Arty only squads should not be allowed

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

TequilaHardMan #21 Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:51 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12501 battles
  • [55TH]

Limiting the number of arty will only remove the possibility of ever earning a Burda's medal for anyone.

I am an average player, I see extra artys in game as a challenge, it's all part of the game. Get taken out by one, oh well, next game, and on and on it goes...

Here's a thought: You never hear WW2 stories of 'Ze Germanz' asking the Yanks to limit the number of artillery used during battles (or vice versa), so why do it here?

Spartan Elite43 #22 Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:50 AM

Captain

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 16886 battles
  • [BULL]

View PostTequilaHardMan, on 15 May 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

Limiting the number of arty will only remove the possibility of ever earning a Burda's medal for anyone.

I am an average player, I see extra artys in game as a challenge, it's all part of the game. Get taken out by one, oh well, next game, and on and on it goes...

Here's a thought: You never hear WW2 stories of 'Ze Germanz' asking the Yanks to limit the number of artillery used during battles (or vice versa), so why do it here?

Most of my games have come from the Best ARTY piece in the game, (M55 if you're wondering)

The reason they should limit the number of ARTY in a game is simple when you get into a match with 4 ARTY each side (Not Even a party) the games play very differently than the original concept of the game.

It needs to be limited to help with the flow of games. 

Too many ARTY and the gameplay slows drastically as people are afraid to go out. 

Also have you ever had a match with 1 ARTY on your team and 4 on the other? 

This is because matchmaking can't find another comparable team so the matches become unbalanced. 

When 1/3 of your team can be oneshotted by every player on the other team it kinda makes life hard on the rest of the team to try and carry.

The easiest way to fix this is to limit the amount of ARTY per game 2 per team maximum is plenty and the longer wait times will cause some ARTY players to stop playing it, and play their other tanks allowing for a smaller pool of ARTY overall.

I have very little interaction with ARTY when I am not in my ARTY due to my knowledge of ARTY hiding spots and actively playing to avoid them. ARTY is vital to the games balance so you can't remove it completely.

We are Wargamings way of telling you you can't just dig in and sit the whole game. We control the flow of a game. Yet we are not Overpowered. Right now I feel ARTY is as Balanced as it ever has been.

The combination of less penning shots and the "Mercy Rolls" which I Hate... has actually helped to limit the ridiculous games. 

XxVader16xX #23 Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 29617 battles
  • [IMTLZ]
I only say limit the amount in a platoon, I could care less about the 5 a piece each team.  5 arty not platooned isn't very effective for focus fire. 

x1981 Bengals #24 Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:54 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17176 battles
  • [FRAT]

View PostSaBo ESP, on 21 April 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

Im getting sick of joining gamrs were all u find is Arty only squads being tier 10...its a joke theres nothing you can do apart from hide behind a building from start to finish.

Where is the fun in that

Arty should not be allowed

Banned from Bunker

Banned from WCL & RSR

Former clan disbanded by WG

3 MoE: TT King Tiger, Tiger, VK30M, T29, T32, 3/4

Baardgier #25 Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24162 battles
  • [IMLTS]

View PostSpartan Elite43, on 23 April 2017 - 12:57 AM, said:

Yeah because no other tanks could do that...smh these are the people who keep saying ARTY is overpowered whilst they sit out in the open or behind a small rock...js

On some maps like Malinovka, Prokhorovka, and Steppes small rocks is about the best you can do while still being in a useful position to your team. Arty platoons also don't have to worry about return fire from almost all the tanks they shoot. Yes, other platoons can be more devastating but in order to do that in medium tanks they actually have to know what they're doing. Arty platoons need to be slightly above eating crayons level of skill to be effective, no other class can boast that.

Former Account: HappeningShrimp

58 Tanks with 3 MoE (100% MoE have **)

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users