Dev Q and A WG Forumer

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

DecoNoir #21 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32610 battles

View PostCruiser Abukuma, on 19 April 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

i'd rather that than someone who leaks stuff... ;)

So would I, good thing nobody from Supertest is up for nomination.

^ My awesome imaginary numbers. Because I'm too lazy to make one myself!

Contributor and General Handyman for Status Report. Like our work? Chat with us on the Status Report Discord

Joco3000 #22 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:37 PM

Major

• Supertester
  • 21271 battles

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 April 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

I'm moderately insulted.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

MaxChaos24 #23 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10382 battles
  • [WGW]
And FWIW, the questions I ask are about upcoming things that you guys haven't been told about yet to get you some sneak peeks as what we are working on, or questions about current hot topics of debate. Not sure I have ever ask a silly question that someone doesn't want to know. :P

Cruiser Abukuma #24 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12043 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 April 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

I'm not going to get myself banned because of petty reasons so i'll just gladly ignore you :)

Edited by Cruiser Abukuma, 19 April 2017 - 07:43 PM.

"But you know, There is one thing I am proud of that I want to show to everyone. Just like me, like Shidou, I wasn't really born just to disappear. I was born to love you. Just you. Thank you, Shidou..."  - Mayuri

DecoNoir #25 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32610 battles

View PostCruiser Abukuma, on 19 April 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

I'm not going to get myself banned because of petty reasons so i'll just gladly ignore you :)

Fine by me. Not like you contribute anything anyway.

View PostJoco3000, on 19 April 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

I'm moderately insulted.

Owch, sorry mate, been years since I left I forget who is in there now :P

Contributor and General Handyman for Status Report. Like our work? Chat with us on the Status Report Discord

DecoNoir #26 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32610 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 19 April 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

And FWIW, the questions I ask are about upcoming things that you guys haven't been told about yet to get you some sneak peeks as what we are working on, or questions about current hot topics of debate. Not sure I have ever ask a silly question that someone doesn't want to know. :P

See my previous post about hot  button questions that are continually ignored. Barring an actual answer and/or data to support WGs current course, it's pretty much coming off that you guys can't be bothered.

And there are plenty of silly questions that somebody wants to know, doesn't mean they should take priority though.

DoggieDaddyDave #27 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8550 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 19 April 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

So Max I take it you're currently the Player Liaison?  If so then why doesn't every know this?  Also I feel if there is valid input for you to ask the Dev team from a forumer then give the forumer's name when you ask them the question such as, "The Turkey Tank would like to know why tier 10 Light tanks are being nerfed in Frontline".  I know you get input from the forum and you are active here it's just that this would really bring the forum into the fold. The forum has gotten much better since I began coming here insomuch as there is a lot more give and take and people helping each other get their game to a higher level.  Less salt, more substance.  jmo

Sgt Becket FEAR #28 Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9457 battles
  • [ROSA]

To be fair, most of the questions they probably get are rhetorical and cannot be repeated in polite company.

Still would like to know if the T-VI-100 could ever be a thing or if I should just let that dream die though.

Also would like to know if the Tiger P is ever going to be buffed and what the story behind the recent addition of the scar on the side of its turret is.

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide

MaxChaos24 #29 Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10382 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 April 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

See my previous post about hot  button questions that are continually ignored. Barring an actual answer and/or data to support WGs current course, it's pretty much coming off that you guys can't be bothered.

And there are plenty of silly questions that somebody wants to know, doesn't mean they should take priority though.

I believe all your questions have already been answered in previous Q&A's, we are looking for new question that haven't been addressed. :honoring:

Balance - Takes place roughly once a quarter during server updates and 10,000's of battles are required to gather enough data to make informed balance decisions. Example: When a tank is first released, it performs really well as the playerbase lacks knowledge about the new tank. You have to give players time to learn how to play with and against a new tank. Making changes after a month would be making balance changes on skewed data, that is not a great way to approach balancing and only causes more balance issues in the long run. Making informed decisions is better than hasty decisions.  

Content - It's already made, why wouldn't we use it? We also make our own Content that you only see on Console. WG shares assets between the dev studios which allows for quicker development time for all products. This is generally a good practice and is good for players as they get frequent updates with new content.

Bugs - They happen, no game is bug free. Some bugs only appear once they are in the Live environment, most recent example of this is the Crew issue. Didn't happen internally or in Supertest, only showed up in Live. Most things are pretty minor. What update do you consider a buggy mess that caused issues with being able to play normally? 

Major Englush #30 Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15287 battles
  • [BNKR]

Not a bad idea, and I agree that the likes of Joco or Deco would be good choices, as would Just an Ace and Owl (yes, that last guy can be a bit salty at times, but dude knows this game like few others).

I just wish we'd get LEGIT answers to things such as:

• Why do we still have rocks we can shoot through on some maps (e.g., the 8-9 line on Karelia -- if you're at the bottom of the hill, you can shoot through the rocks there)?
  • Why do we get such infrequent balance changes?
  • Why are some favorite tanks kept (Waffle) while others are removed (4202)?
  • Why are some bushes on the One but not the 360 (such as on the center hill of Airfield, for example)?
  • Why does our Death Star still have absurd HESH pen?
  • Why did they block off some areas of maps that manage to stay open on PC without being game-breaking? (This is mainly the boosting spots on certain maps we could use thanks to physics.)
  • Why do you treat us like little children who can't handle things like modules vs. packages, and those aforementioned boost locations? (It's pretty damn insulting, tbh.)

There are these and literally dozens of other questions that have been asked here and in the livestreams, and most are ignored or answer with [edited]such as "Our stats show the Death Star pen is balanced."

Saddest part is that it wasn't always like this ... 

DecoNoir #31 Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32610 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 19 April 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

I believe all your questions have already been answered in previous Q&A's, we are looking for new question that haven't been addressed. :honoring:

Balance - Takes place roughly once a quarter during server updates and 10,000 of battles are required to gather enough data to make informed balance decisions. Example: When a tank is first released, it performs really well as the playerbase lacks knowledge about the new tank. You have to give players time to learn how to play with and against a new tank. Making changes after a month would be making balance changes on skewed data, that is not a great way to approach balancing and only causes more balance issues in the long run. Making informed decisions is better than hasty decisions.  

So why did it take over half a year before we saw any major balance updates? (Last being 3.5 if I remember right) And why was the Grille 15 introduced with post-PC alpha nerf stats? Jeff explicitly said that tanks would be adjusted to OUR environment before introduction, but here it is with 750 alpha when all other 150mm guns (Foch 155 excluded) have 850? For that matter, where is the data supporting the WT Pz.IV needing 20-30 meter greater view range than the WTE-100 or Grille 15?

Even ignoring new tanks, there are plenty of tanks that have been in the game since the beginning that have been untouched. 

Content - It's already made, why wouldn't we use it? We also make our own Content that you only see on Console. WG shares assets between the dev studios which allows for quicker development time for all products. This is generally a good practice and is good for players as they get frequent updates with new content.

So what have you guys actually developed that WG in Minsk has used? And if you're going to use PC assets then why not release them when people ask for them? Where is the Cromwell B? (Oh, I forgot PAIN shoots that one down so it doesn't make the Knight look bad) or the Type 59/Patton?

Bugs - They happen, no game is bug free. Some bugs only appear once they are in the Live environment, most recent example of this is the Crew issue. Didn't happen internally or in Supertest, only showed up in Live. Most things are pretty minor. What update do you consider a buggy mess that caused issues with being able to play normally? 

Want to look at JustanAce's physics gaff? or the black voids appearing on the VK 30.01 M and T28? Or how tanks still appear with wet textures on Seigfried Line after taking hits 6 months after I personally brought it up?

Also as a personal question: Can I get my T18 back as a Tier 2 tank destroyer? It was my favorite tank and you shouldn't have taken it away...

Edited by DecoNoir, 19 April 2017 - 08:22 PM.

FBPrime #32 Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23023 battles
  • [LOGIC]

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 April 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

Also as a personal question: Can I get my T18 back as a Tier 2 tank destroyer? It was my favorite tank and you shouldn't have taken it away...

When stuff gets real Max hauls [edited]and runs away.

You can lead a horse to water, but in this game, you have to carry the horse to win.

vampyrii #33 Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:52 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 8714 battles
So.Much.Salt.

My threads: Just found the forums? New to WoT? Read me.|| Real world locations for the maps.|| How to find your WN8: Read the OP first.
Map guide for Port and Live Oaks || Must read thread by XxDAFFYxxDUCKxX || Opinion: Tier 3&4 should have PMM.|| Matchmaker Explained (WG Official)..

Garage:
The key virtues in WoT are patience and caution, paired with the right amount of pushing aggressively at the proper moment.

vVMr GoodCatVv #34 Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:55 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16317 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 19 April 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Max.

The forumer you're asking about is called Max.

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 April 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

And look how that turned out.

one of these two

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        

royster1889 #35 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19040 battles
Please don't hurt Max feels.

TocFanKe4 #36 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15632 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 19 April 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

To be fair, most of the questions they probably get are rhetorical and cannot be repeated in polite company.

Still would like to know if the T-VI-100 could ever be a thing or if I should just let that dream die though.

Also would like to know if the Tiger P is ever going to be buffed and what the story behind the recent addition of the scar on the side of its turret is.

I think they said in a live stream or q and a that the Tiger P is considered balanced and will not get any buffs. I guess having 3 OP Tiger monstrosities is fine but 4 isn't. 

"I'm the Tower of Power, Too Sweet to be Sour, I'm Funky like a Monkey,

Sky's the Limit, and Space is the Place!"  - "Macho Man" Randy Savage

I stream inconsistently and often with beer : https://www.twitch.tv/tocfanke4

Stream contains language that is inappropes. 

DecoNoir #37 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32610 battles

View PostTocFanKe4, on 19 April 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

I think they said in a live stream or q and a that the Tiger P is considered balanced and will not get any buffs. I guess having 3 OP Tiger monstrosities is fine but 4 isn't. 

Or so many players flock to those OP monstrosities that they balance the overall stats, bringing it somewhat in line with the Porsche.

Seriously love my Tiger 1 but it is way too mobile. 

FBPrime #38 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23023 battles
  • [LOGIC]

View Postvampyrii, on 19 April 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

So.Much.Salt.

Yes but the salt is a result of all the ignorance and incompetence towards having good communication and feedback.  By nominating someone from the forums to take on the role of communication between the Devs and player base, feed back and input could become relevant as well as being able to get good questions to the devs.   There are a good handful of people who would be considered good nominees from the community's stand point.  

You can lead a horse to water, but in this game, you have to carry the horse to win.

FBPrime #39 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:19 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23023 battles
  • [LOGIC]

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 April 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Or so many players flock to those OP monstrosities that they balance the overall stats, bringing it somewhat in line with the Porsche.

This is a point I forgot to bring up.  Statistics.  Some people lack the general knowledge of statistics with specifics on outliers and sampling.  There is a belief with the devs and some moderators that the overall win rates are the definite go to for vehicle balancing.  

Sgt Becket FEAR #40 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9457 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 19 April 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

The stats say that the Tiger P outperforms the Tiger I but that does not reflect the current performance of the Tiger because of how long it has been around.

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 April 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

The L/71 performance between the two should be closer since it is the same gun, same tier, and similar turret sizes.

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users