New PC update has good ideas that should be considered

PC Console Update Features

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

LORD DEATHv11 #1 Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15600 battles

Dear Wargaming, recently, the PC version got an update that improved the Match Maker, and improved artillery. I tried it for myself and I must say, the new Match Maker was an enormous breath of fresh air. It made playing low tiers on PC so much more bearable and I had a lot of fun getting into decent matches. The artillery was also made a bit more fun with the implementation of a special camera system that allows close observation of the target area. You can also show your teammates which areas you're aiming for. HE pen for arty was significantly reduced to avoid one shots on unsuspecting enemy tanks. The shell types for arty where also reduced to HE and Prem HE only. I really hope that you developers take notes on this and consider it for your next major update. You can review the update here: https://www.youtube....h?v=y8yYXo0UGuY

The changelog can be found here: https://worldoftanks...18-updatenotes/

BrogueOne #2 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 12969 battles
  • [ELDER]
The PC update 9.18 changes have already been discussed quite heavily in the console forums recently. In fact, the first thread on it was posted almost as soon as WG released their video about it!

Questions about this update were addressed in the last Dev live stream a few weeks ago and here's the gist of it:

Artillery will remain unchanged because they feel it's just fine the way it is on console. They will, however, be adding the alternate view mode.

They are going to be watching the new MM very closely and will likely follow suit as long as it's successful.

Tier X light tanks are in developement for console but they have not given a timetable on their implementation.

hexine #3 Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16823 battles
you mean the PC verison went full sissy snowflake and ruined the core mechanics of the game for the complainers

DecoNoir #4 Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33880 battles

View Posthexine, on 21 April 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

you mean the PC verison went full sissy snowflake and ruined the core mechanics of the game for the complainers

More like made it so lazy pricks can't just camp the red line and one-shot better players without having to risk getting shot at.

And you can't ruin a core mechanic if that mechanic was made for idiots in the first place.

^ My awesome imaginary numbers. Because I'm too lazy to make one myself!

Contributor and General Handyman for Status Report. Like our work? Chat with us on the Status Report Discord

nocapkillall #5 Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8490 battles
  • [AEONS]

View PostBrogueOne, on 21 April 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

Artillery will remain unchanged because they feel it's just fine the way it is on console. They will, however, be adding the alternate view mode.

They are going to be watching the new MM very closely and will likely follow suit as long as it's successful.

These people really shouldn't have the authority to make these decisions. The console version of wot is a joke because of the terrible judgment of our devs. They adopt and keep all of the PC's problems but refuse to fix anything. It's ridiculous. 

run to Christ

read this if you suck

arty ruins wot

nocapkillall #6 Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8490 battles
  • [AEONS]

View PostDecoNoir, on 21 April 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

More like made it so lazy pricks can't just camp the red line and one-shot better players without having to risk getting shot at.

And you can't ruin a core mechanic if that mechanic was made for idiots in the first place.

Couldn't agree more.

run to Christ

read this if you suck

arty ruins wot

Also tagged with PC, Console, Update, Features

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users