Whats the point of Clans?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Jeauxjoe #1 Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:46 PM

Private

• Players
  • 1509 battles

I'm new to playing WOT, so I might be missing something when it comes to clans. 

My question as stated above is, What's the point of clans. I can't find a tab in game to help me group with members, and that is pretty much why I joined a clan. What am I missing?

Thanks for you input

sgtK80 #2 Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21504 battles
What we all are missing is a competent group of developers who would be able to produce some end game content based on clans and some tools for clans to make that structure something more than just a clantag before your gamertag. So basicaly your question is spot on. And the answer is - potato development team.
80% for weather maps, lol. Murica supreme intelect powered by Cola and MC Donalds. Have fun bois... 

Deadweight Jon #3 Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10770 battles
  • [TXG]
There's always community ran clan events such and wcl cwgl and wot cup. So if you discuss with your clan there's things you can join be it for prizes or fun.
Check out my designs and logos for gamers @ Damaged Designs
Follow all the latest Clan Wars News Here
And don't forget to go and watch all the action on Twitch!

D1G1TAL1MAGE #4 Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16128 battles
  • [ODH]

Clans would definitely have more relevance if there was a clan only meta game like Clan Wars or Strongholds (which they have on PC).  For console, I'd say these are things to consider as potential benefits:

As far as your comment about finding members, some potential solutions would be:

• a PSN Community (which would show platoons)
  • a Clan Message group (for coordination of platoons)
  • Having all fellow clan members on your friend's list (to quickly find open parties)

Happy Hunting.

ThRiLl_GmYr #5 Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18429 battles

Comprehensive list of Clan features:

1. Clan Tag

That is all.  Clans are basically just a friends list for the game.  If I had known that I would have started on PC.  Silly me thinking the existence of clans meant there would be clan features.

D1G1TAL1MAGE #6 Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16128 battles
  • [ODH]

There is a developer stream tomorrow, one of the topics to be discussed should be clans:

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/175226-improving-clan-experience/

Greywoolfe64 #7 Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:59 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16330 battles
  • [27PZR]
For me, it's having a bunch of friends you know, who can meet up in-game to have fun and a bit of a laugh. Sometimes, working in a team helps overcome some of the crappy odds that RNGsus throws at you, and you can often learn aspects of gameplay and tactics from the more experienced members. This kind of casual friendly gameplay is what consoles were designed for, as those features are built in from the get-go. The stuff you get on PC would only interest me if I was of a more competitive mindset, but as it stands at present, I'm perfectly happy with it. if you want competitive clan play, go to PC.

"Some say that he dines on lower glacis, and that he once spent three weeks hiding in a thick French bush. All we know is, he's called the Stug!"

Current garage (MOE's marked with star*) -click spoiler.

Spoiler

Sparrowhawk1970 #8 Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:34 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20295 battles
  • [CAT-1]

View PostD1G1TAL1MAGE, on 30 March 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

Clans would definitely have more relevance if there was a clan only meta game like Clan Wars or Strongholds (which they have on PC).  For console, I'd say these are things to consider as potential benefits:

As far as your comment about finding members, some potential solutions would be:

• a PSN Community (which would show platoons)
  • a Clan Message group (for coordination of platoons)
  • Having all fellow clan members on your friend's list (to quickly find open parties)

Happy Hunting.

Great summary.  

Symbiot911 #9 Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:12 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 36243 battles

View PostJeauxjoe, on 30 March 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

My question as stated above is, What's the point of clans. I can't find a tab in game to help me group with members, and that is pretty much why I joined a clan. What am I missing?

Thanks for you input

Clankers? 

MyNam3lsJosh #10 Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:35 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11741 battles

View PostJeauxjoe, on 29 March 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

Thanks for you input

To play with people of equal skill level and to boost your stats if you can do so

View PostPsycosiss, on 17 May 2014 - 01:55 AM, said:

Because the forums are for trolling not the acquisition of knowledge...

TheDepauperate #11 Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33466 battles
  • [PRIME]
Clans are definitely a disappointment right now.  I was pretty excited to see them, and join one, only to find that it really meant nothing unless you're in a very well organized and active clan that uses Discord or some other platform to coordinate and participate in community events.  It's kind of strange to join a clan to find people to platoon with only to realize that you have to go on the website to find out who's in the clan, then manually add them to your xbox friend's list or whatnot to be able to invite them to a game.  Then you end up getting random friend invites from people you have no idea who they are because the clan member list isnt accessible in-game...
Sure, it's nice that people who play together can have matching tags, but really as it stands it adds nothing to the actual game experience for most people. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users