Jump to content


Binoculars are mostly useless


  • Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

gbsman812 #21 Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:15 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19227 battles
  • 1,420
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View Postluds38, on 19 March 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

Binos are awesome.

 

You'll know when you should use them.

 

I use binos on support flankers, anything that I will be playing from a distance.   I put optics on tanks where I'll find myself near the front lines more and running the field.

 

For example, I have bino's on my M18 Hellcat and optics on my Chaffee.

                      Right



Mystic11Grunt #22 Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 44007 battles
  • 166
  • Member since:
    02-15-2014
As someone that mainly plays solo I find binoc's to be HUGE in most late game situations.  If the tank cannot equip a stabilizer then it almost automatically gets binoc's.  Only excections are active scouts, frontline brawlers, and arty.  MG

X1thebeast29X #23 Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12428 battles
  • 8,337
  • [AVRG]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View PostRaNdOmKiLs666, on 19 March 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Binoculars combo well with the camonet. This generally makes your detection range smaller then your view range

The Tiger II has TD level accuracy of 0.31 and base viewrange of 400. This means you can use it as a spotter/sniper on some of the more open maps with binos.

No no and more no. 


Shockingly Average Treasurer, Keeper of the Monies

Block Quote

 Less experienced and new players are ment for lower tier tanks? You sound like an elitist [edited]

Damn Elitists


fordg6eturbo #24 Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:41 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15137 battles
  • 144
  • Member since:
    02-26-2014

View PostMystic11Grunt, on 20 March 2017 - 05:19 AM, said:

As someone that mainly plays solo I find binoc's to be HUGE in most late game situations.  If the tank cannot equip a stabilizer then it almost automatically gets binoc's.  Only excections are active scouts, frontline brawlers, and arty.  MG

 

me too

Gigantic Owl #25 Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:56 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20566 battles
  • 11,015
  • [7F]
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014
Binos are useless on 99% of tanks. You should never be camping enough to use binocs on anything other then pure paper TDs

 

Certified elitist stat shamer

 

Check out my guides on the bunker.  http://thebunker.fre...ide-compilation


JatemKaa #26 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:22 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 42209 battles
  • 1,774
  • Member since:
    05-27-2014
Binos work excellent for me. As a sniper predominately, it is absolutely necessary equipment, along with Camo Nets and camo paint. Of the 60 + tanks in my garage, only the Artys and the T2 Light don't have binos. Even my LTTB and M41 Bulldog have them in case they drop into a tier 9 or 10 battle. All my crew get Recon and Situational awareness, along with camo and green thumb as quickly as possible. It is a great feeling to light up an enemy and start blasting them and they still haven't detected you. Be careful and move back after each shot diagonally and even your tracers can't help the enemy. Even have them on my Pz. II J and T7 combat car to light up enemies for arty without giving my position away.

X1thebeast29X #27 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:44 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12428 battles
  • 8,337
  • [AVRG]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View PostJatemKaa, on 19 March 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

Binos work excellent for me. As a sniper predominately, it is absolutely necessary equipment, along with Camo Nets and camo paint. Of the 60 + tanks in my garage, only the Artys and the T2 Light don't have binos. Even my LTTB and M41 Bulldog have them in case they drop into a tier 9 or 10 battle. All my crew get Recon and Situational awareness, along with camo and green thumb as quickly as possible. It is a great feeling to light up an enemy and start blasting them and they still haven't detected you. Be careful and move back after each shot diagonally and even your tracers can't help the enemy. Even have them on my Pz. II J and T7 combat car to light up enemies for arty without giving my position away.

Please tell me this doesn't apply to heavies.


Shockingly Average Treasurer, Keeper of the Monies

Block Quote

 Less experienced and new players are ment for lower tier tanks? You sound like an elitist [edited]

Damn Elitists


Knot3D #28 Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:26 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18024 battles
  • 1,956
  • Member since:
    01-18-2015
Binocs are nice on my origami TD.

BrogueOne #29 Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:23 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 7359 battles
  • 328
  • [USMC_]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View Postluds38, on 19 March 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

Binos are awesome.

 

You'll know when you should use them.

 

I use binos on support flankers, anything that I will be playing from a distance.   I put optics on tanks where I'll find myself near the front lines more and running the field.

 

For example, I have bino's on my M18 Hellcat and optics on my Chaffee.

That's about right. Optics for more active tanks and binos for the ones more suited to kemp bush



Evil-Stalker- #30 Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:40 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 10346 battles
  • 409
  • [HUNT]
  • Member since:
    01-22-2016
The vk 45.o5 b benefits with binos . Gotta spot em first to get that first shot in ..

monkeyCOWman #31 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:21 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8843 battles
  • 1,423
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014
object 416 is the only effect binocs tanks that I am running, just because it's crazing camo rating and size makes it an amazing sniper and spotter.

Garage: TOGII*, Excelsior, Matilda Black Prince, FV4202(P)^, CentennialT/95, Matilda, Cromwell^, Comet^^Centurion 7/1^, CenturionAX, Achilles, Challenger, T1E6X, T1E6X-X1, T7 CC, M22 Locust, Ram II, MTLS B, T37, Pz38H, PzIID, PzIIJ, Hammer, FCM36pack40, AMX CDC^, BDR G1B^^, ARL 44^, AMX 50 100^, T-127, BT7A-R, BTSV, Matilda IV, SU76i, Motherland, Fatherland, Object 416^, Object 430-||, Chi-Ri^Tpye 61, Type 59^

*Elite*Premium*Grind*Tier 10*marks^*Bold(Favourite)


RuefulCenturion #32 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:28 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20757 battles
  • 6,787
  • Member since:
    07-04-2013
Instead of binocs, I would rather run optics and food.

"What do you think of your team's execution?"

"I'm all for it." - John McKay


JC Old School #33 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:46 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12571 battles
  • 180
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015
On my quicker mid- to high-tier mediums I run both optics and binocs along with food.

RuefulCenturion #34 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:01 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20757 battles
  • 6,787
  • Member since:
    07-04-2013

View PostJC Old School, on 20 March 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

On my quicker mid- to high-tier mediums I run both optics and binocs along with food.

 

​That's just redundant. Totally unnecessary.

"What do you think of your team's execution?"

"I'm all for it." - John McKay


DustyHooves #35 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:12 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21634 battles
  • 2,044
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostF4NA7IC, on 19 March 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

Your equipment should compliment your tank. Binos on anything that isn't a Light/Artillery/TD is really just wasted. 

 

Binos on arty? Why?
If you're in arty and spotting tanks you're doing it wrong.

TheDeadTANKer #36 Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:02 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 13342 battles
  • 2,372
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

Depends on the tank but I use Binos on some lights,med's and TD's



scwirpeo #37 Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:06 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 30616 battles
  • 5,289
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014
Lol wrong.

You miss every shot you dont take, so shoot everything you nub.

Spoiler

 


Caveman1962 #38 Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:25 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20732 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostRuefulCenturion, on 20 March 2017 - 06:01 AM, said:

 

​That's just redundant. Totally unnecessary.

Binos work when sitting still, optics work on the move. They don't work together at the same time.



markenastrid80 #39 Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 1723 battles
  • 81
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

On my Tiger 1 i use Binocs. The Tiger 1 is pretty fast for a heavy, so i drive forward, stop at a rock somewhere with a wide view, or i'll stopt somewhere else where i can find cover. Wait 3 seconds and look if i can spot some tanks. If the other tanks come driving by i'll drive with them again. Sometimes i'll snipe where it is also usefull.

Pluspoint of binocs is that you can sell them without paying 10 gold. 

 

So switching to coated optics is possible ithout having to pay gold, the other way around is not possiblble. So if you have doubts, buy Binocs and you can sell them later if you want that.


Edited by markenastrid80, 20 March 2017 - 08:07 AM.


aidenwolf #40 Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:14 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 10941 battles
  • 402
  • [DEEPR]
  • Member since:
    02-10-2016
Max spotting range is 445, above that cuts through camo, perks, food, camo nets and bushes.

I run binos on most of my light tanks to occasionally stop and light up those camping, I mean totally skilled, nothing like arty TDs. The only light I don't run binos on is my ru251 because it never stops unless I'm flanking and need to take an aimed shot on a totally skilled, nothing like arty TDs side.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users