Lag

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

II Lieut Dan #1 Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17254 battles

Yo fellow tankers.

I got tired of lagging 1-2 times a minute on many, many matches.  Did some research and now I lag 1-2 times, at most, for the entire match!  Simply amazing in my experience!

Here's what I did:

1.  Reset your internet router, do this with your console 'off'

Wait a good 5min and once your router​ is back up and running, turn on your Xbox and proceed to 'Settings' in Xbox, then 'All Settings'

2.  Go to Disc & Blu-ray - select Blu-ray, select Persistent storage, then clear persistent storage (this will help with speed)

3. Go to Power & Startup - select Power mode & startup, make sure Power mode is set to Energy-saving (this will free up some RAM)

4. Go to Network settings - select Advanced settings, select Alternate MAC address, then select clear (this will be the equivalent of clearing cache)

Next, your Xbox will restart. And...you should notice a lot less lag, both in the home screen menu animations and in game.

Hope this helps you guys out as it did for me.  I'd much rather lag once or twice a match than once or twice a minute most often within each match.  A clue this worked for me, even before I played WOT, when I would try to 'Select Server' in the WOT home screen, Auto/East/West/Europe all had a yellow triangle on the Ping column, after doing these steps, I went back to switch from West to East and all servers were full green bars!

Check it out fellas and let me know what you think. 

Oh, and here's the link to what I watched https://youtu.be/44tDbZGOgN8

"Never, never, never give up."-Winston Churchill

My YouTube channel

anonym_H8iHAPaj1kSx #2 Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Seems to have helped a little. Thanks

Will-E-WangStar #3 Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 36485 battles
  • [XRM]
good post....how about ps4??? is there a same trick??? cuz i had a lot of small lagspikes this weekend(nearly every game)

Formally known as: BoereJack

My Youtube Channel Filled With WOT PS4 Gameplay: https://www.youtube....FnoS605ne-GYwiA

3 MARKED TANKS:

SNAKEBITE, T21, SP1C, LYCAN, T-54 LWT, T-54

Symbiot911 #4 Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:42 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 36276 battles
Well mate, I've got a very nice connection, especially to NA West, 4 green bars ,yet the lag has been making my games miserable. I just followed all the steps you provided and had my first lag free game in days. Thanks heaps for the info. Much appreciated. 

Gallant Prime #5 Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:58 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 45776 battles
  • [47R]
Some other things to be aware of is if you are on xbox one.  If you have your settings to automatically download updates or more especially upload videos, then you might have lag as your bandwidth may be used otherwise.  I changed my settings to manually upload and update games and this seemed to help.  I have noticed especially if I had taken a video or got a kamikaze medal.  Also, if your controller batteries are low, I have noticed some sluggishness in responses.  

DenserFlyer173 #6 Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21899 battles
  • [HI5]
is it work for xbox 360?

Gigab0mb #7 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:49 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35942 battles
I knew about the alternate MAC, but didn't know how to stop the constant blu-ray downloads. Thanks.

LOOKIN4VENGENCE #8 Posted 24 November 2017 - 05:04 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 53 battles
Thank you for making this guide!

Greyhounds away #9 Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:49 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26792 battles
  • [PZ512]

View PostII Lieut Dan, on 06 May 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

Yo fellow tankers.

I got tired of lagging 1-2 times a minute on many, many matches.  Did some research and now I lag 1-2 times, at most, for the entire match!  Simply amazing in my experience!

Here's what I did:

1.  Reset your internet router, do this with your console 'off'

Wait a good 5min and once your router​ is back up and running, turn on your Xbox and proceed to 'Settings' in Xbox, then 'All Settings'

2.  Go to Disc & Blu-ray - select Blu-ray, select Persistent storage, then clear persistent storage (this will help with speed)

3. Go to Power & Startup - select Power mode & startup, make sure Power mode is set to Energy-saving (this will free up some RAM)

4. Go to Network settings - select Advanced settings, select Alternate MAC address, then select clear (this will be the equivalent of clearing cache)

Next, your Xbox will restart. And...you should notice a lot less lag, both in the home screen menu animations and in game.

Hope this helps you guys out as it did for me.  I'd much rather lag once or twice a match than once or twice a minute most often within each match.  A clue this worked for me, even before I played WOT, when I would try to 'Select Server' in the WOT home screen, Auto/East/West/Europe all had a yellow triangle on the Ping column, after doing these steps, I went back to switch from West to East and all servers were full green bars!

Check it out fellas and let me know what you think.

Oh, and here's the link to what I watched https://youtu.be/44tDbZGOgN8

Will give it a shot.  Thanks for the recommendation.

Sentience #10 Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:04 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28012 battles
  • [ARROW]

Just throwing out another tip: consider hard wiring your connection to your router.

Less latency between console and router, which means a more consistent connection and transfer of data.

Less ping, less delay, less interference.

If your router and console are far away from each other, a powerline Ethernet kit might be a good solution to route near hardwired Ethernet quality connection to your console. Powerline uses your electrical distribution (outlets) as its own Ethernet network. Some power lines even have their own mini routers to help improve WiFi coverage in large homes.

And the cool thing? This tip works for PS4, and PC as well.

How to fix game balance in a nutshell: Click here.

How to fix Mercenaries in a nutshell: Click here.

How to keep history buffs happy: Click here.

How to make clans relevant again: Click here.

Sadriel Fett #11 Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:39 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 28277 battles
  • [DARMY]
Thanks for the info.

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

Greywoolfe64 #12 Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16615 battles
  • [27PZR]

I found this one a little while ago for PS4 users, and it seems to do the job for me...

"Some say that he dines on lower glacis, and that he once spent three weeks hiding in a thick French bush. All we know is, he's called the Stug!"

Current garage (MOE's marked with star*) -click spoiler.

Spoiler

Ksonko #13 Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:19 AM

Private

• Players
  • 16959 battles
Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection > LAN Cable (Preferred for Gaming) / Wi-Fi > Custom > IP Auto > DHCP 'Do Not Specify' > DNS Manual > MTU Auto > No Proxy >> DONE

I personally use Cloudflare DNS which is

Very useful here, comes an App for Android called DNS Speed Test:

https://play.google....ox.dnsspeedtest

Install > Run > Refresh few times when under the same Network as ur PS4 > Choose the best, most stable one :)

Also tagged with Lag

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users