Crew Portrait Changed After 3.6

Portrait

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MadPixelPusha #1 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18610 battles
I waited for the crew transfer bug fix before signing in after the latest update so I was fortunate that my crews were not orphaned from their home tanks, but, oddly, one of my most seasoned crews had a makeover: Adley Fensom was always a young black guy since before he set foot in the original Lunar Chaffee, but after 3.6 his portrait changed to a grizzly old white guy who looks like he shouldn't be driving. He's the only crew in my roster to have had his portrait altered. I'm wondering if I should bother the support staff with a ticket on this, or if this issue could eventually be corrected on my end with the forthcoming "Crew Customization" feature mentioned in today's Q&A. I'd like his old face back because he looked like a friend of mine, but if the feature will allow me to alter his portrait myself, then I'm happy to wait it out. So really my question is, will the forthcoming  crew customization feature allow me to choose from a selection of different portraits for existing crews? 

“Ace of Diamonds”

3×MoE | Leopard • VK 28.01 • 59-16 • Walker Bulldog • Chaffee • AMX ELC bis

Hellcat • VK 30.01 D • T67

✰ ✰ ✰

JelliedPenny08 #2 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 7868 battles

View PostMadPixelPusha, on 20 March 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

I waited for the crew transfer bug fix before signing in after the latest update so I was fortunate that my crews were not orphaned from their home tanks, but, oddly, one of my most seasoned crews had a makeover: Adley Fensom was always a young black guy since before he set foot in the original Lunar Chaffee, but after 3.6 his portrait changed to a grizzly old white guy who looks like he shouldn't be driving. He's the only crew in my roster to have had his portrait altered. I'm wondering if I should bother the support staff with a ticket on this, or if this issue could eventually be corrected on my end with the forthcoming "Crew Customization" feature mentioned in today's Q&A. I'd like his old face back because he looked like a friend of mine, but if the feature will allow me to alter his portrait myself, then I'm happy to wait it out. So really my question is, will the forthcoming  crew customization feature allow me to choose from a selection of different portraits for existing crews? 

I don't know for sure but think so. It happened to one of my best crews too - young black guy now looks like old white hobo. No other changes or ill effects. I'll change him back when I can. 

My understanding of how the crew is randomly generated is that it's 3 lists per nation:- 

- forename, 

- surname, 

- picture. 

At its most simple your crew is a random pick of one from each list thrown together. So customisation should allow you to pick any value from the pre-determined lists, to change 1 or all 3. So presumably picking a crew picture would be like selecting equipment for a slot. 

The hobo was the free crew that came with my premium tank that the good, changed crew got stuck in. But if it costs to change him back then he might stay hobo, or I might file a ticket then. 

I hope it helps, I'm going to wait and see... :)

MadPixelPusha #3 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18610 battles

View PostJelliedPenny08, on 20 March 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

I don't know for sure but think so. It happened to one of my best crews too - young black guy now looks like old white hobo. No other changes or ill effects. I'll change him back when I can. 

My understanding of how the crew is randomly generated is that it's 3 lists per nation:- 

- forename, 

- surname, 

- picture. 

At its most simple your crew is a random pick of one from each list thrown together. So customisation should allow you to pick any value from the pre-determined lists, to change 1 or all 3. So presumably picking a crew picture would be like selecting equipment for a slot. 

The hobo was the free crew that came with my premium tank that the good, changed crew got stuck in. But if it costs to change him back then he might stay hobo, or I might file a ticket then. 

I hope it helps, I'm going to wait and see... :)

Oh, man...  I didn't even consider that it might be a gold option. That's funny that the same thing happened to you. "Hobo" :D  sounds like the same dude, too! Worst impostor ever 

“Ace of Diamonds”

3×MoE | Leopard • VK 28.01 • 59-16 • Walker Bulldog • Chaffee • AMX ELC bis

Hellcat • VK 30.01 D • T67

✰ ✰ ✰

Ryenoh #4 Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:07 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2364 battles

My highest ranked crew is a black guy named Herbert Endersby, I never noticed he was black till he was already rank 5 or 6 so I had no choice but to keep him, to me it seems like he was either changed at some point in time or I have become racist since rank 1-4? I'm pretty confident he was changed and not the latter. I wouldn't even bother with it I very much doubt they would change out the picture anyways.

EDIT:

Come to think of it I DID retrain this particular crew at around the same time that might have had something to do with it, it originally started out in a medium I would swap him into my premium tanks for X2 XP around Tier V the tree went from medium to heavy and I am pretty sure he had to undergo retraining for heavy tanks.

Would like to note this had happen well before 3.6 so to that I have no knowledge.

Edited by Ryenoh, 23 March 2017 - 01:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users