Jump to content


Xbox - PS4

Change

  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

SlagInGristle #1 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33930 battles
  • 3,021
  • [6SIC6]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

What really prevents WG from allowing us a one time switch or maybe a once every 5 yr switch? 

 

For myself im looking at getting a PS4 since I have a bunch of 4K Samsung tvs and some other periphery devices that like PS4 also the Asia server..... probably the lag being that main issue.

 

maybe meet us half way? Change out the account but gut the equipment and crews - as I can see the issue there.


:bush:

John Arrowsmith #2 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:16 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 76004 battles
  • 15,251
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
It wouldn't surprise me if this option was bundled with the T14  at some point.:trollface:

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

 

 

 


SlagInGristle #3 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:18 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33930 battles
  • 3,021
  • [6SIC6]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 14 April 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

It wouldn't surprise me if this option was bundled with the T14  at some point.:trollface:

 

what do you mean?
:bush:

RuefulCenturion #4 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 24786 battles
  • 9,521
  • Member since:
    07-04-2013
They're called Micro$oft and $ony. 

 

 


DoggieDaddyDave #5 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11313 battles
  • 5,339
  • Member since:
    03-01-2014

View PostRuefulCenturion, on 14 April 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

They're called Micro$oft and $ony. 

Rueful you say that like it's a bad thing.  It's just capitalism at it's finest.   :trollface:


 

 

 


John Arrowsmith #6 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 76004 battles
  • 15,251
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostLetMeEatCake666, on 14 April 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

 

what do you mean?

 

It was a joke.


World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

 

 

 


Cruiser Abukuma #7 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:29 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16754 battles
  • 12,072
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013
4k samsung tv's? theyd fit a scorpio better than they would a ps4... honestly at this point buying an xbox one or ps4 is mute when you have scorpio coming in the year

 

Looking For A Clan That Openly Accepts Anime And Was Founded On It?

Then Join The Kuromorimine Mechanized Division, The Largest and Best Anime Clan On Xbox!!

Want More Information? Then PM Myself Right Here On The Forums!!


SlagInGristle #8 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:31 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33930 battles
  • 3,021
  • [6SIC6]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

There's a few other games that are cross platform. I don't see the issue. 

 

Open competition. If they want to suck and think that they will have us pay penned that's rediculous. I'm mostly speaking of Xbox live at the moment. I don't care to look into my lag issues much further but the lag I see going to Redmond is the same I see in game. 


:bush:

SlagInGristle #9 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33930 battles
  • 3,021
  • [6SIC6]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostCruiser Abukuma, on 14 April 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

4k samsung tv's? theyd fit a scorpio better than they would a ps4... honestly at this point buying an xbox one or ps4 is mute when you have scorpio coming in the year

 

I just see the PlayStation app on there and my iPads phones etc. all will work with the PS4 ( which I don't have ). I'm curious can the Sony stream music like the good old 360 can?
:bush:

Cruiser Abukuma #10 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:45 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16754 battles
  • 12,072
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostLetMeEatCake666, on 14 April 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

 

I just see the PlayStation app on there and my iPads phones etc. all will work with the PS4 ( which I don't have ). I'm curious can the Sony stream music like the good old 360 can?

 

english.. theres an xbox app for the same reason bud... if you're making a justification for buying a console a tv, or an app.. you are wasting your money... i have both.. albeit my xbox will disappear once the scorpio comes out.. i bought both for reasons related to being able to get both platforms exclusive titles.. if i were to pick one or th other that all goes down to personal preference.. 

 

Looking For A Clan That Openly Accepts Anime And Was Founded On It?

Then Join The Kuromorimine Mechanized Division, The Largest and Best Anime Clan On Xbox!!

Want More Information? Then PM Myself Right Here On The Forums!!


RatPatrol68 #11 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:46 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 42044 battles
  • 1,222
  • [YRMOM]
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostRuefulCenturion, on 14 April 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

They're called Micro$oft and $ony. 

 

Not true, because Rockstar allowed cross-platform GTA V Onine account transfer from PS3 & XBox360 to XB1 or PS4.

 

 



SlagInGristle #12 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:52 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33930 battles
  • 3,021
  • [6SIC6]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostCruiser Abukuma, on 14 April 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

 

english.. theres an xbox app for the same reason bud... if you're making a justification for buying a console a tv, or an app.. you are wasting your money... i have both.. albeit my xbox will disappear once the scorpio comes out.. i bought both for reasons related to being able to get both platforms exclusive titles.. if i were to pick one or th other that all goes down to personal preference.. 

I do not see a Xbox app for my tvs.... and my concern is this lag. If I get into a game using ea servers no issue. It's been about enough of it.


:bush:

FBPrime #13 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 48458 battles
  • 1,109
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013
If WG implemented the option to do this I would even spend money on it.


RAGNAR0K N ROLL #14 Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 19043 battles
  • 10,784
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2013

As already stated its an MS and Sony deal at least the bulk of the issue is at least. Remember this is a F2P game so most all of the money spent has to go through either Sony or MS as gatekeeper giving them a slice of the pie for each and every transaction through the respective storefronts. Unlike a retail game where the publisher gets all the money save any DLC or the subscription fees all WoT money is Sony or MS money too.


 

 Cross platform play is a different issue entirely and has been confirmed to be possible as well but Sony and MS don't want to play ball with WG to allow PS players to square off with Xbox players.


 

Though I'd say that WG would perhaps see it as a chance to have someone buy the same tanks all over again on a different platform as well. Not much different than why you cannot switch over an EU,NA or RU account between server clusters on PC.


The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

 


Cruiser Abukuma #15 Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16754 battles
  • 12,072
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostLetMeEatCake666, on 14 April 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

I do not see a Xbox app for my tvs.... and my concern is this lag. If I get into a game using ea servers no issue. It's been about enough of it.

 

you shouldnt need an xbox app on your tv... it's meant for phone tablets and pc's... 

tbh its the same for playstation... and seriously.. an app shouldnt be a make or break for a console xD


 

Looking For A Clan That Openly Accepts Anime And Was Founded On It?

Then Join The Kuromorimine Mechanized Division, The Largest and Best Anime Clan On Xbox!!

Want More Information? Then PM Myself Right Here On The Forums!!


SlagInGristle #16 Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:37 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33930 battles
  • 3,021
  • [6SIC6]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostCruiser Abukuma, on 14 April 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

 

you shouldnt need an xbox app on your tv... it's meant for phone tablets and pc's... 

tbh its the same for playstation... and seriously.. an app shouldnt be a make or break for a console xD

 

I don't and it doesn't. It's just an observation about usefulness. If I play a PS4 and no lag - Xbox is over... I have 77 titles on the one and my kids will want continued use. So I'd use the PS4 for tanks and keep my 360 if I needed to use my old garage for platoons etc.
:bush:

Cruiser Abukuma #17 Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:59 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16754 battles
  • 12,072
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostLetMeEatCake666, on 14 April 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

 

I don't and it doesn't. It's just an observation about usefulness. If I play a PS4 and no lag - Xbox is over... I have 77 titles on the one and my kids will want continued use. So I'd use the PS4 for tanks and keep my 360 if I needed to use my old garage for platoons etc.

 

i lag the same on both my consoles.. besides lag isnt console related.. lag has to do with your internet

 

Looking For A Clan That Openly Accepts Anime And Was Founded On It?

Then Join The Kuromorimine Mechanized Division, The Largest and Best Anime Clan On Xbox!!

Want More Information? Then PM Myself Right Here On The Forums!!


SlagInGristle #18 Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33930 battles
  • 3,021
  • [6SIC6]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostCruiser Abukuma, on 14 April 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

 

i lag the same on both my consoles.. besides lag isnt console related.. lag has to do with your internet

 

actually it doesn't seem to effect the ea servers nearly as much. Pc wot is not much lag either. So I see the same ping time with Redmond Washington as I see in game. WG server not so much.... so what can you do? I'm thinking to change the system. 
:bush:

Tempest fox3 #19 Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:07 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20413 battles
  • 17,488
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostLetMeEatCake666, on 14 April 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

I do not see a Xbox app for my tvs.... and my concern is this lag. If I get into a game using ea servers no issue. It's been about enough of it.

 

Pretty sure Samsung tvs simply run a modified version of an android os. It may not have an Xbox app pre-installed but you can probably download one for free.

 

Not entirely sure why you'd need an app on the TV when you could just use the console attached to the TV. 

 

I don't get lag on world of tanks, chances are whatever it is causing you to have lag will remain regardless of what console you're using. However the Xbox 360 has issues of it's own that seem like lag but in fact aren't and are more due to the old system, those will go if you upgrade to either Xbox One or ps4

 

The only real decision you need to make is which exclusive games do you like more. The ones on Xbox or the ones on ps4


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


SlagInGristle #20 Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33930 battles
  • 3,021
  • [6SIC6]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostTempest fox3, on 14 April 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

 

Pretty sure Samsung tvs simply run a modified version of an android os. It may not have an Xbox app pre-installed but you can probably download one for free.

 

Not entirely sure why you'd need an app on the TV when you could just use the console attached to the TV. 

 

I don't get lag on world of tanks, chances are whatever it is causing you to have lag will remain regardless of what console you're using. However the Xbox 360 has issues of it's own that seem like lag but in fact aren't and are more due to the old system, those will go if you upgrade to either Xbox One or ps4

 

The only real decision you need to make is which exclusive games do you like more. The ones on Xbox or the ones on ps4

I have the one and 2 surviving 360s. The 360 if there is lag - is playable. The one is unplayable with lag. None of my other games are having a lag issue - I don't really play much else. My kids don't see lag at all on the ea server games. 

 

It would really be nice to just use the one .... however - around 1.5 yrs ago they did a update on the one and the lag has been there ever since. That's a long time to wait for improvement. Ping to WG servers 49ms ping to Redmond ms servers 240ms. Ping in game 240ms......


:bush:





Also tagged with Change

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users