110 replies to this topic

FBPrime #61 Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:52 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19897 battles
  • [LOGIC]

View PostSovietdeath, on 19 April 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

They actually explained it awhile back in a live QnA

What will happen when the Waffle gets replaced by the Grille?

TJ- Nobody reads, it’snot being replaced. The Grille is just being added to the tech tree.

Can you clarify why?

TJ- Its based off experimentation. When we started off initially when we got versions of the servers removing tanks and replacing them just like PC did, then we changed to removing them but making them premium for those that had them, but still taking out of the game. This meant that players new to the game would be like ‘’But I want a chance to get that tank”, so in this case we went with just adding the new takes to that tech tree, because the others are still very viable tanks and it’d let players still earn them because they’re legendary

Because F&%# balance.  I imagine TJ typed that by rolling his head back and forth on his keyboard; I'm sure other WG decisions are made in a similar fashion.

You can lead a horse to water, but in this game, you have to carry the horse to win.

TocFanKe4 #62 Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14690 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostSovietdeath, on 20 April 2017 - 12:41 AM, said:

Essentially they started off one way then changed things based on how everyone reacted. Unfortunately the FV-4202 fell into the earliest iterations of that process.

Cool. So I should expect that my 13 90 should remain as is when moved to tier 9  when the tier X lights come into the game? It's a very balanced and viable tank right now. 

More Hipster than Hipster

I stream inconsistently and often with beer : https://www.twitch.tv/tocfanke4

Stream contains language that is inappropes. 

Sovietdeath #63 Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:39 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13148 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 20 April 2017 - 01:53 AM, said:

Cool. So I should expect that my 13 90 should remain as is when moved to tier 9  when the tier X lights come into the game? It's a very balanced and viable tank right now. 

Thats changing a tanks tier to make room for others, not removing them, different thing entirely.

Sovietdeath #64 Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:42 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13148 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostFBPrime, on 20 April 2017 - 01:52 AM, said:

Because F&%# balance.  I imagine TJ typed that by rolling his head back and forth on his keyboard; I'm sure other WG decisions are made in a similar fashion.

A) This was a Live Q/A as in he spoke this

B) The Waffle IS Balanced​ in this version of the game (Stat Performance Wise), with our current meta on Console. If you bother looking at the data provided on WoTInfo.

Sovietdeath #65 Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:59 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13148 battles
  • [-RE-]

Also i put up a similar thread earlier in the month supporting a community voting drive for Dev Q&A questions, feel free to add your questions to it as well

http://forum-console...01#entry3701201

HonkersTheGoose #66 Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:22 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13567 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostSovietdeath, on 19 April 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

Essentially they started off one way then changed things based on how everyone reacted. Unfortunately the FV-4202 fell into the earliest iterations of that process.

Ah. Well, at least there's some explanation, although I don't often look into the live Q and A's. I still don't agree with that method of experimentation. Especially considering the players regarding the FV kind of got the shaft. I know the Awful Panther got removed, but wasn't it basically the same tank, just made premium? I honestly don't remember lol. But the FV was totally overhauled in a way that upset the players that enjoyed it.

Sovietdeath #67 Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:34 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13148 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostHonkersTheGoose, on 20 April 2017 - 03:22 AM, said:

Ah. Well, at least there's some explanation, although I don't often look into the live Q and A's. I still don't agree with that method of experimentation. Especially considering the players regarding the FV kind of got the shaft. I know the Awful Panther got removed, but wasn't it basically the same tank, just made premium? I honestly don't remember lol. But the FV was totally overhauled in a way that upset the players that enjoyed it.

True but the Overhaul to it, both made it historical, and gave players a Premium tank, while at the same time giving them the replacement for free.

HonkersTheGoose #68 Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:45 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13567 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostSovietdeath, on 19 April 2017 - 11:34 PM, said:

True but the Overhaul to it, both made it historical, and gave players a Premium tank, while at the same time giving them the replacement for free.

Yeah, I can definitely see the upside to it becoming a premium, since the British don't have a wealth of tier 8 tanks, but the issue with using historical accuracy is that there are several tanks in the game that aren't really looked at despite their lack of historical accuracy. I get that it's more of an arcade game than a simulator, but if they want to use historical accuracy as a reason to change tanks, it would help them to commit to that I think. I dunno, the whole issue itself doesn't bother me much, but I guess it does enough if I'm at least talking about it lol.

Sovietdeath #69 Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:54 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13148 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostHonkersTheGoose, on 20 April 2017 - 03:45 AM, said:

Yeah, I can definitely see the upside to it becoming a premium, since the British don't have a wealth of tier 8 tanks, but the issue with using historical accuracy is that there are several tanks in the game that aren't really looked at despite their lack of historical accuracy. I get that it's more of an arcade game than a simulator, but if they want to use historical accuracy as a reason to change tanks, it would help them to commit to that I think. I dunno, the whole issue itself doesn't bother me much, but I guess it does enough if I'm at least talking about it lol.

The game uses historical accuracy in case it needs it for buffs or nerfs but tend to leave things be if they are fairly balanced. The real problem is the differences between player precived and factual balance.

Then again ill quote The Chieftain here

The Chieftain

I have not been allowed access of the arcane knowledge of the balance parameters, I am not worthy

start at 30:00

HonkersTheGoose #70 Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:07 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13567 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostSovietdeath, on 19 April 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

The game uses historical accuracy in case it needs buffs or nerfs but tend to leave things be if they are fairly balanced. The real problem is the differences between player precived and factual balance.

Yeah, that makes sense. Still, it's a shame that thing's have turned out the way they have for the FV. Although that's purely based on perspective lol. Personally, I hope WG decides to tone down on the experimentation with stuff like this. It's still not completely fair to the players who wanted to keep the FV as a tier 10, even if that group may have been small. I honestly don't know just how big/small the group was, but still lol.

Sovietdeath #71 Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:10 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13148 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostHonkersTheGoose, on 20 April 2017 - 04:07 AM, said:

Yeah, that makes sense. Still, it's a shame that thing's have turned out the way they have for the FV. Although that's purely based on perspective lol. Personally, I hope WG decides to tone down on the experimentation with stuff like this. It's still not completely fair to the players who wanted to keep the FV as a tier 10, even if that group may have been small. I honestly don't know just how big/small the group was, but still lol.

added fun source and information to previous post

Warthog II #72 Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30880 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostSovietdeath, on 20 April 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

The real problem is the differences between player precived and factual balance.

Players using their tanks in unique ways can skew the stats.  

Waffle is broken because it's gun is insane but has horrible camo and is huge, then more than a few people take it out in the open on Ghost Town etc, get melted and now it's "balanced." 

I have a hard time believing the M53/55 is balanced.    Maybe all those people that play thousands of games in it are just mistaken and they're wasting their time playing a perfectly balanced tank when they're looking for an OP spg to try to click on the 1st tank spotted or mediums camping at 60 kmh

etc

Edited by Warthog II, 20 April 2017 - 08:20 AM.

TheDeadTANKer #73 Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14166 battles
It should be me and only me 

HonkersTheGoose #74 Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:22 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13567 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostSovietdeath, on 20 April 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

added fun source and information to previous post

I can definitely agree with them that gameplay is arguably more important than historical accuracy, as long as at least some accuracy is present.

Sovietdeath #75 Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:28 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13148 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostHonkersTheGoose, on 20 April 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

I can definitely agree with them that gameplay is arguably more important than historical accuracy, as long as at least some accuracy is present.

which (barring the WTE-100 and Special Camo tanks) It really is accurate to a point

HonkersTheGoose #76 Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:36 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13567 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostSovietdeath, on 20 April 2017 - 12:28 AM, said:

which (barring the WTE-100 and Special Camo tanks) It really is accurate to a point

It is. Ultimately, it's a good balance of arcade/simulator. I think some things could be better, but that's just me. I do want this game to last for as long as it can, and I do want it to improve as much as it can. I've sunk a good amount of money into this game, I'm committed lol. 

Sovietdeath #77 Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:44 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13148 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostHonkersTheGoose, on 20 April 2017 - 04:36 AM, said:

It is. Ultimately, it's a good balance of arcade/simulator. I think some things could be better, but that's just me. I do want this game to last for as long as it can, and I do want it to improve as much as it can. I've sunk a good amount of money into this game, I'm committed lol. 

same, though alot of it came from bing and MS Rewards :)

HoodedWildKard #78 Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 7005 battles
  • [BNKR]
:popcorn:

"I hate nobody except Hitler, and that is professional" Winston Churchill.

Trolls crave our attention. Arguments or indeed any response provides them with nourishment, let them starve.

signature.png

TocFanKe4 #79 Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14690 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostSovietdeath, on 20 April 2017 - 01:39 AM, said:

Thats changing a tanks tier to make room for others, not removing them, different thing entirely.

The FV4202 was changed to a tier 8 to make room for a different tier 10. The Lorraine was kept as is instead of becoming a tier 8 premium. Exactly the same funking thing. 

More Hipster than Hipster

I stream inconsistently and often with beer : https://www.twitch.tv/tocfanke4

Stream contains language that is inappropes. 

FBPrime #80 Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19897 battles
  • [LOGIC]

View PostSovietdeath, on 19 April 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

A) This was a Live Q/A as in he spoke this

B) The Waffle IS Balanced​ in this version of the game (Stat Performance Wise), with our current meta on Console. If you bother looking at the data provided on WoTInfo.

This is basic statistics, being ignorant of it doesn't solve anything.  If you bracket data based off WN8 skill you see just how ridiculous it is.  There are plenty of poor performance players who drag down stats in vast volumes.  This is why you need to look at more than just one sample.

You can lead a horse to water, but in this game, you have to carry the horse to win.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users