Dev Q and A WG Forumer

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

DecoNoir #41 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33412 battles

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 19 April 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

The stats say that the Tiger P outperforms the Tiger I but that does not reflect the current performance of the Tiger because of how long it has been around.

The L/71 performance between the two should be closer since it is the same gun, same tier, and similar turret sizes.

Should be, but if I had to pick mobility or gun stats over the Porsche, I'll take gun stats.

^ My awesome imaginary numbers. Because I'm too lazy to make one myself!

Contributor and General Handyman for Status Report. Like our work? Chat with us on the Status Report Discord

Sgt Becket FEAR #42 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9526 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 April 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

Should be, but if I had to pick mobility or gun stats over the Porsche, I'll take gun stats.

That's all I want. I actually don't play the P much but the gap in the gun handling stats bugs me.

LOL if they gave it the same mobility as the Tiger, the high center of gravity would flip it fairly easily. At least the Tiger I is wide and short so it is hardly an issue to navigate at top speed. Besides, they don't share the same power plant so any buff to the mobility would be much harder to justify.

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide

JelliedPenny08 #43 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:42 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 8537 battles

View PostFBPrime, on 19 April 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

This is a point I forgot to bring up.  Statistics.  Some people lack the general knowledge of statistics with specifics on outliers and sampling.  There is a belief with the devs and some moderators that the overall win rates are the definite go to for vehicle balancing.  

I always wonder this, how much data is used, how is it looked at?  

Regarding Deathstar pen, I wonder if it does look balanced - it would be amusing to find thst the previous qa answers were just simple truths. But it would be interesting to let someone get creative with it. See how far they can go down the bunny hole. 

I also wonder how many questions in this thread could be answered with "Lack of developer resource - do you know how much time we put into that!" before someone politely sanitises it for public consumption...  :)

DecoNoir #44 Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33412 battles

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 19 April 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

That's all I want. I actually don't play the P much but the gap in the gun handling stats bugs me.

LOL if they gave it the same mobility as the Tiger, the high center of gravity would flip it fairly easily. At least the Tiger I is wide and short so it is hardly an issue to navigate at top speed. Besides, they don't share the same power plant so any buff to the mobility would be much harder to justify.

The only reason I would want gun stats over mobility is I believe the line (up until E-75) should be centered on great gun stats, and reasonable armor over mobility. That said since the Tiger 1 lacks reasonable armor (for its tier and role) is should be balanced as a great gun platform, supporting pushes rather than making them. The Tiger P (which I also play) can be that counter.

Contributor and General Handyman for Status Report. Like our work? Chat with us on the Status Report Discord

Sgt Becket FEAR #45 Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9526 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 April 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

The only reason I would want gun stats over mobility is I believe the line (up until E-75) should be centered on great gun stats, and reasonable armor over mobility. That said since the Tiger 1 lacks reasonable armor (for its tier and role) is should be balanced as a great gun platform, supporting pushes rather than making them. The Tiger P (which I also play) can be that counter.

Well, instead of top speed increase, the Tiger P would benefit from an increase in transverse speed. It has the narrow hull and it could respond quicker to keep the upper front plate in position.

jujubugs #46 Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11251 battles
Me.I'll bring up the real questions.First up,can you buff my Lowe?:justwait:

TocFanKe4 #47 Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15995 battles
  • [GIRLS]
I agree the P should have the same gun stats as the others, but WG seems to think that would make it too OP.

"I'm the Tower of Power, Too Sweet to be Sour, I'm Funky like a Monkey,

Sky's the Limit, and Space is the Place!"  - "Macho Man" Randy Savage

I stream inconsistently and often with beer : https://www.twitch.tv/tocfanke4

Stream contains language that is inappropes. 

DecoNoir #48 Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33412 battles

View PostTocFanKe4, on 19 April 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

I agree the P should have the same gun stats as the others, but WG seems to think that would make it too OP.

Of course we wouldn't be discussing this if WG implemented the terrain resistance buffs with the horsepower nerfs, like they were supposed to, waaaay back during the Great German Nerf.

Gallant Prime #49 Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:21 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 32726 battles
  • [47R]

View PostFBPrime, on 19 April 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

As we all see the Dev Q&A come up on its weekly basis, I'm sure many others share the opinion that the questions covered are mostly irrelevant and unyielding.  An example being, "What was the inspiration behind the black stripe on HMH ISU-130? Was it historical or just a way to differentiate it from the white stripe on the ISU-122S?  We’re pretty sure it was from a reference photo. We can check with Andy D (Art Lead) once he’s back from vacation."   Of all the speculation on the forums alone there is no way this could have been a 'burning question' from the community.  Regardless of why the Dev Q&A's consistently have these kinds of questions, the questionnaire could be greatly improved.

As the title suggests, there could be a selected forumer to create/propose questions asked to the developers for the Q&A session.  This individual could be someone who is a very frequent user on the forums as well as being knowledgeable of the games inner workings.  Having someone like this in the position could permit positive feedback between the developers and the community.  As a disclaimer I am not suggesting myself.  

​Whaaa?!  I'm shocked and offended...I thought I already was the selected former...after Max...and Rest...and well...  I have had 3 questions in the Q&A obtaining 1.5 answers!  Who else got you those answers about the status of the Foch after it was nerfed?  Did anyone know it was middle of the pack in survival rate after the nerf???  And that great we're not telling non-answer on the number of players from each continent during Tank Madness.  Hard work there...

:trollface:

But seriously, it does not matter who you get.  WG isn't going to answer the questions you really want answered--particularly when you know the answer and you don't like the answer. 

Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of our enemies and establish Thy justice among men and nations.
​                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ​--Third Army Chaplain

TocFanKe4 #50 Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15995 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 April 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

Of course we wouldn't be discussing this if WG implemented the terrain resistance buffs with the horsepower nerfs, like they were supposed to, waaaay back during the Great German Nerf.

It was pretty dumb my Tiger 2 struggled to go 26, and it's even more dumb now that it can do 40 with ease. 

pr0fit0fcanabis #51 Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 30183 battles

View PostDecoNoir, on 20 April 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

Ahh the memories.  I was not even good enough to be a potato yet then.  The first forum drama I ever witnessed.  

Sgt Becket FEAR #52 Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:35 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9526 battles
  • [ROSA]

Ha...I remember the day they released the patch notes with all the mobility buffs to the Tiger I and II...

My post was asking Rosa if she was ready to rule the world :D

TocFanKe4 #53 Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15995 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 19 April 2017 - 07:27 PM, said:

Ahh the memories.  I was not even good enough to be a potato yet then.  The first forum drama I ever witnessed.  

It was ridiculous they only did the nerfs without the buffs. Basically all the Soviet tank players made fun of me because all my tanks sucked. It was bad for me because I didn't research any non German tanks until I had played like 4k games

DecoNoir #54 Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33412 battles

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 19 April 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

Ha...I remember the day they released the patch notes with all the mobility buffs to the Tiger I and II...

My post was asking Rosa if she was ready to rule the world :D

Update before that was the Tiger 1 gun buffs if I remember right. Man, I thought life was good then. Now it turns out my beloved Tier 7 heavy has turned into a ridiculous Tier 8 medium :P

VoltaicGrunt #55 Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:55 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 19620 battles
Whoever gets the job please ask why my pixel tank cannot have more pixel bullets.

RU 251 NEEDS MORE BULLETS

Sgt Becket FEAR #56 Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:02 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9526 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 April 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

Update before that was the Tiger 1 gun buffs if I remember right. Man, I thought life was good then. Now it turns out my beloved Tier 7 heavy has turned into a ridiculous Tier 8 medium :P

Yeah, it was a few months before that when they buffed the gun. I thought it couldn't possibly get any better. Then came the mobility buffs...:child::izmena::D

Now I'm spoiled...why grind when I have Rosa :D

Ruthless4u #57 Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:01 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11186 battles
  • [SKREB]
I have a rather involved question, but I know better than to ask it.

Equality is a myth.

In order to ensure rights for one, you must destroy rights of another.

Keep calm and wait for Naval Action.

oboeslayer #58 Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:04 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 14901 battles
  • [-UNT-]
I'd back Gigantic Owl for this. Someone should post a thread I guess for all things people want to ask in the Q&A directly.

"Evil is relatively rare. Ignorance is epidemic." - Jon Stewart

HonkersTheGoose #59 Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:32 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14047 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostMajor Englush, on 19 April 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Not a bad idea, and I agree that the likes of Joco or Deco would be good choices, as would Just an Ace and Owl (yes, that last guy can be a bit salty at times, but dude knows this game like few others).

I just wish we'd get LEGIT answers to things such as:

• Why do we still have rocks we can shoot through on some maps (e.g., the 8-9 line on Karelia -- if you're at the bottom of the hill, you can shoot through the rocks there)?
  • Why do we get such infrequent balance changes?
  • Why are some favorite tanks kept (Waffle) while others are removed (4202)?
  • Why are some bushes on the One but not the 360 (such as on the center hill of Airfield, for example)?
  • Why does our Death Star still have absurd HESH pen?
  • Why did they block off some areas of maps that manage to stay open on PC without being game-breaking? (This is mainly the boosting spots on certain maps we could use thanks to physics.)
  • Why do you treat us like little children who can't handle things like modules vs. packages, and those aforementioned boost locations? (It's pretty damn insulting, tbh.)

There are these and literally dozens of other questions that have been asked here and in the livestreams, and most are ignored or answer with [edited]such as "Our stats show the Death Star pen is balanced."

Saddest part is that it wasn't always like this ... 

The one that I bolded in particular. It makes zero sense to me. I'm not really upset about the waffle staying, but lost as to why the FV4202 was taken away from tier ten when a good amount of players loved that tank. I enjoyed it, despite my terrible playing in it.

Sovietdeath #60 Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:41 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13613 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostHonkersTheGoose, on 20 April 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

The one that I bolded in particular. It makes zero sense to me. I'm not really upset about the waffle staying, but lost as to why the FV4202 was taken away from tier ten when a good amount of players loved that tank. I enjoyed it, despite my terrible playing in it.

They actually explained it awhile back in a live QnA

Block Quote

What will happen when the Waffle gets replaced by the Grille?

TJ- Nobody reads, it’snot being replaced. The Grille is just being added to the tech tree.

Can you clarify why?

TJ- Its based off experimentation. When we started off initially (we got versions of the servers removing tanks and replacing them just like PC did), then (we changed to removing them but making them premium for those that had them, but still taking out of the game). This meant that players new to the game would be like ‘’But I want a chance to get that tank”, so in this case (we went with just adding the new takes to that tech tree, because the others are still very viable tanks) and it’d let players still earn them because they’re legendary

Essentially they started off one way then changed things based on how everyone reacted. Unfortunately the FV-4202 fell into the earliest iterations of that process.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users