• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Nomad2001 #41 Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:29 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 31691 battles
  • [FTW]

View PostLeadInjection88, on 24 April 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

why is it that only in ranked battles that it don't effect your stats ? would you not think that with it being called "ranked" that it would go on your stats . that don't really make very much since to me . i mean a battle is a battle right ? if the only difference is that it's only 1 tier of tanks . and do they ever plan on it counting on your stats ? or are they going to come out with a way to keep up with the "ranked battle stats" ? enquiring minds what to know the answers to these questions .

View PostSovietdeath, on 24 April 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

They don't count it because its only 1tier of battles, tanks that get normal MM would be getting Preferential treatment from these modes

I don't think that only being 1 tier of battle tanks has anything to do with it. You get Silver, XP, and Crew XP, and Free XP during the Ranked battles. So why not count to your Damage Standing, and other stats? I've been in matches where there have been all tier VI's on both teams. Does that mean that none of those stats should count? I don't think so. If you can gain all of the above things listed, then you should be getting Damage standing towards MoE's and Stats should count. 

If you look at any sport (I know, this isn't a sport), a players stats for the year include any play off stats for that season. 

View PostRaiBOT01, on 26 April 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

That grand prize reward is pretty rad ;):)  I wonder how many people will raise to the challenge! 

I agree that the prizes are very "rad". Right now it's hard to rise to the challenge when there seems to be something wrong with the point system.

I.E. I got 4 kills 3500 damage 538 Assisted, bounced 1420, survived and we won with only losing 1 tank. I got 0 personal points, and 19 total (team points since I got 0 personal) points. 

Another battle we lost. I got 2300 damage, 0 Assisted, blocked 350 and died. I got 10 personal points ( I was 3rd on after battle screen by the way), and -18 total points. I realize that the team points must have been -28 since my 10 off set the difference. But, why did I get 0 personal points on the game we won and I was 1st on the after battle?

What needs to happen instead of telling us that there will be personal points awarded and team points awarded/subtracted, is to tell us how these points are generated. What stats are they based on? My 2 examples above show how illogical (Mr. Spock) it is trying to figure out if you did well or not. Logic dictates if you finished 1st, your team won the game, you should get high personal, and high team points (especially when your team annihilates the other team). I'm a what makes this thing tick kind of guy, and it bugs the heck out of me when I don't see any rhyme or reason to a system.

View PostZiomski, on 26 April 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

I agree. Earnable emblems are always going to be better than medals only seen on a website. No one cares about what kind of medals you have gotten. Things that turn heads are MoEs and emblems on tanks. I've heard randoms complement my tank on game chat because they saw my MoE. I've never heard anyone say "Wow! You got a Lump of Coal medal! Congrats bro!"

I agree that emblems are the way to go, but that leaves a question, what tank do you put it on? I've used several tanks for this season, but should I get an emblem for each tank I used? Probably not. However, there should be special ops that award emblems to put on whatever tank you choose to put it on. What do you think WG?

2po30ba.jpg

LeadInjection88 #42 Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39545 battles

View PostNomad2001, on 30 April 2017 - 06:29 AM, said:

I don't think that only being 1 tier of battle tanks has anything to do with it. You get Silver, XP, and Crew XP, and Free XP during the Ranked battles. So why not count to your Damage Standing, and other stats? I've been in matches where there have been all tier VI's on both teams. Does that mean that none of those stats should count? I don't think so. If you can gain all of the above things listed, then you should be getting Damage standing towards MoE's and Stats should count. 

If you look at any sport (I know, this isn't a sport), a players stats for the year include any play off stats for that season. 

I agree that the prizes are very "rad". Right now it's hard to rise to the challenge when there seems to be something wrong with the point system.

I.E. I got 4 kills 3500 damage 538 Assisted, bounced 1420, survived and we won with only losing 1 tank. I got 0 personal points, and 19 total (team points since I got 0 personal) points. 

Another battle we lost. I got 2300 damage, 0 Assisted, blocked 350 and died. I got 10 personal points ( I was 3rd on after battle screen by the way), and -18 total points. I realize that the team points must have been -28 since my 10 off set the difference. But, why did I get 0 personal points on the game we won and I was 1st on the after battle?

What needs to happen instead of telling us that there will be personal points awarded and team points awarded/subtracted, is to tell us how these points are generated. What stats are they based on? My 2 examples above show how illogical (Mr. Spock) it is trying to figure out if you did well or not. Logic dictates if you finished 1st, your team won the game, you should get high personal, and high team points (especially when your team annihilates the other team). I'm a what makes this thing tick kind of guy, and it bugs the heck out of me when I don't see any rhyme or reason to a system.

I agree that emblems are the way to go, but that leaves a question, what tank do you put it on? I've used several tanks for this season, but should I get an emblem for each tank I used? Probably not. However, there should be special ops that award emblems to put on whatever tank you choose to put it on. What do you think WG?

AMEN !

swamp_fox_009 #43 Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:06 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13807 battles
  • [ODH]
Ranked battle scoring - more information needs to be presented to the player so people understand what is affecting the score. A lot of confusion on in game chat.

Smaller maps are great for the 7v7. They are getting a bit boring, we have one or 2 more that should of been included, Ensk maybe port.

Most of the time teams are working together. This mode is a lot different than random multiplayer matches. Tight formation s using focused fire will triumph. Seen complaints of lemmings, guess they haven't played tournament.

Match making - I've been stuck a couple games with an arty on my team and red had no arty. This should never happen, your basically down a tank at start.

Players running stock tanks, thanks for handicaping your team. Any way to not allow these tanks?

Emblem's upper leagues should award the player custom emblem's for played tanks.

Why can't this mode support clan battles?

Nomad2001 #44 Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:04 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 31691 battles
  • [FTW]

View Postswamp_fox_009, on 30 April 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Ranked battle scoring - more information needs to be presented to the player so people understand what is affecting the score. A lot of confusion on in game chat.

Smaller maps are great for the 7v7. They are getting a bit boring, we have one or 2 more that should of been included, Ensk maybe port.

Most of the time teams are working together. This mode is a lot different than random multiplayer matches. Tight formation s using focused fire will triumph. Seen complaints of lemmings, guess they haven't played tournament.

Match making - I've been stuck a couple games with an arty on my team and red had no arty. This should never happen, your basically down a tank at start.

Players running stock tanks, thanks for handicaping your team. Any way to not allow these tanks?

Emblem's upper leagues should award the player custom emblem's for played tanks.

Why can't this mode support clan battles?

I am soooo frustrated with Ranked battles right now. I was 20 points away from Master. I consistently lost matches with -24 to -35 after that while maybe every 3rd match got a +18 to +20. It's totally random as to what kind of players are on your team. I just got 4 kills on Cliff, but my whole team was taken so quickly that the last 3 tanks didn't have much damage to them and they swarmed me and took me out faster than a rocket car on the salt flats. I've literally gone back to needing 300 points for Master 10 times. I rarely finish below the top 3 on my team and 99% of the time get 0 personal points. When I do get personal points, it seems like it's usually on a loss. Then I don't lose 33 points, I only lose 28 (Thanks).

The maps are tedious after a while and everyone knows where everyone else is going to go. I get that you want to put emphasis on the battle, but now it's just a matter of luck as to which side you spawn on and if your "team" knows how to play a map or not. 

Match making: I haven't had the issue of no Arty on 1 team, but I have had 1 Arty per side and the red team has 6 Heavy tanks to our 2 Heavy, 1 Medium and 3 TD's. In what world is that fair MM?

I like the Emblems Idea stated above.

I don't know about clans, but platoons should be allowed (basically same thing if you're platooning with clan mates).

Also, why can't these damage points and other stats go towards damage standing MoE's and K/D ratio, etc? 

2po30ba.jpg

Nomad2001 #45 Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:57 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 31691 battles
  • [FTW]

Well I still didn't get master. I'm very disappointed because I feel there were many issues with this season. Here's an example of 2. Time, and MM.

This is the result of the long wait. Can you guess who won?

2po30ba.jpg

Nomad2001 #46 Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:12 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 31691 battles
  • [FTW]

I know it seems like I'm just complaining, but I do want to say thank you for trying to improve the system. This time didn't quite work, but the intent was good. There's got to be a better way to do Ranked Battles.

Without knowing how the system is supposed to work (how points are generated for personal, for winning team, for losing team) I can't even make an informed suggestion as to improvements. I do know that it is too confusing as it stands in regards to what you are trying to accomplish with this game mode. 

The prizes were great incentives, just hard to obtain.

Many players were frustrated, you could hear it in their voices and comments when results were obvious (going to be a win, or loss).

One last thing, At the end of the season, you can no longer see the results of your friends or your division. You should be able to see that for a day or two afterwards I think.

2po30ba.jpg

igor5618 #47 Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:33 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 27384 battles
Best change I would consider for future ranked events is banning gold ammo.

obs4242 #48 Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4416 battles

View Postswamp_fox_009, on 30 April 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

As grinding or farming players will be assigned to your or the enemy team with a 50:50 chance I don't agree this weakens any team or player over time. It rather gives players who take Ranked Battles serious the chance get overall a higher weight in the battle results (over time) and thus have better chances to win and finally rise in the divisions. Btw: Do you think a stock tank does any different to a team in multiplayer mode?

In fact a lot of players seem to have played Ranked Battles to grind their tier 8 tanks or farm silver/XP with their mediocre t8 premiums in equal tier match making. Why else would you prefer the frequently seen Fatherland to the much more competitive IS-3? I also played Ranked Battles for exactly that reason and have to admit that I also tended to yolo a game once I realized that the team does not stick together which according to toy tank battle logic (which I would compare the Ranked Battles meta to) means the team is likely to lose anyway.

A lot has been said about why Ranked Battles are broken which I would agree to. But if we just look at them as an opportunity to grind and farm among equal tiers without impact to multi player stats Ranked Battles do make sense and are worth to continue with it once in a while.

vishcoff12 #49 Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15762 battles
  • [SPSR]
Anyone get any rewards yet ??? Or are they just going to hold out tell later... JW

P.S the way the scoreing system is set up is broken ... Had a game where i had 4kills 3500dam and was in first place only got 1point for personal (team got 10) so a total of 11- i lost the next game and got -30 .... wthalong that ive died and been last on my team but got 10 personal points and 30 for the win... Again wthwg im sure yall realize there issuses now ...

ReverendBeast #50 Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:10 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27574 battles
  • [-OFF-]

View Postigor5618, on 01 May 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

Best change I would consider for future ranked events is banning gold ammo.

Why?  You can load it also.  Never understood this line of reasoning. It is a function of the game and available for all to use.

Working as intended, clever use of game mechanics,premium ammo is not cheating.

World Of Tanks Old Farts and Fogies.

Tier 2-10.

IronBallsMatt #51 Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10629 battles

View PostReverendBeast, on 01 May 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

Why?  You can load it also.  Never understood this line of reasoning. It is a function of the game and available for all to use.

plus some tanks I think have apcr (for example) as standard which would be considered premium for other tanks

I agree, anyone can use it so it's not an issue. You can even buy it with silver, so really shouldn't be referred to as "gold" as that implies it's only available to people spending gold

aaapsmoi #52 Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12971 battles

View Postvishcoff12, on 01 May 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

Anyone get any rewards yet ??? Or are they just going to hold out tell later... JW

P.S the way the scoreing system is set up is broken ... Had a game where i had 4kills 3500dam and was in first place only got 1point for personal (team got 10) so a total of 11- i lost the next game and got -30 .... wthalong that ive died and been last on my team but got 10 personal points and 30 for the win... Again wthwg im sure yall realize there issuses now ...

I think the scoring system was ok. If your statistics showed that you are a skilled player, the system expected more from you (maybe too much) and you didn't get so much personal points. But if you are a mediocre player and you did well, you got 20-30 personal points (+/- team points). The system was friendly for most players, only the really good ones suffered.

Wolfwood1861 #53 Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 42935 battles
  • [303]

View Postaaapsmoi, on 01 May 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

I think the scoring system was ok. If your statistics showed that you are a skilled player, the system expected more from you (maybe too much) and you didn't get so much personal points. But if you are a mediocre player and you did well, you got 20-30 personal points (+/- team points). The system was friendly for most players, only the really good ones suffered.

So its okay that I never saw 20-30 personal points just because I won last season? 4500 damage, 4 kills 2300 blocked + 0 personal points just because the players on the other team aren't as good as me? I'm not even that good...

Nomad2001 #54 Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:27 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 31691 battles
  • [FTW]

View PostReverendBeast, on 01 May 2017 - 05:10 AM, said:

View PostIronBallsMatt, on 01 May 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

plus some tanks I think have apcr (for example) as standard which would be considered premium for other tanks

I agree, anyone can use it so it's not an issue. You can even buy it with silver, so really shouldn't be referred to as "gold" as that implies it's only available to people spending gold

I agree with both of you regarding "Premium Rounds". They are not cheating and they are standard rounds on some tanks. I believe that's why WG started having them available to purchase with silver. Otherwise it was considered Pay to Win, 

View Postaaapsmoi, on 01 May 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

The scoring system is not ok, for this main reason: If your team gets points and Half of them are getting 30 points and half of them are getting 15 points, that is not points rewarded based on "Team Play". I'm not talking about additional points for "Personal" points being added. I'm talking about the team having Gold and Platinum divisions mixed together. The Gold Division gets 30 while the Platinum gets 15. We have no control of MM when it comes to how the team is comprised. Many battles I was in the above scenario happened. How do I know? I would say something like "only 15 points?" and people would say "I got 30". I would ask if that was including personal points and they would say they didn't get any personal points. Many times I carried the team and wasn't rewarded as many points as my team because they happened to be in a lower division. This is not balanced. I can understand making the next level take more points to obtain, but to not reward the same amount of points as the rest of your team is wrong. 

2po30ba.jpg

TallDesert34426 #55 Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 54125 battles
  • [-UNL-]
It is literally more luck-based than skill-based. Luck-based in terms of what team you get and whether on not they will end your winning streak before you hit the next 300 point milestone. I was literally getting as low as 6 points for a win, only to have any progress sledgehammered away by subtracting 42 for a single defeat, and they were decent games too. I got to Sr. master league on the first day and never got any further in the remaining 2 days. The amount of wins you have to get non-stop in a row is utterly absurd(have to get impossibly lucky) considering the inevitable defeats that can't be avoided, even by getting a top gun and 5k damage in a light tank. Also, I didn't appear to be getting any "personal points" whatsoever for being top xp earner consistently.

SPCCN #56 Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:26 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26749 battles
  • [-ZT-]

TLDR: CHANGE THE NAME FROM "RANKED" BATTLE TO "TEAM RANKED"

So I played this game type all weekend and I have to say that the overall experience was fun. The rewards listed on the web page looked great and reflected the effort needed to reach a given rank. Well done. I played mostly premium vehicles so I'm not certain about the silver earning, but it seemed fair when I ran TT tanks. Also accumulating Crew XP in this game type was really nice and a good move. However the points system as marketed to players is TOTAL CRAP!

Max's comments this ranked season was the same as last two attempts, "you need to win." So then STOP PRESENTING THIS AS AN INDIVIDUAL RANK. At best this is a

"Teamwork Rank," and you know what? That is cool, if you just told people that it is what it is! It represents your ability to work with randoms in the same tier towards a common goal. But your rank DOES NOT REPRESENT YOUR SKILL. More appropriately it MIGHT represent your personal survivability rank. Surviving late into the game gives you the chance to win, or the ability to limit your losses when defeated.

Added info:

I abused the ranked mechanics by playing the Fatherland almost exclusively.

I noticed that damage was key to a better personal score, so tanks with High DPM were going to be your best choice.

In addition, I figured out that each tank (more than a player) had a weighting that I called an "Estimated Effective Average," (EEA) if you met the EEA for your tank you received 0 points because you basically sucked or broke even. When you went above the Estimated Effectiveness for your tank you got more personal points. I did this by test playing the T69, Centennial, Tiger II, Pershing, Borsig, and T-44.

For example:

My best Personal score was like 19-23 points, I was in a T-44 with the 120mm gun and I did over 3400 damage to a total potato sac team.

Regularly in my Fatherland I was getting 2800 damage 1000 assisted, a couple spots, , couple kills, and almost always 1000+ blocked plus I regularly survived matches. I consistently

earned 0 Individual points but almost always went up because we won. (9/10 when I survived we won)

So I made it into Senior Master league from Platinum in about 6 hours by surviving matches and getting the team points because of this EEA 0 point scale. To be clear I was a real try hard (see above) but my individual points were not reflecting my CONTRIBUTION even if they adhered to the WoT algorithm.

I find it hard to believe that the aforementioned contribution I was making time and again was worth 0 points. I was #1 on the team often and top 3 almost guaranteed.

Spoiler

Edited by SPCCN, 02 May 2017 - 03:42 AM.

Tanks must always push the battle, maneuver terrain, gain position, coordinate, and devastate the enemy.

Play like a TANK not a pill box! 

Move away from bad engagements and towards favourable ones.

Relocating does not make you a coward loser.

SapaTappa #57 Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 41727 battles

"The system was friendly for most players, only the really good ones suffered."

I must be a secret UniCorn (sic) because my scores were ruddy atrocious.:trollface:

Could not get out of Gold, always twenty to thirty-ish off Platinum and then Boom :arta: down comes the rain with the minus sign in front of my score. :amazed:

Sapa

P.S. Does anybody know when the results are published?

Edited by SapaTappa, 02 May 2017 - 01:15 PM.

YoPapa59 #58 Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 54592 battles
  • [2-CAV]

I like the Medal on the web site.

I like the idea of rank notification during game play.  It may get crowded to put another "non paid" emblem on the tanks.

The Marks of Excellence makes sense on the tank earned.  The ranking is on the "Tier" earned not "a" tank.

Pulling this together and trying to make sense points to the possibility of a players ranking be placed with the game tag when you play that tiered tank.

YoPapa59 #59 Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 54592 battles
  • [2-CAV]

View PostSapaTappa, on 02 May 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

"The system was friendly for most players, only the really good ones suffered."

I must be a secret UniCorn (sic) because my scores were ruddy atrocious.:trollface:

Could not get out of Gold, always twenty to thirty-ish off Platinum and then Boom :arta: down comes the rain with the minus sign in front of my score. :amazed:

Sapa

P.S. Does anybody know when the results are published?

Hi Sapa

Per the ops release notes.  You should see how it ended by going into ranked battle and looking at the ladder.  Otherwise, do as in the past - research the player via the "Hall of Fame" and other ways.

cheatlIwin #60 Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:59 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27983 battles
  • [ODH]

It's Simple, If your winning at at a higher Percentage than the average player your going to be moving up in Division. (Whether its done with an Aggressive Playstyle or Defensive one, any single Player can be a factor. )

I really enjoyed this game mode 7v7 tier 8 because it was a learning experience in a  Competitive Map environment .

I'd like to see Master Divisions get separate matchmaking from Lower Divisions. 

There comes a point where watching the slowest Heavy tanks in the Tier climb the Hill on Himmelsdorf make me want to grab my MiC, but I just kept Public Chat Volume muted the entire event. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users