View Range Indicator is broken--can't see it

View Range Indicator View Range

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Sadriel Fett #1 Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:59 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28210 battles
Just played a couple games after the new patch and realized the view range indicator is messed up.  It's so transparent now that it's useless.  You can barely even see the thing.  It may as well not even be there.  Any estimated time on a fix for this?  Thanks in advance.

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

HybredXero #2 Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:28 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 34012 battles
  • [BULL]
Great.  Did they even say why they changed it?  I thought it was fine the way it was.

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

Sadriel Fett #3 Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:46 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28210 battles

View PostHybredXero, on 02 May 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

Great.  Did they even say why they changed it?  I thought it was fine the way it was.

Not that I know of.  I thought it was fine, as well.  Now you can't even see the damn thing.  Some of the changes made with this patch make you just want to go.....

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

JARL VARYAG #4 Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9585 battles
I like the change to it.

My honor is loyalty.

Sadriel Fett #5 Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:38 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28210 battles
They said people asked for this change.  I was like, they wanted it invisible?  I'm curious who asked for it to be like this.  You can't even see the thing, so it makes it useless on the map.  I mean, seriously, you can't barely see the thing.  It's like they went from one end of the spectrum to the other.  You'd think they'd give us a happy medium or make it something we could adjust in the options menu.

WG_Inquisitor #6 Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

QA Analyst

• Administrator
  • 69 battles
Thanks for the report, we'll take a look.  :honoring:

HybredXero #7 Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 34012 battles
  • [BULL]

View PostSadriel Fett, on 03 May 2017 - 08:38 AM, said:

They said people asked for this change.  I was like, they wanted it invisible?  I'm curious who asked for it to be like this.  You can't even see the thing, so it makes it useless on the map.  I mean, seriously, you can't barely see the thing.  It's like they went from one end of the spectrum to the other.  You'd think they'd give us a happy medium or make it something we could adjust in the options menu.

Pretty sure no one asked for this change.  Or the one time they actually listened to people but it was on the wrong topic.  I feel like they are falling behind on fixing things.  

Prime example: ranked battles.  So much feedback and so many questions on the scoring system, yet they aren't going to do anything about it.  They've had months to figure out the scoring system which I believe is the same from the tier 5 ranked battles  The next ranked battles are going to be the same way unless they really listen to the community.

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

II Lieut Dan #8 Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:29 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17120 battles

If it's gone nearly invisible, then that can't be good.  I'll be getting on later to see what's what with the new patch.

"Never, never, never give up."-Winston Churchill

My YouTube channel

Sadriel Fett #9 Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:55 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28210 battles

View PostII Lieut Dan, on 03 May 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

If it's gone nearly invisible, then that can't be good.  I'll be getting on later to see what's what with the new patch.

On some maps it's worse than others, for some reason.  No rhyme or reason for it.

View PostHybredXero, on 03 May 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

Pretty sure no one asked for this change.  Or the one time they actually listened to people but it was on the wrong topic.  I feel like they are falling behind on fixing things.  

Prime example: ranked battles.  So much feedback and so many questions on the scoring system, yet they aren't going to do anything about it.  They've had months to figure out the scoring system which I believe is the same from the tier 5 ranked battles  The next ranked battles are going to be the same way unless they really listen to the community.

Yeah, the scoring system was the big beef for the first one...then the second one...now this one.  I don't get it, either.  

I've looked on the forums for any threads where people asked for this change to the view range indicator, but I can't find them.  Went back as far as last Spring, to no avail.  So, unless they got deleted when they changed up the forums I can't find it.

Sledge1Swede #10 Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:57 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 52633 battles
  • [CH4OS]

Why one earth are they not listen to the players i have read so many comments about the darn wives range indicator and now it is totally useless on my HD tv .

Can you please take this as a serious suggestion. NOBODY not even colourblind players will fight you if you just use the same blue color as found in the color blind mode.

Just get our own tank visable and the indicator work period.

To make everything even more useful highlite the background some more the graphics don't need to be so bold styled for easier tracking the tanks.

I have to sleep now. got wasted.

Pontiac Pat #11 Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 25725 battles
  • [47R]
Try adjusting your brightness.  You may be washing it out with your current settings.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

TocFanKe4 #12 Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:33 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21071 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 03 May 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

Try adjusting your brightness.  You may be washing it out with your current settings.

I've adjusted my brightness with the Xbox one adjustment patterns in the setup menu, and also with a pattern I got online. The cone is pretty much invisible on my TV.

They ruined a neat feature by making it so light. It was fine the way it was. Maybe make it slightly lighter, but now it's all but invisible. 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

Pontiac Pat #13 Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:16 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 25725 battles
  • [47R]

I noticed it on one of the maps I played today as well.  I also tried adjusting the brightness to little effect.  It was worth a try.

That being said, I'm now on the "Make it darker/more visible please" side of the discussion.

Edited by Pontiac Pat, 04 May 2017 - 05:16 AM.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

Bibo1GerUk #14 Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:49 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27892 battles
Maybe some Supertesters asked for it. And then the Art Deparment screwed it up just like the UI is currently. Apparently no-one tests these things before they go live or their objections are ignored. SOP in larger companies it seems.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

HybredXero #15 Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:20 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 34012 battles
  • [BULL]

View PostPontiac Pat, on 03 May 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

I haven't changed any settings when I hooked my xbox up to this tv.  everything was fine before 3.7

View PostPontiac Pat, on 04 May 2017 - 12:16 AM, said:

I noticed it on one of the maps I played today as well.  I also tried adjusting the brightness to little effect.  It was worth a try.

That being said, I'm now on the "Make it darker/more visible please" side of the discussion.

I almost had words for you, but then I saw this and I was like *backspace backspace delete delete* to my original reply.

Steel Wolf 31 #16 Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17722 battles
  • [VGC]
I've played almost all the maps since the update and I'm not seeing an issue with the view cone. I'm on Xbox One with a 1080p monitor.

What ever tactic you use is legit, but if the enemy does it then its a cheap unfair OP noob tactic. 

http://theveterans.boards.net/

Sledge1Swede #17 Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 52633 battles
  • [CH4OS]

I tried on a calibrated computer screen yesterday with maxed out for photoshop indexed colors and the thing is it actually is quite nice.

That being said  WG must compare it in RGB mode for TV screens to work.

Second thing them round map is ok the square mini map is useless.

SnipersLaww #18 Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 12853 battles
  • [KMD]
Im not having an issue seeing it either.  I even have the gamma on my TV turned up so I dont have to mess with it with every game I play.

Currently owned tanks listed in profile.

Also tagged with View Range Indicator, View Range

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users