Jump to content


Ripper - 3 Marks of Excellence


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Corporal Derpy #1 Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:24 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
Spoiler

 

I really do feel bad for anyone who actually paid money for this or the M4A2E4. It really is one of the worst tanks in the game. The tank is blessed by awful everything except for view range and if you would like to 3 Mark this thing, you'll want to abuse the hell out of that view range as right now the assist seems to give insane increase in %.

 

If you aren't running full APCR on this thing, you're doing it wrong.


Garage : 

ATHFjman18 #2 Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 17444 battles
  • 6,665
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

It's really not that bad once you "learn" how to properly play it....AKA use 75-85% APCR rounds.  I bought it cuz it looked cool. It wasn't a big expense, so I don't really mind that it's a lackluster tank.

 

I'm hoping that WG offering it as a free tank helps add to extra potatoes playing the tank, which will lower the damage standing requirements to get more MOEs on it. I'm currently sitting on 1 MOE at about 67-70% range. 

 

The standard M4A2E4 actually has nothing going for it, cuz it doesn't look as cool as the Ripper!!  :trollface:LOL



Corporal Derpy #3 Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:40 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostATHFjman18, on 12 May 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

It's really not that bad once you "learn" how to properly play it....AKA use 75-85% APCR rounds.  I bought it cuz it looked cool. It wasn't a big expense, so I don't really mind that it's a lackluster tank.

 

I'm hoping that WG offering it as a free tank helps add to extra potatoes playing the tank, which will lower the damage standing requirements to get more MOEs on it. I'm currently sitting on 1 MOE at about 67-70% range. 

 

The standard M4A2E4 actually has nothing going for it, cuz it doesn't look as cool as the Ripper!!  :trollface:LOL

 

I'm not gonna play it now that it's 3 Marked so the % should drop over the course of the month as a result of that.

It really is still bad even once you load almost exclusively APCR, they fix the pen but they don't fix all the other god awful stats that WG decided to gimp for no logical reason and refuse to change to this day.

 

 

What's insane is that they are giving away the Ripper for free and then trying to sell the regular E4 in the same month.


Garage : 

ATHFjman18 #4 Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:44 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 17444 battles
  • 6,665
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 12 May 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

 

What's insane is that they are giving away the Ripper for free and then trying to sell the regular E4 in the same month.

 

Or is it pure evil genius on part of WG's marketing dept. Tug at the heart strings of "tank collectors" by offering the first one for free then sucker you into buying the second one to complete your "collection". :D + :facepalm:



RaiBOT01 #5 Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:24 PM

    (Cat) Community Manager

  • Administrator
  • 2839 battles
  • 13,821
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2013

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 12 May 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

Spoiler

 

I really do feel bad for anyone who actually paid money for this or the M4A2E4. It really is one of the worst tanks in the game. The tank is blessed by awful everything except for view range and if you would like to 3 Mark this thing, you'll want to abuse the hell out of that view range as right now the assist seems to give insane increase in %.

 

If you aren't running full APCR on this thing, you're doing it wrong.

 

Nice! Congratulations! :D  But I don't think the tank is that bad :) Is there anything you liked about it?

Edited by RaiBOT01, 12 May 2017 - 06:25 PM.

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/walkingcat_by_thetaupe.gif' href='http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/walkingcat_by_thetaupe.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin...by_thetaupe.gif</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin...hetaupe.gif</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin...upe.gif</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin...gif</a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'><a href='http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://www.pixeljoin.../a></a></a></a></a> 

Player's passion for our games is the fuel that keeps my tank engine running every day.

"Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right" - Isaac Asimov

Follow me on Twitter: @RAIBot01 - Crew Skills and Perks

Click to send in a XBOX  -  PS4


Corporal Derpy #6 Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:05 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostRaiBOT01, on 12 May 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

Nice! Congratulations! :D  But I don't think the tank is that bad :) Is there anything you liked about it?

 

View Range.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Corporal%20Derpy/screenshot/6392461

 

Nothing else.

 

Adding this for those who are interested what it looks like.

Spoiler

 


Garage : 

IAmJonReaper #7 Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:44 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12543 battles
  • 1,384
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

View PostRaiBOT01, on 12 May 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

 

Nice! Congratulations! :D  But I don't think the tank is that bad :) Is there anything you liked about it?

 

It really needs an aim time + accuracy + pen buff. IMO anyway. 

 

 


Corporal Derpy #8 Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostIAmJonReaper, on 12 May 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

It really needs an aim time + accuracy + pen buff. IMO anyway. 

 

If I'm honest, while I do think the penetration is a problem and is especially the case because of the release of the Japanese Heavies, I don't think it is really needing a buff any time soon.

 

I think what the Ripper, and all the PMM Premiums bar maybe the KV-220-2 need is their aim times, accuracy and dispersion values made better to compensate for the poor penetration, because as it is right now they have almost no advantage going for them.  

The penetration is bad enough to begin with, but the aim times require you to take longer to get the gun going than TT vehicles, the accuracy forces you to need APCR to stand a chance at penning because it's impossible to reliably hit weakspots unless you are at point blank and the dispersion rids you of the ability to shoot if you wish to hit the enemy at all unless you stop the tank and fully aim at point blank.

 

The only justification for the piss poor gun performance is that they are lower tier guns and WG have a hard on for making low tiers have derp gun like characteristics, but this shouldn't be done when you stick the same gun on a tank a tier higher, they should by default perform better than that gun on a lower tier tank not worse than them.


Garage : 

IAmJonReaper #9 Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12543 battles
  • 1,384
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 12 May 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

 

If I'm honest, while I do think the penetration is a problem and is especially the case because of the release of the Japanese Heavies, I don't think it is really needing a buff any time soon.

 

I think what the Ripper, and all the PMM Premiums bar maybe the KV-220-2 need is their aim times, accuracy and dispersion values made better to compensate for the poor penetration, because as it is right now they have almost no advantage going for them.  

The penetration is bad enough to begin with, but the aim times require you to take longer to get the gun going than TT vehicles, the accuracy forces you to need APCR to stand a chance at penning because it's impossible to reliably hit weakspots unless you are at point blank and the dispersion rids you of the ability to shoot if you wish to hit the enemy at all unless you stop the tank and fully aim at point blank.

 

The only justification for the piss poor gun performance is that they are lower tier guns and WG have a hard on for making low tiers have derp gun like characteristics, but this shouldn't be done when you stick the same gun on a tank a tier higher, they should by default perform better than that gun on a lower tier tank not worse than them.

 

I agree with this the faster and more precise you can hit a weak spot it will negate the need for that extra pen. 

 

So there you go WG buff the aim time + accuracy. (dispersion) I meant.


Edited by IAmJonReaper, 12 May 2017 - 08:12 PM.

 

 


Corporal Derpy #10 Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:12 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostIAmJonReaper, on 12 May 2017 - 08:10 PM, said:

I agree with this the faster and more precise you can hit a weak spot it will negate the need for that extra pen. 

 

So there you go WG buff the aim time + accuracy. 

 

Well 

Aim time + Accuracy + Dispersion.

 

Accuracy and Dispersion are counted separately, you can have a really accurate gun with awful dispersion or a really inaccurate gun that has good dispersion. In the case of the PMM's, bar the Mk III and KV-220-2 they all have awful accuracy and awful dispersion and they need neither.


Garage : 

IAmJonReaper #11 Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:37 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12543 battles
  • 1,384
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 12 May 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

 

Well 

Aim time + Accuracy + Dispersion.

 

Accuracy and Dispersion are counted separately, you can have a really accurate gun with awful dispersion or a really inaccurate gun that has good dispersion. In the case of the PMM's, bar the Mk III and KV-220-2 they all have awful accuracy and awful dispersion and they need neither.

 

I know I forgot the + between them. I fail at editing lol. 

 

 


Pawel Broda 73 #12 Posted 13 May 2017 - 09:35 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 30493 battles
  • 6,652
  • Member since:
    07-31-2014

I'm not sure. 

About Tiger's Sherman

—10 degree is a bad???  (value of gun depression) 

Small and armored (76mm) turret,  too is a bad? 

Mobility compare to for example german T25 Skoda Captured is bad?

Are you sure?

The turn speed in Sherman on paper look better. (both turrer & chassis). 

15,75 shots per minute is too a bad value? 

Alpha 110HP is bad too? 

Sorry,  I'm not sure.

Sloped front plate is a bad too? 

The gun caliber 75mm, bad? 

 

Ps. No offense,  I'm going to get this vechicle by "americans" points,  that I'm not sure its good choice?. 



lysteria85 #13 Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21647 battles
  • 1,307
  • [_NI_]
  • Member since:
    01-12-2017

"Tiger" Sherman surely looks great on paper but lacks a lot of "this little something" when you play it.

Turret is rarely a target because everybody can penetrate front plate

Slopping doesn't work because of two big driver's hatches in front (angled with almost 90 degrees and taking 1/4 of armour's size - perfect target)

Mobility is just bad, don't know why - maybe because low climbing value?

Gun caliber, 15,75 shots per minute and alpha 110 HP doesn't mean nothing if you can not penetrate more than half of enemies from V tier, not even mention VI

 


Dziesiąty pocisk dla Jadzi, niech se Jadzia wsadzi! Ona ma siłę oraz nieleczoną anginę

Corporal Derpy #14 Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:28 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostPawel Broda 73, on 13 May 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

I'm not sure. 

About Tiger's Sherman

—10 degree is a bad???  (value of gun depression) 

Small and armored (76mm) turret,  too is a bad? 

Mobility compare to for example german T25 Skoda Captured is bad?

Are you sure?

The turn speed in Sherman on paper look better. (both turrer & chassis). 

15,75 shots per minute is too a bad value? 

Alpha 110HP is bad too? 

Sorry,  I'm not sure.

Sloped front plate is a bad too? 

The gun caliber 75mm, bad? 

 

Ps. No offense,  I'm going to get this vechicle by "americans" points,  that I'm not sure its good choice?. 

 

You are basically just throwing up a whole bunch of stats that are average or below average.

 

- Gun depression is -10 degrees, most Mediums have similar, the same or better. But only the E4 gets it that two areas of the front force it to -5. Even the IV H gets to use it's entire front for the advertised gun depression. We'll get back to this in a moment.

- The turret is not that armoured, it will bounce the odd shot but it will not bounce anything of the same tier reliably. It also isn't that small and I have no idea where people come up with the idea that it is.

- Mobility will get you where you need to go but not much more than that. It wont be able to circle much as they'll be able to get the gun to catch up to you and they will hit more shots on you than you hit on them.

- Why on earth does the turn rate on the turret matter? It's about a 2 degrees per second difference, this wont ever make a difference. Mobility wise the M4 is better and as a result despite having the same track traverse, the M4 likely traverses faster without bleeding as much speed. Premiums also typically suffer from having worse than shown as far as I'm aware due to the lack of a stock engine in terms of how the track traverse and that is decided.

- Going to cover both of these in one.

The DPM is 'better' than most on paper as it reloads faster than most of the V Mediums with similar or better alpha. But this is in theory because most of these tanks will be able to fire faster, hit more often and pen more shots than you will, should you move the hull or turret at all you are then forced to fully re aim the shot to fire so they will likely outDPM you bar the Skoda T 24. 

The alpha is average if not below average, the majority have slightly higher by 5 damage, or 15 for the Chi-Nu/Chi-Nu Kai. You will frequently find yourself rolling for 100 or less which is not what you want to be doing when you have the kind of accuracy in which you could fire the gun inside a barn, have it fly out a window without hitting anything in the barn, firing off into space only to miss the moon, slingshot out of the milky way, bounce off something it hits and come back just to fly out a second window in the barn.

- The sloped front isn't even that armoured and the only tanks that will fail to pen it are stock, or stock low tiers as most of the IV's could likely pen the front reliably. If they had any risk of bouncing then not to worry because they put FOUR weakspots on it. So you have weakspots, a tall tank and two parts on the front that negate gun depression. I said we'd get back onto this so here we are, to frequently be able to use your gun depression to the full effect you have to engage enemies sideways on or drive up hills sideways, you only really use the front if you are pushing on a Tier III you know cannot pen you or you're rushing someone.

- Not even going to go on about the gun calibre as it has no part in this.

 

 

 

 

If there is any other tank you do not have, such as the Lycan, go for that. The T95E2 is my most hated tank in the game but I would recommend going for that over this. Save the Ripper for last unless it is the only tank you need. 

Getting it for free is good but I would never suggest purchasing it for money.


Garage : 

JelliedPenny08 #15 Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14643 battles
  • 3,976
  • Member since:
    06-07-2014

View PostRaiBOT01, on 12 May 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

 

Nice! Congratulations! :D  But I don't think the tank is that bad :) Is there anything you liked about it?

 

I bought it and I like the paint job and the view range. But I agree with Derpy, without accuracy and penetration you can't easily use the viewrange for engaging. It helps with spotting and assists though. The sales patter makes it sound really good and looking at the stats are kind of misleading as it doesn't really add up to the tank that it should be. Even in this thread people are looking it up and thinking it is going to be like a mini-Fury or something. It should be but it isn't anywhere near that. 

 

I want to like this tank, but I don't normally drive it much (even during the current American Ops I'm only getting the x2 in it). 

 

Sorry got distracted - GG Derpy!  :)



Corporal Derpy #16 Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:12 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostJelliedPenny08, on 13 May 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

I bought it and I like the paint job and the view range. But I agree with Derpy, without accuracy and penetration you can't easily use the viewrange for engaging. It helps with spotting and assists though. The sales patter makes it sound really good and looking at the stats are kind of misleading as it doesn't really add up to the tank that it should be. Even in this thread people are looking it up and thinking it is going to be like a mini-Fury or something. It should be but it isn't anywhere near that. 

 

I want to like this tank, but I don't normally drive it much (even during the current American Ops I'm only getting the x2 in it). 

 

Sorry got distracted - GG Derpy!  :)

 

You do really just have to use the view range to spot, as a lot of the times you can light someone up at range, it's too far to reliably hit them and the only upside is that you can fire and see how often the gun misses without being lit up.

To be fair, every time they put out a tank they sell it out as something fantastic, amazing, capable of doing this and that and for some it's not far from the truth but others like the Ripper it couldn't be further away.

 

Now that I've 3 Marked I probably wont ever play the tank again, instead of using it to get the remaining 78 Kills needed for the Patriot Medal I've even went and purchased a different tank rather than use it because I'd rather avoid putting any more time into the tank while it remains in the current gimped state that has led to it being one of the worst potential V Mediums to use.


Garage : 

JelliedPenny08 #17 Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:34 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14643 battles
  • 3,976
  • Member since:
    06-07-2014

View PostCorporal Derpy, on 13 May 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

 

You do really just have to use the view range to spot, as a lot of the times you can light someone up at range, it's too far to reliably hit them and the only upside is that you can fire and see how often the gun misses without being lit up.

To be fair, every time they put out a tank they sell it out as something fantastic, amazing, capable of doing this and that and for some it's not far from the truth but others like the Ripper it couldn't be further away.

 

Now that I've 3 Marked I probably wont ever play the tank again, instead of using it to get the remaining 78 Kills needed for the Patriot Medal I've even went and purchased a different tank rather than use it because I'd rather avoid putting any more time into the tank while it remains in the current gimped state that has led to it being one of the worst potential V Mediums to use.

 

I couldn't agree more, +1! 

Just out of curiosity what Equipment do you run on it?  :)



Corporal Derpy #18 Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:49 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21102 battles
  • 18,248
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostJelliedPenny08, on 17 May 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

I couldn't agree more, +1! 

Just out of curiosity what Equipment do you run on it?  :)

 

Rammer/Vents/Optics.

With 370m base view range and all the possible view range buffs, I wanted the most out of the spotting capability of the tank because the damage capability is so bad.

 

It can be useful so long as you get maps that it can be farmed on, but what you'll probably get the most in the tank is Dukla Pass or Port and nothing else.


Garage : 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users