Dev Q and A WG Forumer

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

FBPrime #1 Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25606 battles
  • [NFTG]

As we all see the Dev Q&A come up on its weekly basis, I'm sure many others share the opinion that the questions covered are mostly irrelevant and unyielding.  An example being, "What was the inspiration behind the black stripe on HMH ISU-130? Was it historical or just a way to differentiate it from the white stripe on the ISU-122S?  We’re pretty sure it was from a reference photo. We can check with Andy D (Art Lead) once he’s back from vacation."   Of all the speculation on the forums alone there is no way this could have been a 'burning question' from the community.  Regardless of why the Dev Q&A's consistently have these kinds of questions, the questionnaire could be greatly improved.

As the title suggests, there could be a selected forumer to create/propose questions asked to the developers for the Q&A session.  This individual could be someone who is a very frequent user on the forums as well as being knowledgeable of the games inner workings.  Having someone like this in the position could permit positive feedback between the developers and the community.  As a disclaimer I am not suggesting myself.  

You can lead a horse to water, but in this game, you have to carry the horse to win.

X1thebeast29X #2 Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12743 battles
  • [AVRG]
Ace.

Shockingly Average Treasurer, Keeper of the Monies

Block Quote

Less experienced and new players are ment for lower tier tanks? You sound like an elitist [edited]

Damn Elitists

LIBARYKEEPER483 #3 Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:53 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 6079 battles
  • [BNKR-]
I could im very good at asking questions were I get good and constructive feedback 

WG: "Bricks working as intended. Check your ISP."

DecoNoir #4 Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33893 battles
As much as I would love to see something like this, more than likely they'd pick a complete sycophant for the position. So you'd likely just end up with more of the same. Or cats.

^ My awesome imaginary numbers. Because I'm too lazy to make one myself!

Contributor and General Handyman for Status Report. Like our work? Chat with us on the Status Report Discord

FBPrime #5 Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25606 battles
  • [NFTG]

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 April 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

As much as I would love to see something like this, more than likely they'd pick a complete sycophant for the position. So you'd likely just end up with more of the same. Or cats.

You or Gigantic Owl could easily clean that Q&A gutter out.  

You can lead a horse to water, but in this game, you have to carry the horse to win.

LIBARYKEEPER483 #6 Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 6079 battles
  • [BNKR-]

Example questions

How are you going to target younger people.

What incentives does your game offer to entice people to play and buy things.

Have you considered more unique advertising Movie,Cartoon,Toys etc.

How much does a veteran player mean to your game.

Do you want to follow PC or go down your own path.Do you think the community will approve of a independent thinking DEV team. 

Edited by LIBARYKEEPER483, 19 April 2017 - 07:02 PM.

GameWinner_001 #7 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:07 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertest - PS4
  • 24516 battles
  • [D_F]

View PostFBPrime, on 19 April 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

As we all see the Dev Q&A come up on its weekly basis, I'm sure many others share the opinion that the questions covered are mostly irrelevant and unyielding.  An example being, "What was the inspiration behind the black stripe on HMH ISU-130? Was it historical or just a way to differentiate it from the white stripe on the ISU-122S?  We’re pretty sure it was from a reference photo. We can check with Andy D (Art Lead) once he’s back from vacation."   Of all the speculation on the forums alone there is no way this could have been a 'burning question' from the community.  Regardless of why the Dev Q&A's consistently have these kinds of questions, the questionnaire could be greatly improved.

As the title suggests, there could be a selected forumer to create/propose questions asked to the developers for the Q&A session.  This individual could be someone who is a very frequent user on the forums as well as being knowledgeable of the games inner workings.  Having someone like this in the position could permit positive feedback between the developers and the community.  As a disclaimer I am not suggesting myself.  

I personally think that it is difficult for WG to cover all the many different interests and questions that everybody has.

Everybody has different questions burning on their minds.

But then again in the example you cited, it is not the question but the answer which is funny: The answer basically doesn't answer anything. They should've waited with this answer until said Andy D. is back from vacation :) (I really had to smile and laugh a little when I read this answer on Monday). Maybe WG even did this on purpose and just wanted to be a bit funny with this.

But basically I enjoy the weekly Q&A, the questions chosen usually cover a broad field of different topics :).

DecoNoir #8 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33893 battles

View PostGameWinner_001, on 19 April 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

I personally think that it is difficult for WG to cover all the many different interests and questions that everybody has.

But then again in the example you cited, it is not the question but the answer which is funny: The answer basically doesn't answer anything. They should've waited with this answer until said Andy D. is back from vacation :) (I really had to smile and laugh a little when I read this answer on Monday). Maybe WG even did this on purpose and just wanted to be a bit funny with this.

But basically I enjoy the weekly Q&A, the questions chosen usually cover a broad field of different topics :).

Not really, the questions have been pretty contestant for years now:

Why are balance updates so infrequent?

Why is content so reliant on PC content?

Why is content pushed through testing so fast that it still comes out as a buggy mess?

Just off the top of my head.

Contributor and General Handyman for Status Report. Like our work? Chat with us on the Status Report Discord

Joco3000 #9 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 21662 battles

Max.

The forumer you're asking about is called Max.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

DecoNoir #10 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33893 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 19 April 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Max.

And look how that turned out.

FBPrime #11 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:12 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25606 battles
  • [NFTG]

View PostGameWinner_001, on 19 April 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

The Q&A hardly ever covers anything relevant to the game or fixes and progress.  So much emphasis is put into specifics on cosmetics such as wigly bits and parts.  Or new emblems.  The community has some interest in that but there are so many other topics that are constantly coming up in the forums non stop that are never addressed or covered.

FBPrime #12 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25606 battles
  • [NFTG]

View PostJoco3000, on 19 April 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Max.

Max is a toxic person for the game.  Lacks too much knowledge about the mechanics and fundamentals as well as not being favorable of certain tank classes.

Joco3000 #13 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 21662 battles

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 April 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

And look how that turned out.

Quite well, all things considered.

Have a look through the older Q&As. About half of the questions are from Max, oftentimes asking about some of the slightly more technical side of things.

Pretty much what the OP is asking for, no?

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

LIBARYKEEPER483 #14 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 6079 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostFBPrime, on 19 April 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Max is a toxic person for the game.  Lacks too much knowledge about the mechanics and fundamentals as well as not being favorable of certain tank classes.

I talked to him one night on WOT about how he ended up were he is and he simply replied "I helped the forums alot awhile back and WG reached out to me and said if I wanted to work for them".

Jureidini #15 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23852 battles
Joco & Deco...as a team. Look at how the names just work...sounds like late night paid programming :B
I typed Jamaican tank, thats what they had.

MockCrescent323 #16 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:22 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6775 battles

View PostJureidini, on 19 April 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

Joco & Deco...as a team. Look at how the names just work...sounds like late night paid programming :B

cosign

Chimonakimi #17 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20547 battles
Roy

Cruiser Abukuma #18 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12076 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 April 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

i'd rather that than someone who leaks stuff... ;)

"But you know, There is one thing I am proud of that I want to show to everyone. Just like me, like Shidou, I wasn't really born just to disappear. I was born to love you. Just you. Thank you, Shidou..."  - Mayuri

DoggieDaddyDave #19 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9478 battles

View PostFBPrime, on 19 April 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Whoever would be selected should not have tunnel vision for just certain tank classes and should be very much in tune to the trending concerns of the player population/forumers.  The overall health and success of the game is what seems to be of high concern in the forum and I'm sure there are many players who don't frequent the forum that would also like to see the same changes/improvements that we do. Direct questions need to be asked regarding tank builds, map choices and geographies, tank package validity and function, new game content from the PC version, WG long term plans and direction, etc.  If WG is to have a "Forum/Player Rep" then there needs to be a greater ability for us to convey exactly what's on our minds besides hoping they happen upon a specific topic and read every post. This can be done easily and just so everyone knows there is a pinned topic to do this in.

Here's the link for the Pinned "Ask WG Anything" thread:

http://forum-console...sk-wg-anything/

MaxChaos24 #20 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10618 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostFBPrime, on 19 April 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

All the question you see do come from the Community. If you want something answer, you have to ask it! If you guys don't submit questions, then I try to ask some for the players on their behalf. 

Here is where the question for the Black Stripes came from:

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/177753-question-for-wg-about-the-isu-130s-paint-scheme/page__pid__3675901#entry3675901

Edited by MaxChaos24, 19 April 2017 - 07:43 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users