Jump to content


Do any of you great light tankers run binocs?

Lycan binocs

  • Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

MoodyDale #61 Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:13 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20278 battles
  • 195
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
Depends on tank.  Lower tiers usually optics and higher tiers binocs.  I do run optics on bulldog and will on LTTB when I buy that back.  Tanks like AMX 13 90, I do binocs.  Basically if most of the tanks can one shot kill you then run binocs.  Except tanks like bulldog which can disrupt the other team in the battlefield.  

TocFanKe4 #62 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:02 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14409 battles
  • 13,190
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostGigantic Owl, on 21 March 2017 - 05:35 AM, said:

After seeing who replied saying optics or binocs in gunna go with none of the good light tankers use binocs

 

Hey! :P

 

That's none of the good light tankers but TocFan use binocs. 


Edited by TocFanKe4, 21 March 2017 - 05:06 PM.

Pround ZERO Medal-er

I stream inconsistently and often with beer : https://www.twitch.tv/tocfanke4

Stream contains language that is inappropes. 


BULLPUPBAKERST1 #63 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25126 battles
  • 6,390
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 21 March 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

 

Hey! :P

 

That's none of the good light tankers but TocFan use binocs. 

 

besides...I was asking "great" light tankers, not "good" ones :teethhappy:  I'm a "good" light tanker....just not 100% of the time :trollface:

 

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

 

Sexton 1:  Balancing O-I Experimentals since 10-06-2016

 


Saerbhreathach #64 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 15867 battles
  • 11,807
  • [LIGHT]
  • Member since:
    09-14-2013

View PostBULLPUPBAKERST1, on 21 March 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

 

besides...I was asking "great" light tankers, not "good" ones :teethhappy:  I'm a "good" light tanker....just not 100% of the time :trollface:

 

 

I used to use em, way back when. Used to run camo net, bino's and vents with my little Leo, was a little spotting machine. Even ran that setup on my ELC for a time. But over time the opportunities to passively spot have gotten far and few between, most of my spotting comes from being aggressive and in a forward position. Between map design, high tier view ranges and high tier mediums you'll end up playing more like a medium(active scout) yourself then a true passive scout. In my experience.

 

If you're running in a platoon with a group you can trust, by all means equip bino's and spot for your platoon and any smart enough to hang round you guys. If you are running solo, equip optics to remain as self reliant as possible. :)



F4NA7IC #65 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:36 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16201 battles
  • 2,296
  • Member since:
    02-15-2014

View PostEamonnanChnoic, on 21 March 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

 

No I meant that Light Tanks shouldn't stop moving anyway so your binoculars will never activate if you are Light Tanking properly.

Abuse the camo ratings.. the over 100% you can get in most light tanks while stationary in a bush... Abuse the TD power!


Unofficially Revoked Temporary Retirement

Tier 10 List: M48 Patton, T110E5, T57 Heavy, T110E3, T92 HMC | Centurion AX | E50M, Leopard 1, E100, JgPzE100, WtaufE100, GWE100 | Bat 25t, AMX 30B | T62A, Obj 140, IS-7, Obj 263, Obj 268 |


TocFanKe4 #66 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:37 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14409 battles
  • 13,190
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostBULLPUPBAKERST1, on 21 March 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

 

besides...I was asking "great" light tankers, not "good" ones :teethhappy:  I'm a "good" light tanker....just not 100% of the time :trollface:

 

Well, my light tank stats are up and down.  I played my ELC a bunch before I started using 6th sense.  I got up to around 89% MoE on the 13 90, but then started playing it drunk a lot.  It dropped down to like 79%.  It took a little bit to get it back to 86% or so where I'm at now.  I played well up the German light line.  It took me a little to get used to the Spaz Panzer, but I ended up doing pretty well in it.  But I'd also tear around in it on saturday night after beersI'd alternate 3k damage games with no damage.  I'm liking the RU251 so far, but it's the same thing.  Drinking I'm not so great, but on weeknights I do well. 

Pround ZERO Medal-er

I stream inconsistently and often with beer : https://www.twitch.tv/tocfanke4

Stream contains language that is inappropes. 


BULLPUPBAKERST1 #67 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25126 battles
  • 6,390
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 21 March 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

 

 

I used to use em, way back when. Used to run camo net, bino's and vents with my little Leo, was a little spotting machine. Even ran that setup on my ELC for a time. But over time the opportunities to passively spot have gotten far and few between, most of my spotting comes from being aggressive and in a forward position. Between map design, high tier view ranges and high tier mediums you'll end up playing more like a medium(active scout) yourself then a true passive scout. In my experience.

 

If you're running in a platoon with a group you can trust, by all means equip bino's and spot for your platoon and any smart enough to hang round you guys. If you are running solo, equip optics to remain as self reliant as possible. :)

They should give lights selectable equipment slots. We load two possibles into each slot and select them before the timer reaches zero. If We get Malinovka, We can select binos, net, and rammer. If we get ensk, we can select optics, vents, and stabs. :trollface:  


 

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

 

Sexton 1:  Balancing O-I Experimentals since 10-06-2016

 


Saerbhreathach #68 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 15867 battles
  • 11,807
  • [LIGHT]
  • Member since:
    09-14-2013

View PostBULLPUPBAKERST1, on 21 March 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

They should give lights selectable equipment slots. We load two possibles into each slot and select them before the timer reaches zero. If We get Malinovka, We can select binos, net, and rammer. If we get ensk, we can select optics, vents, and stabs. :trollface:  

 







Also tagged with Lycan, binocs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users