Arty only squads should not be allowed

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

SaBo ESP #1 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16929 battles

Im getting sick of joining gamrs were all u find is Arty only squads being tier 10...its a joke theres nothing you can do apart from hide behind a building from start to finish.

Where is the fun in that

IAmJonReaper #2 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:52 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12541 battles
But how are we supposed to "train" our sexton I crews in our 5 man platoons? :trollface:

Spartan Elite43 #3 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:53 PM

Captain

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 16818 battles
  • [BULL]

Really dude? If you're worried about ARTY only squads then you have other issues to worry about play style wise.

There are much more dangerous platoons like all tier 10 medium platoons, or all IS7 platoons, All tier 8 Light tank platoons. 

All of those are much more scary than Tier 10 ARTY's 

IAmJonReaper #4 Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12541 battles

View PostSpartan Elite43, on 21 April 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Really dude? If you're worried about ARTY only squads then you have other issues to worry about play style wise.

There are much more dangerous platoons like all tier 10 medium platoons, or all IS7 platoons, All tier 8 Light tank platoons. 

I agree with this. While all arty platoons can be annoying especially if they focus fire you. (p.s. arty guys please leave me alone. k thanks bye.) They are not nearly as dangerous as a 5 man medium wolfpack coming to chew you up. 

xxBattleroyAL #5 Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:11 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17578 battles

View PostSpartan Elite43, on 21 April 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

View PostIAmJonReaper, on 21 April 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

I agree with this. While all arty platoons can be annoying especially if they focus fire you. (p.s. arty guys please leave me alone. k thanks bye.) They are not nearly as dangerous as a 5 man medium wolfpack coming to chew you up. 

I am with both of these guys on this one.  Platoon of batchats or objects basically. 

I don't see arty parties all that often.

nocapkillall #6 Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8784 battles
Why must you all defend arty or deflect onto real tanks? Arty platoons are a huge problem 'cause they can coordinate their fire and hit one tank with five shots at once every reload.

situational awareness + positioning = wot

a thread that will make you better at the game

Spartan Elite43 #7 Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:57 AM

Captain

• 16818 battles
  • [BULL]

View Postnocapkillall, on 22 April 2017 - 12:13 AM, said:

Why must you all defend arty or deflect onto real tanks? Arty platoons are a huge problem 'cause they can coordinate their fire and hit one tank with five shots at once every reload.

Yeah because no other tanks could do that...smh these are the people who keep saying ARTY is overpowered whilst they sit out in the open or behind a small rock...js

RAGINGxHULK #8 Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:03 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11577 battles
  • [E7CAV]
I agree that 5 man arty platoons are the worst no matter what tier. And yes 5 man any tank platoon Wolfpack situation sucks, at least those tanks have to leave the base and maybe one or two get killed quick then it's not so bad. No such luck with 5 artys camping the back of a map communicating. I don't mind artys in the game. The only reason 5 people platoon artys is to be jerks. Period.

TheDepauperate #9 Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:08 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28603 battles

View PostSpartan Elite43, on 21 April 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

View PostSpartan Elite43, on 23 April 2017 - 12:57 AM, said:

Yeah because no other tanks could do that...smh these are the people who keep saying ARTY is overpowered whilst they sit out in the open or behind a small rock...js

It's pretty sad that comments like that get upvoted; I guess there are many types of lemming trains in life.  Nobody said anything that was arty hate and nobody said arty was OP.

There's no reason to attack him about his playstyle because he's "worried" about all-arty platoons.  Clearly, you play a lot of arty, which is fine, and you're good at it, but that doesn't mean it's easy to have a productive game in a tank that isn't very mobile with several arty that are coordinating.  Many of the maps are very corridor oriented, and there are only so many viable arty-safe spots to use for a particular type of tank.  That's assuming you have one arty, then you might be able to keep cover on the side they're attacking from.  If you have 3 (or more), that are spread out and attacking from different areas of the map, how do you propose everyone stays arty-safe?  Staying mobile is great in theory but some tanks just don't move that fast and have slow aim-times, and with several capable arty players coordinating, how long before one of them lands a shot anyway, do you think?  Sitting in a heavy tank behind a big house in the back where you can't get hit is the worst kind of useless, and that seems to be what you're promoting.  Sometimes you have to push ridges and use small hard-cover as best you can.  Sitting in the open has nothing to do with this discussion except you having projected it onto the original poster.  Perhaps if you'd like to get out there on the front line in your M103 and play against a platoon of 3 skilled players in M55s you'd change your tune a bit, and that's hardly the worst tank to be in.  

I like arty, I feel like it has a place in the game, and it can be fun.  My girlfriend who's only real experience with console gaming is WoT plays arty pretty much exclusively because she's still getting used to the controls and coordination required to play games on console, and that's great because without that class she'd likely never have gotten into the game or any other.  All of that being said, platoons full of arty are just troll, they change the game dynamics, and not for the better.

leova #10 Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11313 battles
  • [47R]
PC disabled the ability for Arty to join ANY platoons, and I hope we get the same great change here :)

TheDepauperate #11 Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28603 battles

View Postleova, on 26 April 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

PC disabled the ability for Arty to join ANY platoons, and I hope we get the same great change here :)

I don't think that's fair, just from the player's standpoint, because they can never platoon with friends, which is often the whole point.  Personally, I would like to see a limit of 1 arty max per platoon, and 2 max per team though.

leova #12 Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11313 battles
  • [47R]

View PostTheDepauperate, on 26 April 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

I don't think that's fair, just from the player's standpoint, because they can never platoon with friends, which is often the whole point. 

true, but the reasoning given(which makes sense) is that platooned arty rarely helped anyone but their own platoonies, and multi-arty platoons would just super-focus one tank and make their game completely unplayable

i'd limit it to 1 arty/platoon, MAX, if its even allowed

killer etzi0 #13 Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 55655 battles
  • [47R]
arty arty arty........ I just love seeing 4 or 5 arty on the other team. Must earn a Burda's soon! :justwait: :bush::trollface:

Edited by killer etzi0, 26 April 2017 - 03:59 PM.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

TheDepauperate #14 Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28603 battles

View Postleova, on 26 April 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

true, but the reasoning given(which makes sense) is that platooned arty rarely helped anyone but their own platoonies, and multi-arty platoons would just super-focus one tank and make their game completely unplayable

i'd limit it to 1 arty/platoon, MAX, if its even allowed

Yeah, I get that, though I'm not sure if that's reflective of what goes on (on the console) the majority of the time.  I platoon with my gf in her arty and she'll focus fire on someone who's really giving me grief, but in general she takes the shots that are available.  I haven't played arty much in a long time, but I generally do the same.  There are only so many good shot opportunities, there's not point wasting time waiting for a shot that may never happen to help out the platoon if there are viable shots elsewhere.

TheDepauperate #15 Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28603 battles

View Postkiller etzi0, on 26 April 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

arty arty arty........ I just love seeing 4 or 5 arty on the other team. Must earn a Burda's soon! :justwait: :bush::trollface:

lol.. I like it when i'm in my lights, which are my favorite anyway.. less so when I'm in my chieftain :(

Spartan Elite43 #16 Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

Captain

• 16818 battles
  • [BULL]

View PostTheDepauperate, on 26 April 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

It's pretty sad that comments like that get upvoted; I guess there are many types of lemming trains in life.  Nobody said anything that was arty hate and nobody said arty was OP.

There's no reason to attack him about his playstyle because he's "worried" about all-arty platoons.  Clearly, you play a lot of arty, which is fine, and you're good at it, but that doesn't mean it's easy to have a productive game in a tank that isn't very mobile with several arty that are coordinating.  Many of the maps are very corridor oriented, and there are only so many viable arty-safe spots to use for a particular type of tank.  That's assuming you have one arty, then you might be able to keep cover on the side they're attacking from.  If you have 3 (or more), that are spread out and attacking from different areas of the map, how do you propose everyone stays arty-safe?  Staying mobile is great in theory but some tanks just don't move that fast and have slow aim-times, and with several capable arty players coordinating, how long before one of them lands a shot anyway, do you think?  Sitting in a heavy tank behind a big house in the back where you can't get hit is the worst kind of useless, and that seems to be what you're promoting.  Sometimes you have to push ridges and use small hard-cover as best you can.  Sitting in the open has nothing to do with this discussion except you having projected it onto the original poster.  Perhaps if you'd like to get out there on the front line in your M103 and play against a platoon of 3 skilled players in M55s you'd change your tune a bit, and that's hardly the worst tank to be in.  

I like arty, I feel like it has a place in the game, and it can be fun.  My girlfriend who's only real experience with console gaming is WoT plays arty pretty much exclusively because she's still getting used to the controls and coordination required to play games on console, and that's great because without that class she'd likely never have gotten into the game or any other.  All of that being said, platoons full of arty are just troll, they change the game dynamics, and not for the better.

View Postleova, on 26 April 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

The Depauperate, I was not attacking him as a player, but just bringing up the fact that it really isn't that hard to position yourself to avoid ARTY. I have many not mobile tanks and when I am in them I make sure to position myself with an object between me and normal ARTY Locations.

People have this notion that ARTY can hit from anywhere on any map and that just isn't the case. In fact most maps are built specifically to protect people from ARTY even to the point that they have started blocking ARTY honey holes so we can't stay hidden.

No vehicles have been changed or nerfed, or had entire maps changed to limit them except ARTY. 

You will occasionally get hit by ARTY and that sucks for everyone, but as long as you try to limit L.o.S with where the ARTY sit then you will be fine.

I was bringing up a point that everyone hates on ARTY immediately, but let's be honest which scares you more in a battle, a platoon of tier 10 ARTY or a Platoon of tier 10 Mediums?....

Leova, taking away a players ability to play with friends on a game is the dumbest thing ever. If that is what we are heading for then they might as well kill Platooning altogether. If they want to place a limit on how many ARTY can be in a platoon then that is fine, but don't take away the right to platoon. 

Since we are on that subject maybe we need to limit all tanks platooning, no more 5 medium platoons, or light tank platoons, or Heavy Tank Platoons.... Limit Platoons to a max of 3 of any type tank and have ARTY Limited to 2 per game. It would increase ARTY Queue times but we already have long MM times. 

RAGNAR0K N ROLL #17 Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18551 battles
I'd love just once to see a 15 v 15 match full of artillery

The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

Lone Wolfing since day 1

Spartan Elite43 #18 Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:28 PM

Captain

• 16818 battles
  • [BULL]

View PostRAGNAR0K N ROLL, on 14 May 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

I'd love just once to see a 15 v 15 match full of artillery

Check out Dez Games on youtube. I think he has done it in his face off series!

XxVader16xX #19 Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:05 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27565 battles
  • [DP]
Pc took arty out of platoons, i don't say do that, but limit it to 2 for a 3+ platoon.  Just because of the clan I'm in I get focused like crazy.  Platoons of arty destroy my game, and fun. 

Spartan Elite43 #20 Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:37 AM

Captain

• 16818 battles
  • [BULL]

View PostXxVader16xX, on 15 May 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

Pc took arty out of platoons, i don't say do that, but limit it to 2 for a 3+ platoon.  Just because of the clan I'm in I get focused like crazy.  Platoons of arty destroy my game, and fun. 

Now we are talking...

Limiting the games to a max of 2 ARTY per game would make the games better overall. Yes it would make wait times go up for those of us who play ARTY, but we don't like having 5 ARTY per side games either. It limits our potential Damage and also creates a huge problem since most people who play ARTY don't know what Team work is...

I Love ARTY always will, but it can screw up MM even worse than it is already. I'd say limit each match to a max of 4 arty 2 per side.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users