!

On the parallel subject of crew experience and gaining skills this poll touches on the possibility of using elite and/or premium tank XP to covert for a skill/perk instead of only available for Free XP which you can only use on tanks not crew.

PrimalSeal1965 #10 Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:31 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6701 battles

My personal feeling is in some cases to move a crewman from one tank to another is expensive. I don't think WG should charge to move a crewman back to a tank they've already been trained in. When you think about what Gold Costs you in real money and realize it can get very expensive very quickly. In that Case you might stop and think wait a second before you spend your gold so quickly. It's my belief a lot of people see Gold as fake money they tend to forget Real Money bought the gold. It's Real Money you're spending. Real Money! I can't see anyone thinking Oh I have Gold to spend Big deal unless they're ammo rack is 25 short of a full load. 

Purchasing Game Time or Purchasing tanks I have no problems with so long as it's at a price Everyone can afford. So far War Gaming has made most things affordable such as a month of game time.  Some Tanks are affordable while others not so much. ( yea those are the tanks I always want) and can't get because I can't afford it. . 

I'd point out that NOT everyone has the Income to shell out on games who want to play and love to play. Some might say that's their problems and War Gaming does let people play for free which is Awesome. But from a personal stand point. Gaming is far down on my Life Budget, If I have money to blow on Gaming I do but my bills come first.

Of course it's realized War Gaming has to make money in order to keep their servers up, pay their employees and grow the game with improvements. That's just a fact of life. BUT and Here's a But! 

If you move a crewman several times that should be entirely up to you the player you've invested tons and tons of time already and IF that particular crewman has been trained in several tanks has a load of skills you've worked to achieve it's just not fair to charge you over and and over.

It's not fair to make you pay a penalty for moving your crewman. It's just not!  You shouldn't be bound by tier either, If you've got a Crewman in a Tier 2 tank that has a boat load of skills been trained in your entire line of 25 tanks From Tier 1 to 10 and you want to move him a 100 times per day that should be up to you without costs, without penalty. If you paid to train the guy then there you go...You paid, you've already paid. 

Don't we get enough fees in life? Really? Why mess something up that's supposed be fun and enjoyable with adding more and more costs! 

Sorry for the rant but geez at every turn we get charged fees when you've already paid so it's a topic that can get the blood boiling. 

NetoAH5 #11 Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9550 battles
  • [D-CKS]
WG has recently mentioned that this is in the works.  The only thing that really has to be ironed out is the conversion rate from XP or Free XP to crew skill %.  As you mentioned converting all that XP for skills at the current conversion rate for Free XP of 1gold = 25 XP would require tons of money.  So what do you think would be the appropriate conversion rate? Perhaps use the same conversion rate as gold to silver: 1 gold = 400 XP?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users