Anyone been having problems with "Detected!" not working properly?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Sadriel Fett #1 Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertester
  • 13787 battles
  • [VODE]
Been noticing in several games lately that even if I'm trading shots and looking directly at the person who's shooting at me my "Detected!" alert is not showing up in the bottom left of the screen.  Sixth Sense is still up and working fine, though.  It's made dodging incoming artillery a little trickier, as well.  Thought I saw another thread somewhere about something similar, but couldn't find it.  Thanks in advance.

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."

(0 0)
---ooO-(_)-Ooo---

MaxChaos24 #2 Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 9899 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostSadriel Fett, on 21 April 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

Been noticing in several games lately that even if I'm trading shots and looking directly at the person who's shooting at me my "Detected!" alert is not showing up in the bottom left of the screen.  Sixth Sense is still up and working fine, though.  It's made dodging incoming artillery a little trickier, as well.  Thought I saw another thread somewhere about something similar, but couldn't find it.  Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Do you happen to have a video of this incident? 

Click to send in a Support Ticket!

How to Flank E3's with an E5: https://www.twitch.tv/maxchaos24/v/67982271

Tank XP and Crew XP Calculator - Created by MaxChaos24

Updated to v1.3

Sadriel Fett #3 Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:51 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertester
  • 13787 battles
  • [VODE]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 21 April 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

Hello,

Do you happen to have a video of this incident? 

Nope.  On the 360.  Just been noticing it off and on the past few days.  I could've sworn I saw another thread mentioning something similar, but damned if I can find it now.  

I probably wouldn't have even noticed it as much, until I watched SovietDeath's video about how the "Detected" works vs "Sixth Sense."  Now, I use that a lot to know when someone's aiming directly at me, especially if I'm spotted and Arty is on the board, so I know it's time to move, move, move.  If none of the immediate tanks around me are aiming at me, then you can bet it's the Arty that's aiming at me, you know?  

I've only noticed this, though, because I've been trading shots with someone, either in the open or peek-a-boo shooting and it's not popped up.  So, it's one of those things that I know someone's aiming at me because we're actually taking shots at each other.  Know what I mean?  Just seemed odd.

Edited by Sadriel Fett, 21 April 2017 - 05:59 PM.

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."

(0 0)
---ooO-(_)-Ooo---

koquerelle #4 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:37 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29629 battles
It's been like that ever since the update that brought us a rash of laggy games. 

Sadriel Fett #5 Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:47 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertester
  • 13787 battles
  • [VODE]

View Postkoquerelle, on 21 April 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

It's been like that ever since the update that brought us a rash of laggy games. 

Awesome!

Well, at least I know I'm not going nuts, now.  

(0 0)
---ooO-(_)-Ooo---

BYTORtheSn0wd0g #6 Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:06 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18075 battles
  • [-OFF-]
I have noticed this as well.   Also on the 360.   Sometimes my detected goes off late, even after I kill the offending tank.   On Westfield snow, 2 tanks left per side.  They had an arty at the north base, and a medium by south base, which I believe he was attempting to cap.  I peeled back in my Borsig, while my remaining team mate (T49) I believe goes after arty.  red arty is killed first, moments later I finished off the medium, THEN my detected goes off...for a minute I thought there was a 3rd red tank.  Then the battle results popped up.  Really strange.  

Blackrock869 #7 Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18944 battles
  • [MAD]

View Postkoquerelle, on 21 April 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

Agreed. Along with other fun quirks, like inviso-tanks and sponge tanks that magically absorb shells.

X360 is like the family member no one wants to admit they are related to.

Sovietdeath #8 Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:47 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13148 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostBYTORtheSn0wd0g, on 21 April 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

I have noticed this as well.   Also on the 360.   Sometimes my detected goes off late, even after I kill the offending tank.   On Westfield snow, 2 tanks left per side.  They had an arty at the north base, and a medium by south base, which I believe he was attempting to cap.  I peeled back in my Borsig, while my remaining team mate (T49) I believe goes after arty.  red arty is killed first, moments later I finished off the medium, THEN my detected goes off...for a minute I thought there was a 3rd red tank.  Then the battle results popped up.  Really strange.  

This is because when the "kill cam" that shows who killed you comes up the person who was killed can view you on his camera for a second (if you were still rendered) and if he is viewing the front of your tank it will go off because his camera has you targeted

BYTORtheSn0wd0g #9 Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:26 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18075 battles
  • [-OFF-]

View PostSovietdeath, on 24 April 2017 - 04:47 AM, said:

This is because when the "kill cam" that shows who killed you comes up the person who was killed can view you on his camera for a second (if you were still rendered) and if he is viewing the front of your tank it will go off because his camera has you targeted

Thanks for the explanation!!!   Makes sense.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users