Ranked Battles: Domin8 or Be Domin8ed

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

JOZIN_Z_BAZIN_PL #61 Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 36108 battles
  • [-S-]

Great idea but poor execution, I still enjoyed it since exp. and silver earnings were good. One thing that was killing the whole event was personal points system, nobody knows how they were calculated. 

Almost always got 0 or 2 no matter what my score was therefore getting frustrated with bad teammates. For a win sometimes I could get 11 points and -30 for a loss so you have to keep 75% WR. 

Had to turn off few times when losing 3,4 times in a row due to bad drawing of teammates getting killed in first minute or camping at the flag.

There is only one thing that needs to be fixed, give more personal points for good results (Most damage = points, most kills = points etc.) and do tell us how points are calculated. 

YoPapa59 #62 Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 52140 battles
  • [2-CAV]

View PostSPCCN, on 02 May 2017 - 03:26 AM, said:

TLDR: CHANGE THE NAME FROM "RANKED" BATTLE TO "TEAM RANKED"

So I played this game type all weekend and I have to say that the overall experience was fun. The rewards listed on the web page looked great and reflected the effort needed to reach a given rank. Well done. I played mostly premium vehicles so I'm not certain about the silver earning, but it seemed fair when I ran TT tanks. Also accumulating Crew XP in this game type was really nice and a good move. However the points system as marketed to players is TOTAL CRAP!

Max's comments this ranked season was the same as last two attempts, "you need to win." So then STOP PRESENTING THIS AS AN INDIVIDUAL RANK. At best this is a

"Teamwork Rank," and you know what? That is cool, if you just told people that it is what it is! It represents your ability to work with randoms in the same tier towards a common goal. But your rank DOES NOT REPRESENT YOUR SKILL. More appropriately it MIGHT represent your personal survivability rank. Surviving late into the game gives you the chance to win, or the ability to limit your losses when defeated.

Added info:

I abused the ranked mechanics by playing the Fatherland almost exclusively.

I noticed that damage was key to a better personal score, so tanks with High DPM were going to be your best choice.

In addition, I figured out that each tank (more than a player) had a weighting that I called an "Estimated Effective Average," (EEA) if you met the EEA for your tank you received 0 points because you basically sucked or broke even. When you went above the Estimated Effectiveness for your tank you got more personal points. I did this by test playing the T69, Centennial, Tiger II, Pershing, Borsig, and T-44.

For example:

My best Personal score was like 19-23 points, I was in a T-44 with the 120mm gun and I did over 3400 damage to a total potato sac team.

Regularly in my Fatherland I was getting 2800 damage 1000 assisted, a couple spots, , couple kills, and almost always 1000+ blocked plus I regularly survived matches. I consistently

earned 0 Individual points but almost always went up because we won. (9/10 when I survived we won)

So I made it into Senior Master league from Platinum in about 6 hours by surviving matches and getting the team points because of this EEA 0 point scale. To be clear I was a real try hard (see above) but my individual points were not reflecting my CONTRIBUTION even if they adhered to the WoT algorithm.

I find it hard to believe that the aforementioned contribution I was making time and again was worth 0 points. I was #1 on the team often and top 3 almost guaranteed.

Spoiler

SPCCN - Thank you for your thoughtful contribution.

Yes, the Fatherland was bouncing side shots all of the time.

Again, thank you

lx Moose xl #63 Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:26 AM

Private

• Players
  • 14514 battles
  • [MST3K]

I was able to make it to Chief Grand Maser League and I made it to within 150 points with about 2-3 hours to go before I went on a 3 game losing streak and lost an average of -30 each game and just wasn't able to recover. To say I was frustrated would be an understatement but the overall experience was great I believe and i'll explain why.

In regards to advancing to the next league, there is certainly a degree of luck involved i.e. not having afk or base camping teammates and those who actually work together but you definitely need to have individual skill as well because I can think of over a dozen times that I would need to clutch a game all by myself with two or three tanks remaining and if i'm not able to do that then there's a good chance that i'm not going to be able to move up as fast because just one loss really can make a big difference. The players who were able to advance to the higher leagues did so on more then just luck alone believe me.

The only thing that needs to be improved would be the amount of negative points you get for losing a game, especially for people in higher leagues because they get affected the most. Im not saying that you don't lose any points for a lose but if you were the top one or two performers on your team and you lost because there were players who either didn't have a high skill level, weren't playing, etc...which cost you to lose then at the very least let the top players come out even or only slight negative instead of handing them such a devastating loss. This would ensure that the high performers would move up while those who don't contribute stay where they're at. At the same time I hope WG doesn't make it so easy so a large amount of people can make it into the top leagues because despite the point system needing tweaking it did make getting into the higher leagues more difficult and exclusive which is what I prefer. I still want it to be extremely difficult to get into the top leagues but players who consistently perform well but loss games due to a bad team shouldn't be penalized so harshly. Also adding a few more maps would be nice too but overall I think this was a great event and one of the more enjoyable game modes to come from WG. I look forward to seeing how they hopefully improve it.

Oh and I managed to put together a highlights and fails video of myself from a bunch of the ranked battles I played in so feel free to give that a watch and lemme know what you think. Thanks.

cheatlIwin #64 Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25633 battles
  • [ODH]
That team kill at 2:48 , actions like that should get players banned from the game mode.

CLoKeSTa #65 Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14316 battles
  • [LIBR8]

View Postlx Moose xl, on 10 May 2017 - 03:26 AM, said:

I was able to make it to Chief Grand Maser League and I made it to within 150 points with about 2-3 hours to go before I went on a 3 game losing streak and lost an average of -30 each game and just wasn't able to recover. To say I was frustrated would be an understatement but the overall experience was great I believe and i'll explain why.

In regards to advancing to the next league, there is certainly a degree of luck involved i.e. not having afk or base camping teammates and those who actually work together but you definitely need to have individual skill as well because I can think of over a dozen times that I would need to clutch a game all by myself with two or three tanks remaining and if i'm not able to do that then there's a good chance that i'm not going to be able to move up as fast because just one loss really can make a big difference. The players who were able to advance to the higher leagues did so on more then just luck alone believe me.

The only thing that needs to be improved would be the amount of negative points you get for losing a game, especially for people in higher leagues because they get affected the most. Im not saying that you don't lose any points for a lose but if you were the top one or two performers on your team and you lost because there were players who either didn't have a high skill level, weren't playing, etc...which cost you to lose then at the very least let the top players come out even or only slight negative instead of handing them such a devastating loss. This would ensure that the high performers would move up while those who don't contribute stay where they're at. At the same time I hope WG doesn't make it so easy so a large amount of people can make it into the top leagues because despite the point system needing tweaking it did make getting into the higher leagues more difficult and exclusive which is what I prefer. I still want it to be extremely difficult to get into the top leagues but players who consistently perform well but loss games due to a bad team shouldn't be penalized so harshly. Also adding a few more maps would be nice too but overall I think this was a great event and one of the more enjoyable game modes to come from WG. I look forward to seeing how they hopefully improve it.

Oh and I managed to put together a highlights and fails video of myself from a bunch of the ranked battles I played in so feel free to give that a watch and lemme know what you think. Thanks.

Nice video, good tankin. I agree that the guy from 2:48 should be banned from rank battles, and even warned for permanent ban from WoT.  Hopefully you reported him, we don't need players like that. If you didn't, please do report him. (You didn't antagonize him did you? Be honest.  :trollface:)

-Clokesta

RNG Tank Operations, NEVER AGAIN!

lx Moose xl #66 Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:15 AM

Private

• Players
  • 14514 battles
  • [MST3K]

View PostcheatlIwin, on 09 May 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

That team kill at 2:48 , actions like that should get players banned from the game mode.

View PostCLoKeSTa, on 10 May 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

Nice video, good tankin. I agree that the guy from 2:48 should be banned from rank battles, and even warned for permanent ban from WoT.  Hopefully you reported him, we don't need players like that. If you didn't, please do report him. (You didn't antagonize him did you? Be honest.  :trollface:)

Don't be too harsh on him, I didn't antagonize him but we kinda know each other plus I ended up winning that game and it gave me a funny clip for my video. No bans need to be given from my perspective.

Edited by lx Moose xl, 11 May 2017 - 02:14 AM.

K31th1972 #67 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:01 PM

Private

• Players
  • 13061 battles
Variety is the spice of tanking lolz

YoPapa59 #68 Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 52140 battles
  • [2-CAV]

View PostK31th1972, on 15 May 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

Variety is the spice of tanking lolz

I concur with IX and K31 - Banning is another slippery slope.  I heard that Sony PS4 has an effective "avoid" and "review" player system.  XBox 360 had it but did not integrate with the XBox One.

The power should be in blocking not having "the man" hatchet another.  This alone scales and happens right now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users