When its a close and your teammate decides too...

TK for life

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

FBPrime #41 Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:23 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22182 battles
  • [LOGIC]

View PostDecliningSmile, on 20 March 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

It looks to me like he actually moved out of the way of his teammate, not in to the way. He went directly behind the enemy, while his teammate was to the side of the enemy. I find it very difficult to believe that this was the intention, or the perception. Looks like a simple case of a donkey TK'ing.

He was pointing his gun while he rammed me and pushed me off, made it look very intentional.

You can lead a horse to water, but in this game, you have to carry the horse to win.

FBPrime #42 Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22182 battles
  • [LOGIC]

View PostGallant Prime, on 20 March 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

Yeah but what did you do right when he was starting to unload?  You came up behind an AFK tank, shot it, and then when he starts to unload you drove up beside it, putting your tank between your teammate and the AFK red.

It looks like you were trying to preserve damage for yourself.  Not saying that was your intent per se, but it has the appearance thereof.  People do this all the time--particularly at the end of games and in platoons--blocking people off so their toon mate can get the kill or farm the damage.  I get that, and it is not against any rules.  Personally, I just think it is selfish to purposely block teammate shots to save the damage for yourself.  I just may be reading into the situation though, but...

If that is what you did and what I would imagine he saw, I can see where the guy thought you were a less than desirable teammate and sought to inflict his idea of justice.  Was he right to push you in?  Heck no!!!!!  But I think it does say something about how to avoid what may be the temperamental. 

I would submit the video to WG because hopefully if this guy has several of these, well hopefully he gets a timeout to rethink his gameplay choices. 

You can see him pen his last round into the side of the T30's turret.  Not only that, as soon as I did start to back up, he had an easily large area to penetrate a round into the hull; mind you he had a clear shot on the side of the turret the entire time considering how low my tank is to the ground.

You can lead a horse to water, but in this game, you have to carry the horse to win.

STUART SHERMAN #43 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:22 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 26404 battles
I think it looks intentional as far as ramming you to mess up your shot, at the very least. MAYBE they didn't mean to drown you, but that is what happened. No excuses for TKing.

Gallant Prime #44 Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:06 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 31515 battles

View PostDecliningSmile, on 21 March 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

It looks to me like he actually moved out of the way of his teammate, not in to the way. He went directly behind the enemy, while his teammate was to the side of the enemy. I find it very difficult to believe that this was the intention, or the perception. Looks like a simple case of a donkey TK'ing.

You need to look at the video on xboxdvr.  The video in the op is missing the part right before where he drove around shot the AFK red, then moved up beside him while at the same time his teammate is shooting.   

View PostFBPrime, on 21 March 2017 - 05:27 AM, said:

You can see him pen his last round into the side of the T30's turret.  Not only that, as soon as I did start to back up, he had an easily large area to penetrate a round into the hull; mind you he had a clear shot on the side of the turret the entire time considering how low my tank is to the ground.

Oh yeah, he hit the track with his first for damage, his second high, and his third hit the turret for damage.  He hit more than I thought initially.  After the third, he was reloading.  I would not doubt he was sniper viewing and just saw you pulling in front of his shot on the hull.  The red was a little lower down from you, so it does look like you are covering most of the reds tank.  But he hit 2 of 3 shots--pretty temperamental if he did think you were blocking.   

Now to play devil's advocate, while it does look like he was intentionally trying to knock you off, he may be a bad driver that hit a bad bump while trying to ram the AFKer off.  (Watched it again--he would have to be a really really really bad driver.)

And finally, I wonder if he did not turn blue because of the close presence of the red?

"Plan?... I just want you to destroy anything and everything you encounter!​"

Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of our enemies and establish Thy justice among men and nations.
​                                                                                                                                                                        ​--Third Army Chaplain

NightOfDeaths #45 Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 20874 battles
  • [KMD]
Just watch the minimap

Screw my elders!!!!

World of Tanks a game where it's 1 versus 29. 15 reds trying to kill you and 14 greens trying to support them. The yellows are your only hope. For signature and stats visit http://wotinfo.net/en/player-stats

2 & 3 MoEs

DecliningSmile #46 Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:10 AM

Sergeant

• Supertester
  • 11631 battles

View PostFBPrime, on 21 March 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

He was pointing his gun while he rammed me and pushed me off, made it look very intentional.

No doubt it was intentional. I was just saying that it didn't even slightly look like you were trying to block your teammate from shooting the AFK tank.

FBPrime #47 Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:44 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22182 battles
  • [LOGIC]

View PostDecliningSmile, on 21 March 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

No doubt it was intentional. I was just saying that it didn't even slightly look like you were trying to block your teammate from shooting the AFK tank.

if you look where I was right when I take my first shot, I'm in the open with no cover, mind that in the enemy spawn side there was a WT E-100 on that hill.  I drive down next to the side if the T-30 to take cover incase an enemy rolled up to shoot me.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users