110 replies to this topic

sidious3883 #81 Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13881 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostSovietdeath, on 20 April 2017 - 06:42 AM, said:

A) This was a Live Q/A as in he spoke this

B) The Waffle IS Balanced​ in this version of the game (Stat Performance Wise), with our current meta on Console. If you bother looking at the data provided on WoTInfo.

I don't think anyone would argue that the stats show its balanced same with the deathstar. Fact is the guns are broken and the amount of battles both have been used skew it all. The stats and reality are 2 different things. 

The wthstill has 4th highest avg damage in both xbox and ps4 and it's played 2-5times more than the top highest damage tanks and it still 1 of the lowest survival rates of the t10 tds in the last 30 days according to wotinfo. But that's OK though. The stats show its not overperforming because it's has so many more games over anything else. 

DecoNoir #82 Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33926 battles

View Postsidious3883, on 20 April 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

I don't think anyone would argue that the stats show its balanced same with the deathstar. Fact is the guns are broken and skew the stats. The stats and reality are 2 different things. 

Just to add on to that point, being "balanced" doesn't equal "fun". A game that rewards you with a 50/50 chance of a cookie or a kick to the crotch is statistically perfectly balanced, but by no means fun.

^ My awesome imaginary numbers. Because I'm too lazy to make one myself!

Contributor and General Handyman for Status Report. Like our work? Chat with us on the Status Report Discord

sidious3883 #83 Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:26 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13881 battles
  • [ODH]

View PostDecoNoir, on 20 April 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

Just to add on to that point, being "balanced" doesn't equal "fun". A game that rewards you with a 50/50 chance of a cookie or a kick to the crotch is statistically perfectly balanced, but by no means fun.

Well depends if you have a fetish for cookies or a kick to the crotch I guess. Haha

Lynn Do Wicker #84 Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:36 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 29672 battles
Joco srems to be thr best bet.

SapaTappa #85 Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37404 battles

DyslexSticks.

Always in the forum giving advice and keeps posts fresh with his warped sense of humour.

Sapa

TocFanKe4 #86 Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16532 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostDecoNoir, on 20 April 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Can I get an option for both? :P

Skill is knowledge put into practice through the lens of ability.

I stream inconsistently and often with beer : https://www.twitch.tv/tocfanke4

Stream contains language that is inappropes. 

Joco3000 #87 Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:08 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 21723 battles

View PostDecoNoir, on 20 April 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

You could argue that's what the 25% RNG is for.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

DecoNoir #88 Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33926 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 20 April 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

You could argue that's what the 25% RNG is for.

So only getting kicked in the nuts 37.5%... or potentially 62.5% of the time.

Still sucks either way.

^ My awesome imaginary numbers. Because I'm too lazy to make one myself!

Contributor and General Handyman for Status Report. Like our work? Chat with us on the Status Report Discord

Saerbhreathach #89 Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18085 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 20 April 2017 - 02:23 AM, said:

Cool. So I should expect that my 13 90 should remain as is when moved to tier 9  when the tier X lights come into the game? It's a very balanced and viable tank right now. 

Shhhhhhh. We save this for when they are added and wg [edited]up yet again. All us scouts get to go "but the waffle stayed....." ;)

Gigantic Owl #90 Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21346 battles
  • [7F]
Despite many here suggesting me it is not something I would do. WG avoid or misdirect any questions the community wants answered and just give [edited]back so would be a useless endeavor.
Hell I even got kicked out of supertest for calling WG on their incompetence with some choice words.

An actual gameplay expert

Check out my guides on the bunker.  http://thebunker.fre...ide-compilation

FBPrime #91 Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:57 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25722 battles
  • [NFTG]
Maybe a poll should be made for this?

You can lead a horse to water, but in this game, you have to carry the horse to win.

Mr Hecklez #92 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:03 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17499 battles
  • [JUSME]

View PostJoco3000, on 19 April 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

I'm moderately insulted.

Joco for moderator! :teethhappy:

Non Vi Sed Arte.

I could play the oboe

or tanks

Sovietdeath #93 Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:11 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13802 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostFBPrime, on 20 April 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

This is basic statistics, being ignorant of it doesn't solve anything.  If you bracket data based off WN8 skill you see just how ridiculous it is.  There are plenty of poor performance players who drag down stats in vast volumes.  This is why you need to look at more than just one sample.

According to WG they do look at more then one sample skill set of players IE not just everyone thrown into 1 group

FBPrime #94 Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:59 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25722 battles
  • [NFTG]

View PostSovietdeath, on 20 April 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

According to WG they do look at more then one sample skill set of players IE not just everyone thrown into 1 group

If you look at the developer post regarding the Grille 15's performance, only the overall win rates were considered when justifying that the Grille should not have the on par 850 alpha.

You can lead a horse to water, but in this game, you have to carry the horse to win.

FBPrime #95 Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:43 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25722 battles
  • [NFTG]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 19 April 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

All the question you see do come from the Community. If you want something answer, you have to ask it! If you guys don't submit questions, then I try to ask some for the players on their behalf. 

Here is where the question for the Black Stripes came from:

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/177753-question-for-wg-about-the-isu-130s-paint-scheme/page__pid__3675901#entry3675901

Ignorance at its finest.  As much as all of us have different opinions, theres no way that minor cosmetic concerns out weigh all of the questions put up from all the forumers.  Examples being vehicle balance, button mapping, radial errors, map bugs, UI bugs, inconsistent vehicle pricing, future updates, explanations why some vehicles are removed and others are not.  I could go on with more but my point should be clear.  While some may favor other aspects over others, there is a clear consensus on the issues the community wants addressed/changed/fixed.  Max is blatantly ignorant to this which greatly dampens communication to the Devs.  Getting him the hell out and having just anyone with some logic in his place would be a massive improvement.

Sovietdeath #96 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:54 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13802 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostFBPrime, on 21 April 2017 - 01:43 AM, said:

Ignorance at its finest.  As much as all of us have different opinions, theres no way that minor cosmetic concerns out weigh all of the questions put up from all the forumers.  Examples being vehicle balance, button mapping, radial errors, map bugs, UI bugs, inconsistent vehicle pricing, future updates, explanations why some vehicles are removed and others are not.  I could go on with more but my point should be clear.  While some may favor other aspects over others, there is a clear consensus on the issues the community wants addressed/changed/fixed.  Max is blatantly ignorant to this which greatly dampens communication to the Devs.  Getting him the hell out and having just anyone with some logic in his place would be a massive improvement.

Max is not ignorant, he is limited in what he can answer, and which questions do get answered by WG. Everything Official WG puts up has to go through an approval process, blaming Max and calling him ignorant wont change things getting answered...

More united voices will, the main issue is everyone has thier own personal priorities, some of those asking in very inappropriate and disrespectful ways, its why I was doing my April Questions list, to give a more united opinion on things to ask, and to put them out in a sensible and respectful manner.

Sovietdeath #97 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:59 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13802 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostFBPrime, on 21 April 2017 - 12:59 AM, said:

If you look at the developer post regarding the Grille 15's performance, only the overall win rates were considered when justifying that the Grille should not have the on par 850 alpha.

Do you really think that? I'm fairly certain they just wanted to release some initial numbers on how it was performing accross all games. This breakdown is alot easier for Max to release since similar numbers can easily be accessed on WoTInfo. Again, as I've said WG Info is basically kept under lock and key and needs Approval to release, some Approvals are alot easier to get then others

MaxChaos24 #98 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:01 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10622 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostFBPrime, on 21 April 2017 - 12:43 AM, said:

Most of those have already been addressed/talked about by PAINGOD. We try to not repeat the same question multiple times. 

Vehicle balance - Answered 

Button Mapping - Answered

Radial errors - If you have a bug, report it in te bug report section. Q&A is not for reporting bugs.

Map Bugs - See above, report them.

UI Bugs - See above, report them.

Vehicle pricing - Answered

Future Updates - Answered (I just asked this about 2 weeks ago, did you not see it?)

Tank removal - Answered

I would suggest going back and reading the Q&A's as nearly every hot topic has been answered and discussed. What's left are questions about random stuff. :honoring:

View PostFBPrime, on 20 April 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

Did you not look at its damage output and survival rate? Currently #1 TD in damage/survival and you want it to be doing more? That would not be a good idea for balance. 

FBPrime #99 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:27 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25722 battles
  • [NFTG]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 21 April 2017 - 03:01 AM, said:

Most of those have already been addressed/talked about by PAINGOD. We try to not repeat the same question multiple times. 

Vehicle balance - Answered 

Button Mapping - Answered

Radial errors - If you have a bug, report it in te bug report section. Q&A is not for reporting bugs.

Map Bugs - See above, report them.

UI Bugs - See above, report them.

Vehicle pricing - Answered

Future Updates - Answered (I just asked this about 2 weeks ago, did you not see it?)

Tank removal - Answered

I would suggest going back and reading the Q&A's as nearly every hot topic has been answered and discussed. What's left are questions about random stuff. :honoring:

Did you not look at its damage output and survival rate? Currently #1 TD in damage/survival and you want it to be doing more? That would not be a good idea for balance. 

Dancing around questions does not count as answered.  Bugs and UI errors are for the most part ignored now such as the repair wheel.  Your still latched onto global win rate as opposed to looking at different samples.  I do not know how to explain this any more simply since you don't seem to understand the effect skill will have on performance with skewing.  You spend so much typing putting out non sense responses that answer nothing and misdirecting questions further.  

MaxChaos24 #100 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:35 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10622 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostFBPrime, on 21 April 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

Dancing around questions does not count as answered.  Bugs and UI errors are for the most part ignored now such as the repair wheel.  Your still latched onto global win rate as opposed to looking at different samples.  I do not know how to explain this any more simply since you don't seem to understand the effect skill will have on performance with skewing.  You spend so much typing putting out non sense responses that answer nothing and misdirecting questions further.  

I don't answer the questions, only ask them. The answers are all from the big guy, PAINGOD. You may not like the answers but they have all be answered.

Look at every build notes released, tons of bug fixes so not sure what you're talking about. 

What makes you think we are latched onto Global win rate? We have answered many times that we look at data based on player skill, not overall. Win rate by skill is only 1 of the many things looked at for balance, not the only thing. Balancing tanks by win rate is a player made rumor so don't believe it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users