• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

FBPrime #101 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24857 battles
  • [NFTG]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 21 April 2017 - 03:35 AM, said:

I don't answer the questions, only ask them. The answers are all from the big guy, PAINGOD. You may not like the answers but they have all be answered.

Look at every build notes released, tons of bug fixes so not sure what you're talking about. 

What makes you think we are latched onto Global win rate? We have answered many times that we look at data based on player skill, not overall. Win rate by skill is only 1 of the many things looked at for balance, not the only thing. Balancing tanks by win rate is a player made rumor so don't believe it. 

If you constantly justify balance based off of the overall win rate it becomes obvious that is the main reason.  Its the go to crutch every time.  Most bugs are not answered directly, that is completely irrelevant.  Keep over inflating minor cosmetics for questions.  Obviously that is the #1 concern from the community.

You can lead a horse to water, but in this game, you have to carry the horse to win.

DecoNoir #102 Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33646 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 21 April 2017 - 03:35 AM, said:

I don't answer the questions, only ask them. The answers are all from the big guy, PAINGOD. You may not like the answers but they have all be answered.

Look at every build notes released, tons of bug fixes so not sure what you're talking about. 

What makes you think we are latched onto Global win rate? We have answered many times that we look at data based on player skill, not overall. Win rate by skill is only 1 of the many things looked at for balance, not the only thing. Balancing tanks by win rate is a player made rumor so don't believe it. 

Ok, so release a detailed article here or on the forum going over exactly how you balance vehicles. I think an explanation is in order for why the FV215 183 hasn't had it's HESH penetration nerfed, but the Foch 155 was nerfed into uselessness.

Seriously, what mysterious trade secrets would you be risking by actually answering that?

^ My awesome imaginary numbers. Because I'm too lazy to make one myself!

Contributor and General Handyman for Status Report. Like our work? Chat with us on the Status Report Discord

Joco3000 #103 Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 21475 battles

View PostDecoNoir, on 21 April 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

Ok, so release a detailed article here or on the forum going over exactly how you balance vehicles. I think an explanation is in order for why the FV215 183 hasn't had it's HESH penetration nerfed, but the Foch 155 was nerfed into uselessness.

Seriously, what mysterious trade secrets would you be risking by actually answering that?

​I want the raw data.

​I need to know what they are seeing, and what line of thinking they have.

​Some of the decisions as of late (and I did kick up a fuss about them each time) have left me very confused.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

DecoNoir #104 Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33646 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 21 April 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

​I want the raw data.

​I need to know what they are seeing, and what line of thinking they have.

​Some of the decisions as of late (and I did kick up a fuss about them each time) have left me very confused.

I mean, it would be one thing if the Grille just wasn't very well balanced, but it wasn't even touched. They literally just copied the PC version and plopped it in despite being on record saying they don't do that (Jeff during the last dev Q&A). Which again wouldn't be too bad if this was the only time, but the FV4005 is still feeling the sting of being tossed into the game in the same fashion.

If they can't even keep their word on that, why should we trust them with this mysterious 'data'.

^ My awesome imaginary numbers. Because I'm too lazy to make one myself!

Contributor and General Handyman for Status Report. Like our work? Chat with us on the Status Report Discord

Mobius Y #105 Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14241 battles
  • [IMTLS]
I don't think any sane individual would even accept such a nomination nor want to engage in the task afterwards.

Watch me stream games live > TwitchTwitter < Follow me for news and updates

I try to stream games every Friday evening at 9:00PM EST

I have suspended my activities on the forums indefinitely, send me a PM if you wish to communicate.

FBPrime #106 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24857 battles
  • [NFTG]

View PostMobius Y, on 21 April 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

I don't think any sane individual would even accept such a nomination nor want to engage in the task afterwards.

If we could just get someone in there who had a brain and does not act like a temper tantrum induced child there could be an atempt at good communication.

You can lead a horse to water, but in this game, you have to carry the horse to win.

Gallant Prime #107 Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:33 AM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 33121 battles
  • [47R]

View PostMobius Y, on 21 April 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

^^^^^This is the truth.  Look at the bludgeoning Max gets.  Have people really forgotten who he was?  They ae front line people providing customer service and communication.  I really don't know how Max and Rai and the others do it. 

For those thinking WG is refusing to listen to you, particularly about balance:

People say they want transparency all the time now--it's a buzz word.  People say they want transparency from WG, that they want to understand why WG makes the decisions they make.  That is not what they, the players, really want.  What they really want is to substitute their judgment for WGs.  What they are really saying is, "Give me the info.  Let me use my own values to judge what the decision should be, then do what I say based off of my values."  No one will ever convince someone or win an argument if the difference is VALUES.  People really aren't asking for transparency, they are demanding power in the decision making. 

WG like any business is balancing various interests/values of their customer base--i.e. how can WG profit the most.  How will WG providing the information, particularly if it will offend the inquirer, benefit WG? 

Now for those baying for balance changes, consider and find some comfort in this:  Abrupt changes would shock the player base.  Subtle changes over time are more acceptable.  The player base may not be able to survive a major shock.  We had the intro of the 2nd Brit TD line.  Some view ranges have since changed.  Now we have the intro of the Grille which has less alpha.  From what many have posted, the Grille is underpowered.  BUT WG will now be able to compare it against all the other non-TD 10s and the T9 TDs.  Perhaps they will find reasoning for some T10 TDs to get their alpha cut some based on the new data.  Maybe some other view ranges of T9s will be adjusted.  Gradual is the way to go, so others can accept.  Can you accept waiting for these changes if it means a healthier player base?

.​.

sidious3883 #108 Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:19 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13687 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostGallant Prime, on 22 April 2017 - 04:33 AM, said:

^^^^^This is the truth.  Look at the bludgeoning Max gets.  Have people really forgotten who he was?  They ae front line people providing customer service and communication.  I really don't know how Max and Rai and the others do it. 

For those thinking WG is refusing to listen to you, particularly about balance:

People say they want transparency all the time now--it's a buzz word.  People say they want transparency from WG, that they want to understand why WG makes the decisions they make.  That is not what they, the players, really want.  What they really want is to substitute their judgment for WGs.  What they are really saying is, "Give me the info.  Let me use my own values to judge what the decision should be, then do what I say based off of my values."  No one will ever convince someone or win an argument if the difference is VALUES.  People really aren't asking for transparency, they are demanding power in the decision making. 

WG like any business is balancing various interests/values of their customer base--i.e. how can WG profit the most.  How will WG providing the information, particularly if it will offend the inquirer, benefit WG? 

Now for those baying for balance changes, consider and find some comfort in this:  Abrupt changes would shock the player base.  Subtle changes over time are more acceptable.  The player base may not be able to survive a major shock.  We had the intro of the 2nd Brit TD line.  Some view ranges have since changed.  Now we have the intro of the Grille which has less alpha.  From what many have posted, the Grille is underpowered.  BUT WG will now be able to compare it against all the other non-TD 10s and the T9 TDs.  Perhaps they will find reasoning for some T10 TDs to get their alpha cut some based on the new data.  Maybe some other view ranges of T9s will be adjusted.  Gradual is the way to go, so others can accept.  Can you accept waiting for these changes if it means a healthier player base?

Tbh well put. Probably 1 of the most logical posts someone could write. Instead of the usual bashing that usually happens. The problem with the balancing is its been ignored. There is issues with the balance of the game. Is it ever going to be perfect no, would it be good if the game was perfectly balanced probably not.  But the issue is the "stats" say everything is fine but stats are just numbers they don't account for the playability and reality of the game. I agree they should do things in small doses. But some of the balancing has been highly questionable especially with the HD remodels. The latest balance changes what view range nerf to a couple of broken tanks and 1 got a buff to its turret armour. When it's not the view range that's causing the issues. And the mobility nerfs to the british tds because they were just running rings round everything. I don't think I have ever heard anyone say that the at7 needs a nerf because it's track traverse is too fast. Even your self has to admit that those are seriously questionable. I wouldn't expect WG to bow to everyone's requests. But this game is designed IMO to be improved with player feedback which most of the constructive feedback and suggestions tends to be ignored. They have test servers so why not pilot the changes there. Ifs it seems to be working release it on the live servers. Things could then be changed if need be. Through all the changes in the game the more the most prominent issues remain the same. I do kind of feel sorry for max and rai they do, do their best to help but as the saying goes don't shoot the messenger.  It's just a shame that they come out and make an announcement about an issue then the organisers completely change their minds about it, it makes max and rai look like idiots, when they were only relaying the initial message by seniors before they changed their minds. I do love this game and it's possibly the longest time I have ever spent playing a game and I'm generally not a person that plays these games online. Yes the game has issues,  can it be improved on most definitely it's just a question if WGW are willing to listen or not. Will the game ever be perfect, no. The game is evolving and the changes need to evolve with the game which is just not happening at the same pace.  Again gallant well done on a well written post.

oboeslayer #109 Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:11 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 15473 battles
  • [-UNT-]
I remember the first and only time I sat through one of the q&a's. It was an absolute joke. It was actually shocking and since then I realized that this game is not in good hands. Such a shame. If certain individuals were to get fired does anyone know who it is that would have to do the firing?

"Evil is relatively rare. Ignorance is epidemic." - Jon Stewart

MockCrescent323 #110 Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6600 battles

View Postoboeslayer124, on 23 April 2017 - 05:11 AM, said:

I remember the first and only time I sat through one of the q&a's. It was an absolute joke. It was actually shocking and since then I realized that this game is not in good hands. Such a shame. If certain individuals were to get fired does anyone know who it is that would have to do the firing?

Yeah. I was also shocked when I saw an interview with the WGM and WGC crew during Gamescom, E4 or something like that about future plans for the game and so on. WGM had well thought out plans for the future, their spokesperson was funny and  to the point,he shared WOT pc plans for the next year in detail, and you could feel the passion and ambition when he was speaking.

Our spokesperson on the other hand was shy, nervous and didnt seem to have a clue what he was talking about, when he was asked about the future of WOT Console he was extremely vague, and he didnt remember important details, i.e his new favorite map was the newly released map which he couldnt remember the name of, Bronnheim or something (that was Heilbronn).

Seeing that difference made me realize that this game will never reach the level pc reached (yeah they screw up at times as well), because we have the wrong people in charge, they dont seem to love their game or their job.

Edited by MockCrescent323, 23 April 2017 - 12:31 PM.

FBPrime #111 Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:19 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24857 battles
  • [NFTG]

View PostMockCrescent323, on 23 April 2017 - 04:30 AM, said:

Yeah. I was also shocked when I saw an interview with the WGM and WGC crew during Gamescom, E4 or something like that about future plans for the game and so on. WGM had well thought out plans for the future, their spokesperson was funny and  to the point,he shared WOT pc plans for the next year in detail, and you could feel the passion and ambition when he was speaking.

Our spokesperson on the other hand was shy, nervous and didnt seem to have a clue what he was talking about, when he was asked about the future of WOT Console he was extremely vague, and he didnt remember important details, i.e his new favorite map was the newly released map which he couldnt remember the name of, Bronnheim or something (that was Heilbronn).

Seeing that difference made me realize that this game will never reach the level pc reached (yeah they screw up at times as well), because we have the wrong people in charge, they dont seem to love their game or their job.

They hardly play our game as is. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users