Absolutely Terrible Match Making!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Mrbund #21 Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:27 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25113 battles

View PostmcZIIC, on 24 April 2017 - 05:01 AM, said:

Starting to think wargaming needs to look into their whole match making.  I have probably won 20% of my last 100 games because i am constantly getting match up with a team that cant kill more then 2 people.  Please do something that balances out the skill level of the teams........

same problem regularly with this game. you have winning days then a long patch of crap teams that are impossible to carry. Most players have a win rate around 50%

When WG says that player skill has nothing to do with matchmaking, I think it's an outright lie. If your skill level is just above average, I think you are matched up with a team that you're expected to carry. It's garbage.

Sovietdeath #22 Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:20 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15347 battles

View PostMrbund, on 05 June 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

same problem regularly with this game. you have winning days then a long patch of crap teams that are impossible to carry. Most players have a win rate around 50%

When WG says that player skill has nothing to do with matchmaking, I think it's an outright lie. If your skill level is just above average, I think you are matched up with a team that you're expected to carry. It's garbage.

If they were lying about it they could be sued. As it be false advertising (they just realeased an official explanation of the mechanics on the news page, where its confirmed at no point does the Matchmaker take into account player skill) 

https://console.worl...s/mm-explained/

CavScout8thCav #23 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:01 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15216 battles
  • [NXUS]
Love it says keeping the weight matched. I'd like for them to explain a game I had a couple of weekends ago. My team 1 arty, 1 light, 13 mediums 75% tier 7's the rest 8's. Enemy team 1 arty 2 lights, 1 medium, 11 heavies  85% tier 8 the rest 7's. You can figure out the outcome of that battle. Which still wasn't the worse game I ever played in. Late last year got into a match. My team 13 tier 7's, 2 tier 8's. Enemy team 14 tier 9's, 1 tier 6 light. That game sucked.

OfficialAcorn77 #24 Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:21 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 42795 battles
  • [BASHU]
I'm with you on this played over 50 games this morning an everyone ended with 11 tanks still on other team in a row still not any better tonight about 40 games in an almost everyone the same always on loseing team no matter what tank I pick. 

Thee Turtle God #25 Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:08 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43063 battles

Ye for me bad teams usually are given to me for a couple of games in a row then everything goes back to normal.

But sometimes the teams are useless. Like this one I had this morning.

Albapfalzd3 #26 Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22473 battles

I played a game the other day where we destroyed ONE red tank out of 15. I have never seen a more lop sided victory in my short WOT career. It was painful. And no I didn't get the kill although I do believe I got assist points on it.

Roy 

Greywoolfe64 #27 Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16573 battles
  • [27PZR]
I've had a week of this so far, and it's gone beyond a joke. On the few occasions where I'm top or mid-tier, I hardly get a shot or pen on an enemy, and top tier matches only usually occur on the last match before I quit for the evening. It's as if WG are throwing me a bone to keep me happy. The teams generally have been clueless, and my stats have gone from green to red- (I'm not a GREAT player, but it's taken a lot of effort to get my stats up to green, and now after a week they're back on red, which is heartbreaking.) and I normally wouldn;t mind too much, but I've just spent money on a month's premium time, so it feels like I'm throwing money down a well. RNG isn't helping either- one match I was up against a T26E4 in my Freedom, and even spamming gold at the weakspots couldn't pen the ruddy thing, yet he shot back at me with regular ammo and tore me to pieces. (I do know how to angle armour before any 'git good skreb' comments come my way.) Another match, where I was thankfully top tier (the last of the day, natch) I was up against a Churchill I in my Firefly. First two shots whittle him down to a handful of HP- the next FOUR bounce, the next ONE only does TWO damage, and teh next one FINALLY kills the thing. I can normally take out Tiger 2's with this thing- why is a Churchill I so damned hard? At least I managed three kills and a half-decent match on that occasion...

"Some say that he dines on lower glacis, and that he once spent three weeks hiding in a thick French bush. All we know is, he's called the Stug!"

Current garage (MOE's marked with star*) -click spoiler.

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users