Absolutely Terrible Match Making!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

SolicitorGaming #1 Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:01 AM

Private

• Players
  • 6985 battles
Starting to think wargaming needs to look into their whole match making.  I have probably won 20% of my last 100 games because i am constantly getting match up with a team that cant kill more then 2 people.  Please do something that balances out the skill level of the teams........

Sovietdeath #2 Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:53 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15232 battles

View PostmcZIIC, on 24 April 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

Starting to think wargaming needs to look into their whole match making.  I have probably won 20% of my last 100 games because i am constantly getting match up with a team that cant kill more then 2 people.  Please do something that balances out the skill level of the teams........

i have won 62.33% of my games in the last month despite teams, doing well begins with reacting properly to support your team.

PS you have won 54% of your last 120 games so please dont lie about your stats

D1G1TAL1MAGE #3 Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15864 battles
  • [ODH]
I have found that over the long term it evens out.  Everyone has poor games, makes mistakes, and has to deal with bad team mates. 

PrimalSeal1965 #4 Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9323 battles
  • [RETRO]

Everyone has bad games, bad teams and what not...It's just how it is. RNG the Tank Gods revenge is not always kind or on our sides...

I wonder what I'm thinking when doing something that's gotten me blown up. Something I knew was gonna get me blown up! I think to myself, self you knew better than that hows about trying harder next round!

Then I wonder too, well why can't my team play like the Reds then we'd have a chance because by now I've realized no matter what I do, it's gonna end soon and we'll be in another battle. Can't blame the team, they did the best they could do, the Reds was just better and I didn't play the best I could've. Maybe it's just RNG...

However, I wonder why some folks do what they do too. Like the Camper that camps at the Cap the entire battle and gets destroyed and never moved or fired his tank. They didn't help or even TRY...Why'd they even bother to log on? Seriously, How many times have we seen that? 

I personally have some pretty serious health problems and sometimes I think I feel like playing some but then soon Realize I am just not up to playing. BUT I have never just logged into a battle and not tried regardless of how badly I felt..If I logged in, I'll stay and try until the end and then I get off and go do what I need...too..

Just don't understand the Cap Camper...Health? Using the bathroom maybe? idk...but they're not being part of the team doing things like that...

Or like the tanks that charge off into Hill and their tanks are visible a 1000 meters and so visible in fact you can see them from the garage and you know in just a few seconds their gonna get blown away and they do...LOL! Yea, how many times do we see tanks they are just driving into certain doom because they've got some idea that hey I'm in a heavy I'm not gonna get blown up...Or the light tanks that are Racing about..yea they're fast than that HV shell...never fails..in seconds they're off to another battle only to do the same thing again...

Could go on and on until it's a rant...

Hey if it helps, I feel your pain We all have bad games Everyone has bad games. Sure that doesn't make it any better...

All I can say is mount up, try again and if that fails try again and have Fun doing it..:)

It's all about fun, it's just our game and even with a bad game here and there, WELL IT'S THE BEST GAME EVER! 

Edited by PrimalSeal1965, 24 April 2017 - 08:36 PM.

almighty lou #5 Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:56 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16062 battles
  • [BULL2]
I personally think platoons should be in their own lobbies. Since war gaming dosent seem to be able to fairly even them out in regular matches. Just my opinion .

LoVaC78KaZnA #6 Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:18 PM

Sergeant

• Supertest - PS4
  • 38085 battles

View PostSovietdeath, on 24 April 2017 - 05:53 AM, said:

i have won 62.33% of my games in the last month despite teams, doing well begins with reacting properly to support your team.

PS you have won 54% of your last 120 games so please dont lie about your stats

MM is trash and need some balance.

XxVader16xX #7 Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27208 battles
  • [DP]
The teams have been absolute garbage lately.   When the game is done in under 3 minutes almost repeatedly, there is problems with matchmaking.  Idk how many screenshots I have of me doing over 2k damage and nobody else on the team can do 700....... 

LoVaC78KaZnA #8 Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:27 AM

Sergeant

• Supertest - PS4
  • 38085 battles
They call it the balance.So many people complained about the MM.How can this be  the balance if in a team you have 70% of inexperienced players.At the very beginning you know they are doing wrong.And yeah the MM is so bad omg.Because MM and RNG I stopped playing WOT.But hey am happy playing other games.Without the anxiety and stress

KilledByPing #9 Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:33 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12863 battles
  • [-C-]

View PostmcZIIC, on 24 April 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

Suffering on Tier 6 KV-85 atm. 56 games. 4 games i was top tier. 52 games bottom tier... Not a single middle tier game.

Needless to say that paper armoured tank cant penetrate Tier 8 heavy even on the side with prammo.

At the same time KV-85 getting rect by any Tier 7-8 with 2 shots (again, paper armor, so ANY tier 6-7-8 tank even with stock gun will penetrate that junk).

Edited by KilledByPing, 29 May 2017 - 11:34 AM.

sledge6301 #10 Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:42 PM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 48520 battles
  • [PIRAI]

I had a terrible week but for no reason i played my 131 and i got the most silver i ever seen i did win that match for my team and i dont know what in the was happen i did not feel i played in a new way it just happened?

Probabley luck or someone felt sorry at WG for my poor stats and decided to best give him a good one.

JaggedSine6 #11 Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15457 battles

Been blessed with some really talented teams myself the last few days. (Extreme sarcasm) Been on the other side as well where the reds were useless. Even matches have been a little rare and I miss them. But I did what I could and am a few games away from unlocking my IS-7 so all is good.

Would be nice if you could know in advance if you are with a bunch of potatoes. Nothing like rolling out with what you think is a strong bunch of tanks just to watch them all get obliterated or run away at the first sight of a red.

Stats? We don't need no stinking stats.

sledge6301 #12 Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:28 PM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 48520 battles
  • [PIRAI]

View PostJaggedSine6, on 29 May 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

Been blessed with some really talented teams myself the last few days. (Extreme sarcasm) Been on the other side as well where the reds were useless. Even matches have been a little rare and I miss them. But I did what I could and am a few games away from unlocking my IS-7 so all is good.

Would be nice if you could know in advance if you are with a bunch of potatoes. Nothing like rolling out with what you think is a strong bunch of tanks just to watch them all get obliterated or run away at the first sight of a red.

The US op has been fueling the good players and platoons to work there way to victory on both sides but it feels like i have in some way been on the wrong side all the time.

There is one more thing and that is that im not good enough to play higher tiers yet but i cant stop trying because i need to learn it in some way so if we been together im sorry if i let you down i go for my Cheiftain and 57 Heavy and i try my best but.... Yeah you know...

killer etzi0 #13 Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 55211 battles
  • [47R]

View Postalmighty lou, on 03 May 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

I personally think platoons should be in their own lobbies. Since war gaming dosent seem to be able to fairly even them out in regular matches. Just my opinion .

sounds good, but would really lead to very very very long wait times in que. The easier solution is to limit it to 3 man teams, which isn't ideal, but it would keep those 5 man arty platoons or 5 man Tier X Batch hatchet platoons from roaming around.

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

sledge6301 #14 Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:35 PM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 48520 battles
  • [PIRAI]

View Postalmighty lou, on 04 May 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

You are absolutely right .

WG needs to look at this asap before the majority decides it is no way possible to stay in the wot.

there are other games like this but not with tanks that is way better in matchmaking.

I dont beilive in that young kids have the patience  to  grind tru tanktrees if no chance of win.

This is my view and there should be enough players even if it can take a littel more time to get the battle to start .how cares about a minute or two when the game itself is gaining and everybody is aware of a change like that .

I welcome a vote anyday for this to happen.

Sovietdeath #15 Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:26 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15232 battles

View Postalmighty lou, on 03 May 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

A) They did try it already (back when you could platoon up to 7)

B) It failed terribly

XxVader16xX #16 Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27208 battles
  • [DP]
 I personally like my platoons, at least when me and 4 of me friends get together we can control the match better.  With that said if we're in tier 8s we almost always get matched against 10s....

Sir-Nigel01 #17 Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:00 PM

Private

• Players
  • 17890 battles
  • [-CDN-]

I am a huge fan of the game but it does give me complete Hulk Rage on a regular basis, mainly when I get destroyed having done F all .. either by artillery or just being in the wrong place and getting shot by several tanks I can't even see.

I can understand the MM issue though - I have just acquired the M4A3E8 and it is woeful - as are most new vehicles, before development - also the T150, which couldn't put a hole in a wet paper bag - have parked next to KV-1S and KV-85 and cannot even penetrate their sides !!!

With both I keep finding myself in Tier 8 battles so I either hide and choose my moments, to ensure I last more than 30 seconds OR just act as a one shot wonder

Maybe the MM should look at how far developed your vehicle is and only put you in battle at same tier or below in early stages ??? Maybe it is already supposed to ??

My win/loss rate is 49/51 so I guess it does average out, as with playing with teams that all seem to crumble around you

Edited by Sir-Nigel01, 05 June 2017 - 03:02 PM.

Rarefication #18 Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18103 battles
  • [RATT]

If match making is being unkind to me by placing me in the bottom five, I set a challenge to myself to get 3-5 pens and then see where it goes from there. I set that as my goal and that way I still feel engaged in the match while avoiding the frustration that is usually associated with being bottom tier. 

Or, I take a break and play my Tiger 131, pz 5/4, pz B2, where I am almost assured good match making. 

YoPapa59 #19 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 59506 battles
  • [2-CAV]

View PostSovietdeath, on 30 May 2017 - 05:26 AM, said:

A) They did try it already (back when you could platoon up to 7)

B) It failed terribly

I concur with Sovietdeath.

To increase the "odds/luck" platooning is best.

YoPapa59 #20 Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 59506 battles
  • [2-CAV]

View Postsledge6301, on 29 May 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

The US op has been fueling the good players and platoons to work there way to victory on both sides but it feels like i have in some way been on the wrong side all the time.

There is one more thing and that is that im not good enough to play higher tiers yet but i cant stop trying because i need to learn it in some way so if we been together im sorry if i let you down i go for my Cheiftain and 57 Heavy and i try my best but.... Yeah you know...

Hi sledge,  I did not look at your setup but I recommend a look for a clan that has a "player development" program.  ALSO, the Chieftain and 57 Heavy tech trees are challenging.   Several of the tanks in the tree need a lot of xp to get from stock to "ok".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users